Our Big Gay Gossip, Hottie Alert and News/Opinion Lounge (All Are Welcome)

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Our Big Gay Gossip, Hottie Alert and News/Opinion Lounge (All Are Welcome)

Post by Orlylicious »

There are more gay boys and girls here than I'd expected and it's awesome. Here's a little lounge for gay stuff and pix that's maybe not news for some, but fun for us :P Milo and probably Jacob Wohl belong in this topic. ;) Everybody is welcome of course!

http://southfloridagaynews.com has a lot of great stories, the owner is an attorney who runs or is very involved with the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws - NORML (there's a lot of pushing in Florida for the tax revenue... smokable medical is apparently now allowed but the voters want more).

Anyway, just thought it was great another young actor felt comfortable enough to come out, it's still heartwarming to watch. So many years it took to get here but when it started, it's maybe the fastest social change America's had. And I really think it's because people changed hearts and minds. But to more important things -- how cute is Tyler!! :lovestruck:

‘Pretty Little Liars’ Star Tyler Blackburn Comes Out as Queer
CELEBRITY Washington Blade | Mariah Cooper 04/21/2019 11:00 am

(WB) “Pretty Little Liars” and “Roswell” star Tyler Blackburn has come out as queer.

The 32-year-old actor opened up about his sexuality in an interview with The Advocate.

“I’m queer,” Blackburn says. “I’ve identified as bisexual since a teenager. I just want to feel powerful in my own skin, and my own mind, and in my own heart.”

Blackburn explains while he had relationships with women in his life he always had an “underlying curiosity” about men. However, the stigma about bisexuality in both the straight and gay communities prevented him from fully being himself.

“I heard so many things from within the queer community about bisexuality being a cop-out or bullshit or the easy way out or something, and that always stuck with me because I felt the pressure from all sides to have [my sexuality] figured out. And I think for the longest time, I suppressed more of my attraction to men. It wasn’t until my late 20s, towards the end of ‘Pretty Little Liars,’ that I really allowed myself to go there and not just wonder about it or lust over it, but experience that vulnerability and experience the emotional aspect of what it is to be bisexual,” Blackburn, who portrayed bad boy Caleb Rivers on “Pretty Little Liars,” says.

He credits his role as openly gay Sgt. Alex Manes on “Roswell” for helping him become more open.

“I knew this guy in and out,” Blackburn describes his character. “I understood feeling oppressed. I understood having issues with my father [wanting to feel] accepted by him. I understood wanting something but being afraid to have it. I understood self-doubt.”

Now Blackburn just wants to feel comfortable being who he is to the public.

“I’m so tired of caring so much. I just want to live my truth and feel OK with experiencing love and experiencing self-love. Yes, there is an element of, I want to feel like it’s OK to hold my boyfriend’s hand as I’m walking down the street, and not worry. Is someone going to look and be like, ‘Whoa, is that guy from that show? I didn’t know that [he was queer.]’ I want to own my space now,” Blackburn says. “Now we’re at a place where fluidity is spoken about in such a beautiful way that it doesn’t make me feel as pressured to have it figured out. My goal above everything is to feel as happy as possible. As free as possible. I don’t just mean happy, like, ‘I’m laughing all day, every day.’ That’s actually insane. That’s impossible. What I mean is, I want to feel free.”
http://southfloridagaynews.com/Celebrit ... queer.html

Here's another good one -- Breitbart begins to sharpen its teeth but check out the poll below, this dog may not hunt...
Mayor Pete Buttigieg: ‘Think of Something Really Gay — That’s How Gay I Am’
CHARLIE SPIERING 19 Apr 2019

Mayor Pete Buttigieg acknowledged that he would face challenges as an openly gay presidential candidate if he ultimately faced President Donald Trump in the general election. "I’m from Indiana, I’m gay as a — I don’t know, think of something really gay — that’s how gay I am,” :lol: he said in an interview with TMZ’s Harvey Levin.

Levin warned Buttigieg that Trump campaign would most certainly turn homophobic. “I’m used to bullying,” Buttigieg replied. “I think you confront it, initially, and move on.” He said that as a presidential candidate he would focus on calling out Trump’s behavior but remain intent on changing the subject to his own agenda.

Buttigieg quoted Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. saying that “darkness cannot drive out darkness. Only light can do that.” Levin, who is also gay, asked Buttigieg if he was worried that his homosexuality would be a “dealbreaker” for many Americans. “You know, there are some people that I’m never going to get, and that just is what it is, that’s how it always is in some way shape or form in politics,” he replied.

Buttigieg said that he was encouraged after Indiana citizens rose up to condemn the religious freedom law signed by then-governor Mike Pence. “I don’t care how conservative you are, how religious you are, if you realize that someone is coming to harm because of something you believe, something you used to believe was right, it’s going to open up your heart at least a little bit to change,” he said.

He said that it was important to “call” Americans to the “right side of history” and encourage them towards more progressive policies, rather than be accusatory or demanding about what they should think or say. Buttigieg said that Americans became more tolerant of gay lifestyles as they grew to know them personally. He said that he considered himself pretty physically fit, but admitted that he was tempted a lot by unhealthy campaign food on the trail. He acknowledged that his Instagram was full of unhealthy food. “The things that you can deep fry…” he said, pointing to food found at local fairs.

Buttigieg told TMZ he was not worried by his husband Chasten’s prolific use of social media despite his presidential run. He admitted that sometimes they drafted angry tweets together to get it off their chests, but would never send them. “He’s pretty good at running stuff by me, and I’ll run stuff by him for a gut check too,” he said.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... -gay-i-am/

The pride people feel at just having a gay candidate is amazing. One of my ex-es is now a top exec at Versace (works for Donatella) and we've been talking about Mayor Pete a lot, there's a lot of money waiting to see how Biden does but if Pete can keep it up, wow.

So much progress! Always gotta remember that because Mary, check this out: 70%! :bighug:

Almost 70 percent of Americans OK with gay presidential candidate, poll finds
This marks a big shift since 2006, when 53 percent said they'd be “very uncomfortable” or have “reservations” about a gay or lesbian candidate.
April 2, 2019, 4:18 PM EDT By Carrie Dann

WASHINGTON — With Pete Buttigieg's campaign saying he raised an impressive $7 million in the first fundraising quarter, the mayor of South Bend, Indiana, is looking more and more like a significant factor in the 2020 Democratic primary.

The main knock on his candidacy may be his lack of statewide or federal elected experience (South Bend’s population is only about 102,000). But it’s also worth noting that one fact about him is rarely treated as a liability: Buttigieg is openly gay and has been married to his husband, Chasten, since last June.

Carrie Dann @CarrieNBCNews
On a day when @PeteButtigieg is getting lots of buzz, a look back at how Americans' views of gay candidates have changed in less than 15 years. https://nbcnews.to/2V9C271

As recently as 2006, when Buttigieg was 24, more than half of Americans said they would be “very uncomfortable” (34 percent) or have “reservations” (19 percent) about a gay or lesbian person running for president. That year, just five percent said they’d be enthusiastic about an LGBT candidate, according to an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll. An additional 38 percent said they’d be “comfortable.”

These days? A majority of Americans say they’re just fine with a gay candidate. A combined 68 percent are either enthusiastic (14 percent) or comfortable (54 percent) with a candidate who is gay or lesbian. What’s more, that jump isn’t just due to increasing tolerance among the younger voters whom Buttigieg, a millennial, can claim to represent.

The share of those younger than 35 who say they’re enthusiastic or comfortable with a gay candidate increased by 28 percentage points between 2006 and now, jumping from 47 percent to 75 percent. And, while seniors are more likely to voice reservations about gay candidates, a majority (56 percent) now say they have no objections. That’s up from just 31 percent in 2006.
Happy Happy Joy Joy!

:cheer1: :cheer:

The original "Queer Eye" theme song, All Things Just Keep Getting Better! :dance:

:bar:

Avatar: President Joe Biden at Age 25 in 1967! 🇺🇸 Hey, don't miss Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring titular Mama June returns 3/21. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS
Tarrant

Re: Our Big Gay Gossip, Hottie Alert and News/Opinion Lounge (All Are Welcome)

Post by Tarrant »

I’m a singing bass in and Secretary of the Board of Directors of the New Hampshire Gay Men’s Chorus. It’s amazing to see the growth in the organization in just the last few years for which I’ve been a member. The organization recently celebrated its 20th anniversary. When founded, it was the vague non-profit “Manchester Performing Arts Association”, because there were worries that naming it what it actually was would cause trouble getting rehearsal space or financial support. Even as recently as 6-7 years ago during the 15th anniversary, the organization couldn’t even get a commendation or mention from the *Democratic* Governor of the state. The organization was told by the Governor’s staff that it was too risky to even acknowledge the organization.

Fast forward to today, and last year the *Republican* Governor, Chris Sununu (who is going to turn one of NH’s Senate seats red in the coming few years - count on it) invited us to sing at the Statehouse to open his biweekly televised public meeting (which we did), issued a congratulatory state proclamation for the anniversary (which he even read for the TV camera), and then attended our holiday concert with his family. We were invited to sing at the local inauguration for now-Congressman Chris Pappas. Membership is up (hovering around 30; it’s a small state) and while funding the Chorus is always hard, we’re at least getting the bills paid. And two of our holiday concerts were standing room only.

While there’s still a long way to go for LGBT+ rights in this country, it’s amazing to me how far we have come in a short time. We have to keep pushing to ensure our progress isn’t rolled back (because there’s lots of people out there that would like nothing more than to do just that) - there’s no time to rest on our progress (and there’s even more pushback happening to our transgender friends and allies; as gay rights have become more mainstream and harder to oppose many organizations have moved to extreme opposition to trans rights, and we must be there for them).

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, and 4 granddogs and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Orlylicious- This is a great idea!
Tarrant- Can your singing group entertain us at the Fogbow meetup? When you say you sing bass, how low can you go?
:bighug: Hugs for you, and you, and you! Hugs for everyone.

Yes, Jacob Wohl is a hottie, physically only.

"Why Iron-man and why not Fe-male? This joke is not for everyone." - Monde Mobsinner Bakaqana to The Science Nerds on Twitter.
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:34 am Orlylicious- This is a great idea!
Tarrant- Can your singing group entertain us at the Fogbow meetup? When you say you sing bass, how low can you go?

What do you call it when you identify as a straight female but have had a crush on Stevie Nicks since the 70s?

ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, and 4 granddogs and one grandcat.

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:45 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:34 am Orlylicious- This is a great idea!

What do you call it when you identify as a straight female but have had a crush on Stevie Nicks since the 70s?
Expected. Normal. Temptation beyond your control.

"Why Iron-man and why not Fe-male? This joke is not for everyone." - Monde Mobsinner Bakaqana to The Science Nerds on Twitter.
Azastan

Post by Azastan »

Tarrant wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:25 am I’m a singing bass in and Secretary of the Board of Directors of the New Hampshire Gay Men’s Chorus. It’s amazing to see the growth in the organization in just the last few years for which I’ve been a member. The organization recently celebrated its 20th anniversary. When founded, it was the vague non-profit “Manchester Performing Arts Association”, because there were worries that naming it what it actually was would cause trouble getting rehearsal space or financial support. Even as recently as 6-7 years ago during the 15th anniversary, the organization couldn’t even get a commendation or mention from the *Democratic* Governor of the state. The organization was told by the Governor’s staff that it was too risky to even acknowledge the organization.
As a much younger person, I was acquainted with Gary Baker, of Baker & Chantry Orchids. I used to volunteer there in the very early 1980s, when I wasn't working as much overtime as I did later. Gary was a proud member of the Seattle Men's Chorus, which had been founded in 1979! Gary passed away many years ago, but your mention of the NHGMC brought back some great memories.

http://enacademic.com/dic.nsf/enwiki/5219134

Tarrant

Post by Tarrant »

Jacob is one of those people I could have totally taken to bed for a night, as long as I didn’t know him. But once I know the ugly inside someone, I just can’t see them as that attractive anymore. Totally a hottie though.

As for my singing; I’m actually probably more suited for the baritone range, but I can go anywhere from bass to second tenor. My lowest singable note is probably D2, but E2 is much, much easier, and F2 is pretty effortless, up to about F4, maybe a little higher. I haven’t tried lately to push my range upward. When I joined the Chorus the artistic director wanted another good singer in the bass section so he asked me to go there. Our weakest section now is probably the baritones.

As for the Fogbow meetup, I still have my karaoke system from when I hosted at a bar in DC years ago; I haven’t updated it much since they closed (why purchase new music when you aren’t doing it anymore? I only buy individual songs to add when friends want them). If I make it to the meetup (trying!) I’d be happy to bring my songlist and a projector/speaker.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Fun!!!!!! I am too insecure about my voice to handle solo karaoke. (When you grow up with a colatura soprano mother "helping" you sing, it's just easier to play the piano.). Hubby has a nice midrange baritone and loves to sing. He dreamed of being a Pip with Gladys Knight.

Tarrant

Post by Tarrant »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:26 am Fun!!!!!! I am too insecure about my voice to handle solo karaoke. (When you grow up with a colatura soprano mother "helping" you sing, it's just easier to play the piano.). Hubby has a nice midrange baritone and loves to sing. He dreamed of being a Pip with Gladys Knight.
A lot of people would say that when I hosted at the bar in DC. I would always say three things. One, of course, alcohol always helps, two, it’s all about the fun you have and not anyone else there, and three, I always guaranteed applause. It takes guts to go up there, so you get applause. It might be because you were great, or it might be because the crowd is glad it’s over, but you get applause. :)

My husband is fairly hard of hearing, so he doesn’t sing either except if it’s groups. We always used to love going to Monday Night Showtunes at JR’s in DC, and he’d sing there since the whole bar was singing along to everything.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

My only karaoke selection.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)
Addie

Post by Addie »

I am a hetero woman, but not for want of trying :blink:

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

He's not even old enough to remember, let alone recognize that song. sigh.....

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Whatever4 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:57 am My only karaoke selection.

I recently gave my nine-year-old grandson a kazoo. That was the first song he played. Alrighty then.

"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson
SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 10 years Admin Law Judge for 4 state agencies.

Post by SuzieC »

I'm straight but I keep falling in love with gay guys that I meet in my yoga classes. They are so handsome with their smooth sculpted chests, and so nice and kind. My current gay BFF and I talk for hours every day about yoga gossip and everything else under the sun. He tells me that he has always been blessed with close female friends. I love him but I also love his partner with whom he has shared a 25 year committed relationship. :lovestruck:

Is this normal?

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Define normal.

I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

SuzieC wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:27 pm I'm straight but I keep falling in love with gay guys that I meet in my yoga classes. They are so handsome with their smooth sculpted chests, and so nice and kind. My current gay BFF and I talk for hours every day about yoga gossip and everything else under the sun. He tells me that he has always been blessed with close female friends. I love him but I also love his partner with whom he has shared a 25 year committed relationship. :lovestruck:

Is this normal?
So normal we have a term for it.

Image Image Image Image Image
SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 10 years Admin Law Judge for 4 state agencies.

Post by SuzieC »

Estiveo please don't tell me the term for it is what I think it might be.

Watching Liz Warren!

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

I won't tell you that it's what you think it is, but it probably is.

Image Image Image Image Image
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

SuzieC wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:27 pm I'm straight but I keep falling in love with gay guys that I meet in my yoga classes. They are so handsome with their smooth sculpted chests, and so nice and kind. My current gay BFF and I talk for hours every day about yoga gossip and everything else under the sun. He tells me that he has always been blessed with close female friends. I love him but I also love his partner with whom he has shared a 25 year committed relationship. :lovestruck:

Is this normal?
This is such an awesome comment and question Suzie, thanks for sharing this.

There are wonderful people everywhere, gay or straight or whatever, and I'm happy you saw the nice and kind people they are. It's great to be friends with them, it makes me happy to hear stories like this because unlike the doom and gloom scenarios the GOP pushed for years, the reality is everybody wants to be happy and have the same things in life. Nobody's looking to change anybody, just to love whomever you choose. Americans have really embraced this concept and even courts will have to consider the will of the people when making decisions.

Avatar: President Joe Biden at Age 25 in 1967! 🇺🇸 Hey, don't miss Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring titular Mama June returns 3/21. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS
SuzieC

Post by SuzieC »

Thank you Orlylicious. I always enjoy your posts.

I feel a little embarrassed by my post but hey it helps to get these feelings off my chest to all you friendly anonymous people.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

I'm glad you did Suzie, you're awesome.

Those guys worked hard for those chisels, they love showing themselves off even if they pretend they don't ;) And they should, it's amazing some of the results they've achieved. They sound like a really nice couple, maybe you can go to brunch, that's always fun and social. I'm really happy you met them and encourage you to get to know them, they sound really fun.

:lol: Most of my straight friends head straight for the gay bars when they hit a new town... 1) the music is better 2) the drinks are cheaper and 3) there are hot straight girls there with their friendboys so it's easy pickins :P Everybody wins! Girls, if you can get a hot straight guy to go with you, you'll be queen of the bar for the night! :P

Here's a hot boy working out using his cat :P

Learn to be a personal trainer and you can train guys like this girl has:

Happy to answer any questions or find extra hot guys, it's a public service :thumbs:

Paulo Prestes is a 27-year-old left back currently playing for Brazil’s Villa Nova. Think he's hot? A few from his Instagram...
Baby.JPG
Profile.JPG

More at https://www.queerty.com/brazilian-footb ... m-20150726. Invite him to brunch too! :bighug:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

boots

Post by boots »

As a heterosexual, y'all are making me feel disenfranchised.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

Everybody's welcome, we love straight guys and girls too! Jenny McCarthy and I became friends when she was Playmate of the Month, but before Playmate of the Year. She's hilarious funny and grew up in a strict Catholic family. When she was a hit, they put her naked picture on the cash register at the meat shop, I always rolled on the floor when she told that story. When we worked with her, this was a big seller :P

Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

Orlylicious wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:33 pm ...

:lol: Most of my straight friends head straight for the gay bars when they hit a new town... 1) the music is better 2) the drinks are cheaper and 3) there are hot straight girls there with their friendboys so it's easy pickins :P Everybody wins! Girls, if you can get a hot straight guy to go with you, you'll be queen of the bar for the night! :P
I remember one night a million years ago, I was angry my then boyfriend (now Hubs) forgot my birthday so I took off on my own and hit the closest gay bar. It was my first time in a gay bar, much less alone. A wonderful fellow at the bar noticed my demeanor and asked what was up. I told him and the next thing I know, we were all partying together and cheering on the performers on stage. One of the best nights of my life.

My (very red, very conservative) burb has a gay bar with Saturday Drag Queen Bingo. OMG, if any of you get the chance to play Drag Queen Bingo, do it.

ImageImageImage x4
jemcanada

Post by jemcanada »

I have a number of gay male friends. They’ll go to the concerts, movies, and plays that my straight male boyfriends won’t go to. It’s always a fun time! :fiesta: :fiesta:

I had just heard about the news in the first post. I loved Haleb (Hannah and Caleb) from Pretty Little Liars. Who am I kidding? I loved all the PLL couples( Spoby, Ezria, Emison). I think the actress from Haleb is dating a woman now. Glad to see them being able to happy and honest about who they love. :lovestruck:

Return to “The Lounge”