Russia Invades Ukraine

Gregg

Re: Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Gregg »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:58 pm
Gregg wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:13 pm "Today we have seen the criminal Putin at the rally to celebrate the 2014 illegal invasion of Crimea, the event was livestreamed and as you have all seen, the broadcast was halted by the Ukraine 4H Club of Kyiv. Our newest generation of Farmers will be proficient in E Farming as you can see, and will grow up to raise wonderful foodstuffs and rip the souls from Russian invaders while converting their tanks to tractors!"
Guess that's the modern version of "beating swords into plowshares".
Also when translated gets close to watering the tree of liberty with blood.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Official People of Ukraine account

"We will be happy to negotiate with Criminal Putin!
He can take all the blown up tanks he has littered our roadways with and shove them up his ass!
We will keep all the ones that still run.
Also, if ha can make it quick leaving, we can also make it quick, for him!" :thumbsup:

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Targeting food storage facilities, hospitals, medical buildings, civilian bomb shelters is not an accident. It's a strategy.
Anders Åslund @anders_aslund wrote: WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION REPORTS ON 3/18/2022 THAT RUSSIA HAS ATTACKED 44 HOSPITALS AND MEDICAL FACILITIES IN UKRAINE.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Alina Mykhailova @Mykhailova_A wrote: My name is Alina Mykhailova, I am a deputy of Kyiv City Council. Since 24th of February 2022 I am stationed on the frontline as a military volunteer. On the frontline, which is covering ALL OF UKRAINE, because of full-scale invasion of russian army.

For 23 days we are continuously protecting our land. 23 days ago every Ukrainian had taken arms to protect their country. 23 days of total obliteration of russian invaders.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I'm sorry she isn't wearing high heels and tight pants with a gun strapped to her lower leg. This is totally unrealistic and is obvious Mazi propaganda. She isn't even showing an American Flag over her boobs for goodness sake.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

So I thought I could google to find an image of a sexy Russian soldier. :oopsy: Maybe not such a good idea.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Today, let's celebrate the unlikeliest hero of the Ukraine-Russia war....

Joseph Stalin

The Russians are partially having such difficulties in taking Kyiv because they attacked it from the side where Stalin built the main defenses of the Kyiv Fortified Area btw 1929-1941

The Ukrainians started restoring the fortifications months ago and then flooded the Irpin River
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

The Russians are losing so many generals they’re gonna have to call up Mike Flynn from the bullpen.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I don't pester ol' Wifehorn about her news sources too much, especially when I'm driving a car, but today she was on her phone and told me that the Ukrainians may have eliminated as many as 1,500 Russian tanks, two thirds of which ran out of gas, were abandoned, or simply surrendered, and the remaining third in combat.

If that's true, they've probably lost thousands more other vehicles.

I assure you that if I am driving a tank, I will be the last vehicle to run out of gas, because I will shoot any other vehicle that doesn't give me their gas when I ask politely.

But maybe it doesn't work like that in Ukraine. :shrug:

Anyway, if true, that is a massive amount of armor to lose, eh what?
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Ukraine war in maps - from the BBC
About these maps
:snippity:
The situation in Ukraine is fast moving and it is likely there will be times when there have been changes not reflected in the maps.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

"We still happy to negotiate with Criminal Putin!
We let him choose the main dish and the desert as gesture of cooperation.
We also offer to not tkae over any Russian territory, but we must impose on Russia a 5,0000 km no fly zone.
But these generous offer has costs, a ''quid pro quo" and don't we hate that phrase now.
In exchange for being allowed to leave and not kicked in ass on the way, and also for leaving behind all good equipment....
We insist you clean up on the way, to include cleaning every toilet in Ukraine on way out.
We're pretty sure Putin has to die but still discussing it, so hurry before we make up mind.
Also, if ha can make it quick leaving, we can also make it quick, for him!" :thumbsup:

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

List of major Russian field officers killed

Major-General Suhovetsky
Major-General Gerasimov
Major-General Kolesnikov
Major-General Mityayev
Lieutenant-General Mordvichev
Major-General Tushaev (Chechen)
First rank captain Andrey Paliy (Deputy Commander, Black Sea Fleet)
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

As we have killed all your generals, we address this offer to Corporal-Colonel who is in command.

Leave now, and we let you go.

We also provide coupons for you, for free Big Mac at Russia McDonalds when you get home, one for every remember of your family.

You can ride home on train, but you pay fair for yourself and return ticket for someone who left because of you.

Putin must wear dress in public for 1 year.

Terms are getting more non-negotiable by the day!

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://twitter.com/NikaMelkozerova/sta ... 7756266505
Nika Melkozerova@NikaMelkozerova
·
4h
A surreal moment happened today. We went to get some water and some greens to a local market in Kyiv. And it was a busy market, full of people. The shelves were half full. But we found meat, veggies, honey, eggs. So many people around for the first time in a week.
Just wanted to post this one to show its not all bad, at least in Kyiv.

Of you want to be cynical, there's scope for it. Stalin accused the west of letting the Russians take the brunt of the war in 1943 in order to bleed the Germans down by attrition, and that's why they were not organizing a second front. Leaving aside the fact that the allies were fighting in Africa and Italy at that time, the demented psychopath was probably more right than wrong. So you could argue that the West is using Ukraine to weaken down the Russians so they don't have to die doing it.

Of course that puts The Russians in the role of the Nazis, and says that the Russians could be made weaker after less than a month of war, so the Russian propagandists wont use that line in their relentless "Everything we I mean they are doing is the Wests fault!" assault on truth.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

If nothing else, they're proven thier Army is inept, poorly led and fell victim to looting by the people who were supposed to be supplying it.

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:10 pm Idiot finds out playing soldier boy in Ukraine isn't as fun as he envisioned it to be.
JJ MacNab @jjmacnab wrote: Boogaloo travels to Ukraine to join up the foreign fighters against Putin, freaks out, and then tries to escape to Poland.

He claims he dressed up as Red Cross to get into Poland. If true, he may have created a war crime.
There have been at least 2 responses to the video McNab posted that was made by Henry Locke, the Boogaloo Boy.
Each video is in 2 parts, so I've put it below a spoiler tag so it won't be so long to scroll past:

► Show Spoiler
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:58 pm
Gregg wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:13 pm "Today we have seen the criminal Putin at the rally to celebrate the 2014 illegal invasion of Crimea, the event was livestreamed and as you have all seen, the broadcast was halted by the Ukraine 4H Club of Kyiv. Our newest generation of Farmers will be proficient in E Farming as you can see, and will grow up to raise wonderful foodstuffs and rip the souls from Russian invaders while converting their tanks to tractors!"
Guess that's the modern version of "beating swords into plowshares".
Nice catch!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Trolls are out.
5299B8DC-9F21-4AAC-950C-8F35EAEF3547.jpeg
5299B8DC-9F21-4AAC-950C-8F35EAEF3547.jpeg (42.49 KiB) Viewed 722 times
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Fox or OANN?

Danraft

Post by Danraft »

This is well put together. I’m on mobile, so just the link…
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/arch ... ia/627121/
W hen i visited iraq during the 2007 surge, I discovered that the conventional wisdom in Washington usually lagged the view from the field by two to four weeks. Something similar applies today. Analysts and commentators have grudgingly declared that the Russian invasion of Ukraine has been blocked, and that the war is stalemated. The more likely truth is that the Ukrainians are winning.

So why can’t Western analysts admit as much? Most professional scholars of the Russian military first predicted a quick and decisive Russian victory; then argued that the Russians would pause, learn from their mistakes, and regroup; then concluded that the Russians would actually have performed much better if they had followed their doctrine; and now tend to mutter that everything can change, that the war is not over, and that the weight of numbers still favors Russia. Their analytic failure will be only one of the elements of this war worth studying in the future.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

#Russia's only tank manufacturer, Uralvagonzavod, has stopped its production. The main reason for this is a lack of component parts.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

This video.....

:o

"Well, you don't know what
We can find
Why don't you come with me little girl
On a magic carpet ride
Well, you don't know what
We can see
Why don't you tell your dreams to me
Fantasy will set you free"
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I just wanted to say, especially for Frater's benefit (although I expect to see him tonight at the Virtual Meetup, along with all the cool kids), that my father spent virtually his entire military and post-military career in the Cold War, having graduated the Naval Academy in 1949. He still attends meetings of his old shipmates and they talk, of course. Mostly by Zoom now, but he does have a Ph.D. in computer science, Zoom is not a challenge for him. He thought he knew a lot about Russian military capabilities, especially after they captured Crimea in 2014.

Anyway, he said he was shocked that the Russians didn't capture Kyiv in two days and overrun the entire country in three weeks. He's still shocked by the ineffectiveness of the mighty Russian military machine that didn't turn out to be so mighty after all.

Putin tried to do what we did in Iraq, but he didn't have the military we had in 2003.

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”