The Stupid - It Burns!

Sam the Centipede

Re: The Stupid - It Burns!

Post by Sam the Centipede » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:36 pm

Off Topic
Foggy wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:05 pm
Full disclosure - my dad does that. I never argue religion with him because his religious beliefs make him a better person. Of course, we all know that some people use religious beliefs to be horrible people; I guess it works both ways, depending upon the person.
At my mother's funeral service, the priest referred to her faith and her good morals, as if religion was responsible for her goodness. I smiled to myself because I was confident that my mother's good morals came first and she would have rejected any church teachings that she felt were in conflict. She was holding the church to her standards, not the other way round.

And in any discussion of the morally right course of action, her criterion was never what any god would want, her reasoning was always rooted in communal well-being, fairness and protection of the weak.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:41 pm

Science and Stupid reminds me of this post from a 69 year old woman that I know in Real Life. She "knows" so much.
Government behind 9-11 and Chemtrails. Floride and Vaccines are bad. and so on
I believe her posts are set to FRIENDS ONLY.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Linda Axxxxxx Nxxxx {redacting the name]
December 16, 2018 ·
Late last night, as I went out to turn off the Christmas lights, I stopped and stared up at the stars for a while and this thought came into my mind. Man is so full of explanations, that he has lost the ability to just wonder. I often wonder about the stars. I don't want the scientific explanations, I just want to wonder and imagine. I resent that we are born knowing all the answers and denied the chance to wonder.

her comments on that post:

Chet xxxxxx You think someone has all the answers. . . where? 😄
Linda xxxxxx Well "they" think they do....and I'm tired of it.

Linda xxxxxxxI don't wanna know it all. I like the magic of wonder......it gives you the freedom to come to your own conclusions if you desire.

Linda xxxxxxx I guess it just bothers me that now we know what the stars truly are. We can no longer fantasize about them or their purpose.

Linda xxxxx Like if we didn't know what they were or didn't know what thunder and lightning were, or what is the moon........what would our imaginations tell us? Would we make up our own truths to satisfy our wonder? We are denied that privilege, because we already know. Jeeze, sometimes my mind gets weird............
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:47 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:32 pm
No idea if this is real but if so :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :madguy: .
Zannah is Tired @asholohan

Christian school was supposed to be ‘safer’ or ‘better’ than public school, but I was still bullied and isolated by cliques, and I wasn’t the only one. I’m 35 and STILL finding gaps in my education. This is a page from my 4th grade “science” book.
#ExposeChristianSchools
:mememe: :mememe: :mememe:

See that wall socket - that's where electricity comes from :!: :violin:

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:27 pm

Foggy wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:05 pm
I've often wondered if my professor knew that and concealed it from us, or if he just didn't know. Would a Jesuit school offer up a gay man as an ideal religious person? :think:

Strange funny, not hahaha funny.
I doubt they would have had a problem with it, honestly. It's the quality of the thought that matters, and as mentioned there is a lot of Priests who are actually Homosexual. Rumours of the homosexuality of Michelangelo have not caused the Catholics to burn down the Sistine Chapel.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:30 pm

:brickwallsmall: :roll:
Jon Cooper

Verified account

@joncoopertweets
30m30 minutes ago
More
On the eve of MLK Day, Mike Pence says Trump is like Martin Luther King Jr. for 'inspiring us' with a border wall.
https://t.co/7H5GT5BsbV
“So what the president has directed us to do is to reach out with rank-and-file Democrats in the House and in the Senate,” Pence explained. “What the president presented yesterday really is an effort to bring together ideas from both political parties. I think it is an act of statesmanship on the president’s part.”

According to Pence, Trump’s actions during the government shutdown could be compared with King, who America will celebrate during a day of remembrance on Monday.

“And honestly,” he opined, “the hearts and minds of the American people are thinking a lot today about [this] being the weekend we remember the life and work of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.”

“One of my favorite quotes from Dr. King was, ‘Now is the time to make real the promises of Democracy,'” Pence continued. “You think of how he changed America, he inspired us to change through the legislative process, to become a more perfect union. That’s exactly what President Trump is calling on the Congress to do, come to the table in a spirit of good faith.”
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:25 pm

a pitty LL links don't embed at this time cause

New meaning of Hydro-Electric power

(wall connector looks like German style, I wonder why the fuse has not yet blown)

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:09 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:25 pm
a pitty LL links don't embed at this time cause

New meaning of Hydro-Electric power

(wall connector looks like German style, I wonder why the fuse has not yet blown)
That's fun! I assume it's genuine and not a bit of fakery. If i saw that happening I might video it but I would switch the electricity off super-rapidly because I wouldn't want 200+ volts going through my body!

Could be any one of a variety of European countries ... and I think they each have their own domestic wiring regulations (I'm not an electrician!) because there's less reason to harmonize those than for appliances and equipment (because houses tend to stay where they're built).

It is odd that the circuit is still live. That suggests it is not protected by earth leakage circuit breakers because ELCBs flip and break the circuit at the slightest provocation if they detect an indication that the integrity of the circuit's insulation has been compromised. Perhaps it's an old circuit protected only by over-rated wire fuses?

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:26 am

no - not a FL man ;)
Liverpool Travelodge wrecked by digger driver on day construction completed in 'row over unpaid wages'
'There were loads of workers outside all gobsmacked, jaws to the floor,' witness says

Chris Baynes

A digger driver has been filmed destroying the lobby of a new Travelodge hotel in apparent fury over unpaid pages on the day construction was completed.

Footage of the rampage showed the vehicle repeatedly smashing into the entrance of the building in Liverpool as workers plead with the man to stop.

Police are hunting the driver, who is said to have been angry about being owed £600.

There were construction workers inside the Edge Lane hotel at the time the chaos unfolded, with one heard shouting, “No! I’ll give you the money myself”, as the digger wrecks the reception area.

Merseyside Police said one man was treated for eye irritation due to exposure to diesel.

“The handover was today, everything completed, we’d put the last tile in, cleaned up and made sure everything was perfect,” said ceiling fixer Samuel White. “Then some idiot in a mini digger decided to drive through the middle of the building.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/c ... 39826.html

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:57 pm

Rachel Gastiaburo shared a post.
1 hr ·
It’s We The People’s House~> not Nancy’s House!
► Show Spoiler

Follow The White Rabbit
Like This Page · 1 hr ·

THIS WOMEN IS BATSHIT CRAZY, SEND HER HOME

► Show Spoiler

posting here - however the link is: Q related ?
https://www.facebook .com/QsWhiteRabbit/photos/a.187355065477761/230736987806235/?type=3&theater

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:13 pm

Well, ya know, Mrs Clinton got more votes than the DOTUS sitting in the White House.

Can we put Mrs Clinton in there now?

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:52 pm

Muslims demand M&S boycott because toilet paper ‘has Allah written on it’
More than 2,000 people have signed a petition accusing the chain of 'deliberately insulting our religion'

By Felix Allen
23rd January 2019, 10:17 amUpdated: 23rd January 2019, 12:26 pm
MUSLIMS are demanding a boycott of Marks and Spencer because they claim its toilet rolls have the word "Allah" embossed in Arabic.

M&S insists the design shows an aloe vera leaf — but more than 2,000 have signed a petition accusing the chain of "deliberately insulting our religion".

It comes after a viral video claimed Arabic script can be seen in the repeating pattern on the three-ply aloe scented paper.

It shows a man taking one roll from a £2.50 pack and inspecting it on a car roof.

A voice urges "brothers and sisters" not to buy the product because "‘every toilet tissue has the name of Allah on it".

The video sparked fury as it was shared on YouTube and social media.
'WEASELLY INSULT'
One YouTube commenter said: "Shame on M&S. I never expected M&S to go so low morally. I support a full Boycott of M&S."

Another said on Twitter: "No heart, absolutely no heart. Just why?"

M&S responded to criticism on Twitter, saying: "The motif on the aloe vera toilet tissue, which we have been selling for over five years, is categorically of an aloe vera leaf and we have investigated and confirmed this with our suppliers."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8259961/m ... per-allah/

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:17 am

Ya, they are picking M&S for this because its the weakest of the big retailers and is in financial trouble. They are the least able to absorb a boycott, so they are the most likely to cave on something.

These guys know damn well its not arabic scrript, they are trying to push this to get political power and push their norms on society. Sorry if I am sounding like the daily mail on this, but sometimes they are right. There ARE extreme Muslims out there who DO want to take over.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:05 am

No difference whatsoever between this situation and radical fundie Christians (maybe only in America) boycotting Procter & Gamble because their logos were supposed to have Satanic symbols.

Both, incredibly stupid. And as for the notion of Muslims wanting to “take over” vs. wanting special treatment for any perceived slight... that is too.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:36 am

It may be a terrible mistake. It is obviously embossed, but my eye sees Arabic characters easier than it sees aloe leaves in those marks. That said, I do not see the exact symbol of God in those marks either. However, if I were a native reader, and could recognize Arabic immediately, it may be possible for a mind to go there. The brain wants definition. And if he says it says God, perhaps the best thing is for M&S to apologize, acknowledge the possibility, and promise to remove that embossing from the product.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tek

Post by tek » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:40 am

I see a few string beans.
There's no way back
from there to here

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:57 am

:like:

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:11 am

It doesn't look much like the calligraphy version of Allah, but the typeset version? Maybe.
Screenshot_2019-01-25-05-07-52.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image Image Image Image

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:36 am

Agreed.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:38 am

It looks just like the writing on Obama's wedding ring to me. :roll:

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:47 am

IMG_0299.jpg
Good one.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:01 am

Birmingham brought to standstill by YouTuber James Charles
Teenage makeup vlogger’s appearance at shopping centre causes gridlock in city

Jim Waterson Media editor
Sun 27 Jan 2019 14.07 GMT Last modified on Sun 27 Jan 2019 20.35 GMT

Birmingham was brought to a standstill on Saturday, with motorists abandoning cars and the city gridlocked for hours after thousands of teenagers flooded the city centre to see a 19-year-old YouTuber make a 30-second public appearance at a cosmetics store.

Many shoppers were forced to cancel their trips, while parts of the bus network ground to a halt and road traffic was at a standstill, as fans hoped to catch a glimpse of James Charles, who is known for his online makeup guides.

The American was in town to open a shop for Morphe Cosmetics, with rows of police and security guards struggling to hold back thousands of people, mainly teenage girls, who had been gathering at the Bullring shopping centre since early in the morning.

The sheer mass of people and cars heading into the city centre caused havoc, with the BBC reporting that some drivers abandoned their vehicles overnight after giving up hope of getting out.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... es-charles

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:16 am

RTH10260 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:01 am
Birmingham brought to standstill by YouTuber James Charles
Teenage makeup vlogger’s appearance at shopping centre causes gridlock in city
Birmingham was brought to a standstill on Saturday, with motorists abandoning cars and the city gridlocked for hours after thousands of teenagers flooded the city centre to see a 19-year-old YouTuber make a 30-second public appearance at a cosmetics store.

Many shoppers were forced to cancel their trips, while parts of the bus network ground to a halt and road traffic was at a standstill, as fans hoped to catch a glimpse of James Charles, who is known for his online makeup guides.
Of course I have never heard of this guy. Started watching a video. Reminds me of the ones where the Dads narrate their daughters doing their makeup. :lol:

Full Face Of Makeup Using ONLY My Palette
James Charles
Published on Nov 30, 2018
HI SISTERS! I just launched my Morphe x James Charles Artistry Palette and I've said that the palette can create any look... so for today's video, we are doing a FULL FACE of makeup using ONLY my palette! Let's see if I can put my skills to the test and slay this makeup challenge... enjoy and don't forget to thumbs up and SUBSCRIBE! <SNIP>
► Show Spoiler
His channel:
James Charles
13,798,924 subscribers
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCucot- ... kyRm2I7v2Q

another video:
Baking My Palette into a Cake
5 days ago

HI SISTERS! In today's video, I decided to live my childhood fantasy by baking a real-life FULLY EDIBLE CAKE version of the James Charles x Morphe palette!!!

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:41 pm

I don't know where to post some of this stuff. :blackeye:

Rachel Gastiaburo shared a post.
5 mins ·
► Show Spoiler
Bikers for America
23 hrs ·
Roger Stone's Message To The President: "You are in 'grave' danger...because you so threaten the globalists...you MUST 'declassify'...you know what's going on, you MUST take action...The President must act to save himself...They don't just want to take out Trump, they want to take out Pence. They want to void the last election on the phony basis that it was tainted by Russian involvement, so that they can make Nancy Pelosi the President, she can appoint Hillary Clinton as Vice President, and then she can resign, and Hillary becomes President."

Their link to a 56 minute Alex Jones YouTube video
Michael Savage Podcast
Published on Jan 27, 2019
The Alex Jones Roger Stone’s Emergency Message To Mueller, Trump & America

(post/channel
Michael Savage Podcast
Published on Jan 27, 2019)
► Show Spoiler
ETA I heard some of the beginning of the video as I was posting this. Alex Jones was saying I WAS THERE... as Roger Stone was trying to access or contact (don't remember exactly) WikiLeaks. I WAS THERE when Roger Stone was trying to get Julian Assange on air. There was no back channels - or something - whatever.

bob

Post by bob » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:19 pm

Probably just click-gathering trolling, but still....
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:53 pm

Who gave the keys to the HAARP machine to Teh Donald :?: :think: :lol:

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”