No Catz but Kate's OK

RTH10260

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by RTH10260 »

More from the ninja cats

Roboe

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by Roboe »

And the Springfield Fosters have gone to their forever homes. Maggie and Moe were adopted together :)

Sequoia32

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by Sequoia32 »

Anybody know anything about acupuncture?

The vet was very pleased with how Spooky recovered from her recent illness (she regained .8 of the 1 lb she lost) and seems fully recovered. However, her "back end" still is not completely normal and she has some arthritis. He thinks acupuncture could help those as well as her kidney disease.

Son is against it as being too stressful to haul her to the vet so often and he wonders what if a needle goes in the wrong place and hurts her...

I just don't know what to think.
So far every case of Ebola in this country got it by helping people. So relax, Republicans, you're in the clear. - Tina Dupuy

magdalen77

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by magdalen77 »

I don't know about acupuncture's effectiveness on animals but it did help relieve the arthritis pain in my knees.

Lani

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by Lani »

Acupunture doesn't hurt. The needles are very thin, do not penetrate very far, and are hardly felt at all.

I know acupuncture is considered to be junk science by many, but I did have a good experience with it in Australia. My doctor (regular m.d.) went to China to be trained in acupuncture in a search to find a way to relieve his patients' arthritis pain. As he put it, he didn't do all the bells and whistles - just the needles on the meridians. And he admitted there was nothing in his mainstream medical training to support it. But his patients felt better. Most did well without meds, returning for another treatment every two months or so.

I had a non-malignent, but growing, tumor in my foot. It was reaching the point that I could mostly only wear sandals. Surgery was the medical recommendation, but my doctor knew that I was a single parent of a very active little boy and doubted that I would be able to stay off my feet during recovery. He suggested acupuncture, which Oz healthcare covers when provided by a medical provider. After 3 treatments, the doctor said the tumor was shrinking, which I personally didn't see, and he discontinued treatment. But he was right. A month later it was gone. Nineteen years later, it's still gone.

Foggy

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by Foggy »

Umm, if acupuncture works on cats, then it works. Cat's aren't into the placebo effect much.

And I do believe the 'no pain 'cuz the needles are too thin' thingy, even though I've never had it done. I should think there would be reports if otherwise.

The only thing I'd do is, I'd insist on being present. I can tell if my pet is in pain, and I'd stop the procedure right there.
For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

kate520

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by kate520 »

I worked for a vet years ago (I mean YEARS ago) who used acupuncture. He used a kind that sends an electric current to the area. The owners of arthritic dogs were thrilled with its effectiveness. The vet swore by it. I never saw an animal bothered by the needles. Having had it myself, i can attest to the painlessness.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

SueDB

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by SueDB »

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

RTH10260

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by RTH10260 »

Tiger with a snowball

P.K.
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by P.K. »

Foster Dad John has another litter - Willow and the Little Saplings!

https://new.livestream.com/FosterKitten ... leSaplings

Mama was found moving her kittens from a box to a tree stump. Four little cuties, two boys and two girls, about nine weeks old.
IANALBIPOOTV - I am not a lawyer, but I've played one on TV. In fact, IANA (fill in the blank) but chances are I've played one on TV.

Volkonski

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by Volkonski »

I have just put Mrs. V. on an airplane to Dallas to visit her sister and our younger daughter which means that I am on cat sitting duty! :( :( :( :( :(
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

ducktape

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by ducktape »

By the way, any southern Californians with space for an adorable cat in their lives, we still have one (or two, if the second can be caught) 9-month-old kittens in need of homes.

My partner adopted Lily, and I adopted Millie from that family, and two of my partner's husband's co-workers adopted "Brave" and "Shy/Fierce" (their names during fostering). They were originally all thought to be semi-feral, and he hoped that he could bring Lily around during fostering, while Brave and Shy/Fierce were headed for a farm as barn cats. But it didn't take more than a couple of days for them to come totally around, and all are happy, loving and well-adjusted kittens in their furever homes now. So I think the two remaining -- Dash (black female, very outgoing and engaged with people) and "White Cat" (the second one that maybe is catchable and maybe not) -- would make great pets. My vet could not believe that Millie had been a homeless cat the day before -- she was so clean, beautiful, healthy and personable.

Please let me know by PM if you're interested -- I have a picture, and we'd like to get them adopted before they become mothers themselves.

Volkonski

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by Volkonski »

Cat sitting, Day Two.

So far I have cleaned up 8 wet spots on the den carpet. The 19 year old male refuses to use the litter box. :angry:

Food and medicine preparation takes half an hour in the morning and half an hour in the evening. Five cats, two special diets, two on pills, one on insulin, one on a laxative, etc. I don't even want to think about the litter boxes which require scooping several times a day.

Moreover, road work is happening nearby and the noise makes the cats nervous.

Three more days to go. :(
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Roboe

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by Roboe »

Next wednesday is the Ghostbuster kittens' first birthday, and their hoomins have decided that the trio is of the charitable mood and will be donating their presents to less fortunate kittens. However, Janine and her two boys won't be cheated out of all those lovely boxes and wrapping paper, so there's going to be a grand present opening event on saturday with FDJ as special guest :)

RTH10260

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by RTH10260 »

Scene 1. Winter Morning.

Act 1. Open Door

Act 2. Enter Cat

Roboe

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by Roboe »

The poor cat was thrown though :evil:

Foggy

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by Foggy »

Wow, you might be right, Roboe. I didn't think of that. Yeah, that's probably what happened.
For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

vic

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by vic »

The video was originally posted on YouTube on Ann Got's channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXVUie ... Xzwqm4965A

She states in comments on some of the follow-up videos that the cat was not thrown.

RTH10260

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by RTH10260 »

Smart Phone Holder, a smart phone, or a smart holder?

DejaMoo

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by DejaMoo »

Here's the latest addition to my family: Boo, aka Boodini.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:450]

Boo, 'cuz he's a timid black cat. Boodini, because the little rascal already figured out how to pry the top off the Tupperware container that holds his food. The container is now stashed in the closet as an extra precaution - but I'm sure it's just a matter of time before he figures out how to open the door.

He's very playful and affectionate - and his prey instinct is quite strong. He's also into drowning his toys in his water dish, as I discovered the other night. I was sound asleep when he dropped a cold, wet string toy on my face. My reptile brain screamed "snake!" and I rocketed up and outta that bed before I had even achieved consciousness.
I've heard this bull before.

ZekeB

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by ZekeB »

Black cats are neet! British Shorthair black cats are reelie neet!
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

kate520

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by kate520 »

Hi Boodini! You sure are cute.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

ducktape

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by ducktape »

Beautiful Boo! I have a special place in my heart for black cats. I was raised by one, a world class black cat, who taught me how to speak cat. I was chief of staff to my bestest main squeeze, beautiful silky longhair black Valerie, who taught me many things including that, when you need a new perspective, turn your head upside down. I just lost my little black Sooner, too soon, but will cuddle tonight with Louielamour, the black half-Himalayan who defines how to be a great bed-buddy. I'm going to have him give some lessons to Millie, who has potential.

Foggy

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by Foggy »

Hidy, Boodini! :wave:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Estiveo

No Catz but Kate's OK

Post by Estiveo »

Boodini has a cute; I love black kitties! And the whole toy in the water dish schtick? Trouble teh tubby tortoiseshell kitteh is convinced that all the things must go in the water, but leaves it to me to fish them out.
Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”