Hijack this thread

TollandRCR

Hijack this thread

Post by TollandRCR »

Mike Ritze had erected on the grounds of the state capitol in Oklahoma a stone tablet that was scanned from the tablet on the grounds at the Texas state capitol. Sekrit Stuffs!
OCR sometimes gets things a little bit wrong. The Ritze Commandments instruct followers toRemember the Sabbeth day, to keep it holy.Also,Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's ... maidseruant.No one was tasked to proofread the text. Perhaps no one could be found who could do so.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut
Patagoniagirl

Hijack this thread

Post by Patagoniagirl »

>> "It all makes sense now. Gay marriage legalized on the same day as marijuana makes perfect biblical sense. Leviticus 20:13: 'A man who lies with another man should be stoned.' Our interpretation has just been wrong all these years."Stolen from a post by a friend on another forum.
ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Hijack this thread

Post by ZekeB »

>> "It all makes sense now. Gay marriage legalized on the same day as marijuana makes perfect biblical sense. Leviticus 20:13: 'A man who lies with another man should be stoned.' Our interpretation has just been wrong all these years."Stolen from a post by a friend on another forum.Those Commandments aren't the same as the Commmandments I was taught. I want MY set of Commandments.Of note: Nowhere in the Jewish 613 Commandments does it forbid a woman from laying with another woman. Discrimination much?I study other religions just enough to be dangerous.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
A Legal Lohengrin

Hijack this thread

Post by A Legal Lohengrin »

>> "It all makes sense now. Gay marriage legalized on the same day as marijuana makes perfect biblical sense. Leviticus 20:13: 'A man who lies with another man should be stoned.' Our interpretation has just been wrong all these years."Stolen from a post by a friend on another forum.I believe George Takei originated this concept, although he may also have been ripping someone off.George Takei ‏@GeorgeTakeiMarriage equality AND marijuana laws passed? Now we know what Leviticus really meant by "A man who layeth with another man must be stoned."
Plutodog

Hijack this thread

Post by Plutodog »

Now it's time for alla you to get behind the Ducks! and breath bad luck air allover The Cardinal!
The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.
esseff44

Hijack this thread

Post by esseff44 »

That looks like an image engraved on that memorial. Isn't that forbidden by #2? :-?
borealis

Hijack this thread

Post by borealis »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
LM K

Hijack this thread

Post by LM K »

So, I am 15 pages behind in this thread. I apologize for everthing I missed! I'll post and then I have a new starting point!My mama had to have colon surgery on Wed. While surgery is not pleasant, her quality of life has been so poor this past year; she had to retire a year earlier than she wanted because she was just too ill to keep working. Thankfully, the surgery went really well, and the doctor said that once he was able to look at her colon up close and personal, he saw how badly she needed the surgery and said that it was very good that mama had the surgery now and not later. That was a relief and gives hope for a very good outcome. All looks good for her recovery. Mama is still in the hospital; who thought anyone would pray for gas! :shock: Alas, until gas arrives, mama has to stay in the hospital. Hopefully the necessary goal is achieved tonight. {SMILIES_PATH}/pray.gif I have never heard her when she is completely and utterly stoned. The morphine is making her hilarious! =)) It is also leaving her much less inhibited, so she shares more of her thoughts than usual. She is mostly keeping herself in check with the nurses, but she has moments where she just doesn't understand why they don't think what she is thinking and why they can't read her mind! They are doing a great job with her; she said she's being "a good girl scout". Of course, I have never heard her use that phrase before. :lol: My poor dad; as loopy as mom is, she is in no mood for his quirks, which is again, quite hilarious to hear about. (Then again, I'm 900 miles away!) Dad's being a good sport about it, which is very good.Phone calls with Mama are interesting. We talk for 3 mins and then she has to do this, or that or she drops the phone or she kinda fall asleep for 5 seconds. But damn it, she is going to talk, even if we have to call each other back every 3-5 mins. But, in her very drugged state, phone calls are very fun.So, let's all pray that the fart fairy visits mama tonight! :-
"The jungle is no place for a cello."
Take the Money and Run
Plutodog

Hijack this thread

Post by Plutodog »

Well, I'll do my best to keep a fart thought for your mama, LM K! :lol: 8>
Princess foofypants

Hijack this thread

Post by Princess foofypants »

I'm going to be in a fashion [link]show,http://www.facebook.com/TheClothingMarket[/link] today! Yes, frumpy, dumpy me!Maral is a designer (M by M Kalan at Neiman Marcus, Macy's and other department stores) whose clothes are all made in Los Angeles. She has a boutique here for more casual stuff. Nothing is over $35. I lived in her stuff last summer. So comfortable and she really knows women's bodies. She asked some of her customers to help her out for her anniversary/fundraiser/celebration.I'm modeling two outfits. If pics exist tomorrow, I'll post them. Of the outfits, of course...Oh how fun! I bet you had a blast!
Princess foofypants

Hijack this thread

Post by Princess foofypants »

Hope your mama gets her far fairy visit LMK! I've had colon surgery myself and its a pain in the butt...literally.
kate520

Hijack this thread

Post by kate520 »

LM K, when I had abdominal surgery decades ago, my doctor told me about a shoulder pain associated with return of the farts. It's a sharp pain and no one ever thinks that it has to do with the belly, but she said to expect it, and it came. I would have been frightened if she hadn't explained it to me, it was that intense.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY
Suranis

Hijack this thread

Post by Suranis »

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
Sugar Magnolia

Hijack this thread

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

I'm going to be in a fashion [link]show,http://www.facebook.com/TheClothingMarket[/link] today! Yes, frumpy, dumpy me!Maral is a designer (M by M Kalan at Neiman Marcus, Macy's and other department stores) whose clothes are all made in Los Angeles. She has a boutique here for more casual stuff. Nothing is over $35. I lived in her stuff last summer. So comfortable and she really knows women's bodies. She asked some of her customers to help her out for her anniversary/fundraiser/celebration.I'm modeling two outfits. If pics exist tomorrow, I'll post them. Of the outfits, of course...I love the black and grey shibori dyed tank dress! She needs more pics on her clothes on her facebook page!
LM K

Hijack this thread

Post by LM K »

Thanks gang. Kate and Maru, thanks for the info. I'll let Mama know about shoulder pain; now we know not to freak out thinking she's having a heart attack if she gets shoulder pain!Alas, the fart fairy did not appear last night! :(( :(( I haven't been able to talk to mama yet, but will in about an hour. The poor thing!
Take the Money and Run
Whatever4

Hijack this thread

Post by Whatever4 »

Alas, the fart fairy did not appear last night!She certainly was active in the plane from Atlanta to Belize. VERY active.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)
Plutodog

Hijack this thread

Post by Plutodog »

Alas, the fart fairy did not appear last night!She certainly was active in the plane from Atlanta to Belize. VERY active. [-X [-X [-X [-X http://theshakereview.com/wp-contentsrc ... eology.jpg
LM K

Hijack this thread

Post by LM K »

W4!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

The Fart Fairy made an appearance this afternoon; Mama is heading home tomorrow morning! In addition, she was prescribed a different opiate so she can use her noodle a bit better. That was wise ... Dad's hands won't be quite as full once she is home and he is taking care of her. :dontwanttolook:

All seems good. :-bd
Take the Money and Run
MsDaisy

Hijack this thread

Post by MsDaisy »

Okay, MrDaisy and I are just home from the Verizon store with our new IPhone 5s. (First IPhone for both of us) No friggin clue how to use all the gadgets! MrDaisy found (somewhere) where he can speak to the phone and it's transcribed his voice to a note. He was tickled with that! :lol: Bells & whistles up the wazoo! :shock: It's a lot like the IPad, but I haven't figured that out yet either! :lol:
Birfers are toast
listeme

Hijack this thread

Post by listeme »

Since I don't know where the ORCA stuff goes now, I'll put this here:Daily Kos is a reality based community. As such, I have a zero-tolerance policy for conspiracy theories.So, for example, if you believe that Karl Rove was set to use a GOTV app called Orca to steal Ohio, because some random shlub on the interent claimed so (even though Orca was a Romney campaign boondoggle, and Rove ran a whole separate boondoggle Super PAC called Crossroads), then either 1) shut the fuck up about it, or 2) go spread that nonsense somewhere else.[/break1]dailykos.com/story/2012/11/19/1163158/-Fraudsters-take-your-shit-elsewhere]http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/1 ... -elsewhere
We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.
verbalobe

Hijack this thread

Post by verbalobe »

Since I don't know where the ORCA stuff goes now, I'll put this here:Daily Kos is a reality based community. As such, I have a zero-tolerance policy for conspiracy theories.So, for example, if you believe that Karl Rove was set to use a GOTV app called Orca to steal Ohio, because some random shlub on the interent claimed so (even though Orca was a Romney campaign boondoggle, and Rove ran a whole separate boondoggle Super PAC called Crossroads), then either 1) shut the fuck up about it, or 2) go spread that nonsense somewhere else.[/break1]dailykos.com/story/2012/11/19/1163158/-Fraudsters-take-your-shit-elsewhere]http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/1 ... -elsewhereBut anonimus r heeeeeeeroes!Zot.
esseff44

Hijack this thread

Post by esseff44 »

Well, there goes the neighborhood. My supervisor had introduced a very controversial measure banning public nudity because a band of not very attractive :dontwanttolook: nudists were scaring and scarring the children. They would probably scare the horses, too, if any came around. It passed this afternoon but a lawsuit has already been filed. Just don't go thinking the pendulum is swinging too far back because he also introduced legislation for the city to pay for gender reassignment surgery and associated procedures under our city funded tax plan for those who are not insured.[/break1]huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/20/san-francisco-bans-public-nudity_n_2165847.html]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/2 ... 65847.htmlETA:http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier-ro ... 3770019Yep, my supervisor's name who sponsored the legislation is named Wiener.
Foggy

Hijack this thread

Post by Foggy »

Buckle up, peeps, this ride is gonna get BUMPY. :shock:
brommbaer

Hijack this thread

Post by brommbaer »

... because a band of not very attractive :dontwanttolook: nudists were scaring and scarring the children.Ah! That explains it. I mean who could be bothered by attractive nudists?
GreatGrey

Hijack this thread

Post by GreatGrey »

I've mentioned this before, but I've noticed a correlation between when I have long flights that there is a corresponding increase in birfer events. Today/yesterday it happened again, I flew from Los Angeles to Seoul, just over 12 hours and you guys had tons of fun with the Poopies, Indiana, and Mississippi threads.

Our route took us north to Alaska, then west over Siberia, North Korea, and down to Seoul.

And wouldn't ya know it, there was this post in the Indiana thread:

What?? Are the Soviets rearing their heads again??Well not to worry ducktape, cuz the FAA has taken care of the problem. Right out there after Bethel and before you hit the Russian border, there's an FAA intersection/waypoint named "PALIN", yep, she's keeping an eye on them.

Fortunately, The Boss has her covered, cuz just before you get to PALIN, you pass over NEONN, aka J. Johnson, so we've got an eye on her.

Untitled.jpg

And just for the record, I'm gonna write to the FAA about this. I have severe problems with naming anything after a living politician.
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Return to “The Lounge”