Hijack this thread

Sunrise

Re: Hijack this thread

Post by Sunrise »

kate520 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:34 pm
Has anyone heard from Dolly? She has not visited since mid-March. I am concerned.
Just saw this. I PMd Dolly a long time ago ‘cause she used to post almost daily and she hadn’t for a while. She wrote back that she had become overwhelmed with all the crap that was going on (I assume she meant politically) and needed to take a break and refocus her energies. I hope she’s well and staying safe.
M A C A Making America Care Again :daydream:

kate520

Post by kate520 »

Thanks, sunrise. I seem to remember another spell when she needed to regroup. Probably oh, about 3.5 years ago. 8-) I could be misremembering the time period, tho. I didn’t spend much time online, myself. I was in shock.

Don’t we all need to step away, from time to time. These are interesting times we live in. :roll:

Hugs to dolly. May she find respite.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Foggy wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:06 am
I dreamed I was singing the words of Back In The USSR to the tune of Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da.

I didn't even know that could match up. My brain is WAY TOO WEIRD for me! :dazed:
Next dream, you can sing Amazing Grace to the tune of Gilligan's Island.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Addie

Post by Addie »

What about TRL, Sunrise? Do you have any news about her? Thank you for posting about Dolly. I miss them both.
Sunrise wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:54 am
kate520 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:34 pm
Has anyone heard from Dolly? She has not visited since mid-March. I am concerned.
Just saw this. I PMd Dolly a long time ago ‘cause she used to post almost daily and she hadn’t for a while. She wrote back that she had become overwhelmed with all the crap that was going on (I assume she meant politically) and needed to take a break and refocus her energies. I hope she’s well and staying safe.
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

I have TRL's phone number. But it's still early Sunday morning. I'll try her later. :daydream:
For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

MsDaisy wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:30 pm
Just cuz...
:bighug:
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Addie

Post by Addie »

:bighug:
Foggy wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:08 am
I have TRL's phone number. But it's still early Sunday morning. I'll try her later. :daydream:
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

TRL was in the middle of something, but she's going to call back, maybe mañana. :thumbs:
For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Addie

Post by Addie »

ty, Fogs :bighug:

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Oh woah. No. :shock:

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Every time the weather shifts my sinuses are a bit annoying. It is more so in the spring (yes, probably some sort of minor allergy). So, if I am going to have sinus issues anyway, I might as well take the leave blower and blow the leaves (and a bunch dust and dirt) off of the artificial grass on my back porch.

At least I remembered to wear a mask this time.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

Happy Memorial Day everyone. I was thinking about my dad who gave 32 years of his life to military service and fought in 3 wars. He died in 1986 and is buried at Arlington National, and even though that’s only about 50 miles away for me I’ve only ever been back once since his funeral, and that was to take my sister’s ashes to join him in 2003.

I’ll never forget the day of his funeral and I’m still not sure how I survived it, but the sky was blue and the sun was shining and I remember just staring at the sun reflecting off the buttons on the military uniforms as they played echo taps in the distance. I still can’t listen to that and not cry, but I listen anyway every Memorial Day.

Birfers are toast

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Yes, Happy,Memorial Day, especially to our veterans.

TRL has been on a break, part pandemic and part fibro, but she'll be rejoining us soon. And she'll probably be in the next Virtual Meetup a week from tomorrow. :thumbs:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Oopsy. I forgot to mention yesterday that you only have seven shopping months left. I hope that doesn't leave you in a bind stressing. Apologizes if it did.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I haven't seen MikeDunford around here for quite some time. Is he hard working on publishing his Bible On International Intellectual Property or is he getting his final exams on his next academic title completed?

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

He's working on his doctorate and fighting the good fight on Law Twitter where he is widely respected by thoughtful people and currently under amusing attack from morons because Mike supports wearing a mask.
Image Image Image Image Image

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

H/T :thumbs:

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Estiveo wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:59 pm
He's working on his doctorate and fighting the good fight on Law Twitter where he is widely respected by thoughtful people and currently under amusing attack from morons because Mike supports wearing a mask.
Yeah, and a new case appeared that may cause him to rewrite whole sections. Let’s just say don’t go looking into the fanfic Omegaverse if you have delicate sensibilities.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/23/busi ... right.html
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

https://mymodernmet.com/comic-artist-il ... l-VsZ5NW24
Using research from Ethnologue, Minna Sundberg created this amazing infographic in the form of a magnificent tree, which illustrates the ancient linguistic links between the world’s languages. Trees and branches are often used by linguists as a visual metaphor to explain language origination. This tree model explains the connections between groups of languages, which all descend from a common ancestral proto-language.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

In my air-conditioned apartment my head is sweating profusely. My nose is starting to run more and more. Oh no, I have the illness.
:panic:

Oh wait, maybe it's the yummy curry fried rice.

Never mind.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

I drove up to Militiagan to retrieve an example of one of the first commercially-made table saws:

Tidey saw red.jpeg
On the interstate I drove under-- no kidding-- Fangboner Road.

Oddly, it wasn't in Wood County, just ten miles north of there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Beautiful machine. :lovestruck:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

NASA
@NASA
·
2m
"We are not going to launch today."

Due to the weather conditions, the launch is scrubbing. Our next opportunity will be Saturday, May 30 at 3:22pm ET. Live #LaunchAmerica coverage will begin at 11am ET.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Volkonski wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:24 pm
NASA
@NASA
·
2m
"We are not going to launch today."

Due to the weather conditions, the launch is scrubbing. Our next opportunity will be Saturday, May 30 at 3:22pm ET. Live #LaunchAmerica coverage will begin at 11am ET.
Yeah, bummer. I was out and cut my trip short to get home in time only to find it scrubbed. :crying:

ETA:
Monica Alba@albamonica
After disappointing news launch was scrubbed due to weather, appears President Trump’s planned remarks at Kennedy Space Center were also scrapped and he’s already at the airport to head back to Washington, per pooler
@KellyO
So there's that.

Return to “The Lounge”