Estiveo

Re: Hijack this thread

Post by Estiveo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:58 pm

'Zacktly.
Image Image Image Image Image

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:27 pm

This short thread from @TheBloggess is pure comedy gold.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:44 pm

Alternatively, you could wear the most beautiful silk boxers your heart has ever desired - silk, satin, dark glorious colors, gorgeous patterns like Jerry Garcia’s ties, tuck the t-shirt in and let ‘er slide. You might start a trend.

:rotflmao: the Blogess!
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

tek

Post by tek » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:39 pm

we are SO FAR into TMI territory here..
There's no way back
from there to here

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:47 pm

nu-cu-lear meltdown :?:

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:08 pm

kate520 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:44 pm
Alternatively, you could wear the most beautiful silk boxers your heart has ever desired - silk, satin, dark glorious colors, gorgeous patterns like Jerry Garcia’s ties, tuck the t-shirt in and let ‘er slide. You might start a trend.
No. NO. NO!!! Nonononononono!!!
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:22 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:08 pm
kate520 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:44 pm
No. NO. NO!!! Nonononononono!!!
The trend is trending trendily.
saggyguys.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:26 pm

:fingerwag: :nope: :sick:
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:27 pm

:mrgreen:

kate520

Post by kate520 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:21 pm

:cantlook:
Somehow I imagined it totally differently. :sick:

Maybenaut, we b pre-regged. You?
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:16 pm

kate520 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:21 pm

Not yet... doing it tomorrow.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:28 pm

kate520 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:21 pm

Yes! Decided not to wait. Another micro-meetup at the Swannanoa Gathering!

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:50 pm

NMgirl wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:39 am
The obvious solution to the underwear-showing conundrum is to ... not wear underwear.
You sound like a fun date. :lol:
Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:50 am

T F B ?

T F B ?

T F B

Dang, it's not just us :lol:

But also The Firearms Blog

stumbled upon https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/ when seeing a YT video clip on bad TSA behaviour.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:51 pm

Maxine Bernstein

Verified account

@maxoregonian
17m17 minutes ago
More Maxine Bernstein Retweeted Maxine Bernstein
Jury just returned guilty verdicts on all 9 counts of sexually exploiting a minor against Andrew Kowalczyk after deliberating for 15 minutes, if that Long. “I’m happy it’s over,”” said the oldest of the 3 victims who testified. She’s 22 now, was 8 at the time. (Story to come)
Andrew Kowalczyk came up a few years ago on the Bundy Oregon Trial thread. Matthew Schindler was Kowalczyk's lawyer for about 10 months before he couldn't stand it anymore.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:42 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:51 pm
Maxine Bernstein

Verified account

@maxoregonian
17m17 minutes ago
More Maxine Bernstein Retweeted Maxine Bernstein
Jury just returned guilty verdicts on all 9 counts of sexually exploiting a minor against Andrew Kowalczyk after deliberating for 15 minutes, if that Long. “I’m happy it’s over,”” said the oldest of the 3 victims who testified. She’s 22 now, was 8 at the time. (Story to come)
Andrew Kowalczyk came up a few years ago on the Bundy Oregon Trial thread. Matthew Schindler was Kowalczyk's lawyer for about 10 months before he couldn't stand it anymore.
I really wanna know what the sentencing guidelines are for this charge, because he didn't just "exploit" three children - he repeatedly raped and sodomized two two-year-olds and an eight-year-old and filmed himself doing it. They found hundreds of images and videos he'd taken. I assume they didn't press more charges because he was careful to not show his face in the images, but anything less than a life sentence will be reprehensibly short, imo.
I've heard this bull before.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:51 pm

KK starts trying to get him out of prison in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:36 pm

Dorothy forgot her lines, the Cowardly Lion looked more like a bear and the magical land of Oz was displayed on a laptop projector.

A subpar performance of "The Wiz" put on by a concert promotion agency this past weekend at the Brown Theatre has caused dozens of Louisville customers to call and demand refunds, according to an employee at the Kentucky Center For the Performing Arts.

Helen Barnett, who spent $65 for seats, said she was a fan of "The Wiz" because of its all-black cast. But she described the show as "janky."

"It was terrible," Barnett said. "Dorothy was wearing a Walmart dress. They forgot their dialogues ... at one point Dorothy said she wanted to go back to Texas!" (In "The Wiz," Dorothy is from Harlem while Dorothy in "The Wizard of Oz" is from Kansas.)

Tasha McGhee, who went to the 7 p.m. show, said the actor playing the Cowardly Lion didn't have a tail or a mane on his costume. He was missing one of his paws and was wearing one black sock instead.

"He didn't look like a lion," McGhee said. "He looked like a dumb sasquatch!"

It went downhill from there. McGhee said there were several times the cast and crew set the wrong scene and needed to turn off the lights to reset it.

"It was really sloppy," Tasha McGhee said. "The backdrop was a projected image of a cornfield and a barn. But then laptop notifications kept popping up on screen. They were projecting it off of someone's computer."
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/e ... rQC4WN-8dk

I'd pay good money to see this rendition -- if audience participation was allowed.
I've heard this bull before.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:33 pm

So we have a situation here...a woman who is like a second mother to me is in the hospital. Her son, who lives with her, found her unresponsive on the floor Wed night and she was admitted to the ICU. The doctors didn't know much yesterday to tell him about her condition, and then last night the son was admitted to the cardiac ICU and is sedated and on a vent. He has 2 brothers but they cut off all contact with the family 20 years ago and nobody even knows where they live now. No other family or relatives. The son's girlfriend has been taking care of both the mother and son for about 6 years now but has no legal connection to them other than being named in the mother's will. The doctors won't give her any information on the mother (she can get info for the son) and they have since moved the mom from the ICU to another unit but we don't know which one.

We're scared to death the mom is going to die and nobody will know it because they can't talk to anyone but the son. Neither the mom nor the son are in any condition to sign anything and it may take up to a week to get an attorney and go before a judge to get a POA for either one of them, if she can even get it. We don't have any confidence she'll live that long.

Any ideas?

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:07 pm

I used to work in a very small hospital. We would sometimes bend the rules. Larger hospitals aren't able to do that as much. But I would say her best bet would be to have a private meeting with the head nurse and explain the situation and see if there's anything they can do. This will probably not mean direct updates but could mean an arrangement that the funeral home contacts the son's partner when they are called to pick up the woman. Or it might mean 'stand next to the vending machine at 2 PM when I'll give an update to another nurse and you might overhear something you aren't meant to hear.' There are rules, but there are also people enforcing them, and people tend to want to help and find ways around the rules.

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:10 pm

I am very sorry for your impending loss Sugar.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:14 pm

maydijo wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:07 pm
I used to work in a very small hospital. We would sometimes bend the rules. Larger hospitals aren't able to do that as much. But I would say her best bet would be to have a private meeting with the head nurse and explain the situation and see if there's anything they can do. This will probably not mean direct updates but could mean an arrangement that the funeral home contacts the son's partner when they are called to pick up the woman. Or it might mean 'stand next to the vending machine at 2 PM when I'll give an update to another nurse and you might overhear something you aren't meant to hear.' There are rules, but there are also people enforcing them, and people tend to want to help and find ways around the rules.
She's already met with an administrator and a social worker. So far, no love. It's a large teaching hospital and they are incredibly dis-inclined to bend the rules even a little bit. I see a doctor in the same complex and even when they call me to tell me when my appointments are or I call to talk to a nurse, they ask for birth date and last 4 of my social before they even tell me when the appointment is or transfer me to the nurse. We're hoping the social worker can make some headway, but most everyone with any authority to do anything is off on the weekend. I like the 2am vending machine suggestion though. Now if we can just figure out which vending machine on which floor in which building and what wing......

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:16 pm

maydijo wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:10 pm
I am very sorry for your impending loss Sugar.
Thank you. We're hoping that isn't the immediate outcome, but with no real info all we have to go on is how she looked when he found her on the floor. She may be sitting up eating jello right now for all we know.

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:32 pm

Every hospital social worker I've met will go out of their way to find a way to help in situations like this. I'm sure the social worker will come through. It is easier in smaller hospitals because, in the little town where I worked, everyone knew everyone, and there is less security/privacy around staff areas. So if we knew Ms Smith was the de facto daughter in law of Ms Jones, even if we couldn't legally pass on the information, we could indicate that she should hang around the nursing station and then call over another nurse to discuss the patient in room 3.

Here's hoping your friend is giving them hell because she wanted the green jello, not the red jello.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:59 pm

maydijo wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:32 pm
Every hospital social worker I've met will go out of their way to find a way to help in situations like this. I'm sure the social worker will come through. It is easier in smaller hospitals because, in the little town where I worked, everyone knew everyone, and there is less security/privacy around staff areas. So if we knew Ms Smith was the de facto daughter in law of Ms Jones, even if we couldn't legally pass on the information, we could indicate that she should hang around the nursing station and then call over another nurse to discuss the patient in room 3.

Here's hoping your friend is giving them hell because she wanted the green jello, not the red jello.
Always the green.

Return to “The Lounge”