Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Grassley Said Pence Wouldn't be at the Senate on 1/6

Lani

Grassley Said Pence Wouldn't be at the Senate on 1/6

Post by Lani »

Grassley suggests he may preside over Senate debate on Electoral College votes
January 5, 2021
Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, said he would preside over the U.S. Senate debate surrounding disputes of the 2020 election results if Vice President Mike Pence does not show up.

He suggested Pence was not expected to attend but Grassley’s staff later said that was a “misinterpretation” and that Pence was expected to be there.

On Wednesday, Congress will meet to formally count the Electoral College votes after they were certified by states last month. At least 12 GOP senators and dozens of House Republicans say they intend to object to the Electoral College results as those votes are read, state by state, in a joint session that begins at noon CT Wednesday.

During an exchange with reporters on Tuesday, Grassley was asked how he plans to vote.

“Well, first of all, I will be — if the Vice President isn’t there and we don’t expect him to be there, I will be presiding over the Senate,” according to a transcript of his remarks sent by a spokesperson.
https://iowacapitaldispatch.com/2021/01 ... ege-votes/
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Grassley Said Pence Wouldn't be at the Senate on 1/6

Post by Slim Cognito »

I want to hear trump's plan to keep Pence out of the Capitol. We all know he dreamed up something.

And I'm pretty confident Grassley would have done trump's bidding.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
roadscholar

Re: Grassley Said Pence Wouldn't be at the Senate on 1/6

Post by roadscholar »

:shock:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”