Our Big Gay Gossip, Hottie Alert and News/Opinion Lounge (All Are Welcome)

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Re: Our Big Gay Gossip, Hottie Alert and News/Opinion Lounge (All Are Welcome)

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:46 am

boots wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:48 pm
As a heterosexual, y'all are making me feel disenfranchised.
Did the Jenny McCarthy pic help you feel better? :bighug:
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:01 am

We shouldn't forget that Jenny McCarthy is the queen of anti-vaxer cranks and a truly awful person.
Image Image Image Image Image

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:15 am

Estiveo wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:01 am
We shouldn't forget that Jenny McCarthy is the queen of anti-vaxer cranks and a truly awful person.
Thank you. I didn't know that. I was appreciating the art of her tush. Perhaps I have some Michelangelo or Manet in my genes.
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:54 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:34 am
Yes, Jacob Wohl is a hottie, physically only.
Not gonna yuck anyone's yum here, but even if I didn't know that he's a crook & a con man, he'd do nothing for me. Jacob Wohl looks like a frat boy who'd write "straight-acting only" on his hook-up profile. OTOH, the Brazilian and the guy working out with his cat ...
How deep could the Deep State go if the Deep State could go deep?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:05 pm

I have an embarrassing story, which is that I had absolutely no consciousness of any LGBT people in my high school. That is so stupidly ridiculous that it boggles my mind today. My high school had 2,200 students. That means that not only were there LOTS of LGBTs among the students, there also had to be several teachers, just based on the number of teachers overall.

And I distinctly remember having a lengthy conversation with two lesbians in Boston in the summer of 1970, between my junior and senior years, when I hitchhiked up there for a couple weeks during summer vacation. So it isn't like I didn't know what gays and lesbians were. But I don't remember ever having a conversation with any of my high school friends about who was LGBT, and I don't remember that I ever knew that there were any LGBT students, much less teachers.

I was a leftist hippie, an antiwar protester, and sixteen kinds of liberal in high school. How could I possibly spend four whole years in that school without having the slightest idea whether anyone there was gay or lesbian? Was I blind? Was it the drugs? Was it because of my obsession with getting laid? It's like there was this massive hole in my awareness of the world around me, for which I have no explanation. It seems phenomenally weird when I think about it today.

Of course, the day after I graduated, I got in my VW bus and drove to San Francisco to be a hippie for the rest of my life. In The City, I got to meet plenty of gays, including my immediate supervisor at the waterbed factory where I worked for almost a year. To this day, I think he was the best boss I ever had. I tried to look him up years later, but no luck.

And I've had gay and lesbian friends ever since, everywhere I ever lived, and I've lived in 11 states. On a local forum here in Rawly, a lady named me the Homophobe Terminator because I was so offensive to homophobic idiots. But that only makes it seem more weird that I didn't know a single one in high school. I can't explain it and it's difficult to believe.

Next month I'm going up to Pennsylvania to see my cousin Margo. She's my age and went to the same high school the whole time I was there. We were very close in those days - my best friend was her boyfriend, and we spent a lot of time together. I'll have to ask her about what she remembers.
Every locked door has a key. - Emika Chen

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:07 pm

voxpopuluxe wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:54 pm
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:34 am
Yes, Jacob Wohl is a hottie, physically only.
Not gonna yuck anyone's yum here, but even if I didn't know that he's a crook & a con man, he'd do nothing for me. Jacob Wohl looks like a frat boy who'd write "straight-acting only" on his hook-up profile. OTOH, the Brazilian and the guy working out with his cat ...
:lol:

Jcolvin2

Post by Jcolvin2 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:19 pm

Foggy wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:05 pm
I have an embarrassing story, which is that I had absolutely no consciousness of any LGBT people in my high school. That is so stupidly ridiculous that it boggles my mind today. My high school had 2,200 students. That means that not only were there LOTS of LGBTs among the students, there also had to be several teachers, just based on the number of teachers overall.
Ditto for me, and my high school had more than 3,000 students. As it was in Texas (and not in Austin) in the 1977-81 time frame, the price of coming out was probably pretty high.

A few years ago, one of my school friends who had moved to Boston for college (MIT) told me that he had married his partner when gay marriage was legalized in Massachussets. Looking back, it all makes perfect sense (and I am very happy for him that it all ended up well). It could not have been easy for my friend to grow up in that environment. I feel bad that I was oblivious and doing nothing to help ...

Tarrant

Post by Tarrant » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:41 pm

Foggy, I grew up incredibly sheltered despite my lefty tendencies, and I didn’t even know what a gay person was until my senior year of high school. Even then it never crossed my mind that I was one, even though in hindsight of course I was.

My senior year of college I was the head of the committee that chose the USC equivalent of the homecoming court (the Order of the Torch) and the King/Queen from that (Mr. and Ms. USC). We had narrowed the field down to roughly 24 people (12 men/12 women) and did a day of interviews with a bunch of faculty and administration volunteers, and we were discussing. After many hours (I commend the fact that they took it quite seriously) we had chosen 5 women, 4 men, and had it narrowed down to 2 men for the final spot and could not decide. Finally one person said “Let’s just let them both in. There’s no rule it has to be 5/5 or even the same number of men and women. And while Person A’s achievements might be slightly better (in their opinion), Person B is nearly the same and would be representing a group historically underrepresented in this organization. It would be an important milestone.”

And I had to ask “Oh really? What is that?” Only to get blank stares from the entire panel. Again, in hindsight, the guy was *flaming*. Like, unicorn fucking a rainbow flaming. I just never picked up on such things.

We went with that solution, and later that week I got a tear-filled thanks from him after he got his letter telling me how much it meant to him and the community (making me tear up right now remembering it), and a profound thank you from the president of the campus LGBT organization. A happy memory.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:54 pm

I graduated HS in the mid 70s and had heard of gays but the closest contact I had was a recurring stereotypical character on Barney Miller. Then I went to work at Hallmark cards, which was full of artistic people which meant it was full of LGBTQA people. I was like a country girl visiting NYC for the first time. I met my first gay couple at a Hallmark party.

Then I left Hallmark to raise kids and became a costume designer/wardrobe mistress for several local theater groups. I remember the women talking among themselves which guys were gay and which weren't, so we didn't embarrass ourselves flirting.

For contrast, years later, one of my worst bosses was a gay man. My gay friend James (Jim at work, he wasn't openly out) would feed me gossip about him during breaks. James did not like Ken either so I felt comfortable disliking him. I was worried I was fighting a hidden prejudice.
ImageImageImage x4

SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 8 years so far Admin Law Judge for 3 state agencies.

Post by SuzieC » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:16 pm

" [from orlylicious] Those guys worked hard for those chisels, they love showing themselves off even if they pretend they don't And they should, it's amazing some of the results they've achieved. They sound like a really nice couple, maybe you can go to brunch, that's always fun and social. I'm really happy you met them and encourage you to get to know them, they sound really fun.{Orlylicious]

They are really fun! As I said, I just love and adore them. My yoga guy BFF practices yoga with me and we go out to breakfast afterwards. For gifts he gives me facial, reiki, and massage gift cards. We also go to cryotherapy together. We are into wellness therapy. His long time partner does not do any of these things but cheers us along from the background because he is as funny as a stand-up comedian.

SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 8 years so far Admin Law Judge for 3 state agencies.

Post by SuzieC » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:38 pm

SuzieC wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:16 pm
" [from orlylicious] Those guys worked hard for those chisels, they love showing themselves off even if they pretend they don't And they should, it's amazing some of the results they've achieved. They sound like a really nice couple, maybe you can go to brunch, that's always fun and social. I'm really happy you met them and encourage you to get to know them, they sound really fun.{Orlylicious]

They are really fun! As I said, I just love and adore them. My yoga guy BFF practices yoga with me and we go out to breakfast afterwards. For gifts he gives me facials, reiki, and massage gift cards. We also go to cryotherapy together. We are into wellness therapy. His long time partner does not do any of these things but cheers us along from the background because he is as funny as a stand-up comedian.
Orlylicious I am so glad that you started this thread. IT IS SO MUCH FUN AND THE Brazilian guy is so delicious. More, more, more pleaz.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:10 pm

I'm loving this topic too, was just thinking the same!

W4, that Tequila clip is hilarious, gotta remember that for next karaoke night :lol:

Here's how TV handled it in the 70's and 80's, some funny Archie Bunker (aka Donald) clips.

Bea Arthur was incredible, this episode of Maude, "The Gay Bar", was way, way ahead of its time. It's still funny as hell. It's S06E09.

EPISODE INFO
Arthur sets out to close Tuckahoe's new gay bar. Maude: Beatrice Arthur. Bartender: Frank Campanella. Mark Duncan: Macon McCalman. Walter: Bill Macy. Hubie: Larry Gelman. Vivian: Rue McClanahan. Phillip: Kraig Metzinger.
Genre: Comedy
Network: CBS
Air Date: Dec 3, 1977
Directed By: Hal Cooper

Re hot boys, we were all in LOVE with Marky Mark! Remember this? Live version from 1991 (don't worry, his shirt is off by the end):

Marky Calvin.JPG
:towel:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Avatar Photo: Dedicated to Slim by the International Brotherhood of Weasels.
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:11 pm

I don't want to start a whole thing, but...

There's something about this thread that makes me slightly uncomfortable, in an isn't-this-sort-of-objectifying? kinda way.

I'm *not* saying, "Oh my God! This is awful! Shut it down right now!" I'm just saying, I don't know, if we had a thread dedicated to hot women, I think there'd be some objection to that, and I'm finding it hard to tell the difference. Maybe there is a difference. I don't know.

Like everyone else, I love looking at pictures of beautiful people, so it's not that I find any of these pictures offensive (even if Jenny McCarthy is vile).

And we straight folk all have stories of the first time we met gay people/went to a gay bar/had gay friends come out to us or whatever. And sometimes those stories can have a some-of-my-best-friends-are-gay ring to them.

I guess I'm just saying if we're going to have this thread, we should tread carefully.

:grouphug:
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

boots

Post by boots » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:56 am

Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:46 am
boots wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:48 pm
As a heterosexual, y'all are making me feel disenfranchised.
Did the Jenny McCarthy pic help you feel better? :bighug:
Yes, I have made an amazing recovery!

boots

Post by boots » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:58 am

Orlylicious wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:59 pm
Everybody's welcome, we love straight guys and girls too! Jenny McCarthy and I became friends when she was Playmate of the Month, but before Playmate of the Year. She's hilarious funny and grew up in a strict Catholic family. When she was a hit, they put her naked picture on the cash register at the meat shop, I always rolled on the floor when she told that story. When we worked with her, this was a big seller :P

That's better. (For me at least. I was only kidding around though.)

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Yay.
Right Wing Christians Lose Conversion Therapy Battle in New Jersey
NATIONAL John McDonald 04/25/2019 2:07 pm

The United States Supreme Court has denied a petition to review New Jersey’s ban on youth conversion therapy. On April 15, the nation’s high court declined to take up acase challenging New Jersey’s ban on the practice of conversion or reparative therapy on minors. The controversial form of therapy has been prohibited in New Jersey since 2013.

Former Gov. Chris Christie signed the law, pointing to reports from the American Psychological Association that revealed the practice “can pose critical health risks, including, but not limited to, depression, substance abuse, social withdraw, decreased self-esteem and suicidal thoughts.” Conversion therapy is the practice of attempting to change a person’s sexual orientation. Sixteen states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico have banned the practice on minors.

“So-called ‘conversion therapy’ inflicts harm on minors and has been debunked by every mainstream medical and mental health association,” said Equality Florida public policy director Jon Harris Maurer. “We’re proud to support the 20 local bans on conversion therapy enacted around the state.”

The Liberty Counsel, a Christian organization headquartered in Orange County, is challenging bans on conversion therapy in Palm Beach County, Boca Raton and Tampa. The Broward County ban, Harris Maurer said, is not being challenged.

In January, David Matheson, a conversion therapist in Utah, came out as gay. Matheson, a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, said he “can no longer live without an intimate relationship with another man.” Harris Maurer said cases like Matheson’s are “not an uncommon event.”
http://southfloridagaynews.com/National ... ersey.html

:thumbs:
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Tue May 28, 2019 12:29 pm

Hey guys, Just got an email from my buddy Andy Tobias, he was the treasurer of the DNC and wrote the popular Managing Your Money books. I was at the 1st LGBT dinner 20 years ago, hope to get to this one. These events are amazing. It's expensive but people are so determined to dump Donald they are reaching deep and of course Pete is lighting things up (he'll be at the dinner). Here's the invite:
At our first LGBT DNC dinner 20 years ago -- I have SALAD DRESSING older than that -- there were 40 of us at a huge hollow-square table with the President of the United States. It was such a different time, some of our donors insisted on "no name tags" lest they be outed at work.

The State of the Union was coming up and one of us asked the President if he might mention OUR issues when he spoke. A few weeks later, for the first time in the history of the country (and every year since, when a Democrat has been in the White House), he did.

The progress we've made these past 20 years, thanks to so many of you, has been amazing.

To keep it gong -- but more urgently, to save our democracy -- I ask you to step up yet again.

Here’s the link:

https://finance.democrats.org/page/cont ... lgbtq-gala

You don't have to COME. It's about the winning, after all, not the eating. But I'd love it if you could. (Click the link to see some of the folks who'll be there with you.) If you can't come but want to help anyway, use lthis lnk instead.

Either way, I’ll see whatever you do the minute you do it, to say thanks.

THANKS!

Andy
Details:
I’M IN FOR THE DNC’S 20TH ANNUAL LGBTQ GALA!

The Democratic National Committee cordially invites you to the 2019 LGBTQ Gala in New York, NY.

Featuring:
Mayor Pete Buttigieg
Sen. Amy Klobuchar
Congressman David Cicilline
Congresswoman Angie Craig
Congresswoman Sharice Davids
Congresswoman Katie Hill
Congressman Sean Patrick Maloney
Congressman Chris Pappas
Congressman Mark Pocan
Congressman Mark Takano
Rep. Leslie Herod
Rep. Malcolm Kenyatta
City Council Vice President Andrea Jenkins
Karamo Brown
DNC Treasurer Bill Derrough
DNC Secretary Jason Rae

Details & RSVP:
Monday, June 17 | 7:00 PM
Address upon RSVP | New York, NY
Here's the link for gay boys and girls to be part of the team, the LGBT team is rocking it! This is if you can't make the dinner. If you have any questions, PM me, happy to help.
OK, We Won the House. I Want to KEEP Organizing Straight Through to 2020 to Win Everything Else.

https://finance.democrats.org/page/cont ... -corn-2019

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Tue May 28, 2019 1:22 pm

IMHO, without gay folks this world would be so boring as to be almost not worth living in.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

magdalen77

Post by magdalen77 » Tue May 28, 2019 6:38 pm

I did know at least some of the gay guys in high school. I don't know why, maybe because I was a quiet, shy, nerdy band girl and the band gays felt comfortable with me. I even knew where the gay bar in Wilkes-Barre was. Yes, there was a gay bar there starting in the mid to late '70s. I'm still friends with two of those guys today.

SuzieC

Post by SuzieC » Tue May 28, 2019 6:49 pm

Orlylicious that sounds like an amazing event. Please give us a full report.

tek

Post by tek » Tue May 28, 2019 7:04 pm

magdalen77 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:38 pm
I did know at least some of the gay guys in high school. I don't know why, maybe because I was a quiet, shy, nerdy band girl and the band gays felt comfortable with me. I even knew where the gay bar in Wilkes-Barre was. Yes, there was a gay bar there starting in the mid to late '70s. I'm still friends with two of those guys today.
Off Topic
"Send me to Siberia! Send me to Wilkes-Barre! But DON'T send me to Moosylvania!"
There's no way back
from there to here

magdalen77

Post by magdalen77 » Tue May 28, 2019 7:06 pm

Ha, ha! Wilkes-Barre is in Moosylvania.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Tue May 28, 2019 7:25 pm

Woot! This is a two-fer: A Republican holding Donald accountable and... Justin is friggen jacked! He's bigger than I remember. Fun for a night but he probably never shuts up ;) It's still about Aaron Schock as Congresshottie...visually. The MF was voting against us and now lives in West Hollywood. I hope (and bet) they are fu*king him hard. Good.

Look at the body language... Is Justin persuadable?* Give him a bunch of drinks and start talking Federalist Papers and shit 8-)

Hardball is great tonight, lots of buff Justin and Mayor Pete is coming up! Chris Matthews is in South Bend.

* Please remember this topic is meant to be catty and fun.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:49 am

:lol: Fairy Godmother Ana Navarro :lol:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:54 am

There's a discount shop for tweens (and me) called Five Below where nothing is over $5. Lots of cute toys, plush animals, beach totes & towels, makeup, $5 novelty Ts, etc. One of my favorite stores because everything is so whimsical.

So I'm wandering through yesterday and they had an entire display for pride month, with rainbow bandanas, coffee mugs, baseball caps, etc. I picked up a rainbow bandana that had LOVE printed all over it.

I didn't think I could love that store more.

(edited to add: the merch was pretty picked over and it was only the 6th.)
ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The Lounge”