No Catz but Kate's OK

June bug

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by June bug » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:46 pm

{{Oh GG}} What a beauty Kitty was...and what a great daddy you are.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:52 pm

Estiveo wrote:Beautiful eyes on Kitty. You're a good parent to your fur kids, GG.
Thx Estivo, but everyone here at The FogBow is excellent with their furry overlords. :clap:
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:58 pm

GreatGrey, what a lovely lady, I am so sorry, but she had a loving home and people for the last part of her life and she'll be waiting for you.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:05 pm

GG, I am so sorry you lost your beautiful Kitty. She was very lucky to have you, I'm so glad you found each other.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:47 pm

:brokenheart:

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:49 pm

So sorry to hear about Kitty. :cry:
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:05 pm

Sorry for your loss, and thank you for taking in a cat that others had given up on.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:13 pm

Kitty took care of you for as long as she could. That's somebody else's job now. :blink:

And I hope that somebody else finds you REAL SOON. :bighug:
My god, it's full of stars turtles all the way down!

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:12 pm

GreatGrey wrote:KITTY
2001 - February 8, 2017

IMG_3866.JPG
:snippity:

But age and cancer caught up with her this morning. So again we're a sad house.
My deepest sympathy. Her beautiful spirit will live in your memories. Your kindness to Kitty apparently gave you much love from her. :brokenheart:
“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:13 pm

Foggy wrote:Kitty took care of you for as long as she could. That's somebody else's job now. :blink:

And I hope that somebody else finds you REAL SOON. :bighug:
This is how our cat world works too. :kiss:
“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:48 pm

Pointing to important Olberman contribution:

viewtopic.php?f=99&t=9313&p=859229#p859229

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:27 pm

Cat gets bionic legs in landmark operation
Poo, the cat lost his hind legs in an accident and his chances of survival were slim.

[liveleak]c2d6a87517f4[/liveleak]

Euronews video transcript
► Show Spoiler

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEf01BOtB8g

For those following Foster Dad John at The Critter Room, his latest batch of kittens all adopted out to new homes in just under an hour (the time it takes to complete the adoption process with Purrfect Pals. Little Donner already has a FB page and LOL at his reaction to his reflection in the mirror. So nice to see them have happy endings after being left for dead in a box on the side of a road.

Sequoia32

Post by Sequoia32 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:19 pm

Spooky had her senior cat checkup Friday. She is 20 1/2 years old now. The vet said she is the oldest cat he has treated and was amazed at how good her labwork is.

Her chronic kidney disease continues to slowly advance, but the vet said she is in "early" CKD. I said yeah, she's been in early CKD for 3 years. Unfortunately, she has developed detached retinas. She is not blind yet, but she stares off into space a lot and rarely leaves my bed except to use her litter box. Every 2-3 hours she will yowl for us to come feed her and we jump to her demands. I feed her 2-3 times during the night too. It was good to see she has actually gained a little weight.

The vet wants us to cut back on the bacon. I try to get my son to not give her stuff with high salt, protein etc, but he loves to give her treats. I ordered some new food from Amazon that is lower in protein and phosphorus that I hope she will eat.

So considering her age, a pretty good checkup. May everyone be so lucky.
So far every case of Ebola in this country got it by helping people. So relax, Republicans, you're in the clear. - Tina Dupuy

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:27 pm

Sequoia32 wrote:Spooky had her senior cat checkup Friday. She is 20 1/2 years old now. The vet said she is the oldest cat he has treated and was amazed at how good her labwork is.

Her chronic kidney disease continues to slowly advance, but the vet said she is in "early" CKD. I said yeah, she's been in early CKD for 3 years. Unfortunately, she has developed detached retinas. She is not blind yet, but she stares off into space a lot and rarely leaves my bed except to use her litter box. Every 2-3 hours she will yowl for us to come feed her and we jump to her demands. I feed her 2-3 times during the night too. It was good to see she has actually gained a little weight.

The vet wants us to cut back on the bacon. I try to get my son to not give her stuff with high salt, protein etc, but he loves to give her treats. I ordered some new food from Amazon that is lower in protein and phosphorus that I hope she will eat.

:thumbs:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:31 pm

Sequoia32 wrote:Spooky had her senior cat checkup Friday. She is 20 1/2 years old now. The vet said she is the oldest cat he has treated and was amazed at how good her labwork is.

Good for Spooky (and you). That is a very long life for a kitty and still more to come.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:44 pm

:snippity:
Very good! I have a senior kitty, too. Good for you for taking such good care of Spooky, I think she's a lucky cat. Sounds like she is well loved and cared for. I hope you continue to be blessed by her company
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:26 pm

Belated condolences and hugs to GreatGrey and family. R.I.P. sweet Kitty.

Sequoia32, thank you for the update. Hugs to you, your son and Spooky.
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Dallasite
Location: About 40,000 light years from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.
Chemtrails Program
Human Factors and Behavioral Sciences Division

Post by Dallasite » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:14 am

I have six feline critters living in my house right now. I'm not quite sure how that happened. Four years ago we rescued Samantha from the local shelter. She was our first. Two weeks ago we started caring for Romeo for a friend who is spending and extended amount of time in Asia. He is number six. Thank goodness all but one spend most of their time outdoors.
"I drank what?!?!" - Soctates, 399 BC

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:09 pm

The LSD cat

[liveleak]d1b7a0425f89[/liveleak]

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:32 am

Turn your loudspeakers down please!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFUIVRLXD68

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:35 pm

Our friend in West Monroe died suddenly Tuesday and her only family was her 3 cats. None of us actually live in WM though, although I'm closest at 2 hours away. I jumped into action and got the cats placed in NOLA. It has been an adventure. They are all inside cats and have never been around other people, except the neighbor who feeds them when my friend is gone. He never actually sees them either, just goes in and dumps out food. It took them from Tuesday until Fri to trap 2 of the cats, and we were convinced the other one had somehow managed to get out. We looked for 2 hours Sat morning after I got over there and were literally on the verge of giving up when I took one last look in the closet and he came flying out over my head. We spent the next 20 minutes trying to pen him up so we could get him in the carrier.

Got them back here with no issues and my friends from NOLA picked them up and should get back "home" in another hour or so. They did spend the night in my hall bathroom "talking" to my own cats through the door. If mine got too close, little kitty fingers would pop out from under the door as a warning.

My friend was well-loved by people all over the world and her death has left a huge, huge hole in us. She retired less than 2 years ago and was making plans to move to NOLA. Her cats will live there soon, and so will she. I'm picking her ashes up next week and they'll be scattered in all the places that were important to her down there, including the wooden floors of a couple of music clubs, the stage at Jazzfest and on the river ferry.

So, wish Beignet, VooDoo and Punkin' happy lives in their new forever homes! GrisGris will be there with them shortly.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:36 am

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:28 am

That poor thing, what a trial to get free.

There is a new batch of kittens with Foster Dad John in The Critter Room. Born last Wednesday, and he was sure she was done with five kittens around 7AM, only to be surprised when she popped two more hours later. Unfortunately, kitten #6 was stillborn, but the other six are doing well and good weight. Two blacks, two dark tabbies and two white/cream. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_KY1te875A

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:43 pm

Meet the designer cats with wild blood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHscMam4W7s

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”