Live Coverage - Protests In Multiple Cities Over George Floyd's Death -- Moving Toward The White House 5/29 Onward

SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 10 years Admin Law Judge for 4 state agencies. Retired but still available for ass kicking.

Re: Live Coverage - Protests In Multiple Cities Over George Floyd's Death -- Moving Toward The White House 5/29 Onward

Post by SuzieC »

In Columbus, the heavily militarized cops maced City Council President Shannon Hardin, County Commissioner Kevin Boyce, and US Congresswoman Joyce Beatty, all black Americans. I'm thinking this will not end well for the Columbus police.

Volkonski

Re: Live Coverage - Protests In Multiple Cities Over George Floyd's Death -- Moving Toward The White House 5/29 Onward

Post by Volkonski »

Netflix
@netflix
·
1h
To be silent is to be complicit.
Black lives matter.

We have a platform, and we have a duty to our Black members, employees, creators and talent to speak up.

NFL-

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Natalie Allison
@natalie_allison
·
1m
Replying to
@natalie_allison
Video won’t upload right now but protestors are smashing a Metro Nashville police cruiser outside Central Precinct. Also tried lighting it on fire

Natalie Allison
@natalie_allison
·
2m
Replying to
@natalie_allison
NEW: Protesters and Nashville police are having physica altercations in front of Central precinct downtown. Pepper spray may have just been deployed according to some

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Volkonski wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:33 pm
"When someone targets a police officer or a police station with an intention to do harm and intimidate - that is an act of domestic terrorism," DHS Acting Deputy Secretary Ken Cuccinelli said.
Well we finally know where the line is for them to call something domestic terrorism.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Is anyone else ready to call it quits?

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

Kamala Harris is at the White House protest.

Image Image Image Image Image
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Isaac Scher
@IsaacScher__
·
4h
Police in Minneapolis shot a photojournalist in the face and she’s now permanently blind in one eye
Quote Tweet

Linda Tirado
@KillerMartinis
· 4h
an update: I am permanently blind in my left eye, and the docs absolutely refuse to let me go back to work for they say six weeks. I’m definitely not allowed to be near smoke or gas.

Usually if I had to stay home I’d spend a lot of time amplifying folk but reading hurts today
A number of the reporters that I follow are out on the streets reporting on these protests. I hope they stay safe.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Volkonski wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:28 pm Netflix
@netflix
·
1h
To be silent is to be complicit.
Black lives matter.

We have a platform, and we have a duty to our Black members, employees, creators and talent to speak up.

NFL-

Fuck Roger Goodell and everything he stands for. Let me say it louder for those in the back. FUCK Roger Goodell.

https://sports.yahoo.com/in-light-of-ge ... 16379.html

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

ABC13 Houston
@abc13houston
·
5m
HPD to wear body cameras, not use tear gas or rubber bullets during Houston protests, officials said
https://abc13.co/2XfL71t

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Watching CNN, LAPD just wailing on protesters with billy clubs. While patrol cars damaged and some on fire, didn't look like the protesters getting beaten were doing much beyond jaw boning.

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett
Addie

Post by Addie »

Raw Story: Large fires in Philadelphia — as police scramble to save City Hall

"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:48 am There's likely an internet footprint for this organization or group of organizations sending in these terrorists.

Edited to add:

And probably in other places, too.
Code word "boogaloo". It's the same groups of assholes we've been following here for years. Only difference this time is, they wised up and figured out they could better accomplish their objective (inciting rage and racism) by not openly showing themselves while doing it. So instead of wearing their camo and MAGA hats and shooting protesters, they're dressing in black, mingling with the crowds, torching buildings, throwing rocks, then pulling out and letting the protesters get the blame.

I've heard this bull before.
Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

This shit is just tearing me up. It is beyond my comprehension how the cops think they can overcome these protests with even MORE violence. It's like every old racist white cop in charge is trying to prove something to the "thugs" and just making it worse. The CNN Center in Atlanta was attacked last night and the cops staged in the lobby while the protesters stayed outside. Lots of property damage but the only injury they reported on was the guy who cut his own arm breaking windows out with his skateboard. They let the crowd rage for a while without wading into it, then dispersed them with tear gas I think. Block off the streets and just accept there is going to be vandalism and damage and let the people have their say. They will eventually either run out of steam or they will feel like they've been heard. The cops need to be there to PROTECT and SERVE the people (not property) first and foremost and they are doing a piss poor job of it. They're just proving on national television that everything that's being protested against is true.

Some of the finest people I've ever known in my life are cops and many of them are speaking out finally. It's hard to see a profession I love being torn apart like this, but I have hope that things will change and maybe it can once again become the honorable career it once was. Lots of rambling, but my thoughts are pretty ramble-y right now.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

@Sugar,

I've been thinking many of the same things. I'm usually pretty moderate when it comes to law and order stuff but some of these cops in LA (for example) seem to be enjoying themselves.

American. Carnage.

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

My husband loves his Aloha shirts. I just informed him about who's wearing them, earlier today. He wasn't happy.

I know where they come from. It's just all so depressing, and it rarely really seems to make a difference. I can't watch this stuff. I find it way too upsetting and sad. And angry.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

They just put out a general broadcast on all police dispatch channels here for the police officers to keep a close eye on all the precinct buildings due to "credible threats" against them. We've been lucky so far with the local protests. Maybe because they just let the protesters march down the middle of the street and block traffic yesterday with a very low-profile from the cops.

Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

Sugar Magnolia wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:37 pm
Fuck Roger Goodell and everything he stands for. Let me say it louder for those in the back. FUCK Roger Goodell.
:yeah:

Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss
Addie

Post by Addie »

LA Times: L.A. imposes downtown curfew as police, protesters in tense standoff near The Grove

Following three days of protests, Los Angeles has imposed a curfew for downtown Los Angeles from 8 p.m. Saturday to 5:30 a.m. Sunday, Mayor Eric Garcetti announced.

The decision comes on another day of vandalism on the streets of Los Angeles.

As Garcetti spoke, police and protesters were in a tense standoff Saturday in Los Angeles’ near The Grove shopping center, with police shooting rubber bullets and striking demonstrators with batons while police cars were set on fire and other vehicles vandalized.

Hundreds of protesters gathered to decry the police custody death of George Floyd when the standoff occurred at Third Street and Fairfax Avenue. Many in the group held their hands up, silently facing the officers. Loud bangs could be heard, prompting some in the crowd to run down Third Street and into nearby alleys. Two protesters said they witnessed officers shooting what looked to be rubber bullets and canisters.

"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
Shizzle Popped

Post by Shizzle Popped »

wpnan200530.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If Trump was a stopped clock he still wouldn't be right twice a day.
Shizzle Popped

Post by Shizzle Popped »

crcjo200530.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If Trump was a stopped clock he still wouldn't be right twice a day.
DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Most of the Twin Cities metro is under curfew until Monday morning. One notable exception is the City of Oakdale, MN, which is where Chauvin's home is located, and which was the site of heavy police and protesters activity this past week. Plus vandalization of businesses in the area. They've just had National Guard troops surround the city hall - but they haven't imposed a curfew.

ETA: Minnesota Dept. of Transportation will be shutting down the metro freeways in about an hour.

I've heard this bull before.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Fox News Reporter chased off from the whitehouse by Protesters. Its a Daily Caller link so they are milking it for all its worth, but the fact is we don't see them actually get chased off, just the aftermath when they are walking up the street, and in a if the thugs were thugs they would be missing a few limbs. Also it was probably last night as its still day in Washington afaik.

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Reminder

https://twitter.com/AmandiOnAir/status/ ... 4400295938
Fernand R. Amandi (@AmandiOnAir)
‘Russian intelligence services are trying to incite violence by white supremacist groups to sow chaos in the United States, American intelligence officials said.’

-@nytimes March 10, 2020 #MAGANIGHT
https://t.co/wsPrrxzjc7

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Also governors of all affected states bar NYC and LA are activating the National guard at the same time.

Funny that.

Addie

Post by Addie »

Law & Crime: Jail Records Show Minneapolis Arrests Are Mostly In-State Residents, Despite Bipartisan Official Claims

Return to “► ► Breaking News ◄ ◄”