No Catz but Kate's OK

RVInit

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

Post #3426 by RVInit » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:10 am

I enjoy Foster Dad John's youtubes. He does a wonderful job of taking care of the kittehs. :lovestruck:

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

Kendra

Post #3427 by Kendra » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:06 am

RVInit wrote:I enjoy Foster Dad John's youtubes. He does a wonderful job of taking care of the kittehs. :lovestruck:

He does. I finally got to go to an adoption event that included one of his litters. Such a crowd of admirers for the little floof balls.

TollandRCR

Post #3428 by TollandRCR » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Cisco can see very clearly out of his right eye. The left eye (removed and closed) itches him enough to cause bed-quaking scratching.

His annoying habit now is summoning me to feed him. He has an open buffet of good dry food, but he persists in landing on my chest at sunup. This is not an unpleasant way of being awakened, but I nevertheless ignore him for a couple of hours while he sleeps on the pillow beside my pillow.

A very affectionate person. He insists upon falling asleep on my chest after a session of petting. He purrs himself to sleep, and this sometimes helps me sleep ( unless the name "Trump" enters my mind).

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

RVInit

Post #3429 by RVInit » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:53 pm

TollandRCR wrote:Cisco can see very clearly out of his right eye. The left eye (removed and closed) itches him enough to cause bed-quaking scratching.

His annoying habit now is summoning me to feed him. He has an open buffet of good dry food, but he persists in landing on my chest at sunup. This is not an unpleasant way of being awakened, but I nevertheless ignore him for a couple of hours while he sleeps on the pillow beside my pillow.

A very affectionate person. He insists upon falling asleep on my chest after a session of petting. He purrs himself to sleep, and this sometimes helps me sleep ( unless the name "Trump" enters my mind).

Cisco and Poohie have apparently been talking and sharing tactics. Poohie does this around 4 AM though. And she doesn't allow me to sleep until I get up and feed her. She will also take her paw and "pet" my face if the other tactics don't work. It's kind of cute, she does it so softly.

--- George W Bush

kate520

Post #3430 by kate520 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:02 pm

The birthin' of the babies has begun!

The first was breech. After 45 mins of labor the first kitten came and Shelly thought it might be stillborn, but it is latched on! Weak but hanging in there.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Od1-koPkMjI

Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

Mohammed Ali

RVInit

Post #3431 by RVInit » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:16 pm

kate520 wrote:The birthin' of the babies has begun!

The first was breech. After 45 mins of labor the first kitten came and Shelly thought it might be stillborn, but it is latched on! Weak but hanging in there.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Od1-koPkMjI

Little momma looks tired. But she's doing a good job. Those little kittens are too cute.

--- George W Bush

TollandRCR

Post #3432 by TollandRCR » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:55 pm

RVInit wrote:Cisco and Poohie have apparently been talking and sharing tactics. Poohie does this around 4 AM though. And she doesn't allow me to sleep until I get up and feed her. She will also take her paw and "pet" my face if the other tactics don't work. It's kind of cute, she does it so softly.

That accounts for some long-distance calls at times of the morning that I am quite intentionally not awake. At least CIsco waits for a bit of sunlight.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Kendra

Post #3433 by Kendra » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:19 pm

TollandRCR wrote:
RVInit wrote:Cisco and Poohie have apparently been talking and sharing tactics. Poohie does this around 4 AM though. And she doesn't allow me to sleep until I get up and feed her. She will also take her paw and "pet" my face if the other tactics don't work. It's kind of cute, she does it so softly.

That accounts for some long-distance calls at times of the morning that I am quite intentionally not awake. At least CIsco waits for a bit of sunlight.

I am quite fortunate that Miss Kendra (wet food only) is patient in the mornings if I sleep in. She'll be sleeping on top of me commanding me to open my eyes, but that's as far as she takes it. If she's THAT hungry, there's always the dry stuff that she sticks her nose up at.

kate520

Post #3434 by kate520 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:39 am

Awww. :( All five of Evolene's kittens died. :brokenheart:

That's life in the feral forest. They estimated it was her 19th litter, based on age and statistics, and she was in bad health. All of the kits were too puny to make it in spite of the hooman's intervention. They were less than half the size of Corsica's litter who were born two days later. Such a sad illustration of why it's so important to

SPAY AND NEUTER!

Shelly the Cat Whisperer has been crying for two days. :crying:

Mohammed Ali

Kendra

Post #3435 by Kendra » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:14 pm

kate520 wrote:Awww. :( All five of Evolene's kittens died. :brokenheart:

That's life in the feral forest. They estimated it was her 19th litter, based on age and statistics, and she was in bad health. All of the kits were too puny to make it in spite of the hooman's intervention. They were less than half the size of Corsica's litter who were born two days later. Such a sad illustration of why it's so important to

SPAY AND NEUTER!

Shelly the Cat Whisperer has been crying for two days. :crying:

:/

Kendra

Post #3436 by Kendra » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:14 pm

https://www.facebook.com/thedodosite/vi ... 577064183/

Kitteh does not seem to be enjoying the ride, nor her traveling companion.

Sugar Magnolia

Post #3437 by Sugar Magnolia » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:20 pm

Kendra wrote:https://www.facebook.com/thedodosite/videos/1097371577064183/

Kitteh does not seem to be enjoying the ride, nor her traveling companion.

That is the cutest thing I've seen all day.

Kendra

Post #3438 by Kendra » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:25 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQX1hFXzUC0

Gaia's kittens are learning to zoom.

P.K.
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.

Post #3439 by P.K. » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:02 pm

Yesterday I was out running errands and I got a text from Mr. K. Paraphrased: "You are so evil! I turned on YouTube and something called Tinykittens HQ came on, it's a mother cat and her kittens and I CANT LOOK AWAY OMG THE CUTENESS!!!!!"

Apparently we share a YouTube account.

When I got home I showed him Foster Dad John's feed.

Yes, I am evil.

IANALBIPOOTV - I am not a lawyer, but I've played one on TV. In fact, IANA (fill in the blank) but chances are I've played on on TV.

SueDB

Post #3440 by SueDB » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:51 am

Sad News for our Katz Stella (our pretty Grey lady cat) and Chester - our little rambunctious orange clown prince for the house. Both about 4 years and been the appple of our entertainment eye. Due to the face that cats carry all kinds of things that could kill me without my immune we decided to give them away as soon as we could a suitable family to receive them. We acquired them through a very established adoption agency and they were very happy to received them and readopt them into new homes. Stella had a really bad infection illness which demonstrated to us how hazardous it was to have sick cats. We got Stella in to a recovery place than she was adopted out.

Now it's time to modify MY immune system and the consensus was that adoping out was the best fix regardless of any of the other things. Both Trisha and I will have blown out immune systems and the katz will continue to have illnesses etc. Thankfully we have had more time to control where Chester went (adopted out) & found a really nice family that fit him and vice versa. It made us feel better anyway. So, two families in the area received a cat each that had been given a lovely home. Very nice cats. It was time to finally give Chester away (my favorite). and i'm pretty devastated at the moment. I it will pass, but I will miss my kitteh. My most excellent granddaughter did the exchange and reported back that the receivers pass the test. it didnt' take very long for Chester to take up an interest with them..

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

kate520

Post #3441 by kate520 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:08 pm

Shortly after my stroke I lost a kitteh. He was not my favorite, I only took him because he came as part of an "inseparable" bonded pair and I was in love with his ginger buddy. Turns out they weren't bonded, they actually hated each other. Lucky was only with us for a couple of years, but I'm always sad when a companion passes, plus I had pneumonia and was basically stuck inside 24/7, and I got totally hooked on Foster Dad John's feed and Shelly and the TinyKittens feed.

FDJ. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQX1hFXzUC0

TinyKittens. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Od1-koPkMjI

Mohammed Ali

Skip Intro

Post #3442 by Skip Intro » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:02 pm

One major characteristic of the current administration is its deep and abiding terror of expertise in general, and outside expertise in particular. - Charles Pierce

kate520

Post #3443 by kate520 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:07 pm

:lovestruck: :lovestruck:

Mohammed Ali

TollandRCR

Post #3444 by TollandRCR » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:07 pm

Cisco just got a diagnosis of Feline Urinary Infection, followed by a shot of a good antibiotic.

Is there anything that I did or failed to do that brought this about? He is my sole cat and, with him even half-blind, I am very close to him. At 74, I really do not need to lose another cat soon. When I get in bed, he hops onto my stomach and purrs for a good time, even when he reverses position. I bet I need that more than he does.

listeme

Post #3445 by listeme » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:27 pm

TollandRCR wrote:Cisco just got a diagnosis of Feline Urinary Infection, followed by a shot of a good antibiotic.

Is there anything that I did or failed to do that brought this about? He is my sole cat and, with him even half-blind, I am very close to him. At 74, I really do not need to lose another cat soon. When I get in bed, he hops onto my stomach and purrs for a good time, even when he reverses position. I bet I need that more than he does.

My understanding is that older male cats just sometimes get these. I very much doubt you did anything wrong! I know you pay very close attention to him.

I can poke around and see if there are things to keep an eye out for now that you know he can get them.

I hope he (and you) feel better quickly.

We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

Kendra

Post #3446 by Kendra » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:42 pm

TollandRCR wrote:Cisco just got a diagnosis of Feline Urinary Infection, followed by a shot of a good antibiotic.

Are there any prescription foods available that can help? I get Hill metabolic for tabby's weight (it's working well, she packed on the pounds when she was so long in a tiny adoption room), but I see all other kinds of Hills for this and that on the shelves at PetSmart. Vet has to write a prescription though.

TollandRCR

Post #3447 by TollandRCR » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:45 pm

I would not mind getting the same injections that he gets. Nor would I mind giving him dermal skin injections like I gave his buddy Sammy for diabetes. And I think that I will change all his litter this weekend

She has not yet suggested a dietary change, but that might change tomorrow when the full lab tests are in,

Kendra

Post #3448 by Kendra » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:53 pm

TollandRCR wrote:I would not mind getting the same injections that he gets. Nor would I mind giving him dermal skin injections like I gave his buddy Sammy for diabetes. And I think that I will change all his litter this weekend

She has not yet suggested a dietary change, but that might change tomorrow when the full lab tests are in,

Do ask. I follow Purrfect Pals on FB and they're always telling stories of older cats surrendered for this and that problem, and then they got kitty on the right diet and sometimes miracles happen.

Sugar Magnolia

Post #3449 by Sugar Magnolia » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:03 am

TollandRCR wrote:I would not mind getting the same injections that he gets. Nor would I mind giving him dermal skin injections like I gave his buddy Sammy for diabetes. And I think that I will change all his litter this weekend

We've had 2 vets recommend high animal protein wet food for cats with urinary issues. If you use dry cat food anyway (we did) the higher the animal protein content, the better.

Kendra

Post #3450 by Kendra » Sat May 06, 2017 7:33 pm

It's Gotcha Day for Kendra the kitty cat, two years ago this weekend. Despite her tiny size, she was estimated at eight YO, but the shelters she'd been in struggled getting her to keep her food down. I struggled the same for about two weeks, then we found the right food and she blossomed. Learned how to groom from watching big sis Starla the tabby and the rest is history.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”