Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

It is not like it is Matt Gaetz or something

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
woodworker

It is not like it is Matt Gaetz or something

Post by woodworker »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/8 ... rafficking

On Thursday, the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the District of Minnesota released a statement announcing the arrest and indictment of 30-year-old Anton Lazzaro on sex trafficking charges. The charges include the allegation that Lazzaro recruited and conspired to recruit at least six minor victims to engage in commercial sex acts between May 2020 and December 2020.

Lazzaro is the latest GOP operative to be arrested on charges of human trafficking, joining former elected county assessor for Maricopa County Paul Petersen, along with Florida’s own embarrassments, Rep. Matt Gaetz , and his buddy Joel Greenburg. Lazzaro was reportedly arrested this in Minneapolis and made his first appearance in court over video conference later in the day.

According to The Daily Beast, Lazzaro’s luxury condo was raided by the FBI in December 2020. Law enforcement served the condo building’s management company with a search warrant seeking Lazzaro’s bank records and video surveillance footage a week before the raid, according to a person with direct knowledge. The search warrant appears in federal court records but remains sealed. The prosecutors working on this case did not return phone calls seeking further detail.

The Republican Party has a long history of having members’ names thrown around in sex trafficking and human trafficking cases. Trump’s impeachment attorney Alan Dershowitz has had his name come up in various court documents over the past decade in connection with known child rapist Jeffrey Epstein. Dershowitz has denied all accusations of impropriety. Coincidentally, Lazzaro made the claim that Dershowitz had been subcontracted by his lawyer to help with the case, but Dershowitz denied the connection to The Daily Beast.
Notaperson

Re: It is not like it is Matt Gaetz or something

Post by Notaperson »

woodworker wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:30 pm https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/8 ... rafficking

Lazzaro is the latest GOP operative to be arrested on charges of human trafficking, joining former elected county assessor for Maricopa County Paul Petersen, along with Florida’s own embarrassments, Rep. Matt Gaetz , and his buddy Joel Greenburg. Lazzaro was reportedly arrested this in Minneapolis and made his first appearance in court over video conference later in the day.
Matt Gaetz has not been arrested on charges of human trafficking.
► Show Spoiler
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Seriously, and I am well aware that child predators know no Party, but WTF is it with the apparent oversupply of GOP creepers??
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
filly

Post by filly »

Law enforcement served the condo building’s management company with a search warrant seeking Lazzaro’s bank records
A building management company is the custodian of bank records?
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

filly wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:52 am
Law enforcement served the condo building’s management company with a search warrant seeking Lazzaro’s bank records
Maybe the warrant was for searching a storage locker? IDK.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
tek

Post by tek »

Vinnie in the back room, capisce?
filly

Post by filly »

Maybenaut wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:39 am
I'm guessing that the actual banks would be a better and more complete source of the bank records. But hey, what do I know?
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

filly wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:02 am

I'm guessing that the actual banks would be a better and more complete source of the bank records. But hey, what do I know?
I don’t know what they’re looking for in the bank records, but if they want to impute knowledge to him, a record in his possession might be better. Of course, I’m assuming they know what they’re looking for.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
filly

Post by filly »

Maybenaut wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:39 pm
filly wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:02 am

I don’t know what they’re looking for in the bank records, but if they want to impute knowledge to him, a record in his possession might be better. Of course, I’m assuming they know what they’re looking for.
Used to be that bank statements got mailed and the rebuttable presumption was that the addressee received it. Maybe it's easier to rebut that presumption these days, but I'd guess it still exists.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Maybe they were just asking for the transit routing and accounts on the checks, or registered account he used to pay his rent, and then planning to ask the bank for more complete records.
filly

Post by filly »

This isn’t a civil case. Law enforcement has access to that kind of information. Maybe the DailKis writer made an error.

Return to “Current Politics”