"We haven't disappeared; We're just traveling."

kate520

Re: "We haven't disappeared; We're just traveling."

Post by kate520 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:33 am

Maybenaut wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:08 am
I took a couple of workshops from him already. Plus his band gave a concert tonight. They were fabulous!
Wow, you waste NO time, do you? :lol: :lol:
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

kate520

Post by kate520 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:48 am

I too is at the beach. No pics though, it was too cold yesterday for this little delicate flower. No fireworks. 😿 We didn’t feel either the earthquake yesterday or the big aftershock this morning. Sprout did, though, at home.

We went down to the next loop for dinner with friends last night. Nothing like seeing your son’s teen babysitter all grown up with kids of his own!!

I hadn’t seen his mom, Val, in a while. She and her wife Jeanne moved to Utah a couple of years ago when Jeanne retired. Once when I was a bit tipsy I confessed to Val that IF I was bent that way, she would be exactly my type. She’s warm and Zaftig and billowy and funny and a wonderful person - she raised her sister’s 3 boys when her sister fell off the edge of the earth doing drugs.

Val was bent over the picnic table chopping something when I went to give her a hug. I Found a grape In my pocket just before the hug, and said ‘Oh, there’s a grape in my pocket’.

Without missing a beat, she said ‘oh, is that a grape on your pocket or are you just happy to see me?’

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Perfection. If you like those kinds of jokes.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:24 pm

I traveled through Okoboji this morning on my way to get something on my drivers license changed. I drove back. I bet my scenery was at least as good as Foggy's 8-)
Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:24 pm

kate520 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:48 am
I too is at the beach. No pics though, it was too cold yesterday for this little delicate flower. No fireworks. 😿 We didn’t feel either the earthquake yesterday or the big aftershock this morning. Sprout did, though, at home.

We went down to the next loop for dinner with friends last night. Nothing like seeing your son’s teen babysitter all grown up with kids of his own!!

:snippity:
Val was bent over the picnic table chopping something when I went to give her a hug. I Found a grape In my pocket just before the hug, and said ‘Oh, there’s a grape in my pocket’.

Without missing a beat, she said ‘oh, is that a grape on your pocket or are you just happy to see me?’

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Perfection. If you like those kinds of jokes.
Glad you had a nice day, even if a little bit chilly. Sounds like a nice visit with friends. Friends is good!
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:15 pm

Yeah well, after a good swim we got chased off the beach on our last day by thunderstorms, but it looks like it cleared up enough that we can go down to Myrtle Beach so I can administer a thrashing to my wife and son on the miniature golf course. I hear that if you hold your putter straight up it makes a lovely lightning rod. :dance:
Every locked door has a key. - Emika Chen

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:38 pm

ZekeB wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:24 pm
I traveled through Okoboji this morning on my way to get something on my drivers license changed. I drove back. I bet my scenery was at least as good as Foggy's 8-)
In my youth, we had a summer vacation home on Lake Okoboji. Many good memories. Then we sold that and bought(built) a house on Saylorville Lake at Polk City (man-made via a dam) because it was closer. Never liked Saylorville Lake as much as Okoboji. :lovestruck:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:37 am

So after a brief swim yesterday, this storm moved in and we had to leave the beach early.

storm.png

The storm also killed our chances of playing miniature golf in Myrtle Beach. And yesterday was our last day of vacation, sadly. But we did get hush puppies and calamari at our favorite seafood restaurant, Beck's in Calabash.

becks.jpg
Today we'll get on the road toward Raleigh bright and early.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:00 am

Foggy wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:37 am
So after a brief swim yesterday, this storm moved in and we had to leave the beach early.
The storm also killed our chances of playing miniature golf in Myrtle Beach. And yesterday was our last day of vacation, sadly. But we did get hush puppies and calamari at our favorite seafood restaurant, Beck's in Calabash.

Today we'll get on the road toward Raleigh bright and early.
:shock:
And then back in Raleigh, we get back on a healthy diet. Yes? :boxing:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:31 am

Playing with new photo imager recommended by Fogbowzers. My grandgurlzz traveled from Dallas area to visit Mimi and Papa.

This is the “Oat Meal” per Harper, 5. Grownups not in the know call it the “Old Mill”.
FFBD610B-2790-4023-B7A3-D0D94D110F68.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:43 am

6618BB19-7A31-4F7D-98D5-15D775E6AFAF.jpeg
Grandgurlzz with Dad at the Oat Meal.
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:50 am

FFCCFD39-CD05-4D69-8AA7-07D6FF8C7E2A.jpeg
Moar Oat Meal and grandgurlzz

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:52 am

scirreeve wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:54 am
I haz a July 4 photo from the beach too, also.
Capture.JPG
Beautiful!

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:22 pm

Oat Meal. :lovestruck: And Grandgurlz. :lovestruck:

Life is sweet, mostly. Hard to remember sometimes. Thanks for the reminder. :lovestruck:
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:49 am

neonzx wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:00 am
Calamari is almost fish! But, umm ... yeah. Back to the diet today. :madguy:

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:59 am

Foggy wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:49 am
neonzx wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:00 am
Calamari is almost fish! But, umm ... yeah. Back to the diet today. :madguy:
You'll be fine. Have you had calamai without the breading. :sick:
You're permitted a bit a discretion. I still indulge in Oreo Blizzards, but I time them -- 3 months. (I do the same with weed)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:11 pm

neonzx wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:59 am
Have you had calamai without the breading?
No, but I ordered my scallops broiled instead of fried Calabash-style (which means breaded).

And I went to my exercise class this morning (musical asskicking, one hour of aerobic mixed martial arts).

So I'm getting right back on schedule. :dance:

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:37 pm

RVInit wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:22 pm
Oat Meal. :lovestruck: And Grandgurlz. :lovestruck:

Life is sweet, mostly. Hard to remember sometimes. Thanks for the reminder. :lovestruck:
:bighug:

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:22 am

I like Maui turtles - took pic today.
Capture.JPG

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:58 pm

Oh barf.

I traveled clear across the fine State of Minnesota today and only had to deal with four episodes of fifteen mile long stretches of road construction. I crossed the Mississippi at Winona, MN and entered Walkerless Wisconsin. The scenery was beautiful. I arrived at the prescribed location for my 50 year high school reunion three hours early, so I decided to drive around and see what has changed. Trempealeau County, Wisconsin must be the fracking sand mining capitol of the whole world. The landscape is awful. Sand piles everywhere. Big piles. Railroad cars - oodles of 'em. And then, the most offal thing I ever saw. A sign telling me I was at Trump Coulee Road. Puke. Nobody bothered to deface it either. I guess you can't go home anymore after all. Tomorrow I head back.
Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:55 am

It's Sunday so I am headed to New London. Mrs.V. Is ready to return to the North Fork after 2 weeks of early music.

Taking the smaller ferries that leave on the half hour.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:00 pm

As a reminder, just so you don't think something bad happened, starting tomorrow, August 1, I'll be taking a rest for a month or two. So, see ya when I see ya. :wave:

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:52 pm

Enjoy! :wave:

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:49 pm

We’ll be gone for about a week. No biggie; just taking the grandkids away.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:20 pm

AndyinPA wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:49 pm
We’ll be gone for about a week. No biggie; just taking the grandkids away.
Have fun!

We are resting this week from having cared for our three granddoggies last weekend. They are all territorial and alert you (in 3 dog harmony) to every leaf that falls, every frog that croaks, and every outside sound they hear. They are not small dogs. The youngest and lightest weighs 40 pounds. BUT, they LOVE Mimi and Papa!

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:18 pm

A week-long trip to surprise mom in TexASS for her 80th (8/1) turned difficult and my current return date is August 31.

The BD bash was wonderful, loud and over the top. Next day, bam! mom took a bad turn and I took over as house beast, nurse, cook and facilitator. Four days ago, as I was out grocery shopping she fell and hurt herself badly. Broke facial bones on the right side, including jaw, broken wrist, nose and terrible skin tears. Poor girl is in the hospital.

The summary is that she says now she realizes she can't live alone. I had hoped for her that she could continue but she is tuckered out (and mean on top of that).

I will help sort things at her apartment, and we have coordination between Memorial Herman Hospital here and a facility three minutes from my house in Ohio. Details to be worked out over the next two weeks then I will bring her home to what I hope will be a lovely fall in NW OH. I will be able to visit, drag her out for things, but I won't have to agonize over her falling and being alone.

Return to “The Lounge”