Father's day

Bill_G

Re: Father's day

Post by Bill_G » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:00 pm

We are still slightly hungover from the G_Clan Happy Pappy's Day celebration yesterday. Boy child #3 hosted the soiree, with at least forty people of various generations in attendance. Not all were kin, but they were welcome anyway. About 50# of flank steak smoked for half a day, and being the eldest of the clan now, it was my duty to slice it all.

In fact, the mennenen of the fambly did most of the cookin and servin while the wommennen kept us down to a dull roar. The children under 16 were probably easier to keep in line than those over. The libations were many and plentiful with a single Bloody Mary requirement for all as made by boy child #2 who does not know how to use a jigger to measure vodka. We were all pretty loose by 4PM when supper was served.

Two of our boys now have their grow licenses, and they brought lots of samples. The whole neighborhood got a contact high from the billows of smoke emanating from the back yard. We choked them out with hickory in the morning smoking the flank steaks, and then rewarded their forgiveness for our indulgence with a thick skunky aroma in the evening.

After supper, we had tables playing Cards Against Humanity, and 31 (a variation of Black Jack), and a couple quieter tables to visit and catch up. The CAH table got pretty rowdy at times with as many as a dozen playing at a time. The 31 table was a bit more demure, but kept lively by using almonds as poker chips. When you lose your nuts, you're out of the game. That inspired a never ending series of jokes.

Since the theme of the event - To Party with Dad - was known ahead of time, most of us came ready to spend the night camping in the back yard. It was a bit cramped, especially in the single downstairs bathroom (a logistical oversight) but a good time. This morning we made breakfast Army style on the grill (scrambled eggs, bacon, and pancakes on a single large flat top), washed down with several gallons of coffee.

Salute to all the fathers, papas, pappys, and and grandpappys out there!

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:15 pm

BillG...the best, the absolute best. Are we all invited next year?

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:28 am

Patagoniagirl wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:15 pm
BillG...the best, the absolute best. Are we all invited next year?
:thumbs:

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:57 am

Of course. The G_Clan party's love friends. BYOB to add to our stock of vodka, bourbon, rye, JD, beer, weed, and keif (which will sit you down pretty fast). Bring a dish to pass and an appetite. And a blanket to pass out under, and a pillow for us to lay your head on. And no cameras. We don't Facebook these things. We will break out into singing (badly) at times.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:17 am

Today we're driving up to Bathysphere or wherever it is to visit my dad for a few days. He is 90 now and still sharp as a tack. :bighug:

Welcome, seeker! There's a seeker born every minute!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:20 pm

Whiz Quiz night at my dad's "senior living" complex. This passel of geezers was amazing - somebody knew the answer to every question, and many of them were quite difficult. I was very impressed.

FB_IMG_1529457524700.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Welcome, seeker! There's a seeker born every minute!

Return to “The Lounge”