Weird Headlines

Whatever4

Re: Weird Headlines

Post by Whatever4 »

Chrissy Teigen Points Out Topless Photo Of Herself Visible On Fox News Host Jeanine Pirro’s Phone

https://god.dailydot.com/jeanine-pirro-chrissy-teigen/

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)
ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Post by ZekeB »

Why else would anyone want to tune in Jeanine Pirro? Otherwise it would be like buying a copy of Playboy because you want to read the stories.

Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
Jim

Post by Jim »

ZekeB wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:57 pm Why else would anyone want to tune in Jeanine Pirro? Otherwise it would be like buying a copy of Playboy because you want to read the stories.
Playboy was great for their sports stories. Their pre-season predictions and team summaries were a must-read. Ole Hef knew just what young men wanted...sex, alcohol, and sports.

Don't trash a great magazine I started reading at 12. :D

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

https://www.9and10news.com/2020/07/08/r ... -grayling/
I-75 Detoured Near Grayling for Crash, Cows Roam Freeway

The Michigan State Police says a crash is the cause of a detour on I-75 near Grayling—and cows are roaming the freeway.

Crawford County Central Dispatch says both lanes are closed between mile markers 254 and 259.

North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Maine man saws neighbor’s garage in half amid boundary dispute

DOVER-FOXCROFT, Maine — A man who cut his neighbor’s garage in half with a Sawzall was on friendly terms with the man who built the structure — just not with everyone who lived on the property after he died.

Gabriel Brawn used a land surveyor’s demarcation between the two lots as a guide to remove the half of the building sitting on his land when a dispute over the boundary line boiled over.

Tracy Brawn said Thursday that her husband’s actions on the day after Memorial Day marked the latest, and they hope the final, step of an often contentious relationship between her family, others in the neighborhood and various inhabitants of 148 Grove St. in recent years.

Brawn and her family moved back to Dover-Foxcroft in 2012 to live in the home where her husband had grown up at 140 Grove St. — a property that once included the 0.23 acres just to the south that is now 148 Grove St., where a small home was added several decades ago.

:snippity:

[Families friendly until neighbor father died, things went south.]

The Brawns unsuccessfully tried to purchase the 148 Grove St. property in one attempt to resolve their issues.

The property-line dispute gained momentum in April when the Brawns put down a load of wood chips near the previously established boundary with 148 Grove St. in order for a tractor to travel the downhill grade to the back of their lot to clean up downed tree limbs.

Steve Ritter’s youngest son Blake soon planted a stake in the ground where the chips had been placed, Tracy Brawn said.

“He said, ‘This is our property, get your stuff off it,’ so we had to call a land surveyor,” she said.

The surveyor determined that the dividing line between the properties was in the center of the 148 Grove St. driveway — and right through the middle of the garage.

[dispute escalates]

The next day, Gabriel Brawn — who works in construction — took a Sawzall and skillfully cut down the half of the garage that was on his family’s property and left the remains on the other side of the surveyor’s line.

https://bangordailynews.com/2020/07/18/ ... y-dispute/
FC426F3D-B9FF-458F-AE16-3FE361E81DF8.jpeg
Tape is at property line. So who is right? Police didn’t want to get involved as it’s a civil matter. Pretty dickish move, didn’t try to go to court.

This is in a county of 17,000 people and a town of about 4K.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)
Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

IANAL but the improvements look pretty well established to me so wouldn't adverse possession come into play? Isn't it 10 years?

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

People get so wound up over property lines. It is supposed to be part of the due diligence when property changes hands, and sometimes a surveyor is required to determine where the line actually is. We bought our lot in 1989. The adjacent property behind us was an active 40 acre hazelnut orchard owned by an old local family with several domiciles for the three generations that lived there. When our neighborhood was built, engineered fill was brought in to level out the land putting our backyard five feet above the prevailing grade. Though our fence was at the top of the sloped berm, I always assumed our land went to the bottom of the berm because who would let a developer creep out onto your land six feet.

Wrong. When the family seniors died, their children sold the orchard to developers. The land use board of the late 90's decided that two rows of the orchard had to remain to act as a buffer between neighborhoods, and a natural space for animals to pass in a rural area converting to urban housing. That decision stood for a decade. During the Bush 43 administration, when the Tea Party rose in strength, and right wing thinking crept through the public, property rights became a hot subject, and those two rows of orchard became a "takings" the new neighborhood HOA successfully challenged.

Almost immediately the bulldozers rolled through, took out the trees, and survey crews were marking the property line. As it turned out, our back fence was a over foot into their land meaning for 25 years, this berm of dirt was almost 10 feet into the orchard property. I tried to challenge for adverse possession, but lost on the grounds that none of our adjacent neighbors wanted to join the suit. It was an all-or-nothing straight line. There wasn't going to be carve outs. The new home owners gleefully cut down our fences, trees, gardens, and whatever was inside their line. We returned the favor by gleefully kicking out their fence posts if they were an angstrom over the taunt cord line we set to represent the line. They challenged the cord, but surveyors agreed on where it laid, and many had to pull their fences back.

We never did get along with the new people behind us. My silent prayers for a meteor crashing on their street were never answered. (sigh) The hostility extended to public places like the grocery, and public meetings. Over time things have calmed down. I've gotten to know the second owners. They weren't part of the original crowd, and not part of the problem. We put the good foot out, and welcomed them over the fence. But, you can tell they were brought up to speed by their neighbors by their initial hesitancy to reciprocate friendliness. It's an imperfect world. If it weren't for the smoke and flying embers, their neighborhood could be consumed by a wildfire, and I wouldn't weep.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

No one wants to end up on "Fear Thy Neighbor" on the Murder Channel!

We have some concerns right now about the property on our right. It's about 40 acres and was a small farm up until a few years ago with about a dozen cows. The owner died almost two years ago. The family tried to auction it off, but couldn't get a bid that they thought was fair. Our wooded property is only 55-feet wide at the street, but widens out to 100-feet wide 150 back where we placed the house. It then runs up a not-too-steep hill 500 feet behind the house (1 1/4 acres). We are worried about our 40-foot turnaround, which ends at our property line. If they develop the property next door, the property, which used to be level and then slope down, will almost certainly be cut out. That will undercut our turnaround severely. Also, we have never had neighbors on that side of the house and could end up with ten houses backing up to our property. :eek2:

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
HeatherGray

Post by HeatherGray »

My grandmother's property had a weirdly slanting property line which led to the previous owner building an alphalt driveway that crossed about six inches over part of that line. She lived there for years before the property changed hands into the hands of a small-time real estate speculator. He figured he could gouge the old lady for some money. She told him "well, I've heard about this thing called adverse possession so I'll refer the matter to my lawyer." Her lawyer was also her personal friend.

Without any money changing hands, the property line was squared up so neither party lost a square foot. She probably didn't even get billed much by her lawyer. My grandmother was nobody's fool.

Mr. Gneiss

Post by Mr. Gneiss »

Sugar Magnolia wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:23 am IANAL but the improvements look pretty well established to me so wouldn't adverse possession come into play? Isn't it 10 years?
IANALBIAALS (I am not a lawyer but I am a land surveyor)

The time period(s) required for adverse possession to ripen varies from state to state. For example, in Colorado it is 18 years and in Maine it is 20 years. Surveyors use the mnemonic OCEAN for all the requirements that must be met for ownership of the land to change hands by adverse possession and acquiescence. Those requirements are that the occupation be open, continuous, exclusive, adverse and notorious. Generally speaking once those conditions have ripened the "squatter" owns the property. However, a quiet title action in court is required to make the land salable.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Nudist chases wild boar who snatched his laptop

BERLIN - A German nudist had the last laugh after giving chase to a wild boar that had run off with a bag containing his laptop.

Pictures posted on social media show the naked man running after a sow and her two piglets to the mirth of fellow bathers at Berlin's Teufelssee, or Devil's Lake.

Adele Landauer, an actor and coach who says she took the pictures, wrote that the man “gave his all.”

German daily Bild reported Friday that the man, who wasn't identified, succeeded in recovering his pilfered laptop.

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/nudist-chas ... his-laptop

-- Sen. King (I-ME)
JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

Northland10 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:57 am https://www.9and10news.com/2020/07/08/r ... -grayling/

The Michigan State Police says a crash is the cause of a detour on I-75 near Grayling—and cows are roaming the freeway.

Crawford County Central Dispatch says both lanes are closed between mile markers 254 and 259.
Isn't Grayling either the home town or relatively close to it of annoying poot Ted Visner that we have covered in his own thread here? Or maybe I'm confusing him with Destry Paine.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

JohnPCapitalist wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:08 pm
Northland10 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:57 am https://www.9and10news.com/2020/07/08/r ... -grayling/

Isn't Grayling either the home town or relatively close to it of annoying poot Ted Visner that we have covered in his own thread here? Or maybe I'm confusing him with Destry Paine.
Ted was in Mt Pleasant which is about an hour south until he went east to the Pinconning area (I am pointing at my hand to show where).

I do recall Destry hanging out in various places east of Grayling (or maybe in Crawford County itself) though he was also bouncing around north of Flint, among other places.

Camp Grayling, the national guard training base nearby Grayling, MI is popular on the FEMA camp circuit.

North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Post by ZekeB »

Nunes' cows would disapprove.

Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

MONKEY NUTS Sex-crazed monkeys running riot in Thai city are being sterilised in bid to bring rampaging population under control

A RAMPAGING population of sex-crazed monkeys are being sterilised by Thai authorities in bid to bring them under control.

Locals in the city of Lopburi say the macaques primates are running rampant because the lack of tourism caused by the coronavirus lockdown has left the feral beasts starved of food.

Residents have tried to help the creatures by feeding them junk food, but it is feared the sugary diet has made them sex crazed and breeding faster than before, it has been reported.

Now, a sterilisation plan by authorities is underway as locals look to take back control of the streets.

Before coronavirus, the humans and the primates used to live together peacefully with the monkey population believed to be as high as 6,000.

But since the regular food supply from tourists dried up and the streets emptied, locals talk of a city where the small creatures are running riot.

Drastic action is now being taken by authorities who have restarted a sterilisation this month after a three-year pause.

Wildlife department officers plan to lure the creatures into cages and take them to a clinic, where they will be sedated, sterilised and left with a tattoo to mark their neutering.

They aim to neuter 500 of them by Friday.

It is thought there may be some pushback from residents who have grown accustomed to the monkeys, despite the problems they have caused recently.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11952827/ ... d-lopburi/

-- Sen. King (I-ME)
Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

We have a monkey nut vine on our back fence and it runs rampant too.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

2020 Libertarian presidential nominee not attending Jackson campaign event after being bitten by bat
https://www.wlbt.com/2020/08/07/liberta ... en-by-bat/

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Sugar Magnolia wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:29 am 2020 Libertarian presidential nominee not attending Jackson campaign event after being bitten by bat
Jorgensen has a Ph. D in Organizational Psychology, is a Senior Lecturer at Clemson University and an entrepreneur.
I have a thing against PhDs who use "Dr." (in editing, used only for doctors, dentists, veterinarians, et al.). Yeah, it's probably just me.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:17 am
Sugar Magnolia wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:29 am 2020 Libertarian presidential nominee not attending Jackson campaign event after being bitten by bat
Jorgensen has a Ph. D in Organizational Psychology, is a Senior Lecturer at Clemson University and an entrepreneur.
I have a thing against PhDs who use "Dr." (in editing, used only for doctors, dentists, veterinarians, et al.). Yeah, it's probably just me.
My dad never used the title, especially while travelling. He was afraid he would be called on to deliver a baby.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Grumpy Old Guy wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:21 am
My dad never used the title, especially while travelling. He was afraid he would be called on to deliver a baby.
That's part of why most academic editors don't use it. "Dr. Jones" conjures up a medical practitioner of some kind. It seems pretentious, but I'm like that about the ubiquitous "Bob Smith, MBA."

Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

"Canada brewery apologises for beer named 'pubic hair' in Maori":
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/...

kate520

Post by kate520 »

Nudist chases wild boar who snatched his laptop
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

DEFEND DEMOCRACY
RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:25 am
Grumpy Old Guy wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:21 am

That's part of why most academic editors don't use it. "Dr. Jones" conjures up a medical practitioner of some kind. It seems pretentious, but I'm like that about the ubiquitous "Bob Smith, MBA."
It’s only really appropriate in the academic setting. As in “My Lit professor this semester is Dr. Brown.”

Not, at a social gathering, “This is my wife, Dr. Brown.” That’s just wrong.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3
DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Butt-naked man caught chasing wild boar that stole his laptop
https://nypost.com/2020/08/07/naked-man ... is-laptop/

I've heard this bull before.
Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Woman does karate, son gets nude, dog steals cornbread mix from Walmart, police say

https://www.nbc12.com/2019/04/12/woman- ... wRyBk5qZpM

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”