Hijack this thread

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Re: Hijack this thread

Post by Flatpointhigh » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:20 pm

I now have a teespring.com store. I'd like some feedback besides needs more merch.
https://teespring.com/stores/the-upright-woman

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:42 am

dc185d.jpg
This morning we get to see if the USA Women's Soccer (Futbol) team can keep the title. 11am EST. In France at the Parc Olympique Lyonnais stadium. And they are not going to the F'in White House for cold Big Macs and fries.

https://www.google.com/search?q=usa+wom ... lk;dt;fp;1;;

It's on your local Fox (broadcast, not cable) network.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:14 pm

Congratulations to the winning team :flag: :happyfamily: :bunny: :cheer1: :cheer:

Had to share, I had Fox News on (don't ask me why), and they had a reporter stationed at a local pub with the happy fans. Usual stuff until right behind him came talk of vote 2020 and democrats and let's get that racist out of office. I hope that clip goes viral.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:19 pm

:like:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:41 pm

Megan Rapinoe won both the Golden Boot and the Golden Ball.

Alex Morgan won the Silver Boot.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:50 pm

Barack Obama

Verified account

@BarackObama
Follow Follow @BarackObama
More
Yes! Fourth star. Back to back. Congrats to the record breakers on the @USWNT, an incredible team that’s always pushing themselves—and the rest of us—to be even better. Love this team. #OneNationOneTeam

12:20 PM - 7 Jul 2019
Mayor Bill de Blasio

Verified account

@NYCMayor
Follow Follow @NYCMayor
More
YES YES YES YES!

To our 2019 World Cup Champion @USWNT: you have inspired the entire country — and New York City knows how to celebrate champions. We’ll see you Wednesday at 9:30 AM for the Ticker Tape Parade down the Canyon of Heroes. #OneNationOneTeam
Nancy Pelosi

Verified account

@SpeakerPelosi
46m46 minutes ago
More
Congrats Team USA 🇺🇸 #WorldCup2019 Champions!

The Women’s National Team showed us their greatness - now show them the money. #fairpay

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:07 pm

Sports bar patrons ruin Fox News segment by loudly chanting ‘F*ck Trump’ after US wins World Cup

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/sports ... world-cup/
As correspondent Greg Palkot began his report, the establishment’s bartender prompted a chorus of chants.

“Fuck Trump!” the bartender shouted.

“Fuck Trump!” the bar began to yell in unison.
Video clip at the link.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:26 pm

That's it, thanks V.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:36 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:41 pm
Megan Rapinoe won both the Golden Boot and the Golden Ball.

Alex Morgan won the Silver Boot.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:49 am

No - it was not a meteor that hit him
Bike crash kills South African man set to be first 'Afronaut'
Mandla Maseko, a DJ who won the chance to be the first black African in space, has died in a motorbike accident

Agence France-Presse

Mon 8 Jul 2019 07.05 BST First published on Mon 8 Jul 2019 04.39 BST

A South African man who won the chance to be the first black African in space has died in a motorbike crash before turning his dream into reality.

Mandla Maseko, a part-time DJ and candidate officer with the South African air force, was nicknamed “Afronaut” after landing a coveted seat to fly 103km (64 miles) into space in 2013 in a competition organised by a US-based space academy.

He died in a motorcycle accident on Saturday, according to a family statement cited by local media on Sunday.

The 30-year-old had beaten a million other entrants from 75 countries to be selected as one of 23 people who would travel on an hour-long sub-orbital trip on the Lynx Mark II spaceship.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:53 am

But:
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia wrote:XCOR Lynx

The XCOR Lynx was a proposed suborbital horizontal-takeoff, horizontal-landing (HTHL), rocket-powered spaceplane that was under development by the California-based company XCOR Aerospace to compete in the emerging suborbital spaceflight market. The Lynx was intended to carry one pilot, a ticketed passenger, and/or a payload above 100 km altitude. The concept was under development since 2003, when a two-person suborbital spaceplane was announced under the name Xerus.

In January 2016, XCOR changed plans for the first flight of the Lynx spaceplane. It was initially planned for the second quarter of 2016 from the Midland spaceport in Texas,[1] but in early 2016 it was pushed to an "undisclosed and tentative" date at the Mojave spaceport.[2]

In May 2016,[3] XCOR announced development of the Lynx had been halted with layoffs of approximately one-third of the staff; the company intends to concentrate on development of their liquid hydrogen rocket under contract with United Launch Alliance, instead.[4]

Following the bankruptcy of XCOR Aerospace in 2017, the assets of the company were sold to the nonprofit organization Build A Plane, which will focus on education rather than suborbital flight.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XCOR_Lynx

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:23 pm

Co-sign!
elaine corden@elainecorden

As I’ve aged, I’m eternally grateful that I’ve gotten fatter instead of more politically conservative.
I've heard this bull before.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:55 pm

I am having the entirety of my small acreage re-fenced. Yesterday commenced the tear down of the old fencing, and it continued today. It's not very comforting knowing that the only thing keeping my seven horses from heading down the road is their belief that my hot wire fencing is the same as solid wood board fencing.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:08 pm

Azastan wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:55 pm
I am having the entirety of my small acreage re-fenced. Yesterday commenced the tear down of the old fencing, and it continued today. It's not very comforting knowing that the only thing keeping my seven horses from heading down the road is their belief that my hot wire fencing is the same as solid wood board fencing.
I always say that if dogs were meant to be pets, you wouldn't need to collar, leash and fence them in. ;)

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:48 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:08 pm
Azastan wrote:
I always say that if dogs were meant to be pets, you wouldn't need to collar, leash and fence them in. ;)
Hahaha, there's nothing quite like looking out the window and thinking 'Nice to see Fajr grazing out there even in the rain', doing a double take and having to sprint outside in the pouring rain to put said horse back in the paddock after realizing that I forgot to put back up the gate wires after moving everyone around. Sigh...horses are a bit easier than dogs, though, since one horse will usually not desert his buddies if he gets loose.

Dogs, on the other hand, just run and run and run and run.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:45 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Care to come over and pick up the feral cats that roam my neighborhood? A good share are first generation feral.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

HeatherGray

Post by HeatherGray » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:07 am

Azastan wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:48 pm
pipistrelle wrote:
Azastan wrote:
Hahaha, there's nothing quite like looking out the window and thinking 'Nice to see Fajr grazing out there even in the rain', doing a double take and having to sprint outside in the pouring rain to put said horse back in the paddock after realizing that I forgot to put back up the gate wires after moving everyone around. Sigh...horses are a bit easier than dogs, though, since one horse will usually not desert his buddies if he gets loose.

In our old neighborhood, one never became too exasperated at seeing other people's horses straying since someday it might be one's own horses that slipped through an insecurely fastened gate. There were several times I lured strange horses into my unused pasture, and then went into the house and start calling to see who they belonged to. Paint's, grays, and appys are pretty easy to identify, but bays and sorrels not so much.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:50 am

Azastan wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:48 pm
pipistrelle wrote:
Azastan wrote:

Don't get a husky or the like. Buy a shepard and you will wonder how many different critters living in your neighbourhood suddenly are having a happy hour on your lawn :-D

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:02 am

RTH10260 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:50 am
Don't get a husky or the like. Buy a shepard and you will wonder how many different critters living in your neighbourhood suddenly are having a happy hour on your lawn :-D
Nothing is as delightful as having a cat tromping around on your dining table or kitchen counters after it buries its mess in the litter with its paws. I don't care how "absorbent" the litter is, you can tell when there's a cat in the house the moment you walk into the house.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:15 am

ZekeB wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:45 am
pipistrelle wrote:
Care to come over and pick up the feral cats that roam my neighborhood? A good share are first generation feral.
If you and others recall, I lean more as a cat person (because they don't require as much maintenance as dogs). Back 8-9 years ago, we had a major issue with feral cats in one of our communities. Most people didn't complain and many, in fact, would keep bowls of food and fresh water outside their homes. Cats are kind of perfect to have around on patrol because you're not going to have a problem with other critters. (rodents, snakes, etc)

But, while I advocated trap, immunize, neuter or spay, and release back, a vocal minority wanted them gone. We paid a trapper to remove them (they got 35!). I was told they were relocated and released into a 'feral community' elsewhere in the state. I'm not sure I believe that.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:44 am

RTH10260 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:50 am

The previous owner of the property next door had huskies. She was very, very careful with them. She hadn't had a vacation in years because she didn't trust anyone to properly close the gates and doors. She was excited when I moved in because she knew I always made sure the gates and doors were latched and locked.

I'm not actually sure that I left the wire down yesterday. Because it's currently hot wire only, no permanent fencing, there's three wire for the gates. The lowest one was on the ground. It's entirely possible that Fajr just knocked it off and went underneath. The Arabians are smart little critters. They know that they can get under the fence if the lowest one isn't secure.
HeatherGray wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:07 am

In our old neighborhood, one never became too exasperated at seeing other people's horses straying since someday it might be one's own horses that slipped through an insecurely fastened gate. There were several times I lured strange horses into my unused pasture, and then went into the house and start calling to see who they belonged to. Paint's, grays, and appys are pretty easy to identify, but bays and sorrels not so much.
My front gate is usually open during the day for this very reason. Loose horses will turn themselves into the front pasture because they can see/smell my horses at the barn.

I have five grays and I am the only one who can identify them all out in the pasture!

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:16 am

ZekeB wrote:
pipistrelle wrote:
I have the unmarketable skill of taming feral cats. My other one is untying knotted jewelry and thread.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: African-American Naomi Anderson was a leader in the suffrage movement in the west, a published poet, barber, community activist, and teacher.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:51 pm

Michael Carusi@MichaelCarusi

The three stages of career development:
1. I can't wait until I'm important enough to be included in meetings.
2. I feel so important being in these meetings!
3. I will do anything legal and several illegal things to avoid these meetings.
I've heard this bull before.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:43 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:16 am
ZekeB wrote:
pipistrelle wrote:
I have the unmarketable skill of taming feral cats. My other one is untying knotted jewelry and thread.
I also excel at untying string. But I have no skill with feral cats. I could have used you when a feral mama cat and four kittens moved in under my cabin two years ago. Oh, the horror.
:crybaby:
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

kate520

Post by kate520 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:38 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:16 am
ZekeB wrote:
pipistrelle wrote:
We can sit together at the meetup and unknot chains, talk about taming ferals. I discovered my chain superpower as a kid. It’s so relaxing.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Return to “The Lounge”