Post by RTH10260 »

The 11'8" + 8" bridge still challenges some trucks :o

Chilidog

Re: The Stupid - It Burns!

Post by Chilidog »

RTH10260 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:37 am
The 11'8" + 8" bridge still challenges some trucks :o

The truck was poorly loaded It was tilted to one side. It would have made it if the weight was centered.

tek

Post by tek »

Don't know if it was mis-loaded or if there was just enough crown to the road..
There's no way back
from there to here

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Boxing dual k.o.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Thanksgiving was near...

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

RTH10260 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:23 pm
Thanksgiving was near...

The turkey did something that Gav and SovCits cannot accomplish. He actually got a motorist out of a ticket.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Whip

Post by Whip »

:rotflmao:

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Being "that time of year" for the turkey, I believe I can paraphrase what he was yelling at the cop:

"Dude, you're blocking."
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Happy birthday dear Fogbowzers!

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

That’s me and cake.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Whatever4 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:51 am
That’s me and cake.
Cake with ICING!
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.
- https://legaldictionary.net/19th-amendment/

tencats

Post by tencats »

:shock: :cantlook:
Woman dies after being set on fire during surgery in Romania
Mon 30 Dec 2019 https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... ry-romania
A woman has died after being set on fire during surgery in Romania, the country’s health ministry has said, in a case that has cast a spotlight on the ailing Romanian health system.

The patient, who had pancreatic cancer, died on Sunday after suffering burns to 40% of her body when surgeons used an electric scalpel despite her being treated with an alcohol-based disinfectant.

Contact with the flammable disinfectant caused combustion and the patient “ignited like a torch”, Emanuel Ungureanu, a Romanian politician, said on his Facebook page, citing medical staff at Floreasca urgent care hospital in Bucharest.

A nurse threw a bucket of water on the 66-year-old woman to prevent the fire from spreading.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Collateral damage at work

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Man who threw 'lucky' coins into plane engine fined
3 January 2020

A Chinese man who was flying for the first time has been fined for throwing "good luck" coins into a plane's engine.

The 28-year-old was ordered to pay $17,200 (£13,100) in compensation to the budget airline - called Lucky Air.

The plane was grounded after the coins were found near one of its engines.

Lu Chao admitted throwing the coins as he boarded an internal flight at Anqing Tianzhushan Airport in eastern China in February 2019.

He appeared in court in July but the ruling was only recently made public.

The flight was cancelled after staff spotted two 1 yuan coins on the ground near one of the plane's jet engines.

Safety checks were carried out, leaving passengers stranded while replacement flights were arranged.

Mr Lu was also detained by police for 10 days, charged with disturbing public order, but was made to pay compensation via a civil case.

https:// www.bbc.com/news/business-50979485

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Too cheap to pay for a trailer, this man strapped a snowmobile to the top of his Chevy Malibu and drove through Wisconsin
In what might have been the most Wisconsin thing to pop up on Facebook last week, photos and video of someone driving through the state with a snowmobile strapped to the roof of a car created a bit of a stir.

Turns out it was a guy from Illinois who was too cheap to get a trailer and pay for the extra gas to tow his snowmobile up north.

"...I saw a cop at a gas station and he said ‘I don't see anything illegal about it,’ ” Mecher said.

When he arrived in Bessemer, it took just nine minutes to remove the snowmobile from its lofty perch with a front end loader and a strap.
I've heard this bull before.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

That's one way to keep the expressway lane behind you clear.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

Tell you what... I have seen worse load-strapping jobs in my day. :shock:
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Houston man arrested after posting video of him shooting gun into air on New Year’s Eve

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texa ... 962022.php
The video shows the man, identified by police as 45-year-old Juan Pedro Nino, shooting a gun into the air on New Year’s Eve inside an apartment complex in the 8700 block of Park Town Drive on Houston’s west side, Harris County Sheriff’s Office investigators said. Detectives received a copy of the video Jan. 2, using a license plate seen in frame to help lead them to Nino’s home.

When a detective went to the apartment, he spoke with Nino’s mother who said her son was not home. She took the detective’s number and passed it along to Nino, who called the detective and later confessed to pulling the trigger, according to court documents.

:snippity:

Nino, however, was charged with discharging a firearm in a metro area. He is facing up to six months in jail and a possible $2,000 fine for the class A misdemeanor, if convicted.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Real World Police wrote:Serial Police Impersonator Caught by His Own Body Camera
8 Jan 2020

Jeremy Dewitte's first arrest for impersonating a police officer happened more than twenty years ago and he hasn't slowed down since. In fact, Dewitte was arrested for impersonating a police officer three separate times in the last three months of 2019. In the interim Dewitte was hard at work racking up dozens of minor violations, with the occasional felony thrown in. To top it off, Dewitte is remarkably good at violating his probation.

In researching this case I created a spreadsheet to keep track of Dewitte's Florida record. See the craziness for yourself: https://tiny.cc/dewittecases

The story of Dewitte's first arrest takes more space than I have available here, so for now we begin when that case ends.

On September 30, 1998 Jeremy Dewitte entered a plea of no contest to charges of impersonating a police officer and theft, instantly becoming a convicted felon. He was sentenced to five years probation, banned from Mobil gas stations for the duration, and ordered to repay a bit more than $14.

much more here https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4ya5rOeZb8

Whip

Post by Whip »

RTH10260 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:11 pm
Real World Police wrote:Serial Police Impersonator Caught by His Own Body Camera
8 Jan 2020

Jeremy Dewitte's first arrest for impersonating a police officer happened more than twenty years ago and he hasn't slowed down since. In fact, Dewitte was arrested for impersonating a police officer three separate times in the last three months of 2019. In the interim Dewitte was hard at work racking up dozens of minor violations, with the occasional felony thrown in. To top it off, Dewitte is remarkably good at violating his probation.

In researching this case I created a spreadsheet to keep track of Dewitte's Florida record. See the craziness for yourself: https://tiny.cc/dewittecases

The story of Dewitte's first arrest takes more space than I have available here, so for now we begin when that case ends.

On September 30, 1998 Jeremy Dewitte entered a plea of no contest to charges of impersonating a police officer and theft, instantly becoming a convicted felon. He was sentenced to five years probation, banned from Mobil gas stations for the duration, and ordered to repay a bit more than $14.

much more here https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4ya5rOeZb8
This clown is unstable. He's a sex offender also.

https://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offen ... onId=45895

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Volkonski wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:05 pm
Houston man arrested after posting video of him shooting gun into air on New Year’s Eve

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texa ... 962022.php
The video shows the man, identified by police as 45-year-old Juan Pedro Nino, shooting a gun into the air on New Year’s Eve inside an apartment complex in the 8700 block of Park Town Drive on Houston’s west side, Harris County Sheriff’s Office investigators said. Detectives received a copy of the video Jan. 2, using a license plate seen in frame to help lead them to Nino’s home.

When a detective went to the apartment, he spoke with Nino’s mother who said her son was not home. She took the detective’s number and passed it along to Nino, who called the detective and later confessed to pulling the trigger, according to court documents.

Nino, however, was charged with discharging a firearm in a metro area. He is facing up to six months in jail and a possible $2,000 fine for the class A misdemeanor, if convicted.
What goes up must come down!

When I lived in San Diego, about 40 years ago, there was a news story about a woman in LA who was in a supermarket and reached out to pick an item off the shelf, when a rifle bullet came through the roof and shattered her wrist.

The roof of that kind of structure is usually just a relatively thin sheet metal skin, covered with tar or some other waterproofing substance.

Police speculated that someone shot the rifle in the air. I believe it was said to be a 30-30 slug, which means that the rifle could have been fired anywhere within a two or three mile radius. I never heard that they found out who did it.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Penn. woman drove into oncoming traffic as test of faith, injuring two
A Pennsylvania woman put her faith in God when she drove into an oncoming car earlier this month.

Nadejda Reilly, 31, had her bail revoked this week after investigators say she purposely crashed her car in Weatherly on Jan. 7.

Reilly related God took care of her by not having her injured,” Trooper Bruce Balliet in an arrest affidavit. “Reilly expressed no concerns or remorse for the victims. Reilly also stated she did not care if the other people were injured because God would have taken care of them.”

Police said Reilly had been waiting for a sign from God before she took action herself.
I've heard this bull before.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Just how did he think this was going to end? :roll:

Tomball-area teacher, coach accused of threatening principal with a gun

https://abc13.com/tomball-teacher-accus ... n/5870270/
Mark Davis, who is listed on the school's website as a social studies and theology teacher, made an initial court appearance Wednesday morning.

According to the court appearance, Davis was apparently unhappy with a recommendation written for him by the principal for a coaching job at a different school.

Davis allegedly told another teacher that he had a gun in his classroom and was also going to bring a rifle to school.

Davis is facing both a felony and misdemeanor charge. He was given a $50,000 bond on the felony charge. The judge also ordered him to stay 1,000 feet away from the Concordia school, and suspended his concealed carry license.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”