Virtual Drunk Tank

Foggy

Re: Virtual Drunk Tank

Post by Foggy » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:31 am

Because it's marked as a "global". I will fix.
I put the 'fun' in dysfunctional.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:34 am

Foggy wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:31 am
Because it's marked as a "global". I will fix.
I don't think it was "broken" just different.

Like many people I know.

eta...if it's a square for global instead of a circle, does that mean it's a flat earth globe?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:35 am

I'm proud to be both. :blink:
DjTO3XsWwAEXbF_.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I put the 'fun' in dysfunctional.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Sat May 04, 2019 9:22 pm

Am I the only person who thinks that red wine drunks are objectively more pleasant than other forms of drunk? Also the hangover that's coming tomorrow will probably be less awful than, say, gin hangovers, which used to be a source of dread and trepidation in my younger years (hi there, law student me!) when I didn't know that the Martini/Negroni/G&T choo-choo train needs to stop after two drinks, or there will be fucking hell to pay in the morning, not to mention the most toxic bad breath known to humankind.

I'm very strange when I'm alone for the weekend and intoxicated. :dance:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Sun May 05, 2019 3:45 am

Red wine drunks are absolutely, from my recent experience, very pleasant. But I had a pretty damn bad red wine hangover this time last week. Of course, some of that might have had to do with quantity - I think ten of us put away over a dozen bottles.
"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Sun May 05, 2019 9:56 am

Depends on the red wine.
red-grape-wine.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image Image Image Image

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun May 05, 2019 10:01 am

So far, the critique is from red wine drunks. Biased poll maybe? I like champagne drunks myself, speaking from years of experience. :bighug:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: On July 28, 1919, Arkansas became the 12th state to adopt the 19th Amendment.

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda » Sun May 05, 2019 10:16 am

Estiveo, that image reminded me of a goofball magazine published at my undergraduate alma mater. They once did a feature article "reviewing" a number of popular bum wines - and by "reviewed," I mean the author of the piece got thoroughly plastered on each and then wrote his thoughts, which were exactly as coherent as you'd expect from a drunk college student writing for the alternative campus magazine. The wines on review included MD 20/20, Thunderbird, Night Train, and (I think) Wild Irish Rose. It was a hilarious article, even for someone like me, who did not and will not touch such products.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Sun May 05, 2019 10:59 am

I had the unfortunate experience of a Mad Dog 20/20 drunk when I was 19 and had no clue what that shit was.

I'd never had a 3 day hangover before (or since) and still get a little nauseous thinking about it 40 years later.

I'm amazed it's still legal.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Sun May 05, 2019 11:02 am

The words Red, Grape, and Wine should all be in quotation marks. 8-)
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:11 pm

Q: anyone ever had a hangover from a bottle of Birther Tears :?:

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sun May 05, 2019 12:27 pm

The only thing MD 20/20 is good for is skip and go nekkid punch.

vic

Post by vic » Sun May 05, 2019 9:16 pm

When I was working in Fallon, NV, I noticed that the liquor store carried 190 proof Everclear. The owner explained that the ranchers and shepherds in the region would carry it and they had plentiful water sources to dilute it.

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Sun May 05, 2019 9:55 pm

vic wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 9:16 pm
When I was working in Fallon, NV, I noticed that the liquor store carried 190 proof Everclear. The owner explained that the ranchers and shepherds in the region would carry it and they had plentiful water sources to dilute it.
My grandmother claimed to keep Everclear to treat her bunyons. It is somewhat similar to lighter fluid and for a time was taken from liquor store shelves because it was used in free-basing. Or something like that.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Sun May 05, 2019 10:01 pm

I had a coworker whose hobby was rebuilding engines. He swore by everclear for cleaning carburetors.

HST's Ghost

Post by HST's Ghost » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:55 am

Everclear for bunions?! How does that work?
Everclear was a common purchase for kids in Tijuana when I was growing up in San Diego. I still didn't drink but kids in sr. high school would mix it with koolaid or whatever and bring it to school in a thermos...Ever see the movie, "Over the Edge"?

Anyhow, I do drink now, and this seems like a fine night to pour some heavily taxed Japanese shochu out onto Vietnamese soil...I don't how you, or the people of Toledo, will be able to make it through the day without a shot of something...please don't let anything terrible happen while I sleep this one off...

Let's all watch...
Either give me more wine or leave me alone. - Rumi

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:26 pm

I really ought to commission a study on why combinations involving lime, sugar, and generous amounts of rum are so goddamn tasty. It's entirely too easy for me to mix a couple of too-strong caipirinhas (well, caipirinissimas, in fairness, since I don't have cachaca and am therefore substituting Bacardi light rum) after Mrs. FRP has gone to bed, and now look at me.

:confused:

Return to “The Lounge”