All Dogz Worthy

RoadScholar

Re: All Dogz Worthy

Post by RoadScholar »

So sorry your time with Spartacus has come to an end.

Sounds like you both really enjoyed the time you had. :bighug:

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

:brokenheart:

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

DryInk, I am so sorry. I have no doubt that you gave Spartacus the best life a doggie could hope for. It is so sad that our doggies and kitties don't live as long as we do. Safe travels over the Rainbow Bridge, Spartacus! You are clearly cherished.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Saying goodbye to a good Boi is hard.

:brokenheart:

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

I’m so sorry for your loss. :brokenheart: :bighug:

"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Happy National Dog Day to all you dog owners and lovers!

Joe Biden: "Wearing masks is not a political statement. It's a scientific imperative."

It’s the pandemic, stupid!
RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

Wowsers! :bunny:

X3
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Wasn’t there a picture of Lt. Root Beer at the controls of a helicopter? Need it for nefarious porpoises.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)
RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

IMG_1638.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

X3
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

RoadScholar wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:24 pm IMG_1638.JPG
Perfect, thanks!

-- Sen. King (I-ME)
Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

Screenshot_20200910_120342.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Image Image Image Image Image
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:rotflmao: It took me a few seconds, then my huge laugh scared my poor cat. I'm not sure where she went. :lol:

--- George W Bush

ImageImage
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I'm not a dog owner, but my brother's family has a Corgi and my sister-in-law posted a warning on Facebook today. Apparently there was some sugar-free gum on the floor which their Corgi ate. The first ingredient of the gum is Xylitol which is highly toxic to dogs. They called the Pet Poison Hotline, and used their suggestion of forcing their dog to drink hydrogen peroxide to make it vomit. That didn't work so they took their dog to the Emergency Vet Clinic where he stayed overnight and was monitored for life-threatening hypoglycemia. The good news is that he's back home today, safe and sound.

Anyway, maybe all of you know this, but I didn't so I thought I would share.

Joe Biden: "Wearing masks is not a political statement. It's a scientific imperative."

It’s the pandemic, stupid!
JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:01 pm I'm not a dog owner, but my brother's family has a Corgi and my sister-in-law posted a warning on Facebook today. Apparently there was some sugar-free gum on the floor which their Corgi ate. The first ingredient of the gum is Xylitol which is highly toxic to dogs. They called the Pet Poison Hotline, and used their suggestion of forcing their dog to drink hydrogen peroxide to make it vomit. That didn't work so they took their dog to the Emergency Vet Clinic where he stayed overnight and was monitored for life-threatening hypoglycemia. The good news is that he's back home today, safe and sound.

I've had several corgis. The breed is often quite food-aggressive. When I lived in Manhattan, Olivia would turn into a fur-covered barracuda on our walks. She could grab some morsel of food off the sidewalk and wolf it down before I could figure out what was happening. We typically had 3-4 vet visits every year because of the inflammation of her gut from whatever she ate -- runs, foaming at the mouth, yakking up bile, etc.

I didn't know about sugarless gum, but I'm glad your brother's corgi is OK.

Foggy
Avatar: Silly engineers have been using 3D printers to make Godzilla arms for chickens.

Post by Foggy »

We had a golden retriever and an Irish setter when I was in high school who managed to escape many times and ravage the neighborhood trash cans. They'd vomit up pieces of tin foil and all kinds of crap. They never needed medical attention for it, though. I'm surprised that corgis are susceptible to sugarless gum.

One time, our golden retriever horked up a smoke bomb on our living room floor. Then she gave us a big grin and wandered off for a nap. :crazy:

I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

We have a few dogs in our neighborhood. Everyone knows them because the owner lets them roam off-leash.

So it's often an on-going joke when I hang out with neighbors. "Were is Louie?"

Louie, Kenny, and Jack... they are like 5-10 pound pups.

They are always acting hungry. Starving. And everyone in the neighborhood buys them treats. They are beggars. And they are not hungry because their owner has a dehydrator that is only used for them. He uses it to make chicken breast strips. Not for the people, only his dogs.

I buy treats for the dogs.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Our new doggie, Pancake, lurves ANYTHING she can get in her mouth, including turtles. She just wants to play with the turtles, not eat them. Since her occupancy we have learned of the wildlife habitat in our backyard and side lots - specifically tiny toads and box turtles. She caught an ornate turtle and a three toed turtle which are indigenous to Arkansas. I set the world sprint record for old ladies chasing after her TWICE to release the turtles. Once I ran up the 30 degree grade in our yard, the second time, I ran down then up the deck stairs and through the house yelling for Hubby's help. Having an 18 month old doggie has forced some interesting exercises.

She sets off her turtle alarm when she discovers one. It ranges from a "Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!" bark to a "Why won't you play with me? I'm just a girl who wants to have fun! " high-pitched, stacatto yap.

Oh, and she loves chewing on books.

A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
August 26 was proclaimed Women's Equality Day in 1972 by Richard Nixon. August 26, 1920, was date the 19th Amendment was confirmed by the Secretary of State and became law.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Our neighbors just got a golden doodle puppy. Cute as a button.

They have no idea what they are in for.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:19 am Our new doggie, Pancake, lurves ANYTHING she can get in her mouth, including turtles. She just wants to play with the turtles, not eat them. Since her occupancy we have learned of the wildlife habitat in our backyard and side lots - specifically tiny toads and box turtles. She caught an ornate turtle and a three toed turtle which are indigenous to Arkansas. I set the world sprint record for old ladies chasing after her TWICE to release the turtles. Once I ran up the 30 degree grade in our yard, the second time, I ran down then up the deck stairs and through the house yelling for Hubby's help. Having an 18 month old doggie has forced some interesting exercises.

She sets off her turtle alarm when she discovers one. It ranges from a "Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!" bark to a "Why won't you play with me? I'm just a girl who wants to have fun! " high-pitched, stacatto yap.

Oh, and she loves chewing on books.
:lol: Nothing like a puppy to help you get in shape, whether you planned or not.

--- George W Bush

ImageImage
HeatherGray

Post by HeatherGray »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:01 pm I'm not a dog owner, but my brother's family has a Corgi and my sister-in-law posted a warning on Facebook today. Apparently there was some sugar-free gum on the floor which their Corgi ate. The first ingredient of the gum is Xylitol which is highly toxic to dogs. They called the Pet Poison Hotline, and used their suggestion of forcing their dog to drink hydrogen peroxide to make it vomit. That didn't work so they took their dog to the Emergency Vet Clinic where he stayed overnight and was monitored for life-threatening hypoglycemia. The good news is that he's back home today, safe and sound.

I won't have anything with xylitol in the house.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Time for a swim!

--- George W Bush

ImageImage
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Cute! :lovestruck:

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:winner:

A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
August 26 was proclaimed Women's Equality Day in 1972 by Richard Nixon. August 26, 1920, was date the 19th Amendment was confirmed by the Secretary of State and became law.
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Maybedog on jumping into the water to swim with a dolphin (or for any other reason):

Nope.

"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”