Another LEO Involved Shooting/Use of Excessive Force

Maclilly

Re: Another LEO Involved Shooting/Use of Excessive Force

Post by Maclilly » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:05 am

I'm only a paralegal but we did SSD in our office. We stopped as it wasn't as profitable as PI and workers comp. Per my boss, I tell potential callers to apply at the Ss.gov website. It's free and if you are approved you have no fee. Yes you are likely to be denied at first, but why pay to file a free application. We did this even when we did these appeals.

You only need an attorney for the appeals process. SS will gather all your medical records so don't spend the money buying records.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:00 pm

Mistrial. Jury deadlocked. Can fucking 2016 just shoot itself in the fucking head already?

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/05/us/mi ... index.html
Charleston, South Carolina (CNN)The judge in the murder trial of former North Charleston, South Carolina, police officer Michael Slager on Monday declared a mistrial after jurors were unable to reach a verdict after four days of deliberations.

Slager, who is white, shot and killed Walter Scott, 50, an unarmed black man, after a 2015 traffic stop. The shooting was captured on a bystander's cell phone video, which showed Scott running away as Slager shot him multiple times in the back.

Prosecutor Scarlett Wilson in a statement expressed disappointment, but said: "We will try Michael Slager again."

The jury, which deliberated for 22 hours, had indicated Friday it was deadlocked -- a fact that made the mistrial all the more disappointing for the Scott family.

Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:21 pm

Suranis wrote:Mistrial. Jury deadlocked. Can fucking 2016 just shoot itself in the fucking head already?

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/05/us/mi ... index.html
Charleston, South Carolina (CNN)The judge in the murder trial of former North Charleston, South Carolina, police officer Michael Slager on Monday declared a mistrial after jurors were unable to reach a verdict after four days of deliberations.

Slager, who is white, shot and killed Walter Scott, 50, an unarmed black man, after a 2015 traffic stop. The shooting was captured on a bystander's cell phone video, which showed Scott running away as Slager shot him multiple times in the back.

Prosecutor Scarlett Wilson in a statement expressed disappointment, but said: "We will try Michael Slager again."

The jury, which deliberated for 22 hours, had indicated Friday it was deadlocked -- a fact that made the mistrial all the more disappointing for the Scott family.
I wish I could say I am surprised.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:25 pm

Apparently it was just one knucklehead who was the holdout. Where have we heard that before?

Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:21 pm

Body-Cam Footage Shows Arizona Police Using Taser On Man 11 Times During Traffic Stop
Johnny Wheatcroft, who has accused the officers of using a stun gun on his testicles, is suing them for using “excessive … force and torture.”

(Which the cop did do, in the video you can see the cop pull the man's pants down and shove the stun gun into his testicals from behind while he's on the ground. Unfucking believable!)
Newly obtained body-camera footage shows police in Glendale, Arizona, using a stun gun on a man 11 times, including on his bare testicles, during a 2017 traffic stop.

Arizona’s ABC 15 and The Arizona Republic obtained footage that shows one officer kicking 39-year-old Johnny Wheatcroft ― who was handcuffed and lying on the ground at the time ― in the groin and using a stun gun on his testicles as his wife and two children plead with officers to stop. Wheatcroft is now suing the officers and police department for “excessive … force and torture.”

Several independent law enforcement experts who reviewed the body-cam footage told the ABC affiliate that the officers’ conduct was unlawful and “outrageous.”

“That’s not even borderline. That’s inhumane,” said former LAPD detective supervisor T.T. Williams.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bo ... e1b17e2f7b

Birfers are toast

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:37 pm

It's Arizona. PR for the course.

Return to “► ► Breaking News ◄ ◄”