All Dogz Worthy

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Re: All Dogz Worthy

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:22 pm

RVInit wrote:
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: I broke 4 para rule cuz I couldn't post pics AND cuz DOGZ!!!!!!
Dogz is a good reason to break pretty much any rule. :thumbs:
:bighug:
“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Lani

Post by Lani » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:02 am

I has a happy about my dog today. :dance:

An attorney in my office is babysitting a very senior dog while a close friend has to go to the mainland due to a family emergency. He has to bring the dog to work with him. He was told ok if everyone in the office agreed. I was the last person asked. His office is directly across the hall from mine, so it will have the biggest impact on me.

I said I was fine with that, but it did raise some concerns.
1. He is allowed to bring a dog to work, but I, a woman, am not.
2. He has a higher income than me and now is also getting a benefit that I don't get.
3. As a person with a disability, I have the right under the EEOA to have a support animal at work, but he, without a disability, gets to bring a dog to the office just cuz.

Wish I had taken a photo of his face. :rotflmao: I told him I was being snarky and don't worry about it, but I would like to have the same option he has. And I went about my day.

So a little while later the county attorney made a surprise visit about my "concerns". I laffed, but then thought I'd have more fun. I said I understood the pay inequity as we are on different tracks, but the man is also being given a benefit that I am denied. (Also, a union problem. Bonus points!) The obvious gender inequality. Plus the ADA & EEOA issues. Older female with a disability, what could possibly go wrong?

Again, the look on the guy's face was a wonder to behold. :blink: We wound up talking about how these random decisions create unintended consequences and the importance of discussing such matters with me first (as the civil rights officer). Then we moved on to some unrelated fair housing act issues.

Oh, and by the way, my beloved Ted is now welcomed to come to work with me. :happyfamily:

Realistically, I'm not bringing my dog to work as a regular event. But so long as the old doggie is stuck in an office with a stranger while its owner is away, Ted will be around to keep it company.

All in all, I had fun at work today!
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:00 am

:thumbs: :thumbs:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:16 am

I could never bring Auggie to work. He'd be chasing after everyone squeezing his squeaky toy until they threw it for him.

Over

And

Over

And

Over

Again.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:26 pm

From my niece's Facebook page -
Outside of a dog, a book is a woman's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:39 pm

MN-Skeptic wrote:From my niece's Facebook page -
Outside of a dog, a book is a woman's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read.
That was originally said by Groucho Marx.
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:27 am

And it's just as true today as when he said it all those years ago.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:39 pm

UPDATE ON SUGAR DOG AND HER STOMACH!
This R rated.

Sugar had a traditional surgery after the first attempt to drain and kill the multiple cysts. Here are the pictures of what was removed AFTER draining one liter of fluid. It is not malignant. I plan to buy my vets a beer to get all the technical details of What the Fuck Is That? It grew from her spleen which is the dark, narrow tissue. It was totally encapsulated and "the size of a soccer ball". This was 2 weeks after draining a liter of fluid.
► Show Spoiler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:41 pm

:shock:

HOLY CPAPAMOLE!!!!

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:43 pm

Chilidog wrote::shock:

HOLY CPAPAMOLE!!!!
Really! She was her sweet, calm self throughout this ordeal beginning spring 2017.

Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:23 pm

tiredretiredlawyer wrote:It is not malignant.
One of the most beautiful sentences in the English language.
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:13 pm

WHAT THE HECK!!!
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:14 pm

Dr. Caligari wrote:
tiredretiredlawyer wrote:It is not malignant.
One of the most beautiful sentences in the English language.
Yes!!!

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:36 pm

Chilidog wrote::shock:

HOLY CPAPAMOLE!!!!
I'll third that. That is easily the most disgusting thing I think I have seen in memory, and I've seen some disgusting things over the years. If Sugar Dog had that in her stomach, how big is the dog, that had to have been awful for her. I'm so glad it wasn't malignant. Hopefully she is doing well and recovering happily now.

June bug

Post by June bug » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:21 pm

Poor baby! It looks like she swallowed a turkey!!!

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:59 pm

:shock: Wow. I had a rather large cyst that was brought to heel simply by draining it, and a very large fibroid tumor (benign). But this beats both of mine put together.

I am so happy that it was benign, and I hope she wasn't terribly uncomfortable. Dogs are so special, there is just no doubt about that. I bet she is so relieved. You are a great doggie Mom!
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

Shizzle Popped

Post by Shizzle Popped » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:13 am

That's absolutely horrifying and is larger than my entire dog! Praying that Sugar is resting comfortably and recovers quickly.
If a deficit spending, constant golfing, blame shirking, Russia lover is your guy then the next time somebody asks "Hey conservatives,do you love America?" you have to say "Sure,but not as much as I love my side winning."
Neal Brennan

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:23 am

Thank you to all my fogbowzer friends and doggie lovers. :bighug:

Sugar is doing better and is gaining weight. Hubby said she weighed 13 pounds less after the surgery. He was the one who noted the turgidity of her stomach.

Feeding her is a challenge because she did not want regular dog food before surgery and we are trying to fatten her up now. She has a sweet, feminine energy. We are glad she will be with us for a while. :lovestruck:

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:03 am

So glad to hear that.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:33 am

THIRTEEN POUND!?!?

So happy she's rid of that monstrosity. Good girl. :lovestruck:
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:28 am

Poor puppy, that sounds hideous, I'm sure she is glad to be rid of it.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:29 am

I'm sure that without that mass in her tummy, she's going to be a lot hungrier.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:49 pm

There is a new camera at Explore.org - The Old Friend's Senior Dog Sanctuary. Check it out!

https://explore.org/live-cams/player/se ... ering-room
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

Lani

Post by Lani » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:28 pm

Confession. I check in on We Rate Dogs almost daily. I heard about it a few months ago, read a few tweets, smiled. But didn't particularly care. Over time, I've come to appreciate it for being my happy place to drop by when feeling stressed or sad. Like today. And it didn't disappoint.
WeRateDogs™ (author)
WeRateDogs™ (author) @dog_rates

There are almost 10,000 dog "selfies" underneath this tweet if you all need them right now ❤️

10:31 AM · Aug 12, 2017

Others agree.

"thank you. one more from my girl as we need all the dog selfies we can get right now"

"Take a little comfort here. ❤️ "

"Daisy a certified therapy dog in Houston! Sending healing to all our broken hearts"

"You're a good guy. I love dogs but I follow the account because of the decency you constantly exhibit. Thank you."

And now I'm going to take my dog for a RIDE! RIDE!!!! (It's his favorite thing.)
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:44 pm

Cross post from Military News:

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/2017/0 ... le-mascot/

Bulldog puppy becomes Parris Island’s first female mascot

A puppy named Opha Mae is breaking down barriers at Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island, South Carolina.

The English bulldog will be Parris Island’s newest mascot and the first female to hold the post, according to the Beaufort Gazette.

She is “currently a poolee,” depot spokesman Capt. Adam Flores told the Gazette, “and will begin recruit training in the near future.”

The pint-sized bulldog’s name is fitting: She is named in honor of Opha Mae Johnson, the first female Marine.
Opha Mae Puppy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”