Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Re: All Dogz Worthy

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:56 am

KXG wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:00 pm
Dear Friends,

Continuing saga of dog attack-

I retained an attorney today. I had to take this action, as it’s now been nine days since I was attacked and bitten and still there is no confirmation the dogs are in rabies quarantine. As I remarked earlier, I’ve learned only one of animals had current rabies vaccination. Hoping to get the animals in quarantine, so I don’t have to go through Rabies PEP. Aside from being painful my doc has informed me there can be long term adverse impact to bone marrow from this series.

More, later.
Give 'em hell. What is happening to you is beyond ridiculous, absurd, inhumane, stupid, frightening, (insert adjective). :thumbs:

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

KXG

Post by KXG » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:56 pm

Dear Friends,

I’ve now learned the owners of the two pit bull type dogs that attacked me have refused to surrender the dogs for quarantine and have hidden them. This is now a criminal case.

This is of course of no help in determining whether I require rabies PEP for unvaccinated dog bite.

And, yes, I told the police and animal welfare the owners would probably run or hid the the dog, to no avail.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:03 pm

KXG wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:56 pm
Dear Friends,

I’ve now learned the owners of the two pit bull type dogs that attacked me have refused to surrender the dogs for quarantine and have hidden them. This is now a criminal case.

This is of course of no help in determining whether I require rabies PEP for unvaccinated dog bite.

And, yes, I told the police and animal welfare the owners would probably run or hid the the dog, to no avail.
Now is the time to email the gory photos of your injuries to the local news channels, along with a letter about the complete incompetence of all city workers involved. Our news stations love that sort of thing and it ALWAYS gets results.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:07 pm

What she said.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

KXG

Post by KXG » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:58 pm

Filed open records request for OKC Animal Welfare dept file on case.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:56 am

KXG wrote:
Dear Friends,

Just a thought about the rabbies vaccination: have there recently been any rabbies cases reported in your area? If not, then the risk of infection ought to be really low that the dog got into a fight with a ill critter. The owner obviously also „survived“ until now handling his dog.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:37 am

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:03 pm
KXG wrote:
Dear Friends,

Now is the time to email the gory photos of your injuries to the local news channels, along with a letter about the complete incompetence of all city workers involved. Our news stations love that sort of thing and it ALWAYS gets results.
My rabble rousing, give 'em hell side agrees, Sugar. My lawyer side advises only do this if your lawyer okays it.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

KXG

Post by KXG » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:19 am

Dear Friends,

Continuing dog bite saga....

I was informed last evening, some 14 days after being bitten, that I should present myself to a Hospital ER for the Rabies PEP. Once again, no transparency; no idea why the change in recommendation, on what basis the change was made or who made the recommendation. “Health Department” is not an appropriate answer to those questions. Was this the stock answer to a dog bite question, read of a sheet of paper by the person answering the telephone, or an informed decision made by qualified personnel familiar with the facts?

If you have an unvaccinated dog, shame on you! If it’s a financial problem keeping you from having the animal vaccinated there are plenty of free clinics, google “free rabies clinic”.

If you choose to let your animals run loose, shame on you! I’m tired of your cats killing song birds and s@&$ing in the flower beds. I’m tired of being menaced and threatened by your dogs!

KXG

Post by KXG » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:11 pm

Dear Friends,

Continuing saga of dog bite -

After consultation with Dr and PA this morning I went to Hospital ER to start course of Rabies vaccine. Four shots over the next 14 days. Had owner placed animals in quarantine this likely could have been avoided.

Lani

Post by Lani » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:20 am

Dog Always Brings A Leaf To 'Buy' Himself Treats At The Store
https://www.thedodo.com/amphtml/close-t ... ssion=true

He's a very good dog!

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:53 am

Lani wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:20 am
Dog Always Brings A Leaf To 'Buy' Himself Treats At The Store
https://www.thedodo.com/amphtml/close-t ... ssion=true

He's a very good dog!
What a great story, and clever doggie!

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:20 pm

image1.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:27 pm

Therapy dogs visit Pittsburgh neighborhood after shooting
Therapy dogs visited Pittsburgh's Squirrel Hill neighborhood the day after a mass shooting killed 11 congregants in one of the area's largest and best-known synagogues.

The Go Team, a group overseeing therapy dog teams, sent 13 dogs of all sizes to comfort the community on Saturday, according to local outlet the Tribune-Review.

“We’re just here to support the community,” Lisa Pierce, a member of The Go Team, told the news website. “Sometimes just petting a dog helps.” <SNIP>
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... r-shooting

tweet in the article:
julia reinstein

@juliareinstein
By the way, therapy dogs came to Squirrel Hill today.

<I am unable to post the other three photos :madguy: >
11:02 AM - Oct 28, 2018

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:27 am

Doggiez make everything better. :lovestruck:

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:05 am

KXG wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:11 pm
Dear Friends,

Continuing saga of dog bite -

After consultation with Dr and PA this morning I went to Hospital ER to start course of Rabies vaccine. Four shots over the next 14 days. Had owner placed animals in quarantine this likely could have been avoided.
How are you doing? :brokenheart:

KXG

Post by KXG » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:30 am

Dear Friends,

Continuing dog bite saga-

I had the second of five injections for rabies PEP last Friday. No hideous reaction to the vaccine, other than soreness from the shot in the arm. Bite wound is healing well.

Obtained the Animal Welfare dept file after submitting Open Records request to City Clerk. “Owner” now says real owner is boyfriend? and she was just boarding the dogs? After reading a few paragraphs of outright lies and obfuscations I find myself becoming a less than charitable toward some fellow humans.

Dogs are nowhere to be found, or Animal Welfare isn’t looking very hard, so I will have to go through full course of rabies injections.

Stay tuned for more

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:28 am

We're hoping for the best, KXG. What a nightmare. :madguy:

Welcome, seeker! There's a seeker born every minute!

Addie

Post by Addie » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:16 pm

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:34 am

KXG wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:30 am
Dear Friends,

Continuing dog bite saga-

I had the second of five injections for rabies PEP last Friday. No hideous reaction to the vaccine, other than soreness from the shot in the arm. Bite wound is healing well.

Obtained the Animal Welfare dept file after submitting Open Records request to City Clerk. “Owner” now says real owner is boyfriend? and she was just boarding the dogs? After reading a few paragraphs of outright lies and obfuscations I find myself becoming a less than charitable toward some fellow humans.

Dogs are nowhere to be found, or Animal Welfare isn’t looking very hard, so I will have to go through full course of rabies injections.

Stay tuned for more
Any updates?

KXG

Post by KXG » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:21 am

Dog bite saga - update

Completed the course of rabies vaccinations. I feel very fortunate not to have had any adverse reactions to the injections. May have an adverse reaction to the bill, as a brief Google survey suggests costs might be $3k to $10k. We’ll see how much insurance covers. ER doctors advised me to continue to be on the lookout for deep infection at wound site, due to nature of dog bite puncture wounds.

On the legal front, I’ve now learned there were two previous incidents of unconfined animals, and one attack, from the same animals since 23 June, 2018. Court hearing next week for one of the previous incidents, and hearings for the total of six citations issued in conjunction with attack on myself are on Nov 26th and 29th.

I am now the proud owner of 80,000 volt stun gun and have started walking/jogging in the neighborhood again. Still a bit nervous of noises in the dark, and not actively trolling for pit bulls to zap with the stun gun, but I refuse to be intimidated in my own neighborhood.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:32 am

Thanks for the update. I hope your lawyer is busy gathering info and representing you zealously.

Boxley

Who needs a puppy picture?

Post by Boxley » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Retired Wildlife Biologist. I drive a sharp, fast Morgan put to a marathon carriage.

Boxley

Who needs a puppy picture?

Post by Boxley » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:21 pm

Image[/url]

Retired Wildlife Biologist. I drive a sharp, fast Morgan put to a marathon carriage.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:46 pm

KXG wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:21 am
Dog bite saga - update

Completed the course of rabies vaccinations. I feel very fortunate not to have had any adverse reactions to the injections. May have an adverse reaction to the bill, as a brief Google survey suggests costs might be $3k to $10k. We’ll see how much insurance covers. ER doctors advised me to continue to be on the lookout for deep infection at wound site, due to nature of dog bite puncture wounds.

On the legal front, I’ve now learned there were two previous incidents of unconfined animals, and one attack, from the same animals since 23 June, 2018. Court hearing next week for one of the previous incidents, and hearings for the total of six citations issued in conjunction with attack on myself are on Nov 26th and 29th.

I am now the proud owner of 80,000 volt stun gun and have started walking/jogging in the neighborhood again. Still a bit nervous of noises in the dark, and not actively trolling for pit bulls to zap with the stun gun, but I refuse to be intimidated in my own neighborhood.
My ass would be sitting in the hearing next week too.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:44 pm

:rotflmao:

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”