Weather Alerts

Emma

Weather Alerts

Post by Emma »

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORMAN OK 250 PM CDT TUE MAY 21 2013...NWS DAMAGE SURVEY FOR 5/20/2013 NEWCASTLE/MOORE TORNADO EVENT - UPDATE 3... ...NWS DAMAGE SURVEY HAS NOW RATED THE NEWCASTLE/MOORE TORNADO AS EF5... .OVERVIEW...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DISPATCHED FOUR DAMAGE SURVEY TEAMS TO THE PATH OF THE NEWCASTLE/MOORE OK TORNADO. NEW STATEMENTS WILL BE ISSUED THROUGHOUT THE DAY AS THESE TEAMS REPORT FINDINGS. THIS INFORMATION REMAINS PRELIMINARY AND THE INFORMATION HERE COULD CHANGE. .NEWCASTLE/MOORE TORNADO RATING: EF5 ESTIMATED PEAK WIND: 200-210 MPH PATH LENGTH /STATUTE/: 17 MILES PATH WIDTH /MAXIMUM/: 1.3 MILES FATALITIES: N/A INJURIES: N/ASTART DATE: MAY 20 2013START TIME: 2:45 PM CDT START LOCATION: 4.4 W NEWCASTLE /GRADY COUNTY /OKSTART LAT/LON: 35.2580 / -97.6775END DATE: MAY 20 2013END TIME: 3:35 PM CDTEND LOCATION: 4.8 E OF MOORE OK /CLEVELAND COUNTY /OKEND LAT/LON: 35.3409 / -97.4007 SURVEY SUMMARY: EXPERTS SURVEYING IN MOORE HAVE DETERMINED DAMAGE IS EF5 WITH MAXIMUM WINDS OVER 200 MPH. FOUR SURVEY TEAMS CONTINUE TO INSPECT DAMAGE FROM THIS LONG TRACK TORNADO. INITIAL DAMAGE WAS FOUND AROUND 4.4 MILES WEST OF NEWCASTLE...SOUTH OF TECUMSEH ROAD ALSO KNOWN AS NW 16TH STREET AND EAST LAKE ROAD. THE TORNADO TRACKED NE TO THE INTERSTATE 44 BRIDGE OVER THE CANADIAN RIVER AND THEN TOOK A MORE EASTWARD TRACK THROUGH MOORE. TORNADO DAMAGE ABRUPTLY ENDS 0.3 MILES EAST OF AIR DEPOT ROAD AND N OF SE 134TH ST. INITIALLY PRODUCING EF0 AND EF1 DAMAGE THE STORM INTENSIFIED VERY RAPIDLY IN 4 MILES OR AROUND 10 MINUTES PRODUCING EF4 DAMAGE BEFORE REACHING INTERSTATE 44. NUMEROUS INDICATIONS OF EF4 DAMAGE WITH SOME AREAS NOW DETERMINED AT EF5 DAMAGE...THE HIGHEST CATEGORY ON THE EF SCALE...WITH OVER 200 MPH WINDS.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION SUCH AS MAXIMUM PATH WIDTH WILL BE UPDATEDAS THE TEAMS COMPLETE THEIR SURVEYS.[/break1]srh.noaa.gov/oun/?n=events-20130520-pns]http://www.srh.noaa.gov/oun/?n=events-20130520-pns

Emma

Weather Alerts

Post by Emma »

what a cool idea[/break1]facebook.com/groups/MAY192013OKTORNADODOCSPICS/]https://www.facebook.com/groups/MAY1920 ... ODOCSPICS/

Dolly

Weather Alerts

Post by Dolly »

what a cool idea[/break1]facebook.com/groups/MAY192013OKTORNADODOCSPICS/]https://www.facebook.com/groups/MAY1920 ... ODOCSPICS/ :(( I don't have a facebook account, so I can't log in. What's the idea? Thanks.
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

MRich

Weather Alerts

Post by MRich »

what a cool idea[/break1]facebook.com/groups/MAY192013OKTORNADODOCSPICS/]https://www.facebook.com/groups/MAY1920 ... ODOCSPICS/ :(( I don't have a facebook account, so I can't log in. What's the idea? Thanks.From the page:Please post any pictures or documents that blow into your yard in hopes of returning them to those impacted by the tornado. DON'T POST PRIVATE INFO SUCH AS SS#'s or BANK INFO!

Emma

Weather Alerts

Post by Emma »

what a cool idea[/break1]facebook.com/groups/MAY192013OKTORNADODOCSPICS/]https://www.facebook.com/groups/MAY1920 ... ODOCSPICS/ :(( I don't have a facebook account, so I can't log in. What's the idea? Thanks.I'm sorry ... I should have described this. People reuniting victims of the tornado with personal items that they've found.

Sugar Magnolia

Weather Alerts

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

what a cool idea[/break1]facebook.com/groups/MAY192013OKTORNADODOCSPICS/]https://www.facebook.com/groups/MAY1920 ... ODOCSPICS/They did that after Katrina and then later on did follow-ups on the people who had been reunited with their stuff. Some of the stories were really interesting and heartbreaking and funny.

GreatGrey

Weather Alerts

Post by GreatGrey »

HAARP has a total power output of 3600 kW (3.6 MW) which is about the same as the power of the solar energy shining on just one largish suburban house lot (say 150 ft x 150 ft in size). That is nothing. A single industrial gas turbine might generate 150 MW (150,000 kW). A large coal-fired electric power plant might produce 2 gigawatts (2000 MW which is 2,000,000 kW). (A tornado's power output is on the order of 40 MW.)Some people really don't have a clue.Obot!You calling him Albanian?Sekrit Stuffs!
Yep, there's a town in Albania named Obot
And this from the twitter machine:If I knew that someone could send tornados to destroy my house, town or even state, I think I'd shut the fuck up talking shit about them.[/break1]com/OneLegSandpiper/status/337033937626992641]https://twitter.com/OneLegSandpiper/sta ... 7626992641
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Emma

Weather Alerts

Post by Emma »

:lol:

IncubusOrSuccubus

Weather Alerts

Post by IncubusOrSuccubus »

Tolland hit the jackpot:After much debate, then, we settled on Slate's "America's Best Place to Avoid Death Due to Natural Disaster": the area in and around Storrs, Conn., home to the University of Connecticut. It lies in Tolland County, which was not part of the 1999 federal disaster declaration for Tropical Storm Floyd. It's a safe 50 miles from the sound and not close to any rivers. It also has relatively easy access to a major city (Hartford) in the event an evacuation or hospitalization becomes necessary.*[/break1]slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/the_gist/2005/09/where_to_hide_from_mother_nature.html]http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... ature.html

Foggy

Weather Alerts

Post by Foggy »

ABBC3_OFFTOPIC
Tolland hit the jackpot: ... "America's Best Place to Avoid Death Due to Natural Disaster": the area in and around Storrs, Conn.Good. I definitely want Tolland to outlive me. It's hard to imagine my life any more without his steady flow of information about things I didn't know.

Hell, I want you all to outlive me, and just so y'know, I'm planning on stickin' around another 300 or 400 years. Life is going to be so interesting over the next 300 to 400 years; I don't want to miss a minute of it. But I'll still need all y'all to keep me up to date on what's happening, so get your sleep and exercise.

I'd hate to stop listening to archives of Tolland's radio show, too. :lol: His employer, just so y'know, is a hotbed of NWO machinations, it says in the [link]Wiki,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Connecticut[/link]:

UConn is a member of Universitas 21, a global network of 24 research-intensive universities, who work together to foster global citizenship ...Yep, you read that right. A [link]Public Ivy,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Iv ... 27s_Guides[/link], using your tax dollars to foster global citizenship in a globalist dictatorship of the proletariat. :roll:

Or something.

Got a great faculty, though, some of 'em. ;;)
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!

(Fogbow on PayPal)

magdalen77

Weather Alerts

Post by magdalen77 »

One of Kate's resident Rhodes Scholars, "Heather," who lives in OK chimes in, as only she can:heather May 21, 2013 at 12:34 pm I just called Senator Whitehouse’s office in DC and told his dippy aide that I am a resident of Ok and we are applauded at his accusation that global warming caused these tornadoes and the devastating one in Moore. This state has tornadoes and if he didn’t know that prior to his most ridiculous and stupid statement then he needs to learn where the global warming is actually coming from—she asked where it was coming from and I spite it out loud and clear for her and whoever was sitting next to her. I simply told her to have him look to Alaska and PR for the US military weather machines called HAARP that heats the ionosphere and the chemtrails that are being sprayed nationwide daily that are used to enhance these storms. Stop blaming global warming on the people, its all being done by their own elite, who have the money and power to use over we the people. All she said was thanks for calling and have a good day–!SNIP-------quote]HAARP has a total power output of 3600 kW (3.6 MW) which is about the same as the power of the solar energy shining on just one largish suburban house lot (say 150 ft x 150 ft in size). That is nothing. A single industrial gas turbine might generate 150 MW (150,000 kW). A large coal-fired electric power plant might produce 2 gigawatts (2000 MW which is 2,000,000 kW). (A tornado's power output is on the order of 40 MW.)Some people really don't have a clue.Well, Heather added two and two together and got kumquat. I hope her grandkids are smarter than she is, otherwise they might forget to breathe.

ProudObot

Weather Alerts

Post by ProudObot »

One of Kate's resident Rhodes Scholars, "Heather," who lives in OK chimes in, as only she can:

heather May 21, 2013 at 12:34 pm

I just called Senator Whitehouse’s office in DC and told his dippy aide that I am a resident of Ok and we are applauded at his accusation that global warming caused these tornadoes and the devastating one in Moore. This state has tornadoes and if he didn’t know that prior to his most ridiculous and stupid statement then he needs to learn where the global warming is actually coming from—she asked where it was coming from and I spite it out loud and clear for her and whoever was sitting next to her. I simply told her to have him look to Alaska and PR for the US military weather machines called HAARP that heats the ionosphere and the chemtrails that are being sprayed nationwide daily that are used to enhance these storms. Stop blaming global warming on the people, its all being done by their own elite, who have the money and power to use over we the people. All she said was thanks for calling and have a good day–!

These are the people that are voted in to represent us? I think my grandchildren have more brains than these idiot morons that have ivy league educations.

heather May 21, 2013 at 2:16 pm

this is not rocket science–anyone with an iota of common sense can put 2 and 2 together to know these are all manmade. for a week prior to these storms coming thru our warn team showed the west coast where the storms were brewing and being made—telling us they were heading in our direction with massive strength–they knew what was coming, now whether or not they knew they were man made is iffy at best. we did have plenty of warning that the state would be hit……'Applauded'? Methinks she's akshully a 'Roadside' skoller. :lol: Her reasoning is wrong but not atypical. That word choice, however, which would be a weird typo, made me chuckle.

Sterngard Friegen

Weather Alerts

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Only one of many typos and weird expressions.

mimi

Weather Alerts

Post by mimi »

1 child dead, 1 missing after landslide sweeps over fourth-graders on field trip in Minn.

Published May 22, 2013

Associated Press

ST. PAUL, Minn. – A fourth-grade field trip to a Mississippi River park popular with fossil hunters turned deadly Wednesday when gravel saturated by persistent rain gave way, killing one child and injuring two others. A fourth child was missing.

The landslide at Lilydale Regional Park swept over a group of children from Peter Hobart Elementary School in St. Louis Park, burying one to the waist and completely burying another, Fire Marshal Steve Zaccard said.

Another child suffered minor injuries in the landslide, which happened about 1:15 p.m. The three children were taken to Regions Hospital, and one died, Zaccard said. The child with minor injuries was treated and released, and the other child is in serious condition, Zaccard said.

The search proceeded cautiously for the fourth child as light rain fell throughout the afternoon. Zaccard described that search as a recovery effort.more:

[/break1]foxnews.com/us/2013/05/22/1-child-dead-1-missing-after-landslide-sweeps-over-fourth-graders-on-field-trip/]http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/22/1- ... ield-trip/

:(( A terrible accident.

GreatGrey

Weather Alerts

Post by GreatGrey »

Google Maps has a Moore OK before & after page set up. Very easy to see damage path.[/break1]org/crisismap/2013-oklahoma-tornado?hl=en&llbox=35.324705%2C35.318166%2C-97.513319%2C-97.527192&t=CUSTOM&layers=9%2C7%2C11%2C8%2Clayer2%2Clayer11%2C10%3A100]http://google.org/crisismap/2013-oklaho ... 2C10%3A100http://americablog.com/wp-contentsrc="http://thefogbow.com/forum/uploads/2013 ... uction.gif

Volkonski

Weather Alerts

Post by Volkonski »

[quote name=GreatGrey]Google Maps has a Moore OK before & after page set up. Very easy to see damage path.

[/break1]org/crisismap/2013-oklahoma-tornado?hl=en&llbox=35.324705%2C35.318166%2C-97.513319%2C-97.527192&t=CUSTOM&layers=9%2C7%2C11%2C8%2Clayer2%2Clayer11%2C10%3A100]http://google.org/crisismap/2013-oklaho ... 2C10%3A100

SNIP------quote]

Wow. :shock:
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Volkonski

Weather Alerts

Post by Volkonski »

"The Atlantic hurricane season may not begin until June 1, but the hurricane season prediction season is nearing its end. Traditionally that comes when NOAA’s seasonal forecasters issue their outlook for the Atlantic hurricane season. Which they have done this afternoon.NOAA predicts an above normal, and possibly a hyper-active hurricane season:13-20 named storms 7-11 hurricanes 3-6 major hurricanes This is about 50 percent more activity than occurs during a normal season. The main reason is higher-than-normal sea surface temperatures in the region of the Atlantic where hurricanes typically form, and no external factors that might dampen tropical activity."[/break1]chron.com/weather/2013/05/federal-forecasters-agree-with-everyone-else-expect-the-atlantic-tropics-to-sizzle-this-summer/?cmpid=hpfsln&utm_source=WhatCountsEmail&utm_medium=breaking_news&utm_campaign=20130523_BN0000000]http://blog.chron.com/weather/2013/05/f ... _BN0000000
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

DaveMuckey

Weather Alerts

Post by DaveMuckey »

A question, if you please. In many of the Moore photos, everything is covered with spots; walls, cars and so on. Is that mud splattering everywhere, hail impact or shrapnel from the storm?

mimi

Weather Alerts

Post by mimi »

"The Atlantic hurricane season may not begin until June 1, but the hurricane season prediction season is nearing its end. Traditionally that comes when NOAA’s seasonal forecasters issue their outlook for the Atlantic hurricane season. Which they have done this afternoon.NOAA predicts an above normal, and possibly a hyper-active hurricane season:13-20 named storms 7-11 hurricanes 3-6 major hurricanes This is about 50 percent more activity than occurs during a normal season. The main reason is higher-than-normal sea surface temperatures in the region of the Atlantic where hurricanes typically form, and no external factors that might dampen tropical activity."[/break1]chron.com/weather/2013/05/federal-forecasters-agree-with-everyone-else-expect-the-atlantic-tropics-to-sizzle-this-summer/?cmpid=hpfsln&utm_source=WhatCountsEmail&utm_medium=breaking_news&utm_campaign=20130523_BN0000000]http://blog.chron.com/weather/2013/05/f ... _BN0000000You're scaring me. :-?

Chilidog

Weather Alerts

Post by Chilidog »

Senator Tom Coburn is an idiot"If you're living in that area of Moore in Oklahoma, the likelihood of being hit by another tornado is about zero in terms of odds," he said.MSNBC's Brian Shactman attempted to correct Coburn, but the senator dug in."The odds weren't the same, that's completely wrong," he said. "If you've had two tornadoes in 14 years, and then you're saying the odds of that is the same going forward, that's not right at all. You need to check your statistics class."Gambler's fallacy anyone?

No Pilikia

Weather Alerts

Post by No Pilikia »

And I guess Coburn is really thinking, " F you you leeches in Moore OK if you think you're gettin gubmint munny to build safe rooms in your schools."
"The opportunity that Hawaii offered -- to experience a variety of cultures in a climate of mutual respect -- became an integral part of my world view and a basis for the values I hold most dear." Barack Obama, 1999

Joseph Robidoux III

Weather Alerts

Post by Joseph Robidoux III »

Senator Tom Coburn is an idiotI agree"If you're living in that area of Moore in Oklahoma, the likelihood of being hit by another tornado is about zero in terms of odds," he said.MSNBC's Brian Shactman attempted to correct Coburn, but the senator dug in."The odds weren't the same, that's completely wrong," he said. "If you've had two tornadoes in 14 years, and then you're saying the odds of that is the same going forward, that's not right at all. You need to check your statistics class."Gambler's fallacy anyone?It's people like Coburn who fall prey to the roulette number display.

TollandRCR

Weather Alerts

Post by TollandRCR »

While the monster tornado was moving out of Moore, there were posts elsewhere about how it would NOT hit nearby Norman, OK, home of Oklahoma University. There have been tornadoes in Norman, but the posters expressed the idea that something about the topography makes Norman less likely to be hit. When I was a kid in East Texas, there were some who believed that certain areas "attracted" tornadoes -- mostly areas with mobile homes. Where mobile home parks sit has something to do with the value of the land.Does topography have such an effect?
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Emma

Weather Alerts

Post by Emma »

From Oklahoma County Sheriff Dept Facebook: https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/ ... n.jpgMoore, Oklahoma) May 22, 2013 the Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office (OCSO) reunited a dog found in the rubble of a tornado destroyed house with it's rightful owner. May 20, 2013 after a tornado ripped through the City of Moore an OCSO deputy searching for victims found a 12-year old Schipperke-Border Collie mix standing guard over a deceased male inside a house in Moore.The deputy convinced the dog to leave the side of the deceased victim, and eventually made sure the pup was taken to an emergency tornado animal shelter.The OCSO posted the picture of the dog named "Susie" on our social media sites May 20th, and the picture went viral with millions of people looking at the picture.May 21st the OCSO posted that the dog was likely standing guard over her owner. During the evening of May 21st a woman named Sheila Collins posted on our Facebook page that the dog did not belong to the deceased victim, but belonged to her brother Curtis Collins who had been searching for "Susie".The deputy who found "Susie" contacted Sheila and after much determination was able to reunite "Susie", and Curtis. "Susie" and Curtis live about a 1/2 mile from where she was found by our deputy and Curtis has no idea why she stood guard of the victim whom he did not know. It was an emotional reunion between "Susie" and Curtis, one we were glad to have been a part of.Curtis has asked that anyone who was touched by "Susie's" story to make a donation to the Central Oklahoma Humane Society to assist with shelter needs related to the storm.

GreatGrey

Weather Alerts

Post by GreatGrey »

Attached files

Return to “► ► Breaking News ◄ ◄”