Another Shooting

Lani

Re: Another Shooting

Post by Lani »

Thank you. Sincerely. When I wrote that, I thought I'd feel better. But I don't. I spoke with the police to my attendees, I called the radio stations, I reported to my employer to notify employees that there was no shooter. I did everything I could to comfort people. It wasn't enough.

It is horrible that the fear is now endemic. And I can't unsee the terror I saw in people's eyes.

Probably not going to sleep well tonight....
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Lani wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:08 am
Thank you. Sincerely. When I wrote that, I thought I'd feel better. But I don't. I spoke with the police to my attendees, I called the radio stations, I reported to my employer to notify employees that there was no shooter. I did everything I could to comfort people. It wasn't enough.

It is horrible that the fear is now endemic. And I can't unsee the terror I saw in people's eyes.

Probably not going to sleep well tonight....
:grouphug:

I am so sorry this happened to you and everyone else. We are living in a state of almost constant fear, not the least of which is fear of gun violence and fear of the stochastic terrorist currently residing in the White House. You know, the one who gave another stochastic terrorist something that used to be a special award.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Well done Lani.

But it is terrible. :( :madguy:
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bighug:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.
- https://legaldictionary.net/19th-amendment/

Addie

Post by Addie »

Good on you, Lani. How you kept your head in that situation, I don't know. :bighug: :bighug:
Don't do stupid shit. -Barack Obama

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Too many guns.
Brett Buffington
@BrettKHOU
·
3m
Chief
@ArtAcevedo
: local rap artist shot and killed, three others hurt, after suspect with assault rifle “sprays and prays” on Houston’s north side, adding it’s likely the four people shot were targeted.
Quote Tweet

Brett Buffington
@BrettKHOU
· 1h
UPDATE: Police now confirm one dead, three hurt in shootings near Calvin Street in Acres Homes.

Addie

Post by Addie »

ABC News: NYPD cops shot in the Bronx in 2 separate incidents, 1 suspect in custody

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Texas teen killed by bully he had stopped earlier

https://www.chron.com/news/texas/articl ... 042777.php
Police in Arlington, Texas, say a 16-year-old boy was fatally shot by another teen who the victim had stopped from bullying another boy a few days earlier.

Police Officer Christopher Cook told reporters Friday that Samuel Reynolds had said “he started having some trouble with the suspect” in the days after stopping the suspect from bullying a smaller boy.

During a Friday night vigil for Reynolds outside Arlington High School, student Russell Laniyan said Reynolds once gave him shoes during a soccer game so he could play while Reynolds sat out.

“I think this just encourages us to go out and to be like Sam and to follow the example that Sam has set for us,” Laniyan said during the vigil.

:snippity:

“How did he get the gun? That's something we want answers for," Cook said. “We're sick and tired of children in our community coming into contact with firearms and possessing and using them in these types of manner.”

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Man in critical condition after allegedly being shot by son, Brazoria County police say

https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/pear ... 037926.php
A man is in critical condition after police say his son allegedly shot him in the head Thursday afternoon, according to a release from the Brazoria County Sheriff's Office.

The shooting took place around 2:45 p.m. Thursday in the 8800 block of State Highway 35. Police found the victim, a 50-year-old Liverpool man, with a gunshot wound to the head. He was transported by Life Flight to Herman Memorial Hospital in serious condition, police said.

Police have identified the victim's 16-year-old son as the shooter. He was taken into custody on a charge of aggravated assault using a deadly weapon and causing serious bodily injury, a first-degree felony.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Stuffed animal? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dave & Buster's is a chain of sport bars with restaurants and arcades.

Witnesses say shooting at Dave & Buster's started over a stuffed animal
Innocent bystander Carlos Chapa was shot in the leg.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dave+%2 ... e&ie=UTF-8
Dallas Police responded to a shooting at a North Dallas Dave & Buster’s around 2 p.m. Sunday afternoon.

Dallas police confirmed that two groups of individuals were involved in a verbal altercation outside the venue. When they took their fight outside, one suspect shot an innocent bystander in the parking lot.

Family told the police that an argument over a stuffed animal led to a shooting. Innocent bystander Carlos Chapa was shot in the leg.

Chapa, a doctor, is now at home recovering from his injuries. He says when he walked into the arcade he witnessed a man walk by with a gun.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Gunman dead, 2 officers hurt in shooting at Arkansas Walmart

https://apnews.com/70ce6a783ed9741fd942 ... _medium=AP
Mayor Cedric Williams said at a news conference that the officers were hospitalized soon after the shooting at the store in Forrest City, about 45 miles (70 kilometers) west of Memphis.

Arkansas State Police said in a Facebook post that two Forrest City police officers were injured in the shooting at the Walmart in in Forrest City. Authorities have not released the names of the people who were shot or the circumstances of the shooting.

Walmart spokesman Scott Pope said the company was working with the Forrest City Police Department with its investigation but declined further comment. Walmart is based in Bentonville, Arkansas.

Tammy Priddy, 57, works at Simmons Eye Center in the Walmart. She said she was preparing patient records for the day when she heard eight shots. She said she hid under a counter in the lab until the gunshots stopped.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — Doctors treating a 4-year-old shooting victim found that somebody had placed 151 packages of heroin under his clothing, police in Puerto Rico said Tuesday.
https://apnews.com/23af813625eebd907be2a3ccd1672557

Foggy
Occupation: Hayseed from North Cackilacki, Space Cadet, and your benevolent Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

:shock:
We don't know what we don't know.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Brett Buffington
@BrettKHOU
· 1h
0:03
#BREAKING Two people shot and killed in the parking lot of a strip center just off I-45 in Conroe, law enforcement sources confirm. I’m working to try and get details from @ConroePolice on what happened, and I’m on the way to the scene.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

11 Children Among 26 People Shot During Single Weekend of Gun Violence in Chicago

https://time.com/5785285/chicago-gun-vi ... d=82532113
At least 26 people have been shot — and four killed — over the holiday weekend in Chicago, including 11 children, in the second straight weekend of widespread gun violence to impact the city. No children were among the fatalities.

According to the Chicago Police Department, 15 shooting incidents over the weekend have already been reported, and that number could rise ahead of official numbers being released tomorrow.

Two incidents involving children were the result of accidental shootings involving kids playing with firearms, according to authorities. On Friday night, an 11-year-old was hit in the neck after he and a 7-year-old child found a gun inside a house, which then went off. He was transported to the hospital in serious condition.

Later that same night, an 8-year-old and a 12-year-old were accidentally shot by a juvenile relative who was playing with a weapon inside another home. Both were taken to the hospital in fair condition.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

2 men shot, 1 fatally, at cockfighting event in residential Pacoima neighborhood
https://abc7.com/5958883/

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea »

Where they dicking around with the gun?

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

BILOXI, Miss. (WLOX) - Five teenagers are now charged with capital murder in the death of a 16-year-old Biloxi girl.

The five juveniles were arrested Monday shortly after the shooting and accused in the death of Madison Harris.

The teenagers are identified as follows: Yakeshia L. Blackmon, 17; Willow O. Blackmon, 15; Jasmine Joy-Sade Kelley, 15; Jarvis Jermaine Cook, 17; and Jaquez Devonte Porter, 17.

Police say the five Biloxi teens attempted to use a gun to rob Harris at a home in the 2000 block of Rustwood Drive, which is located just off Popps Ferry Road. An altercation took place and Harris was shot, said authorities.

The five juveniles fled in multiple directions, leading police to canvas the neighborhood looking for them. Witness statements and evidence found at the scene of the murder led investigators to locate all five suspects shortly after the shooting and piece together what happened to Harris.

WLOX was there when two of the five teens charged with capital murder were arrested. Yakeshia Blackmon, left, and Willow Blackmon, right, were taken into custody outside of a house located across the street from where Madison Harris was shot and killed.

A $1 million bond was set for all of the suspects except Jarvis Cook, who was already out on bond for an aggravated assault he is accused of committing last year in Gulfport. Cook is being held without bond.

This investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about this murder is asked to contact Biloxi Police Department at 228-392-0641. Anonymous tips can also be made by calling Mississippi Coast Crime Stoppers at 877-787-5898 or visiting them online.

Copyright 2020 WLOX. All rights reserved.
https://www.wlbt.com/2020/02/25/five-te ... loxi-girl/

Addie

Post by Addie »

It never fucking stops. :crying:

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

T.J. Parker
@TJParkerABC13
·
54s
BREAKING: Milwaukee mass shooting at Miller Valley Molson Coors facility injures 8; gunman dead, ABC News reports https://abc13.com/8-injured-gunman-dead ... s/5969621/
@ABC13Houston
CBS News
@CBSNews
·
31s
BREAKING: Police respond to active shooter situation at MillerCoors building in Milwaukee https://cbsn.ws/391oyAY

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

In Houston-

https://abc13.com/5968718/?ex_cid=TA_KT ... ce=twitter
A Missouri City man is expected to be charged with capital murder in the shooting deaths of his parents over the weekend.

Austin Wilson, 22, was hospitalized after being shot by police when they arrived at a home in the 1110 block of Mesa Verde Drive Saturday evening. Officers were called to the home and encountered Wilson, who fired at the responding officer, police said.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Volkonski wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:24 pm
T.J. Parker
@TJParkerABC13
·
54s
BREAKING: Milwaukee mass shooting at Miller Valley Molson Coors facility injures 8; gunman dead, ABC News reports https://abc13.com/8-injured-gunman-dead ... s/5969621/
@ABC13Houston
I can imagine editors rejecting headlines that refer to it as a brewhaha.

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea »

<deleted in shame - I shouldn’t have made like of tragedy->

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

CNN reporting the mayor said multiple people have been killed. :crying:

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Multiple people dead in shooting at brewer