No Catz but Kate's OK

User avatar
Notorial Dissent
Posts: 13017
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4576

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:12 pm

So sorry to hear that Foggy. :bighug:


The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

User avatar
Dolly
Posts: 14354
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4577

Post by Dolly » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:31 pm

I am so sorry, Foggy. :crying:

Goodbye sweet little Abby :bighug:


Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

User avatar
Wintermute
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:22 pm
Location: Here

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4578

Post by Wintermute » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:02 pm

So sorry about Abby.


???????????????

User avatar
vic
Posts: 3829
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:36 am
Location: The great San Fernando Valley
Occupation: Web developer

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4579

Post by vic » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:03 pm

:crying: Sorry to hear that. Gracie and I send our condolences.



User avatar
RVInit
Posts: 8331
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:31 pm

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4580

Post by RVInit » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:34 pm

:( :brokenheart:

:bighug: I'm so sorry, Foggy. I wish I had better words to say, but you and the Missus and Abby are in my thoughts and I'm sending my love and hugs to all of you.


"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

User avatar
Foggy
Posts: 29130
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:00 pm
Location: Fogbow HQ
Occupation: Dick Tater

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4581

Post by Foggy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:18 am

Thanks, everyone. It was a shock, I thought I was dealing with an infection that could be fixed, not an extremely enlarged kidney. She was only a little more than 4 years old. Too young. I did get to go back to the vet and spent about 10 minutes petting her and saying goodbye before they put her down, and she'll have a resting place in our back woods next to Rocky and Molly-Polly.

And one of my friends works at Safe Haven for Cats, where we got her in 2015. Best kitteh adoption place I know. We're going to rescue a new kitteh girl on Friday, when Alex Bob Todd is home from School of Science and Math for his second trimester break and we can do it as a fambly.

Bad way to start a week, though. I'm going to miss that girly. :cry:


I put the 'fun' in dysfunctional.

User avatar
fierceredpanda
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:04 pm
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4582

Post by fierceredpanda » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:40 am

:bighug: So sorry for your loss, Foggy.


"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

User avatar
Volkonski
Posts: 23934
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:44 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast and North Fork of Long Island
Occupation: Retired Mechanical Engineer

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4583

Post by Volkonski » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:13 pm

So sorry to hear this. :(


Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

User avatar
Foggy
Posts: 29130
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:00 pm
Location: Fogbow HQ
Occupation: Dick Tater

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4584

Post by Foggy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:46 am

So we went to Safe Haven last night and adopted two new girly kittehs, sisters from the same litter, about 7 or 8 months old, very friendly and energetic.

Photos to follow later on, right now they're still sleeping under the bed after an exciting first night in their new home.

Names they came with: Polka and Dot

Real names: TBD, I'm accepting suggestions.
Ol' Wifehorn has vetoed Spackle and Patch. :(

Felony and Misdemeanor?
Alexa and Siri?
Treason and Misprision?


I put the 'fun' in dysfunctional.

User avatar
Estiveo
Posts: 8313
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:31 pm
Location: Trouble's Howse

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4585

Post by Estiveo » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:28 am

Orly & Sharon? Von Strudel & Pop Tart?


Image Image Image Image Image

User avatar
listeme
Posts: 5423
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:09 am

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4586

Post by listeme » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:34 am

I'm so sorry about Abby, Fogs and family! :brokenheart:

I'm glad for your new naming opportunities. W4 sez I am bad at naming because I name hens things like Harold Finch (BUT SHE IS SUCH A HAROLD FINCH!) But good luck with your naming adventure! (The newest hens are named Paisley and Chamois. See, I can learn.)

Pictures please.


We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

jemcanada
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:11 am

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4587

Post by jemcanada » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:48 am

I’m so sorry about Abby. :crying:

Congratulations on the new kitties! How about Thelma and Louise?



User avatar
RoadScholar
Posts: 8209
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:25 am
Location: Baltimore
Occupation: Historic Restoration Woodworker
Contact:

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4588

Post by RoadScholar » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:01 am

Comfort and Joy?


The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

User avatar
RVInit
Posts: 8331
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:31 pm

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4589

Post by RVInit » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:05 am

RoadScholar wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:01 am
Comfort and Joy?
:clap: Sounds like :winner: to me. :)


"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

User avatar
Sugar Magnolia
Posts: 10524
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:44 am

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4590

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:15 am

Tots and Pears?



User avatar
Whatever4
Posts: 12312
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:36 am
Location: Mainely in the plain
Occupation: Visiting doctors.

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4591

Post by Whatever4 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:21 am

listeme wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:34 am
I'm so sorry about Abby, Fogs and family! :brokenheart:

I'm glad for your new naming opportunities. W4 sez I am bad at naming because I name hens things like Harold Finch (BUT SHE IS SUCH A HAROLD FINCH!) But good luck with your naming adventure! (The newest hens are named Paisley and Chamois. See, I can learn.)

Pictures please.
YOU NAMED A ROOSTER JEAN GREY!! Then you were shocked when it went rogue.


"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

User avatar
listeme
Posts: 5423
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:09 am

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4592

Post by listeme » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:26 am

Whatever4 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:21 am
listeme wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:34 am
I'm so sorry about Abby, Fogs and family! :brokenheart:

I'm glad for your new naming opportunities. W4 sez I am bad at naming because I name hens things like Harold Finch (BUT SHE IS SUCH A HAROLD FINCH!) But good luck with your naming adventure! (The newest hens are named Paisley and Chamois. See, I can learn.)

Pictures please.
YOU NAMED A ROOSTER JEAN GREY!! Then you were shocked when it went rogue.
Well, he was very much a Jean.


We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

User avatar
Kendra
Posts: 14979
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:53 am

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4593

Post by Kendra » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:27 am

It's always hard to lose a beloved pet, especially unexpectedly but :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: for being ready to open your hearts and home to others. IMHO shelter pets make the best pets.



User avatar
Tiredretiredlawyer
Posts: 9443
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 2:56 pm
Location: Animal Planet
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4594

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:44 pm

Foggy wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:46 am
So we went to Safe Haven last night and adopted two new girly kittehs, sisters from the same litter, about 7 or 8 months old, very friendly and energetic.

Photos to follow later on, right now they're still sleeping under the bed after an exciting first night in their new home.

Names they came with: Polka and Dot

Real names: TBD, I'm accepting suggestions.
Ol' Wifehorn has vetoed Spackle and Patch. :(

Felony and Misdemeanor?
Alexa and Siri?
Treason and Misprision?
Neferkitti
CleoCatra
Sugar and Spice
Sunny and Cher
Georgie and Gracie
Truth and Justice
Nikki and Alexandria
:thumbs:


A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: On July 28, 1919, Arkansas became the 12th state to adopt the 19th Amendment.

User avatar
RTH10260
Posts: 22662
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Near the Swiss Alps

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4595

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:10 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:44 pm
Foggy wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:46 am
So we went to Safe Haven last night and adopted two new girly kittehs, sisters from the same litter, about 7 or 8 months old, very friendly and energetic.

Photos to follow later on, right now they're still sleeping under the bed after an exciting first night in their new home.

Names they came with: Polka and Dot

Real names: TBD, I'm accepting suggestions.
Ol' Wifehorn has vetoed Spackle and Patch. :(

Felony and Misdemeanor?
Alexa and Siri?
Treason and Misprision?
Neferkitti
CleoCatra
Sugar and Spice
Sunny and Cher
Georgie and Gracie
Truth and Justice
Nikki and Alexandria
:thumbs:
;)
Hammer and Sickle (ohhh - a red cap non #MAGA)
Mao and Xi
Stalin and Putin
:blackeye:
I know I know - I sometimes have a strange humor



User avatar
Foggy
Posts: 29130
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:00 pm
Location: Fogbow HQ
Occupation: Dick Tater

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4596

Post by Foggy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:29 pm

I hate to disappoint y'all, but it looks like the final winners are Alice and Asta.

Why yes, Asta is a dog's name. A very famous and clever dog from detective fiction.

That's why I like it. Where ol' Wifehorn got Alice I have no clue. :confused:


I put the 'fun' in dysfunctional.

User avatar
Tiredretiredlawyer
Posts: 9443
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 2:56 pm
Location: Animal Planet
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4597

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:32 pm

New mama and papa know best.


A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: On July 28, 1919, Arkansas became the 12th state to adopt the 19th Amendment.

User avatar
listeme
Posts: 5423
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:09 am

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4598

Post by listeme » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:56 pm

Foggy wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:29 pm
I hate to disappoint y'all, but it looks like the final winners are Alice and Asta.

Why yes, Asta is a dog's name. A very famous and clever dog from detective fiction.

That's why I like it. Where ol' Wifehorn got Alice I have no clue. :confused:
Love.

AND OBVIOUSLY FROM WONDERLAND!


We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

User avatar
Sequoia32
Posts: 4742
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4599

Post by Sequoia32 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:21 pm

So sorry about Abby, Foggy. You gave a skittish kitteh who would have had a hard time finding a home, a loving and caring home.

So great that you adopted from the shelter and kept the two sisters together. The friend I foster for tries really hard to keep paired kitties together. Better for ALL.

How is Leon adjusting to his new sisters?


So far every case of Ebola in this country got it by helping people. So relax, Republicans, you're in the clear. - Tina Dupuy

User avatar
Sugar Magnolia
Posts: 10524
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:44 am

Re: No Catz but Kate's OK

#4600

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:49 pm

Foggy wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:29 pm
I hate to disappoint y'all, but it looks like the final winners are Alice and Asta.

Why yes, Asta is a dog's name. A very famous and clever dog from detective fiction.

That's why I like it. Where ol' Wifehorn got Alice I have no clue. :confused:
It's only a dog's name if you call her Skippy.



Post Reply

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”