Weird Headlines

Jeffrey

Re: Weird Headlines

Post by Jeffrey » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:26 am

English woman died after falling on metal straw that went through her eye, impaled brain, inquest hears
https://www.foxnews.com/world/metal-str ... aled-brain

Mr. Gneiss

Post by Mr. Gneiss » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:05 pm

Looks like Florida Man took a trip to Colorado this weekend. :smoking:

15-foot snake slithers out of parked car in Denver as drunk owner lays passed out

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:27 am

Savage tick-clone armies are sucking cows to death; experts fear for humans
Ravenous swarms of cloned ticks have killed a fifth cow in North Carolina by exsanguination—that is, by draining it of blood—the state’s Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services warned this week.

Experts fear that the bloodthirsty throngs, which were first noticed in the United States in 2017, will continue their rampage, siphoning life out of animals and eventually transmitting diseases, potentially deadly ones, to humans.

According to the new report out of North Carolina, the latest victim there was a young bull in Surry County at the border with Virginia. At the time of its death, the doomed beast had more than 1,000 ticks on him. The official cause of death was acute anemia, which is typically associated with severe hemorrhaging. The bull’s owner had lost four other cattle the same way since 2018.

The case echoes the first report of the tick, which stalked a lone sheep paddocked in an affluent neighborhood in New Jersey in August 2017. The animal was besieged by hundreds of ticks, which scrambled up the legs of health investigators when they walked in to survey the situation.
I've heard this bull before.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:53 am

:shock: :o I’m never going outside again. :shock:
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:43 pm

Police warn against rise of meth gators in Alabama
Police are asking residents to think twice before flushing their meth down the toilet.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:26 am

DejaMoo wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:43 pm
Police warn against rise of meth gators in Alabama
Police are asking residents to think twice before flushing their meth down the toilet.
I guess they will need this warning for Chicago's Humboldt Park neighborhood now. That gator is still at large.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:43 am

Colorado dogs getting high from eating human poop
A Colorado veterinarian said dogs in the Aspen area are being brought in with marijuana toxicity after getting high from eating human poop at trails and campgrounds.

Marijuana toxicity in dogs has been on the rise since states began legalizing recreational use of the plant, with the Pet Poison Helpline reporting a 448 percent increase in cases over the past six years.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:59 am

Grocery sees dirty word in 'Summa Cum Laude,' censors cake
CHARLESTON, S.C. — A South Carolina woman isn't happy a grocery store censored her honor graduate son's cake, which was supposed to include the Latin phrase "Summa Cum Laude."

She says the online message box did not like the word "cum," the Latin word for "with." The computer marked it as a naughty word and substituted three hyphens.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:06 am

DejaMoo wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:43 am
Colorado dogs getting high from eating human poop
A Colorado veterinarian said dogs in the Aspen area are being brought in with marijuana toxicity after getting high from eating human poop at trails and campgrounds.

Marijuana toxicity in dogs has been on the rise since states began legalizing recreational use of the plant, with the Pet Poison Helpline reporting a 448 percent increase in cases over the past six years.
Hmm. Trail etiquette for how to poop in the words starts with the words "dig a hole 6 inches deep".
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

MRich

Post by MRich » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:37 am

DejaMoo wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:59 am
CHARLESTON, S.C. — A South Carolina woman isn't happy a grocery store censored her honor graduate son's cake, which was supposed to include the Latin phrase "Summa Cum Laude."

She says the online message box did not like the word "cum," the Latin word for "with." The computer marked it as a naughty word and substituted three hyphens.
In a chat room I once typed "magna cum laude" and it substituted for that word, resulting in "magna ejaculate laude". It also substituted "German" for "kraut" so I told someone we had "German and weenies" for lunch. :lol:

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:31 am

:lol: Didn't one of the RW/"Christian" news sites auto-censor "gay" to "homosexual" some years back? Which led to reports of the sprint victories of athlete Tyson Homosexual! :lol:

Lani

Post by Lani » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:06 am

MRich wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:37 am
DejaMoo wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:59 am

In a chat room I once typed "magna cum laude" and it substituted for that word, resulting in "magna ejaculate laude". It also substituted "German" for "kraut" so I told someone we had "German and weenies" for lunch. :lol:
I'm surprised that there wasn't a substitution for "weenies"!
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:44 pm

Five Florida Guys arrested after fist fight at Florida Five Guys

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/cr ... story.html
"Three juvenile males and two adult males were charged with affray and processed at the Martin County Jail," the department said.

Under Florida law, affray is a first degree misdemeanor charge resulting from two or more people fighting in a public place, disturbing the peace.

Police were called at about 12:30 p.m. A woman who witnessed the incident told authorities that one of the males was “talking s---” to another, a cup was thrown, and a door to the restaurant was slammed in someone’s face before an “all out brawl” broke out, according to an arrest report the department released Thursday.

Keith Morine of Palm City and Loren Perine of Stuart, both 18, were arrested and taken to the Martin County Jail. The minors were fingerprinted and booked, and later released to a parent.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:38 pm

Fake legs are being left at memorial for man killed by shark off Massachusetts coast
Authorities want to know why three fake legs have been left at different times at a memorial to a man who died after he was bitten by a sharkoff the Massachusetts coast.

The most recent leg was left at Newcomb Hollow Beach a week ago Saturday, Lt. Michael Hurley of the Wellfleet Police Department said.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:05 pm

Man bitten by rabid bat hiding inside iPad case
Last Thursday night, 86-year-old Roy Syvertson sat down in his living room to look at his iPad when he got the big surprise.

“It felt like a little bee sting," Syvertson said. "And I looked and the bat was coming out of here between the cover and the back of the pad.”

As for how the bat got into his house.

“It will remain a mystery,” he said. “He probably knew my password is not going to last forever. That won’t be funny for a long time.”

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:17 pm

Horse Punched, 4 Deputies Injured as Drunken Fight Breaks Out at Stanislaus County Fair
The sheriff’s department says the horse is doing just fine and was recovering Monday by “running around his pasture and eating alfalfa.” They even posted a picture of Maximus with a tiny Band-Aid and a teddy bear to comfort him.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:37 pm

Grocery store employee missing for 10 years found behind store's cooler

https://komonews.com/news/nation-world/ ... res-cooler

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:06 pm

That news was fresh off the vine here yesterday. I travelled drove to Omaha last Saturday and will be going back in time fifty years when I leave tomorrow.
Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:16 pm

:shock:
That's crazy because there is a smell and it's pretty distinctive. 10 years and they didn't notice?
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:26 pm

neonzx wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:16 pm
:shock:
That's crazy because there is a smell and it's pretty distinctive. 10 years and they didn't notice?
They were in the process of closing the store when he disappeared. Apparently he was trapped behind the freezer and nobody noticed. The building has since been unoccupied. If anyone did enter the building during the stink phase, I suppose they thought it was rotten meat.
Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:33 am

ZekeB wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:26 pm
If anyone did enter the building during the stink phase, I suppose they thought it was rotten meat.
Which, technically, it was. :sick:
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:07 am

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:50 am

Volkonski wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:07 am
The link to the story.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-afgh ... SKCN1UI0Q9
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

ArthurWankspittle

Post by ArthurWankspittle » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:29 am

Going to Tibet now and deleting Facebook you have my email address.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:25 pm

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:29 am
Gene Pool removed from gene pool:
https://www.chieftain.com/news/20190629 ... ne-pool-37
:shock: what a name!
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”