I'M RETIRING. GOODBYE SUCKERS!

Sterngard Friegen

Re: I'M RETIRING. GOODBYE SUCKERS!

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:28 am

Shit. :swoon:

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:31 am

Yabbut look at the bright side... you've been instructed to feel free. That's gotta count fer sumpin'. 8-)

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:36 am

vic wrote:I guess we were all wrong:

OK, not really :-D
Fun fact: that pile of cash is / was actually real, it was found a few years back in the hands of some South American narco guy :lol:

qbawl

Post by qbawl » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:41 am

RTH10260 wrote:
vic wrote:I guess we were all wrong:

OK, not really :-D
Fun fact: that pile of cash is / was actually real, it was found a few years back in the hands of some South American narco guy :lol:
:nooo: :nooo: Big Hands!

June bug

Post by June bug » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:50 am

From the e-mail Stern posted on April 12:
the President of the United State of America Donald Trump was represented at the meeting by his vice in person of Mike Pence at the meeting.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:33 am

:thumbs:

wavey davey

Post by wavey davey » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:30 pm

This is a refreshing change from your normal, run of the mill email scam.

Many of you know that I am a part time professional musician. Well, here's a scam targeted specifically at musicians. I googled it, and someone said that if you email the guy back, he eventually asks you for $$$.

andrequalimf@gmail.com

We are pleased to invite you to“EFG London Jazz Festival 2017

EFG LONDON JAZZ FESTIVAL 2017
friday 10 -- Sunday 19 November
+44 (0)0 27324 1880
http://Www.efglondonjazzfestival.org.uk

The EFG London Jazz Festival is the capital's biggest pan-city music festival, taking place annually in November, which has long been acclaimed for showcasing a heady mix of talent from around the world. Widely acknowledged for delivering world-class artists and emerging stars, the Festival continues to take jazz to a massive audience, in one of UK's landmark music events.

The festival was created in 1992 by live international music producers, Serious. The festival emerged from the long-standing Camden Jazz Week which was created in 1970; with the active support of the London Arts Board (now Arts Council England, London). Serious - who had for some years produced the Camden Jazz Week - engineered a transition that saw the evolution of the festival. Taking a mix of international and British artists and a commitment to education activity, the London Jazz Festival began to spread its wings. The aims of the festival still remain the same today; celebrating the place of jazz in a city which is at ease with its rich cultural diversity, and drawing in a multitude of venues across London who present the music, week in, week out, throughout the year.

The festival is produced by Serious, one of the UK’s leading producers and curators of live jazz, international and new music. Serious produces events that range from major concerts, festivals and national and international tours through to learning and participation programmes, conferences and specially commissioned bespoke events. Alongside its core role as a live music events producer, it works in artist and rights management. Alongside this exists the registered charity, Serious Trust, which has been established to support the next generation of artists and audiences through our artist development, learning and participation and commissioning programmes.

The EFG London Jazz Festival offers an exciting Learning & Participation programme which runs throughout the ten days, including specially commissioned performances, large-scale participation projects, talks & masterclasses, a full range of workshops for children and young people and family & schools concerts.

We are pleased to invite you to“EFG London Jazz Festival 2017” Scheduled from Friday 10th - Sunday 19th November 2017 @ LONDON Southbank Centre /Royal Festival Hall. Your band is expected to replace (Average White Band + LaSharVu) who due to some health reasons will not be able to make it/perform as planed.

The organization will allow you to present your work in the festival as well as collaborate with the organizers.Secondly you will be allowed to participate in our workshops,clinics, masterclasses and lectures as well.

DATE:
Friday 10 -- Sunday 19
Month: November
Year: 2017

VENUE:
LONDON Southbank Centre / Royal Festival Hall
UG/OG: Waterloo
Belvedere Road
London
SE1 8XX

The EFG London Jazz Festival shall provide the following:

1)Remuneration fee of £4,000 GBP =$5,171 Dollars.
2)Hotel Accommodation And Meals.
3)Round-trip Air- ticket to United Kingdom.
4)£2,000 GBP =$2,585 Dollars Advance Deposit Upon Signing The Contract Agreement.
5) Local Transportation Within UK.
6)Back Line Gear
•(Guitar Amplification, Effects, Drums, Cymbals and Misc.
• Percussion
• Devices, Bass Amplification, Instrument Microphones,
• Vocal
• Microphones, Cabling, Misc.Stage Setup, etc.)

Before we proceed further,kindly confirm the following information below to enable our lawyers prepare the contract agreement.

1)Stage Name
2)Contact Address And Contact Phone Number.
3)A Scanned Copy Of Your UK Working Permit Papers
4)Band Members Name.

performance Date/Time:
You are expected to perform(1) set approximately 30 minutes in length . Date: Saturday 11 November 2017, 7:30pm.

I look forward to hearing from you

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:21 pm

Scary, but when you ignore the verbiage it does read just like a Nigerian letter, just for an entirely different audience. I'm curious as to what the actual hook would be. Just for my own curiosity, is the £4,000 even remotely reasonable?

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

wavey davey

Post by wavey davey » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:05 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:Scary, but when you ignore the verbiage it does read just like a Nigerian letter, just for an entirely different audience. I'm curious as to what the actual hook would be. Just for my own curiosity, is the £4,000 even remotely reasonable?
No, £4,000 would be chump change for a band like Average White Band, which we would supposedly be standing in for.

For a band like mine, which is successful and popular in a regional niche market, £4,000 would be amazing, especially with all the other expenses covered. We often get $1000 for a performance (not including comp hotel rooms and meal vouchers), but almost never any more than that.

One of my musician friends and I were reflecting on that a while ago. We noted that we would typically get $1000 or so to play a wedding reception. 25 years later, it has not gone up.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:16 am

Visual artists get scam letters all the time too. Somebody wants to buy some piece of artwork for wife/mother/self but they are in the process of moving and need to have it shipped to their new home. They don't know the name of the piece they want, can't describe it, have no idea if it's even for sale, and want to buy anything else you have available that "goes" with it. Sadly, I know several artists who are so desperate to sell (either for the money or the recognition) that they've fallen for this. It was a huge scam about 5 years ago but seems to have trailed off a bit. Looks like they're going after the musicians now.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:57 pm

English is hard for scammers living in the FSU. No matter how hard they try. The lack of definite articles is fairly good evidence the author of this email is a Russian speaker. Grammar suffers, too. As well as the fact this was lifted from a legitimate AmEx email about its chip cards.
Account Information Email

Primary Card Holder(s) should act on this information.

We made improvements on card security approach. These recent improvements serve to reduce unusual activity that may arise from fraudulent use of card and also maintain our consistent cardmember satisfactory.

This mandates Cardmember to act on the instructions below.

As a security measure, your Card(s) will be deactivated 45 days from today if no action is taken.

Prompt Attention Required - See Below
- See Attached Secure Webpage File.
- To continue, Download and Open Page File.

Thank you for your continued Membership. We appreciate your prompt attention and hope you will enjoy your new Chip Card.

American Express Customer Care

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:22 pm

It takes a lot of effort to teach about definite and indefinite articles. Then you turn to something else. It is an interesting difference among languages; I have wondered whether it shows a fundamentally different way of thinking.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:17 pm

In a sense, yes, when you have a language with as many tenses and modes of voice as Russian, as well as many other languages, does, and verbs that don't quite translate the same way it is hard to go from the one to the other and make sense and it sticks out.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:21 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:In a sense, yes, when you have a language with as many tenses and modes of voice as Russian, as well as many other languages, does, and verbs that don't quite translate the same way it is hard to go from the one to the other and make sense and it sticks out.
Prepositions are another problem. That, articles and syntax are difficult for Russian speakers. Taitz, for one, didn't learn very much and her years in America and reading well written briefs (mine, for example, but I doubt she could comprehend them) have done nothing to improve anything she does.

Her pleadings still look and read like they were put together by an 8 year old with scissors, scotch tape and a dictionary for pre teens.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:36 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Notorial Dissent wrote:In a sense, yes, when you have a language with as many tenses and modes of voice as Russian, as well as many other languages, does, and verbs that don't quite translate the same way it is hard to go from the one to the other and make sense and it sticks out.
Prepositions are another problem. That, articles and syntax are difficult for Russian speakers. Taitz, for one, didn't learn very much and her years in America and reading well written briefs (mine, for example, but I doubt she could comprehend them) have done nothing to improve anything she does.

Her pleadings still look and read like they were put together by an 8 year old with scissors, scotch tape and a dictionary for pre teens.
I seriously doubt if her Russian is any better than her English or her Hebrew. I suspect she is only marginally literate or functional in at least three languages.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:06 am

There's always something scammers get wrong. This came in this morning:
FedEx

Sorry We Missed You!

Monday, October 16, 2017

HI, We have updated status of your FedEx Delivery GB8837498374829* as signature could not be collected at time of delivery. View attached Shipping label for more information. Details can also be viewed by logging in your FedEx Delivery Manager profile.

Shipment can also be picked up at your nearest FedEx location between 8:00AM - 6:00PM (CAT) a printed copy of shipping label and a valid government issued identification card will be required.

Delivery Shipping Label (e-copy): GB8837498374829*
Why the Central African time zone?

(* Click on me! Please click on me!!!)

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:54 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:06 am
There's always something scammers get wrong. This came in this morning:
FedEx

Sorry We Missed You!

Monday, October 16, 2017

HI, We have updated status of your FedEx Delivery GB8837498374829* as signature could not be collected at time of delivery. View attached Shipping label for more information. Details can also be viewed by logging in your FedEx Delivery Manager profile.

Shipment can also be picked up at your nearest FedEx location between 8:00AM - 6:00PM (CAT) a printed copy of shipping label and a valid government issued identification card will be required.

Delivery Shipping Label (e-copy): GB8837498374829*
Why the Central African time zone?

(* Click on me! Please click on me!!!)
They obviously meant California American Time.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:54 pm

Police arrest alleged 'Nigerian prince' email scammer in Louisiana

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 992073001/
Michael Neu, 67, faces 269 counts of wire fraud and money laundering after being taken into custody following an 18-month investigation, according to the Slidell Police Department. Police said Neu is suspected of being the scam's "middle man" who obtained money and "subsequently wired" funds to his co-conspirators in Nigeria.

According to the Federal Trade Commission, the phishing scam begins with an email purporting to be from a high-ranking Nigerian official who seeks financial assistance or personal information to retrieve an alleged inheritance.

Though the scheme is often the butt of late-night TV jokes, people have fallen victim to the scam, officials say.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:57 pm

Dear Fogbowzers:

This is to let you know that I will be absent for a some time while I enjoy the most recent addition to the stable of my horse powers!

Ha, now I can compete with :sterngard: also, too :lol:
DÉPARTEMENT DE LOTERIE BMW
5070 WILSHIRE BLVD
LOS ANGELES. CA 90036
LES ÉTATS-UNIS D'AMÉRIQUE.

REMARQUE: Si vous avez reçu ce message dans votre dossier SPAM / JUNK, c'est
en raison des restrictions mises en place par votre service Internet
Fournisseur, nous (BMW) vous exhortons à le traiter véritablement.

Cher gagnant (xxxxxxxxxx @ xxxxxx.ch),

Ceci pour vous informer que vous avez été sélectionné pour un prix d'un
nouvelle BMW Série 2018, modèle 2018
, et un chèque de
1 500 000 $ US
provenant des programmes de vote international tenus le
la 2e section aux ÉTATS-UNIS D'AMÉRIQUE.
Description du véhicule du prix
Modèle: 760Li Couleur (extérieur): Argent métallisé Kilométrage: 5
Transmission: Automatique 6 Vitesses
Options: Ensemble de temps froid, ensemble haut de gamme, sièges arrière rabattables
w / sac de ski, am fm stéréo avec lecteur de disque compact simple tableau de bord.

Le processus de sélection a été effectué par sélection aléatoire dans notre
système de sélection électronique de courrier électronique (ESS) à partir d'une base de données de plus de
250 000 adresses e-mail provenant de tous les continents du monde
lequel vous avez été sélectionné

La loterie BMW est approuvée par le British Gaming Board et également
autorisé par l'Association Internationale des Régulateurs de Jeu
(IAGR) .Pour commencer le traitement de votre prix, vous devez contacter notre
Département des réclamations fiduciaires pour plus d'informations sur les procédures
pour réclamer votre prix.

Agent fiduciaire: Mr. Steve Mark
Courriel du contact: stevemark58725 @ gmail.com

Contactez-le en lui fournissant votre code PIN secret
BMW: 255175HGDY03 / 23.En tant que sujet de votre email pour une réponse rapide

Vous êtes également conseillé de lui fournir les informations sous-énumérées
Dès que possible:

1. Nom complet:
2. Adresse résidentielle:
3. Nationalité:
4. Âge:
5. Sexe:
6. Occupation:
7. Téléphone direct:
8. Pays actuel:
9. Adresse email:
10. Numéro de code PIN BMW:
11. Une copie numérisée de votre permis de conduire

Notez que vous devez envoyer un courriel à M. Steve Mark.
Vous devez lui fournir les détails énumérés ci-dessus
dès que possible afin qu'il puisse commencer avec le traitement de votre prix
gains.

Mme Englert.
---------------------
LES PROMOTIONS DU DIRECTEUR
DÉPARTEMENT DE LOTERIE BMW
LES ÉTATS-UNIS D'AMÉRIQUE ...

*******************************************************************************************
The content of this email include MFC confidential and proprietary information.
Any unauthorized or inadvertent use of the content is strictly prohibited. Thank you!
http://www.mfc.com.tw
*******************************************************************************************
Interesting, now BMW in the USA speaks French with me when donating a free vehicle. Hope very much that shipping is included. And quite a real good company that their representative for this price uses a mere Google Gmail account. And even with his Gmail account he had to hijack the mail server of a Taiwanese company.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:18 pm

Brinks truck drops thousands of dollars on Indiana highway

State police say drivers clamored to pick up cash on an interstate in Indianapolis after the back doors of a Brinks armored truck swung open and hundreds of thousands of dollars flew out. Other people hopped over fences from nearby neighborhoods to run onto the road for cash.

State police spokesman Sgt. John Perrine says investigators don't know exactly how much cash was in the truck when its lost its load about 9 a.m. Wednesday on Interstate 70 on the city's southwest side. It was estimated to be $600,000 by one local media outlet.

Officers blocked traffic as they helped collect money from along the highway. Perrine says an undetermined amount remains unaccounted for as some drivers stopped to scoop up cash.

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/brinks-truck ... of-dollars

Pics at http://canoe.com/news/weird/free-money- ... na-highway

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri May 04, 2018 7:07 am

Just received some extra pocket money and want to share them with my Fogbowzer friends :liar:
From Douglas General <generaldouglasxxxxx@gmail.com>

MY DEAREST FRIEND ,

WITH GREAT GRATITUDE TO YOUR EFFORTS, I AM INFORMING YOU THAT I HAVE FINALLY SUCCEEDED IN TRANSFERRING THE FIFTEEN MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS TO THE BANK IN ITALY,WITH THE ASSISTANCE OF A PARAGUAY FRIEND,WHOM BASED ON AGREEMENT,HE RECEIVED 25% OF THE ENTIRE MONEY FOR HIS FINANCIAL INVOLVEMENT AND EFFORTS.

PRESENTLY I HAVE RELOCATED TO SOUTH KOREA, TO ESTABLISH THE ELECTRONIC COMPANY PROJECTS WITH MY OWN SHARE AS I HAVE EARLIER PROPOSED. NEVERTHELESS, I CANNOT FORGET YOU, ESPECIALLY YOUR HONEST EFFORTS, THOUGH IT DID NOT YIELD POSITIVE FRUIT,BUT I STILL APPRECIATE IT, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, MEANWHILE I HAVE A SURPRISE PACKAGE FOR YOU, NOW CONTACT MY SECRETARY IN COUNTRY (GHANA) HIS NAME IS FRANK ADOFO ,

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU CONTACT HIM ON HIS DIRECT PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL BELOW : +233237349999, EMAIL ADDRESS: (frankadofoxxxxx@gmail.com),

AND ASK HIM TO SEND YOU THE TOTAL OF $800,000 TO YOU WHICH I KEPT FOR YOUR COMPENSATION, I HAVE INSTRUCTED HIM TO DIRECT YOU ON HOW YOU WOULD RECEIVE THE SUM OF EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND USD IN A CASHIER CHECK WHICH I SET OUT FOR YOUR COMPENSATION, PLEASE I WANT YOU TO ACCEPT IT IN GOOD FAITH. I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOU DID AND I PRAY THAT WE WOULD MEET SOMEDAY, BUT RIGHT NOW, I AM VERY BUSY IN ESTABLISHING THE ELECTRONIC COMPANY PROJECTS, SO FEEL FREE AND GET IN TOUCH WITH MR FRANK ADOFO, I REMAIN YOUR BOSOM FRIEND.

BEST REGARD,
MR.DOUGLAS

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G » Fri May 04, 2018 7:13 am

Rats. Now I'm feeling left out. All I ever get is a free bottle of aspirin from Safeway.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri May 04, 2018 9:42 am

Bill_G wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 7:13 am
Rats. Now I'm feeling left out. All I ever get is a free bottle of aspirin from Safeway.
It's okay, Bill. We still luvs you. :lovestruck:

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Fri May 04, 2018 10:31 am

I'd rather have a bosom friend named Miss Douglas, thank you.

Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

DryInk

Post by DryInk » Fri May 04, 2018 2:06 pm

I need to start a variation of this thread titled, "GOODBYE SUCKERS, I'M GETTING MARRIED!" And in the thread I'll paste (minus the links) the e-mails I've received from "women" (scammers and porn sites) who have looked at my profile (never saying which profile) telling me how cute I am (well, duh). And that they want to meet me, and please click this (porn) link to see more of them.

Let's just assume I said something witty.

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”