Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Russia Invades Ukraine

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Re: Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:10 pm Idiot finds out playing soldier boy in Ukraine isn't as fun as he envisioned it to be.
JJ MacNab @jjmacnab wrote: Boogaloo travels to Ukraine to join up the foreign fighters against Putin, freaks out, and then tries to escape to Poland.

He claims he dressed up as Red Cross to get into Poland. If true, he may have created a war crime.
Translation: "I got there and found out that the horrors of war are much different than the cosplay soldering I did with my militia buddies in the woods. So I got to make up a whole bunch of horseshit about not getting weapons and munitions and being shot by the Ukrainian solders so I can bravely run away. And I totally committed a war crime to save my own ass, but with this fronting my militia buddies will still think that I'm a total badass...."
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:thumbsup:

His statement was fact checked by... retired Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

CNN: House passes bill to suspend normal trade relations with Russia:
The House of Representatives passed a bill Thursday to suspend normal trade relations with Russia, the latest effort by US lawmakers to inflict economic pain on the Kremlin for its unprovoked and brutal invasion of Ukraine.

The final vote was 424-8 with strong bipartisan support for the legislation, which will next head to the Senate.
Name and shame:
Republicans Andy Biggs of Arizona, Dan Bishop of North Carolina, Lauren Boebert of Colorado, Matt Gaetz of Florida, Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia, Glenn Grothman of Wisconsin, Thomas Massie of Kentucky and Chip Roy of Texas voted against the bill.
Zeldin (NY-1(R)) didn't vote, but I presume he was bizzy campaigning (for guv'nor).
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

I want to know if Cawthorn was there, because I can't imagine he would have voted for it.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:44 pm I want to know if Cawthorn was there, because I can't imagine he would have voted for it.
A stopped clock and all....

https://clerk.house.gov/Votes/202278
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:55 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:44 pm I want to know if Cawthorn was there, because I can't imagine he would have voted for it.
A stopped clock and all....

https://clerk.house.gov/Votes/202278
Thanks!

And huh, that boy sure is inconsistent!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/uk ... d=msedgntp
Ukraine killed a Russian general after he made an unsecured call that gave away his location, report says
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Stunning war reportage from WSJ. With maps. This is just the prologue.

I used a private window to read it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ukraine-ru ... lewebshare
A Ukrainian Town Deals Russia One of the War’s Most Decisive Routs

A rapid Russian advance into the strategic southern town of 35,000 people, a gateway to a Ukrainian nuclear power station and pathway to attack Odessa from the back, would have showcased the Russian military’s abilities and severed Ukraine’s key communications lines.

Instead, the two-day battle of Voznesensk, details of which are only now emerging, turned decisively against the Russians. Judging from the destroyed and abandoned armor, Ukrainian forces, which comprised local volunteers and the professional military, eliminated most of a Russian battalion tactical group on March 2 and 3.

The Ukrainian defenders’ performance against a much-better-armed enemy in an overwhelmingly Russian-speaking region was successful in part because of widespread popular support for the Ukrainian cause—one reason the Russian invasion across the country has failed to achieve its principal goals so far. Ukraine on Wednesday said it was launching a counteroffensive on several fronts.

“Everyone is united against the common enemy,” said Voznesensk’s 32-year-old mayor, Yevheni Velichko, a former real-estate developer turned wartime commander, who, like other local officials, moves around with a gun. “We are defending our own land. We are at home.”
raison de arizona

Russia destroys one of Ukraine’s largest food storage facilities in Kyiv, attempting to literally starve the population.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

A really powerful statement.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Angry Staffer@Angry_Staffer
·
9h
So far, the Ukrainian counteroffensive is going about as well as they could have hoped. They’re wreaking havoc on Russian supply convoys and rapidly taking back land.
Yaroslav Trofimov@yarotrof
·
2h
A Ukrainian counter-offensive in the south brings some relief to Mykolaiv, no longer on the frontline. Our latest. https://t.co/Onf1KRcg4Q
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:crying:

It takes courage to honor a fallen soldier in that way, even if it's under the coverage of darkness. .
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I finally got a chance to see Schwarzenneggar's video. I am really impressed. I hope it will get shared far and wide in Russia. I'm sure Putin will just clamp down more, it's not as if he doesn't know exactly how to establish a new Iron Curtain, he took steps right from the beginning to shut down all outside information from coming in to the Russian people.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Where is Orly?

I have an idea for a Social Media campaign for you to help with "People of Ukraine"

"We are willing to accept the surrender of the 41st Army at any time, if you wish to save your lives surrender now to the nearest farmer. But we are keeping the tanks"

Stuff like that. You have enough followers to both get it noticed and find a lot of funny content!

I can promise full support from The Imperial Illuminati Air Force. We have Airborne Assault Dachshunds on the pad!
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

Gregg wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:06 pm "We are willing to accept the surrender of the 41st Army at any time, if you wish to save your lives surrender now to the nearest farmer. But we are keeping the tanks"
Those Ukrainian farmers, at it again...
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

"Today we have seen the criminal Putin at the rally to celebrate the 2014 illegal invasion of Crimea, the event was livestreamed and as you have all seen, the broadcast was halted by the Ukraine 4H Club of Kyiv. Our newest generation of Farmers will be proficient in E Farming as you can see, and will grow up to raise wonderful foodstuffs and rip the souls from Russian invaders while converting their tanks to tractors!"

W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

A scene from bootcamp as the 699th is training up recruits:

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

His Illuminated Majesty's Imperial Illuminati Air Force has arrived!

raison de arizona

We seem to be at an impasse in negotiations.
max seddon @maxseddon wrote: Vladimir Medinsky, Russia's lead negotiator, says there is a "strange situation" as regards Moscow's demands to "denazify" Ukraine.

"The Ukrainian delegation think there aren't any Nazi groups in Ukraine and that it's not a thing in modern Ukraine."
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Gregg wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:13 pm "Today we have seen the criminal Putin at the rally to celebrate the 2014 illegal invasion of Crimea, the event was livestreamed and as you have all seen, the broadcast was halted by the Ukraine 4H Club of Kyiv. Our newest generation of Farmers will be proficient in E Farming as you can see, and will grow up to raise wonderful foodstuffs and rip the souls from Russian invaders while converting their tanks to tractors!"
Guess that's the modern version of "beating swords into plowshares".
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

The idea of fucking Putin getting one inch of Ukrainian territory; one promise of fealty or self-punishment on the part of Ukraine; one moment of dignity for the horrors he has unleashed, enrages me beyond belief.

Negotiations? Kind words? I want him dead for what he has done, and no glossing over this great evil. And reparations. I want the Kremlin on its fucking knees.
raison de arizona

:yeahthat: and then some

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”