All Dogz Worthy

listeme

All Dogz Worthy

Post by listeme »

Skep, I somehow missed your post yesterday. I've never had the privilege of living with a Golden, but folks have told me wonderful stories about them. We also have held a beloved dog until the end. It felt almost sacred. I held for a while after, in case she could still hear me tell her how wonderful she was. Then I walked out of the room with the hairs on my arms standing straight up. It is not a small task.I'm teary remembering and teary for your loss. :xo Thank you for sharing that with us.
We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

Estiveo

All Dogz Worthy

Post by Estiveo »

Lotta pollen in the air tonight or sumfin'. :cry:
Image Image Image Image Image

Plutodog

All Dogz Worthy

Post by Plutodog »

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

kate520

All Dogz Worthy

Post by kate520 »

I "lost" my beloved Golden a couple of times during lightening and thunder storms. The first time, she escaped the yard with our three other dogs and together they made a bee line for the busy street, where they split up.The chow went to our friend's house to ride it out; my Sheltie/elkhound got picked up by the local constabulary and given a ticket for not having a collar and tag (yes, she did); and my Golden gamboled about in traffic until my vet happened to drive by and open her door. In hopped Alyx.We moved and several years later they did the same thing during a storm. This time, the chow got hung up in the fence, broke his leg struggling and hung there until we came home from work; the Sheltie stayed with him in the driveway; and I've never again seen Alyx. :(( :(( There was a large rock in the arroyo near our house that was the same color as Alyx. For years, every time I caught sight of the rock out of the corner of my eye my heart would leap...is she home? Sadly, no, it was always the stupid rock.Goldens are pure love. Namaste, Skeppie.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

MaineSkeptic

All Dogz Worthy

Post by MaineSkeptic »

Goldens are pure love. Namaste, Skeppie.Thank you, Kate, and I'm so sorry about Alyx. :hug: :(( :hug:

mary

All Dogz Worthy

Post by mary »

Skeppy-I just saw your post. Kate is right; Goldens are pure love. I'm so very sorry for your loss. :((And Kate - I'm very sorry to hear about Alyx. :hug:

Cdr Christoff

All Dogz Worthy

Post by Cdr Christoff »

I "lost" my beloved Golden a couple of times during lightening and thunder storms.We learned to our sorrow that a purebred Golden could have emotional issues that could lead to physical trauma. As a pup, at a breeders outside kennel, Kate went thru a prolonged evening of severe thunderstorms. From that day forward, she reacted with such fear that she eventually had to be sedated during ANY storms, and then even fireworks; My two pre-teen boys fighting began to set her off as well.From sudden trembling fear, a year later she would go into an epileptic fit. These fits finally took her life after 3 years. The dog was definitely wrapped too tight, since even keeping her in our bed AND sedating her eventually wasn't good enough for her emotional well being. Our Black Lab mix J.T. is lazy, clueless and has become a 145lb. house dog because his outside whining seduced the kids. Emotionally, he's a normal dog. Whines about chasing rabbits as he sleeps. Looks at me when the thunder rattles the house with a WTF look.But Kate was alot prettier.

Plutodog

All Dogz Worthy

Post by Plutodog »

Chilidog

All Dogz Worthy

Post by Chilidog »

One of my dogs threw up in the hall last night. I found it this morning when I stepped in it in my bare feet.

ducktape

All Dogz Worthy

Post by ducktape »

One of my dogs threw up in the hall last night. I found it this morning when I stepped in it in my bare feet.Now, if you had catz, you would be aware that that was always a possibility.

Chilidog

All Dogz Worthy

Post by Chilidog »

One of my dogs threw up in the hall last night. I found it this morning when I stepped in it in my bare feet.Now, if you had catz, you would be aware that that was always a possibility.been there, done that as well.

Whatever4

All Dogz Worthy

Post by Whatever4 »

[link]You haz a magic dog! It made fud!,http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2 ... cepts.html[/link]
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Sugar Magnolia

All Dogz Worthy

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

[link]You haz a magic dog! It made fud!,http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2 ... cepts.html[/link]That made me snort black cherry ice cream through my nose. I didn't even know that was possible until now.

RTH10260

All Dogz Worthy

Post by RTH10260 »

ObjectiveDoubter

All Dogz Worthy

Post by ObjectiveDoubter »

[link]You haz a magic dog! It made fud!,http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2 ... cepts.html[/link]That made me snort black cherry ice cream through my nose. I didn't even know that was possible until now.I laughed so hard, my boss thought I was crying!

kate520

All Dogz Worthy

Post by kate520 »

Ditto. Thanks, W4!
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Jez

All Dogz Worthy

Post by Jez »

OMG RTH! That is so my dogs when they get bathed. They look like I'm torturing them. LOLOL
I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

~Khalil Gibran

insomnia

All Dogz Worthy

Post by insomnia »

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/721496/thumbs ... 570.jpg?4I saw this on-line and thought it was funny. I wish my dog was that good with treats. My dog always inhales half my hand along with the biscuit. :lol:

TollandRCR

All Dogz Worthy

Post by TollandRCR »

On July 25, 2012, an Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife wolf biologist on a survey for wolf pups took this video of a Snake River wolf pack pup howling. The video was taken in the Summit Ridge area within the Snake River Wildlife Management Unit, in Wallowa County.In the video, the pup howls three times. A low returning howl is heard and the pup gets up. Then, other members of the wolf pack (not seen in the video) return the pup's howls.Wolves are highly social animals and howling is a common behavior that help packs communicate and stay together. Wolf howls can be heard from several miles away.More information on wolves in Oregon can be found at http://www.dfw.state.or.us/wolves.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Plutodog

All Dogz Worthy

Post by Plutodog »

Patagoniagirl

All Dogz Worthy

Post by Patagoniagirl »

We lost two dogs in close sucession and I was sooo not ready to have another. The pain of losing a dog last much longer than I imagined. So, when my Mista came home with a chubby German Shepherd (a breed I was also not keen on)' well...whatcha gonna do? He named her Marnie after one his favorite Hitchcock movies. I call her Marnie Fife. Sometimes on rainy evenings we sit on the front porch with her and watch while she shreds a cardboard box. In the mornings, a previously untamed wild cat comes to the back door to "invite" her out and they get on the patio couch and fuss with each other. Each morning at 7 am, like clockworks, the cat comes and meows, Marnie Fife hops off the bed and races to the back porch door. I also had to move the fridge so the door opening side is against the wall because she figured out how to wedge it open. Our lives are upside down and it's alot of work, but I wouldn't trade the aggravation or joy for anything.

Plutodog

All Dogz Worthy

Post by Plutodog »

Plutodog

All Dogz Worthy

Post by Plutodog »

Anuder gud dawg

TollandRCR

All Dogz Worthy

Post by TollandRCR »

Andrew Sullivan sends a Happy 5th Anniversary Instagram to his husband, "ever-sane and long-suffering."
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Estiveo

All Dogz Worthy

Post by Estiveo »

So, Wednesday morning we had an unusual thunderstorm here in my little corner of inland central coast Orlyfornia. I needed to go to the bank and while heading out to my ride I saw an obviously panic-stricken little white goggie running down the street. I tried to lure it over, but it just kept running.I got in my car and headed out, only to find the same little white goggie running up a much busier street...but motorists were slowing down and stopping and trying to get the goggie to come over and be safe...no joy, goggie keeps running, hangs a right, and I lose the pup.Today, I take Mom to her weekly hairdresser appointment and, on the reception counter is a lost dog flyer...with several pics of the poor goggie I saw running away from a thunderstorm on Wednesday morning.I called the number, told the nice lady what I saw and what direction and neighborhoods her pup was running towards. She said they'd be canvassing this rather large, rural, area within the hour.I didn't find the goggie, but I at least knew where she was and the general direction she was headed Wednesday morning.For the record, she's a sweet little Maltese named Lola. I hope her humans find her. Fingers crossed, peeps.
Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”