All Dogz Worthy

Lani

Re: All Dogz Worthy

Post by Lani »

I found this photo of Major & Biden. I remember when he rescued Major and posed for the photo to help other dogs that need a forever home, but forgot how huge this good doggo is!
Major.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

We may be welcoming a rescue dog to our home. The Kid and his Lady found a year old female while walking his three rescues. They are searching for owners. No luck yet. The Lady named her Pancake.

We meet new doggie briefly tonight. Hubby has been wanting another dog as our only dog Mickey is getting older. He wants Mickey to help train the new dog.

Our concern is that Siri Cat is very happy and has enjoyed a warm existence with gentle Mickey (and before, Mickey and Sugar). She and Mickey kiss every day. Siri gets along with granddogs Beo and Eve who lived here before The Kid moved out. Granddogs Littles and Nemo, however, are from hunting breeds and are reactive to her. No animals have been harmed thus far - some hisses, a few surprises and one chase.

The Kid's Lady thinks Pancake is part German Shepherd (obvious from her looks) and maybe beagle. It's the beagle part that concerns me. Littles is part beagle.

If we foster her any suggestions from the boogle dog experts?
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
August 26 was proclaimed Women's Equality Day in 1972 by Richard Nixon. August 26, 1920, was date the 19th Amendment was confirmed by the Secretary of State and became law.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I like how red his face gets towards the end.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

We adopted Pancake. She is as sweet as her name and full of puppy energy and good spirits. I am trying to attach a picture but am having size issues.
August 26 was proclaimed Women's Equality Day in 1972 by Richard Nixon. August 26, 1920, was date the 19th Amendment was confirmed by the Secretary of State and became law.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Hurry, please.

Am in serious need of puppy pics today
Tiredretiredlawyer

Miss Pancake
IMG_0742.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Yay for Pancake! Now you need a Biscuit, a Waffle, and...Eggs!
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
Tiredretiredlawyer

RVInit wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:17 am Yay for Pancake! Now you need a Biscuit, a Waffle, and...Eggs!
Nice thought. One toddler is enough for right now.

The name fits her!
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Today we had a visit from a new puppy friend, a 12-week old Livestock Guardian Dog. His name is Rubeus and he’s amazingly calm. He’s definitely a farm critter so the city was a big step. Cars, people, dogs, seagulls, concrete, and brick everywhere. Only barked once in an hour of comings and goings. (And that was at a tiny 3-legged dog and a lab who wanted to play but weren’t allowed to. City dogs are different.)

He radiates calming energy. He’s mega soft and fluffy. He has HUGE paws. He doesn’t drool. We are in love.

As a LGD, his role is to hang out with sheep and protect them. The dogs look like the sheep they watch. Unlike a border Collie, for example, Rubeus won’t herd the sheep or intimidate them. He also won’t kill threats like coyotes. He’ll drive them off instead. As sheep are pretty flighty, an LGD must exude calm and confidence and not spook his charges but be alert to every possible threat.

The breeder chose dogs for trustworthiness, calm, and confidence. Rubeus is a mix of breeds, mostly Great Pyrénées and Karakachan, with a bit of Komondor and a few other guardians thrown in. He’s already good with chickens and rabbits, dogs, people, pretty much everything. Unlike most puppies, he’s not hyper and trying to jump on people.

Enough of the lecture, here’s some puppy pics!
6C499F5C-27B3-4512-9D5E-719F71C6F4B6.jpeg
669D8E42-EDF1-4AD6-8B03-D76D5CA82656.jpeg
78754A4C-6A90-4241-A759-9719C8F7C575.jpeg
54DFEB49-5793-461D-BB67-967F0F12A4CB.jpeg
71E02ADD-3356-43F5-A958-730B41754E0B.jpeg
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)
Lani

Post by Lani »

:lovestruck: Beautiful doggie! Bet he'll be a very big good doggie soon.

Not to hijack, but anyway.... My sweet Ted had another blood test. His platelets are scoring well! His steroids are being reduced, he's losing some weight, and he's not as aggressive about being patted, belly rubbed, taken for RIDES!!! in the CAR!!!, and demanding treats. My goofy boy is back!
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Lani wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:54 am :lovestruck: Beautiful doggie! Bet he'll be a very big good doggie soon.

Not to hijack, but anyway.... My sweet Ted had another blood test. His platelets are scoring well! His steroids are being reduced, he's losing some weight, and he's not as aggressive about being patted, belly rubbed, taken for RIDES!!! in the CAR!!!, and demanding treats. My goofy boy is back!
:thumbs: :cheer:

Wonderful news!
Joe Biden: "Wearing masks is not a political statement. It's a scientific imperative."

It’s the pandemic, stupid!
Lani

Post by Lani »

Thanks. I've been so distressed about losing him. The last drug that might help him is not tolerated by most dogs, but now it's saving his life. I'm so glad to still have him with me.
RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

Ho'omaika'i 'ana. Pomaika'i! :thumbs:
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I love Rubeus! He has huge paws, going to be a big one.

And YAY TED! So happy he's back to normal. Yay, Lani, too! And Whatever4 and family! :cheer1: :cheer: :bunny:
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Lani wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:42 am Thanks. I've been so distressed about losing him. The last drug that might help him is not tolerated by most dogs, but now it's saving his life. I'm so glad to still have him with me.
:clap: :lovestruck: :thumbs: :bighug:
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

RVInit wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:04 pm I love Rubeus! He has huge paws, going to be a big one.

And YAY TED! So happy he's back to normal. Yay, Lani, too! And Whatever4 and family! :cheer1: :cheer: :bunny:
:yeah:
Tiredretiredlawyer

RVInit wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:04 pm I love Rubeus! He has huge paws, going to be a big one.

HOOOOOORRRRRRRAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY! Doggos and Rubeus! Good FriYAY pics and posts!
DryInk

Post by DryInk »

Sorry for the sad news, but I made the difficult decision to have my boy Spartacus euthanized this past Saturday. He has been on arthritis medication for several months, and last week his legs were unable to support his weight. He was a “good boi” for the past 15 years. There wasn’t a person or animal that he didn’t want to run up to, while excitedly wagging his tail, and sneeze on them. :)

"See you in the next life, buddy."
Sekrit Stuffs!
spartacus_collection.jpg
Let's just assume I said something witty.
Tiredretiredlawyer

:crying: Good boy, Spartacus. Good boy!
Lani

Post by Lani »

:brokenheart:
Foggy
Avatar: Silly engineers have been using 3D printers to make Godzilla arms for chickens.

Post by Foggy »

Very sorry to read of your loss, DryInk. All good goggies go to heaven. :bighug:
I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Foggy wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:59 pm Very sorry to read of your loss, DryInk. All good goggies go to heaven. :bighug:
:yeah:
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

So sorry for your loss.

We had to put a golden down for arthritis. I didn't realize how much pain she had been in until after her face relaxed into peace. Your little friend is at peace now, too.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

So sorry for your loss, DryInk.
Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”