Volkonski

Re: Another Shooting

Post by Volkonski »

Workplace shooting.
ABC News
@ABC
·
11m
Police respond to scene at office building in Milwaukee, where at least eight people were shot.

The gunman, who law enforcement sources say based on preliminary information was an ex-employee fired earlier, is dead. https://abcn.ws/2VmFwWB
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel is reporting at least 7 dead. I don't know why anyone would think that puns are appropriate here.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Somerset

Post by Somerset »

Dave at Sea wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:34 am
Where they dicking around with the gun?
Cockfights tend to involve alcohol and testosterone. Dicking around with guns is to be expected.

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea »

It was wrong of me.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Shannon Watts@shannonrwatts
BREAKING: The Molson Coors gunman was armed with two handguns - one with a silencer, which is legal in Wisconsin.

A silencer was also used in the workplace mass shooting last year in Virginia Beach. Employees said it made the gunfire sound distant. #wileg
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 »

neonzx wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:21 pm
BREAKING: The Molson Coors gunman was armed with two handguns - one with a silencer, which is legal in Wisconsin.

A silencer was also used in the workplace mass shooting last year in Virginia Beach. Employees said it made the gunfire sound distant. #wileg
https://mobile.twitter.com/shannonrwatt ... 7370416128
Silencers are Class 3. They require a federal permit (aka tax stamp) with a real background check.

I wonder if it was a legal one or not.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Dan1100 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:44 pm
neonzx wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:21 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/shannonrwatt ... 7370416128
Silencers are Class 3. They require a federal permit (aka tax stamp) with a real background check.

What purpose is a silencer for an private citizen gun enthusiast? The deer might not hear the shot?
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 »

neonzx wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:12 am
Dan1100 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:44 pm

What purpose is a silencer for an private citizen gun enthusiast? The deer might not hear the shot?
They were restricted in the 1930's and put in the same category as sawed off shotguns and short barreled rifles because criminals used them.

I read somewhere they use them in Europe for hunting to avoid noise pollution, but that might have been ammo-sexual propaganda.

Other than guns are loud, I can't think of a legit civilian use.

edit: I was googling for a quick summary of the NFA process and WTF, there's an app for that.

https://www.silencershop.com/how-to-buy-a-silencer

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Dan1100 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:22 am
They were restricted in the 1930's and put in the same category as sawed off shotguns and short barreled rifles because criminals used them.
I think it was more fear of people using them than criminals actually using them. For most of their history, silencers have had a lot of hype regarding just how effective they are, with modern movies attributing pretty magical abilities to them.

Even today, you can tell the ATF is not all that worried about them. Last show I went to, people were openly selling 'one hole away from being a homemade suppressor' kits, which if there was real functional worry over them there would probably be more of a crackdown on.

I read somewhere they use them in Europe for hunting to avoid noise pollution, but that might have been ammo-sexual propaganda.

Other than guns are loud, I can't think of a legit civilian use.
Well, yes, guns are loud, very loud, and loud things near your ears hurt. Having a suppressor means less bulky (thus more comfortable) hearing protection and generally less strain.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

If only there was a good guy with a gun present:

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

Jeffrey wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:28 pm

:snippity:
There were many guys with guns. Were they "good guys"?

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Grumpy Old Guy wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:05 pm
Jeffrey wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:28 pm

:snippity:
There were many guys with guns. Were they "good guys"?
"There are good people on both sides" :twisted:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Man shot to death in ambulance while being treated in south Charlotte

By Anne Marie Hagerty | March 18, 2020 at 6:21 AM EDT - Updated March 18 at 5:40 PM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - A man is in custody for shooting and killing a person inside an ambulance in the parking lot of a south Charlotte Days Inn early Wednesday morning.

32-year-old Prentice Bess was arrested and is facing charges for the murder of 34-year-old Jeremy Whitted.

Bess was taken into custody at the scene, according to Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police.

The shooting happened around 4 a.m. in the Days Inn/Azteca Mexican Restaurant parking lot on E Woodlawn Road near Old Pineville Road.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say officers were called to the Days Inn regarding a disturbance, where they were met by five to six people. Medic responded to the area after one of the men reported having shortness of breath.

Police say Medic was with the victim in the back of an ambulance when he requested a friend to come assist him. Medic denied Bess entry into the ambulance, and that’s when police say he left, came back and shot Whitted “several times.” Medic tried to treat Whitted but he was pronounced dead at the scene.

https://www.wbtv.com/2020/03/18/homicid ... charlotte/

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Joel Burgess
@AVLreporter

@qm4sheriff
: A probation officer was walking in front of courthouse this morning. Shots fired from parked vehicle, likely an SUV, outside City Hall and courthouse. 9:49 a.m. 911 call went out about shots...#avl #avlnews
10:42 AM · Mar 31, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
r
...officers responded. A lieutenant with sheriff’s office was injured. Not clear if he was shot. Non-life threatening injuries and expected to recover.Person in vehicle was killed after officers returned fire...

....Person killed not yet identified. No motive known. Sheriff calling it random at this time. Said no threat to public...
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Where was this?

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Patagoniagirl wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:37 pm
Where was this?
Asheville, NC
Buncombe County Courthouse

Return to “► ► Breaking News ◄ ◄”