No Catz but Kate's OK

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:53 pm

RVInit wrote:Great news about Cisco!

My own kitty seems to be doing really well, I can't see any signs of aging at all. She is 17 1/2 years old now, but she doesn't seem to show it at all. I am going to shop this weekend and buy her one of those stair thingys to put at the foot of the bed so she doesn't have to jump up and down. She's not showing any sign of hesitation when she jumps, but I just think it's about time for me to give her a less stressful way of getting up and down from the bed.
All of our animals love the stairs to our bed.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:41 pm

TollandRCR wrote:Some good news about a furbaby. Cisco did lose his left eye to glaucoma. However, his right eye is showing a pressure of 19, which is well within the normal range. He had a little UTI, but an antibiotic shot seems to have cleared that up. He makes his way around the house as if he has no disability, including leaping over things that have had the audacity to get in his way. :)
Yay, so glad to hear this, Tolland! Whiskers are amazing cat tools, almost as good as eyes. Wish I had some. :lol:

When I was 8 a peanut butter jar fell, lid-edge first, on the bridge of my nose from the top shelf of a cabinet two hours before my piano recital. For the next 30 years, I could always feel the changes in air pressure a day before rain. I imagine whiskers are something like that feeling.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:22 pm

Kendra wrote:Nice to have some good news for a change.
No kidding. I was afraid to look at this thread. Glad Cisco is doing better. :thumbs:

In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:38 pm

Thanks everybody for all the empathy and kind words about Mr. Cisco.

It is nice, even essential, to have a lovable being near me as I lie in bed worrying about Trump and Bannon and Pence. And then I see my grand kids Sunday!

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:07 pm

TollandRCR wrote:Thanks everybody for all the empathy and kind words about Mr. Cisco.

It is nice, even essential, to have a lovable being near me as I lie in bed worrying about Trump and Bannon and Pence. And then I see my grand kids Sunday!
Cat-in-lap usually makes everything better.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:14 pm

Velcro kitties are the bestest!

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:40 pm

TollandRCR wrote:My vet says that she has seen blind cats do amazing things. I hope not to test her perception, but the news from Weeny is very encouraging.
I didn't think of mentioning it until Oskar the Blind Cat showed up on my FB feed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNpeTCEPrRk

He's quite the internet kitty star since this video.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:31 pm

Foster Dad John has some new kittens in The Critter Room. From two separate litters, both in imminent peril of being euthanized after their owners surrendered them. Why cat people neuter/spay their pets? Why? The calico and ginger are from one litter, the other three monochromes are from another. If I have it right, the tuxedo is the only boy. Almost adoptable age, but FDJ says they didn't have much interaction with their humans and need some attention from the cat whisperer. The calico is so cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuH9UiSiKP8

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9gevvf18GA

Would someone smarter than I please embed the link? Thank you.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:37 pm

Certainly not smarter, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9gevvf18GA

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:37 pm

Yes you are, thank you.

P.K.
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.

Post by P.K. » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:27 pm

I got to participate in a "Yoga with Cats" class today! Just try and tell me you aren't jealous!

The shelter where I volunteer occasionally offers a free Yoga with Cats class for volunteers; one of the employees there is a certified yoga teacher. It's so much fun! There were about seven participates and three cats in the room with us, wandering around the room, head-butting us, playing with toys, lounging on our mats in inconvenient places (my "corpse pose" was compromised by a cat who decided to plop down between my knees just as we were moving into that position, and he declined to move). It was a bit disconcerting to be unexpectedly head-butted by a cat, or to hear a cat happily giving herself a bath during a quiet moment while you're trying to focus on your balance, but the pros outweigh the cons as far as I'm concerned. Because cats! And strangely, unlike my cats, none of them sharpened their claws on the mats or chewed on the yoga blocks (I keep my yoga things in the car otherwise they'd be in shreds). I hope they can work out the logistics and make it a regular thing!

IANALBIPOOTV - I am not a lawyer, but I've played one on TV. In fact, IANA (fill in the blank) but chances are I've played on on TV.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:43 am

Sounds absolutely delightful and useful on so many levels.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:21 am

I have the home version of cats and yoga with Cats and Dogs with Yoga and/or Pilates. One animal usually decides to be my "personal trainer" for the session with head butts (Siri our calico cat), plopping down near me and going to sleep (Mickey D our black cocker spaniel), coming into the room to stare horrified at me (Sugar our "petite" yellow lab) or just hanging out in the room wherever her mama is (Chloe the 14 year old Pappillon with severe cataracts).

When granddoggies visit, the exercise session takes on new energy. Beowolf (my son's spelling), the very large dark Golden Retriever wants to bathe his Mimi's face and lie like a velcro doggie against her side. Eve the, black Cardigan Corgi, wants to bathe my face and then must rush off to do something else. Littles, formerly Vlad, the beagle/lab/pit bull mix wags his thick, strong tail happily and hits me in the face, knees or whatever other body parts are in the way.

In my house, your are never alone. :-D
Edit: How could I forget Nemo, my very first granddog?
A Jack Russell Terrier, he views every second of his life as a time to play with the ball with anyone available to throw it. As soon as I am on the floor, he brings in a ball and drops it on the floor near my hand. So we have a version of "throw the ball" and exercise combined. He NEVER tires of it.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:52 am

Rescue of the parkour trained cat...

DryInk

Post by DryInk » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:30 am

moka_and_misha.jpg
Misha in front, Moka in back, a couple of my roommate's rescue kitties.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Let's just assume I said something witty.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:01 am

Looks like trouble and innocence personified.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:26 pm

They are adorable.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:04 pm

MAGOO
[attachment=0]IMG_2753.JPG[/attachment]
2001 - August 28, 2017
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:50 pm

:crying: :bighug: :bighug: :crying:

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

P.K.
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.

Post by P.K. » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:16 pm

I'm so sorry. Beautiful kitty.

IANALBIPOOTV - I am not a lawyer, but I've played one on TV. In fact, IANA (fill in the blank) but chances are I've played on on TV.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:28 pm

A cat with a lot of character. I think it probably left a lot with you.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:32 pm

So sorry, GreatGrey. Rest In Peace, beautiful Magoo.

:bighug:

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:55 pm

Beautiful kitteh. Bye, Magoo.

Image Image Image Image Image

Lani

Post by Lani » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:20 am

Such a dignified, beautiful kitty. :crying: I'm so sorry, GreatGrey.

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”