Volkonski

Re: All Dogz Worthy

Post by Volkonski »

:eek2:
ABC13 Houston
@abc13houston
·
20m
Dog owners 78% more likely to catch COVID-19, new study finds http://abc13.co/32Xv4rp

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

I love that video1 :lovestruck:

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Wow!

Avatar: LDIT's Court FAILS. Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring titular Mama June returns 3/21. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I bet that's fake.

Lani

Post by Lani »

Chilidog wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:05 pm I bet that's fake.
The Florida Wildlife Federation has a camera on that area. It discovered the puppy rescue when reviewing the video weeks later. Here's a longer video about the rescue -
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/21/us/puppy ... index.html

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

the First Dog elect

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, and 4 granddogs and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"Why Iron-man and why not Fe-male? This joke is not for everyone." - Monde Mobsinner Bakaqana to The Science Nerds on Twitter.
kate520

Post by kate520 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:14 am Hubby says there’s a reason old folks shouldn’t have babies-not enough energy! We had our two 10 years apart. Hubby was 31, then 41. I was 28, then 38. Having the second was like running a marathon you had not trained for.
Ha! Apt analogy!

I was 46 when Sprout, my only, was born. At least I had company ...none of the first time moms in my mommy-friend group was under 30.

Sleep research says sleep deficit is one of our major problems as a society and we don’t even realize it. Not just new moms but everyone who is trying to cram all of modern life’s enticements into their own lives because they can.

Making up that deficit requires a 1-1 replacement. One hour of sleep for every hour you missed. Thank gods for the pandemic! I’m about half-way caught up!

(Not true, actually. I've started a whole new weird sleep cycle).

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, and 4 granddogs and one grandcat.

kate520 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:26 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:14 am Hubby says there’s a reason old folks shouldn’t have babies-not enough energy! We had our two 10 years apart. Hubby was 31, then 41. I was 28, then 38. Having the second was like running a marathon you had not trained for.
Ha! Apt analogy!

I was 46 when Sprout, my only, was born. At least I had company ...none of the first time moms in my mommy-friend group was under 30.

Sleep research says sleep deficit is one of our major problems as a society and we don’t even realize it. Not just new moms but everyone who is trying to cram all of modern life’s enticements into their own lives because they can.

Making up that deficit requires a 1-1 replacement. One hour of sleep for every hour you missed. Thank gods for the pandemic! I’m about half-way caught up!

(Not true, actually. I've started a whole new weird sleep cycle).
Sleep? What's that?

Hubby joked since we had kids when I was 28 and 38, then we should shoot for 48! Ha! That didn't happen. I got spayed before then.

"Why Iron-man and why not Fe-male? This joke is not for everyone." - Monde Mobsinner Bakaqana to The Science Nerds on Twitter.
RVInit

All Dogz Worthy

Post by RVInit »

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
AndyinPA

All Dogz Worthy

Post by AndyinPA »

Love it! I've seen videos before of dogs sledding on their own. So cool!

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
RVInit

All Dogz Worthy

Post by RVInit »

Cutest service doggie.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
Lani

All Dogz Worthy

Post by Lani »

I started checking on We Rate Dogs a couple of years ago just because it's dorky and silly. It's a tranquilizer for me.

It was featured this week on CBS Sunday. The guy who created it still looks like he's 16. He's also very successful. I'm looking forward to his Dogs of 2020 video.

I confess to being a cat person, although Ted has done his best to change me. I have given him a special exemption because he's a very good boy.

Whatever4

All Dogz Worthy

Post by Whatever4 »

I JUST CAME ACROSS THE MOST ADORABLE PEER-REVIEWED RESEARCH I HAVE EVER SEEN AND HAD TO MAKE A THREAD ABOUT IT HAVE AN AMAZING WEEKEND!!!!

Every intro to cognitive psychology course has at least one chapter where we ask how people know that dogs are dogs - after all, they look so different from each other.

This research one-ups our question and asks: HOW DO DOGS KNOW THAT OTHER DOGS ARE DOGS?? :snippity:

To summarize:
1. All dogs are good dogs.
2. Some dogs are also useful for identifying if another dog is a dog.
3. Every single one of us has chosen the wrong career path except for the authors of this study.
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1337 ... stVNTj5JRw

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)
spiduh

All Dogz Worthy

Post by spiduh »

2AB5801C-2A6D-44A1-B4D6-52E2E202D22A.jpeg
D7912140-6403-4DE4-9A8C-79E233C86099.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“If they kill me, grab my phone.” –Ammon Bundy (Reuters)
"Yes, I Did Turn the Flying Monkeys Loose!" -Anna von Reitz (FB)
RTH10260

All Dogz Worthy

Post by RTH10260 »

:lol: quartered and drawn - maybe not in the traditional medivial order :lol:

Lani

All Dogz Worthy

Post by Lani »

Apparently Trumpers didn't like those photos & got the account suspended. But it's back!
usadog.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tiredretiredlawyer

All Dogz Worthy

https://www.treehugger.com/meet-treehug ... es-5092129
Meet the Treehugger Puppies (and Learn Their Names)
There were so many good nature-themed suggestions.

Our staff pored over the ideas, picked our favorites and then forwarded them to the team at Speak! St. Louis, where these three adorable Australian shepherd puppies are from.

Meet Attie, Kuruk, and Bernard.

The three fluffy puppy polar bears now have monikers inspired by real names for bears. Attie is a Gaelic name that means "strong as a bear." Kuruk is a Pawnee name for bear. (That's him in the photo above.) And Bernard is of Germanic origin, meaning "brave as a bear."

We don’t know for sure yet exactly what is going on with these puppies. Attie doesn't appear to be able to hear at all and Bernard has vision loss in one eye.

Kuruk and Bernard appear to be responding to some sounds. While some deaf dogs can hear different pitches, whether they can hear human voice will determine if they need to learn sign commands.

I’ve fostered two blind and deaf dogs, three deaf dogs, and one blind dog. They either learn from hand signals, voice commands, or touch.

Many people feel sorry for them, but there's no reason for sympathy. That's their normal and they navigate the world impeccably. Sure, they might bounce off a few walls or not come when called. But my own rescue dog often doesn't come when called and I'm absolutely certain he hears me.
2BF2FCEC-6BB7-4E85-9344-7A2372992BC1.jpeg

AndyinPA

All Dogz Worthy

Post by AndyinPA »

spiduh wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:24 am 2AB5801C-2A6D-44A1-B4D6-52E2E202D22A.jpegD7912140-6403-4DE4-9A8C-79E233C86099.jpeg
I have a friend whose dog is on her third one. :rotflmao:

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

All Dogz Worthy

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:15 am https://www.treehugger.com/meet-treehug ... es-5092129
While some deaf dogs can hear different pitches, whether they can hear human voice will determine if they need to learn sign commands.
My former next-door neighbors had a deaf dog. After observing her for a while, I have a theory that all dogs, including deaf ones, can hear the word "Cookie."

spiduh

All Dogz Worthy

Post by spiduh »

JohnPCapitalist wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:57 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:15 am https://www.treehugger.com/meet-treehug ... es-5092129
While some deaf dogs can hear different pitches, whether they can hear human voice will determine if they need to learn sign commands.
My former next-door neighbors had a deaf dog. After observing her for a while, I have a theory that all dogs, including deaf ones, can hear the word "Cookie."
In a previous life, I was part of running a large breed dog rescue. We ended up adopting a number of blind, deaf, and blind and deaf dogs, as they were difficult to find homes for and we were big softies. I've had dogs that were deaf as a post, but more often it seemed like there were frequencies they could hear? Or something, I dunno. Like we had one, a boxer, that could "hear" cars pulling up in the driveway from across the house. She would start barking like crazy at nothing I could hear, until someone walked in the door. Oh, that's the other thing about deaf dogs, they can't hear themselves, so the barking volume tends to be, well, deafening. I trained her in obedience with sign language, she was smart. Whenever she didn't want to do whatever the command was, she would look down or away and pretend she hadn't seen it. Little stinker. I miss her.

“If they kill me, grab my phone.” –Ammon Bundy (Reuters)
"Yes, I Did Turn the Flying Monkeys Loose!" -Anna von Reitz (FB)
Whatever4

All Dogz Worthy

Post by Whatever4 »

My Ellie was deaf in her last years. She obviously thought it was a GREAT thing. No more traffic noises, people in the hall, or fireworks. Plus we no longer yelled at her!

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)
Estiveo

All Dogz Worthy

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image Image
Lani

All Dogz Worthy

Post by Lani »

The Dogs of 2020. Enjoy 6 minutes of smiling.

AndyinPA

All Dogz Worthy

Post by AndyinPA »

:lovestruck:

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”