The Stupid - It Burns!

tek

Re: The Stupid - It Burns!

Post by tek » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:23 pm

Main problem is that the dress wants to be anywhere but there.

There's no way back
from there to here

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:35 pm

I've heard this bull before.

Whip

Post by Whip » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:54 pm

DejaMoo wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:36 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:58 pm
Foggy wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:36 pm
Good lord, I hope there are prettier girls in England than our First Android with the frozen plastic face. :eek2:
And her DDD kidneys.
Which she put on public display recently - braless, see-through dress.

Remember when the right wing pretended to lose its mind over Michelle's bare arms?
is jenner's face photoshopped on there?

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:04 pm

DejaMoo wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:36 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:58 pm
Foggy wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:36 pm
Good lord, I hope there are prettier girls in England than our First Android with the frozen plastic face. :eek2:
And her DDD kidneys.
Which she put on public display recently - braless, see-through dress.

:snippity: ?
At the Super Bowl that would be called a wardrobe malfunction ;)

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:31 pm

I expect with this badministration we can anticipate a White House Wet T-shirt Contest as part of the Labor Day celebration.

Lani

Post by Lani » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:16 am

I think Teump's belly outflow over his belt is worse than Melania's nipple display.

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:22 am

General comment, not directed at any post or poster:

I don't like body shaming, ever. I think it reflects badly on the shamer.

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:29 pm

Bright orange bird turns out to be seagull covered in curry
BY CHRISTOPHER BRITO

JULY 8, 2019 / 2:20 PM / CBS NEWS

When strangers reported finding a bright orange bird alongside a highway, a British wildlife hospital didn't know what to expect. As they later found out, the potentially exotic bird they thought they'd be encountering was actually just a seagull covered completely in curry.

Tiggywinkles Wildlife Hospital in Buckinghamshire described the seagull's condition as "one of the strangest casualty circumstances we have seen in a while!" in a Facebook post last week.

The bird somehow got himself covered in curry or turmeric –– and it prevented him from flying properly, according to the hospital.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/seagull-in ... tal-sauce/

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:29 pm

p0rtia wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:22 am

Is it OK if I occasionally refer to POTUS as the Orange Menace? He does have control over the hair dye and how he burns his face.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:35 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:29 pm
p0rtia wrote:

Is it OK if I occasionally refer to POTUS as the Orange Menace? He does have control over the hair dye and how he burns his face.
Knock yourself out. Or lying, abusive, predatory thief. Or piece of shit.

Don't think "control" is the litmus test, though.

ImageImageImage

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:02 pm

p0rtia wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:35 pm
Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:29 pm
p0rtia wrote:

Knock yourself out. Or lying, abusive, predatory thief. Or piece of shit.

Don't think "control" is the litmus test, though.
Don't you agree that once the subject has body-shamed others (like, a million times) he or she becomes fair game?

Can't Instant Karma get a voluntary boost?

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:43 pm

RoadScholar wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:02 pm

Don't you agree that once the subject has body-shamed others (like, a million times) he or she becomes fair game?

Can't Instant Karma get a voluntary boost?
X behaves like a shit so that gives Y permission to behave like a shit toward them? No, never. As I said, it reflects badly on Y. I'm down on bullying, for whatever reason.

But it's much more than that. When you make fun of someone for what they look like, and the crowd laughs, there are people in that crowd that hear you, and it spreads like wildfire. And before you know it, you have society focusing on appearance as if it were on a par with ethics, skill, knowledge, and kindness.People who are fat, or skinny, or have big noses, or are bald, or have a limp, or have yellow teeth, or whatever is, get the message that to be those things is a weakness they have. They wonder if people say stuff like that about them.

Some people vow that they will never open themselves up to attacks on their looks. I had one of the most remarkable moments in my life this past winter, when a tennis buddy told me that she had seen her obese parents ridiculed in her youth, and had vowed to herself that she would never be fat; never look like that so that people would ridicule her. As a teenager she became bulimic. She told no one, not ever her husband, until she told a psychologist the previous summer, who finally helped her stop, and then she told me, person number two. She was 76 years old.

ImageImageImage

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:50 pm

So, you think she would have lived to 76 if she had become obese? She may have died at 50, 55, or 62 like my father did.

Well, we’ll just have to agree to disagree. Mocking the misshapen sack of unsightly protoplasm in the White House is exactly what he deserves. I’m not down with body-shaming anyone else. Right now.

X3

boots

Post by boots » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:48 pm

p0rtia wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:43 pm
:snippity: :snippity:

X behaves like a shit so that gives Y permission to behave like a shit toward them? No, never. As I said, it reflects badly on Y. I'm down on bullying, for whatever reason.

But it's much more than that. When you make fun of someone for what they look like, and the crowd laughs, there are people in that crowd that hear you, and it spreads like wildfire. And before you know it, you have society focusing on appearance as if it were on a par with ethics, skill, knowledge, and kindness.People who are fat, or skinny, or have big noses, or are bald, or have a limp, or have yellow teeth, or whatever is, get the message that to be those things is a weakness they have. They wonder if people say stuff like that about them.

Some people vow that they will never open themselves up to attacks on their looks. I had one of the most remarkable moments in my life this past winter, when a tennis buddy told me that she had seen her obese parents ridiculed in her youth, and had vowed to herself that she would never be fat; never look like that so that people would ridicule her. As a teenager she became bulimic. She told no one, not ever her husband, until she told a psychologist the previous summer, who finally helped her stop, and then she told me, person number two. She was 76 years old.
I totally agree. And it reflects poorly on the person using it to attack. I remember in my younger days being put off from listening to a bunch of democrats criticizing Rush Limbaugh, but only because he was "fat." At the time, I had nothing to worry about and was in great shape, but it left a bad impression and like people who would call something "gay" it was ineffective. It left me feeling like they really didn't know what to criticize. (And there is plenty to criticize there). In my current condition (could lose a few lbs) I was recently fat-shamed by a rather large person on Facebook, and had the same critical comment "liked" by someone who is also expanding laterally. It made no sense whatsoever to me, and fortunately I don't take it all that seriously.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:54 pm

RoadScholar wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:50 pm
So, you think she would have lived to 76 if she had become obese? She may have died at 50, 55, or 62 like my father did.

Well, we’ll just have to agree to disagree. Mocking the misshapen sack of unsightly protoplasm in the White House is exactly what he deserves. I’m not down with body-shaming anyone else. Right now.
I mostly side with portia on the body shaming issue. I am conflicted about body shaming Trump. Pointing out his 6'4" and 225 pound frame sarcastically is pointing out his lies about his body.

An interesting side note about bulimia- you can die from heart disease if you have bulimia. Karen Carpenter died of a heart attack.

A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: On July 28, 1919, Arkansas became the 12th state to adopt the 19th Amendment.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:03 pm

Yes, but Limbaugh is an attacker. A biting, carping criticizer, unfairly so, of women, minorities, gay folks, you name it. So people understandably note the hypocrisy of a fat drug addict criticizing others. Glass houses, throwing stones and all that.

Some vile people have well earned the sort of maltreatment one would never level upon an innocent.

If you’re too moral for that, bully for you. “Turn the other cheek” is your choice, and there’s nothing wrong with that. But sometimes you run upon a King Richard, and he needs killing.

Metaphorically, of course.

X3

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:20 pm

RoadScholar wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:03 pm
Yes, but Limbaugh is an attacker. A biting, carping criticizer, unfairly so, of women, minorities, gay folks, you name it. So people understandably note the hypocrisy of a fat drug addict criticizing others. Glass houses, throwing stones and all that.

Some vile people have well earned the sort of maltreatment one would never level upon an innocent.

If you’re too moral for that, bully for you. “Turn the other cheek” is your choice, and there’s nothing wrong with that. But sometimes you run upon a King Richard, and he needs killing.

I'm not too moral. My Southern mother told me not to say anything about someone if I couldn't say something nice. ( I don't think she told my brothers that. ) I'm not good at name calling. Instead of expanding my repertoire, I overuse the F word.

A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: On July 28, 1919, Arkansas became the 12th state to adopt the 19th Amendment.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:28 pm

My step-grandfather once told me his motto was “Comfort the afflicted, and afflict the comfortable.”

X3

boots

Post by boots » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:53 pm

RoadScholar wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:03 pm

All of that is true. I'm far from blameless, heck, just last week I referred to Jason Patrick as a sasquatch! :bag:

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:00 am

She is starting to look her age (no sin), and that bra-less look isn't good on her now. And, yes, the dress looks cheap with that puckering. I'd put something like that back on the hanger before even trying it on.

This is a very bad look for a first lady. :brickwallsmall:

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:32 am

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:54 pm
An interesting side note about bulimia- you can die from heart disease if you have bulimia. Karen Carpenter died of a heart attack.
Karen's heart attack was caused by her abuse of ipecac. She drank it to induce vomiting in the hope of losing weight, or at least not gaining weight. Thing is, ipecac damages heart muscle. She didn't know that, but she unwittingly killed herself.

Little Girl Blue: The Life of Karen Carpenter goes into this in some detail, along with her anorexia and issues with her family (her mom was a real piece of...work).

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:38 am

RoadScholar wrote:
My mom is obese and 94 years old. I'm obese, and as I told my doctor, "My family is full of fat, old women". The men are skinny and tall and die earlier from heart disease, the women just plod on.
My take on the subject is a quote from James Baldwin: People who treat other people as less than human
must not be surprised when the bread they have cast on the waters comes floating back to them, poisoned.

As for Melania, that's a fashion crime, not to mention a totally inappropriate look for the spouse of a head of state. Wife of a mob boss, yes. FLOTUS, no.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:53 am

Well, nice to know obesity has no health ramifications. I'll take that under advisement.

But to my point: until I catch one of you calling my gay friends "faggots," my Mexican friends "rapists and drug dealers," and my black friends the "N-word," I would never body-shame a single one of you.

If you did, I might. Your poisoned bread would be returning, as Trump's is.

X3

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:57 am

RoadScholar wrote:

You have missed the point about my bulimic friend. I was giving an example of the vast and largely unacknowledged damage done by a societal culture of looksism and body shaming. Bullying. I don't give a shit about hurting 45. But those who bully him because of how he looks are in denial about how they are adding to already normalized culture of bullying in general. Girls and boys all over the country hear the message, and when some bully licensed by society calls them fat or ugly or (whether they are or not, btw, and largely, they are not), their self-esteem and self-image is chipped away. Substitute "gay" for "fat" to get a clearer picture.

I do not agree to disagree. This is not an opinion; this is a fact. You can say that you don't care how much damage society does by body-shaming, but you can't say it doesn't happen.

Fact: It's much harder not to overtly body shame people you don't like than people you do.

ImageImageImage

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:11 am

DejaMoo wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:38 am
RoadScholar wrote:
My mom is obese and 94 years old. I'm obese, and as I told my doctor, "My family is full of fat, old women". The men are skinny and tall and die earlier from heart disease, the women just plod on.
My take on the subject is a quote from James Baldwin: People who treat other people as less than human
must not be surprised when the bread they have cast on the waters comes floating back to them, poisoned.

As for Melania, that's a fashion crime, not to mention a totally inappropriate look for the spouse of a head of state. Wife of a mob boss, yes. FLOTUS, no.
Thanks for info on Karen Carpenter. LOVE that you quoted James Baldwin!

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”