Hijack this thread

Lani

Re: Hijack this thread

Post by Lani » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:39 am

Why would Trump change anything? It works for him. Perhaps instead of hoping that 45 will stop insulting people, perhaps Powell could compare him to dictators he has know and warn of the great danger we all face as Trump ramps up the agitation to eleventy as he declares Democrats to be dangerous.

I'll be amazed if we get through the election without violence.

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:16 pm

Stupid fuckers actually called the cops cuz... whales.

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:29 pm

GreatGrey wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:16 pm

https:// twitter.com/_SJPeace_/status/1049431085405360128
That's so stupid that it hurts. :(

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:49 pm

The great news - these people obviously appeared to have reproduced. :roll:

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:53 pm

Well, the whales did appear to be black.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

HST's Ghost

Post by HST's Ghost » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:25 am

Didn't know where to put this but complete tragedy and hard to believe how so many could die simply due to running a stop sign...
Limo in New York crash "not supposed to be on the road," governor says

The supersized limousine that crashed and killed 20 people outside an upstate New York country store failed a safety inspection last month. The Ford Excusion limousine shouldn't have been on the road and the driver wasn't properly licensed, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Monday.

The state moved to shut down the owner, Prestige Limousine, as state and federal authorities investigated the cause of Saturday's wreck in Schoharie. Federal records show the company has undergone five inspections and had four vehicles pulled from service in the last two years.

"In my opinion, the owner of this company had no business putting a failed vehicle on the road," Cuomo said while attending a Columbus Day Parade in New York City. "Prestige has a lot of questions to answer."

Investigators were reviewing text messages and social media posts from victims who were active moments before the deadly crash. Police seized four vehicles from the company including the one involved in the crash, and said the owner of the company could face criminal prosecution if they are at fault.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/limo-crash ... on-latest/
#MAGA #Deregulation

Either give me more wine or leave me alone. - Rumi

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 pm

Plan for new Confederate license plate is backed by Texas Agriculture Commissioner Miller
By Andrea Zelinski Updated 2:16 pm CDT, Tuesday, October 9, 2018

The Sons of Confederate Veterans are proposing a new license Texas license plate featuring a confederate soldier.

AUSTIN — Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller is sponsoring a proposed Texas license plate that glorifies Confederate soldiers to help raise money for the Sons of Confederate Veterans — reigniting a decade-old debate over establishing a novelty plate to benefit the group.

The new design includes a rebel soldier clad in a gray Confederate uniform carrying a Texas regiment’s flag. The license plate design does not include the Confederate battle flag.

As first reported by the Dallas Morning News, Miller wrote a letter in support of the license plate design and, as Agriculture Commissioner, offered to sponsor the plate. He told the paper, “I couldn’t see anything offensive about it.”

https://www.chron.com/news/politics/tex ... 292903.php

Lunaluz
Occupation: Bean Counter for Boeing Commercial. You break it I find a way to fix it.

Post by Lunaluz » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:59 pm

Ugh... I am flying back to Minnesota on the 17th.. we will get in at 3:00 PM , my daughter wants to leave immediately, she
inherited a car when my mom passed. We will be driving I-94 to I-90 from Minnesota to Seattle..she doesn't even want to stay overnight before we leave. I did however, demand that we go to White Castle.. she grudgingly agreed.
I am buying Triple A for the trip and have demanded we sleep at least one night somewhere. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the drive from Minnesota to Seattle.. Stopping at the Museum of the West in Bozeman?.. we also enjoyed Chico Hotsprings.. this time no..drive.. fast food.. and yuk, and Apple's Siri will be her go to.. I always enjoyed the rest stops in Montana.. that say.. beware of Rattlesnakes..always cracks me up. Wish me luck.. we really need to go.. before it really snows.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:04 pm

GreatGrey wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:16 pm
4D64C4F2-9902-4CBF-BAB7-1EBEB7545725.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

tek

Post by tek » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:07 am

HST's Ghost wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:25 am
Didn't know where to put this but complete tragedy and hard to believe how so many could die simply due to running a stop sign...
From what I've heard/read, it was more than running a stop sign..

Reports say there is a long downhill grade before the stop sign, wondering if the driver was riding the brakes down the hill and either smoked the linings or boiled the brake fluid (undersized brakes for the weight of the vehicle, old wet brake fluid), or if perhaps the brakes just outright failed.

A truckload of bricks
In the soft morning light

tek

Post by tek » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:15 am

The local teevee weather forecasters here in Massachusetts seem to need to start every forecast with a warning for everyone in the Panama City FL area to evacuate before the hurricane.

I'm sure that helps.

A truckload of bricks

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:40 am

I see a lot of that here on the local news. They parrot many items just seen on the national news. But when you live in an area when every day is a slow news day and they have two nearly identical half hour news programs a half hour apart, they have to fill with something.

Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:20 am

In view of recent events, I wonder how long before someone markets a beer brand that exploits Kavanaugh's enthusiasm.

Something like Kav's Beer or maybe Supreme Lager.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:31 am

The dumbest lady in the NC Democratic Party signed up to volunteer for the State Fair booth yesterday. The good news is, if she can find it and sign up, anyone else (and a good number of household pets) can find it and sign up. <-- preposition, yay!

If she did actually sign up, that is. I haven't downloaded the current list from SignupGenius yet. She did send a message to the Facebook page that said, "See you today at the Fair." Umm, the Fair starts tomorrow. :lol:

This lady, I hate to admit, is a licensed attorney who cannot for the life of her form a coherent sentence in ordinary conversation. A coherent paragraph is so far beyond her ability it's like a cow jumping over the Moon. How can you possibly be a lawyer if you can't formulate a coherent paragraph? Jeazess.

Maybe she won't show up. Maybe two other people are signed up for the shift, and can prevent her from doing anything insane. They'll deserve combat pay. Maybe she will be the only one signed up for the shift. In that case I'll have to go spend 3 hours with her. I can't possibly allow her to represent the NC Democratic Party in public, alone, for 3 hours.

Lordy, I hope she gets lost. Or shows up today. Or something. Halp Mr. Wizard! :violin:

Mr. William L. Bryan is the root of a great deal of criminal mischief. And yet, Mr. Bryan remains at large.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:59 am

ZekeB wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:40 am
I see a lot of that here on the local news. They parrot many items just seen on the national news. But when you live in an area when every day is a slow news day and they have two nearly identical half hour news programs a half hour apart, they have to fill with something.

At least here, there’s lobsters of unsusal color, rabid wildlife, wandering moose, and apple festivals to cover.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:25 am

Wait until the apples fall off the trees, and give them time to ferment.

Then you'll have drunken black bears up there. They are party animals. :lol:

Mr. William L. Bryan is the root of a great deal of criminal mischief. And yet, Mr. Bryan remains at large.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:35 am

Foggy wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:31 am
The dumbest lady in the NC Democratic Party signed up to volunteer for the State Fair booth yesterday.
Now that I've seen the emails, she may have signed up for 6 shifts. :shock: She instructed me to tell the other people working those shifts that they have to stay and can't run away from her screaming. Y'know, "so I can show what a poster child for the party I am." She says she has a giant "Blue Wave" banner. Sadly, the NCDP is paying for the booth and the NCDP thinks they get to put their own banner on it. She thinks she's running for US senate in 2020, and I'll have to prevent her from campaigning at the booth. This is a seriously adverse development. :madguy:

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:32 am

Fortinbras wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:20 am
In view of recent events, I wonder how long before someone markets a beer brand that exploits Kavanaugh's enthusiasm.

Something like Kav's Beer or maybe Supreme Lager.
Bart O’Kavanaugh Brewery presents it’s newest: Bart’s “I Like” Beer- all froth and foam, no beer. You can drink and drink and drink.....and never pass out.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

vic

Post by vic » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:56 pm

I have a diagnosis - extramedullary plasmacytoma. Of all the possibilities, this sounds like one of the most treatable. I start chemotherapy Friday. Since the chemo will suppress the immune system, I also will be taking an antiviral, and have to avoid crowds. So there is at least one benefit to already being a solitary introvert.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:07 pm

vic wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:56 pm
I have a diagnosis - extramedullary plasmacytoma. Of all the possibilities, this sounds like one of the most treatable. I start chemotherapy Friday. Since the chemo will suppress the immune system, I also will be taking an antiviral, and have to avoid crowds. So there is at least one benefit to already being a solitary introvert.
:grouphug:

Good luck.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:42 pm

Dang it, vic, you get better soon, you hear me? GET WELL, MY FRIEND. :bighug: :bighug:

vic

Post by vic » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:48 pm

Foggy wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:42 pm
Dang it, vic, you get better soon, you hear me? GET WELL, MY FRIEND. :bighug: :bighug:
I'll try my best. But you better not have any west coast meet-ups while I have to avoid crowds!

tek

Post by tek » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:57 pm

vic wrote:
You need to make sure you have an antiviral filter on your internet connection. I'm sure Alex Jones can hook you up.

:blink:

A truckload of bricks

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:52 pm

AndyinPA wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:07 pm
vic wrote:
:grouphug:

Good luck.
:thumbs: :bighug:

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:55 pm

Sending you get better vibes from Arky land. :bighug:

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Return to “The Lounge”