"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Maybenaut

Re: All Dogz Worthy

Post by Maybenaut »

:brokenheart:

:bighug:
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

Yeah. That. :cry:
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Oh yikes, GG. You've had more than your share of losing lovable goggies. I'm sorry to hear about this one, too.
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!

(Fogbow on PayPal)

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

GreatGrey wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:22 am
This is Dillon, our #2 dog in terms of time. Just got bad diagnosis, heart based hemanglosarcoma, a cancer of the blood vessels. Very aggressive, it’s gotten to her lungs & heart. Maybe 3 weeks to live.

I’m gonna be crying a lot.

E514AFEB-D326-4636-8151-716F31A39150.jpeg

Miss Meh

Post by Miss Meh »

GreatGrey wrote:
This is Dillon, our #2 dog in terms of time. Just got bad diagnosis, heart based hemanglosarcoma, a cancer of the blood vessels. Very aggressive, it’s gotten to her lungs & heart. Maybe 3 weeks to live.

E514AFEB-D326-4636-8151-716F31A39150.jpeg
So sorry Great Grey, she's beautiful.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:brokenheart:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.
- https://legaldictionary.net/19th-amendment/

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

:bighug: :grouphug:
Image Image Image Image Image

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

:brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart:
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

:(
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Lani

Post by Lani »

GreatGrey, I'm so sorry. I'm old now, but I remember all my critters. And I still love them and miss them. My child is an only child, so I surrounded him with critters. He picked his first cat when he was 2. Not the same as having a sibling, but he loved kitty. And we added more critters on his birthdays.

My sweet Pres. Roosevelt, aka Teddy, isn't doing well. He had symptoms like my beloved golden retriever when a particularly viscous cancer for that breed occurred. Heartbreaking. I should have taken Ted to the vet sooner, but I didn't for a week because I was so scared. I was also looking for a female vet b/c Ted had been abused by men. The clinic with two women vets and mostly female attendants wanted me to pay for a 2 hour interview before Ted could be a patient. Okay, not.

I took him to our regular vet - who discounts for seniors- for help, thank gawd. It turned out that he needed thyroid supplements. He improved in many ways and was happier. He lost a lot of weight, now 66 lbs - and eats normally. But he still had weak back legs which became even more obvious. He is now on a NSAID for arthritis, which is helping. First thing in the morning when I wake up, I give him his meds. By the time I go to work, he's able to get up and go outside before I leave for work.

If that works, good. Hip dyspepsia is a possibility if things don't get better. I hope that isn't necessary. I had 3 orthopedic surgeries in 53 weeks, and I just wanted to die. I don't want my dog to suffer like I did. * Just after I typed this, Ted jumped off my bed and went outside! Looks like his pills are helping! *

Loving our furbabies is hard. Choices are hard. But I can't imagine a life without them.
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray »

GreatGrey wrote:

I'm so sorry!

Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants... :thor:

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I'm glad Teddy's doing better!
Lani wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:07 am
Loving our furbabies is hard. Choices are hard. But I can't imagine a life without them.
:yeah:
Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants... :thor:

Lani

Post by Lani »

GreatGrey, I think of you often and send you love to help you through this difficult time. :bighug:

Regarding Pres.Roosevelt, aka Ted, he was doing well on NSAID, but I was told to cut the dosage in half in one to two weeks, and then drop it again to 1/4. I worried about that. It was so wonderful to see his pain reduced. Then I remembered how much CBD helped me, which I learned about it because of friends with children who had hundreds of seizures every.god.damn.day. They had to move to states that allowed neurologists to use it and shared what they learned with me.

I started looking for veterinarians who used it. Surprisingly, quite a few. THC and dogs are not a good fit, but CBD is. Lots of dogs with anxiety or freaked out by fireworks and such are being helped. I got some info about reliable distributors. If you're looking into this, take care because there's a lot of CBD junk on the internet. For example, much of it is cheap CBD from hemp SEEDS. The seeds have almost no CBD.

So I picked a lab and ordered both chewies and oil, in case Ted didn't like one or the other. He's now on reduced meds and a week into CBD. I'm surprised at the change. It's not just that he moves more comfortably. He wags his tail with happiness. He rolls around on the bed with joy. He boops me with his nose, tries to steal my food, and acts like the goofy, smartypants dog he was when we first bonded. I was so scared about Ted's future, but now its looking good.

He eats the chewy treats only if no other treat is available. If you want to try it, I'll mail the remaining treats to to you. He loves the salmon tasting oil A LOT. I squirt it om his dry food. Today I filled his bowl and he gave me major stink eye because I forgot the oil. :oops:

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Lani wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:19 am
GreatGrey, I think of you often and send you love to help you through this difficult time. :bighug:

Regarding Pres.Roosevelt, aka Ted, he was doing well on NSAID, but I was told to cut the dosage in half in one to two weeks, and then drop it again to 1/4. I worried about that. It was so wonderful to see his pain reduced. Then I remembered how much CBD helped me, which I learned about it because of friends with children who had hundreds of seizures every.god.damn.day. They had to move to states that allowed neurologists to use it and shared what they learned with me.

I started looking for veterinarians who used it. Surprisingly, quite a few. THC and dogs are not a good fit, but CBD is. Lots of dogs with anxiety or freaked out by fireworks and such are being helped. I got some info about reliable distributors. If you're looking into this, take care because there's a lot of CBD junk on the internet. For example, much of it is cheap CBD from hemp SEEDS. The seeds have almost no CBD.

So I picked a lab and ordered both chewies and oil, in case Ted didn't like one or the other. He's now on reduced meds and a week into CBD. I'm surprised at the change. It's not just that he moves more comfortably. He wags his tail with happiness. He rolls around on the bed with joy. He boops me with his nose, tries to steal my food, and acts like the goofy, smartypants dog he was when we first bonded. I was so scared about Ted's future, but now its looking good.

He eats the chewy treats only if no other treat is available. If you want to try it, I'll mail the remaining treats to to you. He loves the salmon tasting oil A LOT. I squirt it om his dry food. Today I filled his bowl and he gave me major stink eye because I forgot the oil. :oops:
Are you willing to share the name of the lab? Maybedog could probably use CBD. He’s getting up there and we’d like to make him comfortable. And Dibs on your remaining treats (I’ll Pm you my address). Thanks so much!!!!
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

GG

:bighug: :crying: :crying: :bighug:
Hubs (and me) at the Rockabilly Fest
ImageImageImage x4

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

A Dillon update.

We got her into a veterinary oncologist a few days after our vet made the diagnosis.

At first he wasn't very optimistic, and gave us pretty much the same prognosis we already had. But then he took a look at stuff for himself, and Dillon got another ultrasound scan.

Surprisingly, the pericardial sac was empty, meaning the tumor on her heart hadn't leaked any more. That meant we might have some time to treat the cancer. I was all for that, told him we've had way too much experience with cancer in my family, but somehow we all seem to get better. Mom had breast cancer diagnosed in '72, was given 5 years, and died 30 years later. Hidey the cat was given 4 months, lived another 7. And then me, just starting my 6th year.

So, she got a dose of chemo, doxorubicin. The thinking is we can knock down the nodules in her lungs and buy time. And if she hangs in long enough for a repeat dose, well... we might just beat this.

She's taking pills, she hates pills. The worst is some Chinese herbal thing, Yunnan Baiyao. It's supposed to stop bleeding, but it smells awful.

And she's wearing shirts to cover up the bare spots where she's been shaved for "procedures". The DFH stands for Dirty Fucking Hippie.

Anyway, it took a week to shake off the ChemoHead, and she's like her old self today.
26959B72-E3A6-4E23-8FB8-CD0444F601FA.jpeg
B7BCF903-CE91-41FE-B1DD-1A42D14AB7C3.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Us dirty fucking hippies gotta stick together. You go, girlfriend! :dance:
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

Dat face! :lovestruck:
Image Image Image Image Image

Lani

Post by Lani »

:boxing: :bunny: :happyfamily:

qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Beautiful doggie GG!

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

My best to you both.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:lovestruck: :happyfamily:

I'm hoping for the best! She looks so sweet.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”