Bad things happening at Walmarts

Volkonski

Bad things happening at Walmarts

Post by Volkonski » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:30 am

Man takes golf cart on wild ride into Florida Walmart store

https://abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStory/ ... itter_abcn
Authorities say a 56-year-old Florida man took his golf cart on a wild ride through a Walmart store, terrorizing shoppers and ignoring deputies' orders to stop before crashing into a cash register.

Hillsborough County Sheriff's investigators say they were summoned to the store near Tampa on Thursday, where they found Michael Dale Hudson blocking the liquor store entrance with his golf cart. The Tampa Bay Times reports he was demanding to speak to a manager.

As deputies spoke to Hudson, they say he suddenly drove toward the store's main entrance. Customers jumped out of the way as he barreled through the door. He raced toward the checkout area, hitting several customers.

He was jailed on multiple charges, including aggravated battery. A lawyer wasn't listed in jail records.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Lansdowne

Re: Bad things happening at Walmarts

Post by Lansdowne » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:00 am

Walmart here in England trades as ASDA so this from the south coast qualifies for this topic.

Bike gang terrorise Brighton, punch Asda shopper and ride into oncoming traffic

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1782360 ... ng-traffic
VIDEO footage of a gang of youths riding bikes through Asda and punching a customer has been posted online.

The film called “The Maddest Day Ever In Brighton” shows the gang cycling into oncoming traffic in the middle of the city, arguing with passersby and rampaging through the superstore at Brighton Marina in front of shocked shoppers.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:07 am

We should add all the Walmart shootings in the last ten years to make this thread even more useful. :(
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:09 am

‘Suspicious device’ spurs evacuation of Walmart
Package found inside McCarthy Ranch Marketplace store believed to be fireworks

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/08/09/ ... f-walmart/
Authorities on Friday said a “suspicious device” found inside the Walmart at the McCarthy Ranch Marketplace in Milpitas appeared to be a package of fireworks.

At about 6:15 p.m., Milpitas police announced via social media that an investigation was under way at the store at 301 Ranch Drive. The business was evacuated as a precaution.

The San Jose police bomb squad went to the scene and “rendered the package safe,” Milpitas police said in a tweet, adding that the package was “believed to be fireworks.”

The Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office was conducting a secondary search of the premises with a bomb-sniffing dog as of about 10:30 p.m., according to Milpitas police.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:12 am

St. Charles Walmart evacuated after medical patient with mask mistaken for possible gunman

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/ ... story.html
St. Charles police said they received a call of a masked man at Walmart, 150 Smith Road, entering the store around 10:10 a.m.

Walmart management took precautionary measures and evacuated the store, police said.

The 28-year-old man was a heart transplant recipient and was wearing a full oxygen mask as part of the intensive care he needs, St. Charles Deputy Police Chief Steve Bedell said.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:14 am

Masked man with backpack arrested at Napoleon Walmart

https://www.13abc.com/content/news/Man- ... 68081.html
Around 9am on Friday morning employees of the Napoleon Walmart noticed a man walking through the store with a mask, backpack and camouflage clothing. According to police, store managers approached the man and asked him to remove the mask, but he ignored them.

Meantime, Henry County Sheriff Michael Bodenbender was going into the store as the man, identified as 33-year old Bryan Gonzalez, was walking out. "He had kind of a plastic white mask with just eyeballs that's all I could see," says Sheriff Bodenbender. "I grabbed a hold of him and spun him around and said what's up with the mask. That's when he decided he was going to wrestle a little bit. We just wrestled down on the ground."

That's when Lt. Edward Legg from the Napoleon police cam onto the scene. He'd been flagged down by a customer, "He expressed that he was very scared about the situation and that others there at the Walmart were as well," says Lt. Legg.

Officers quickly found out that Gonzalez had no weapons, but also did not have a good explanation for his behavior. Sheriff Bodenbender says Gonzalez muttered something about being in training for mixed martial arts. "There was something going on there," says Bodenbender.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:17 am

Backfiring RV causes panic, incident at Missoula Walmart

https://nbcmontana.com/news/local/backf ... la-walmart
An NBC Montana viewer called to tell us the store was on some sort of lockdown, but they didn’t know why.

Missoula Police Public Information Officer Travis Welsh says someone called 911 around 1:50 p.m. reporting they heard three gunshots while at the store.

The caller said it appeared to to come from the area of the parking lot where RVs park.

Missoula Police officers arrived on scene prepared for the worst. They immediately asked for surveillance video of the parking lot. While waiting for that, they interviewed people in the parking lot. One motorhome owner told them his vehicle had just backfired several times.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:22 am

Minor incident causes major panic at local Walmart

https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Walma ... 07831.html
A theft Thursday evening at the Harker Heights Walmart caused a major panic just days after the shooting rampage at a Walmart in El Paso that left 22 dead and two-dozen others injured.

The suspect ran out of the store with security personnel in pursuit and darted across U.S. Highway 190/Interstate 14, but the commotion apparently ignited a rapidly-spreading rumor of an active shooter.

As officers arrived at around 6:30 p.m., a number of shoppers were running out of the store at 2020 Heights Dr.

Officers checked out the store as a precaution, but found nothing.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:27 am

Apparent armed man made threats at Fed. Way Walmart, suspect at large

https://komonews.com/news/local/apparen ... not-caught
Federal Way Police are searching for a man who appeared to have a gun and triggered an evacuation at Walmart in Federal Way.

Investigators said the man walked in and made threats Wednesday afternoon.

The scare rattled nerves after the recent mass shootings, including one at a Walmart in El-Paso, Texas.

One woman who was evacuated said she was terrified, thinking it can’t happen here.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:32 am

Last week, in one of the Walmart’s near me, a woman was caught on film urinating on the stack of potatoes. She was high/drunk and apparently had no idea what she was doing and turned herself later when film was released of her leaving the store. No link (iPad), but it was inWest Mifflin, PA.

:eek2:

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:52 am

To say nothing about all those FEMA Camp facilities under every WalMart. :shh:

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:11 am

WEll, if those Walmarts are such hotspots of danger, then maybe they should all be closed.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:24 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:11 am
WEll, if those Walmarts are such hotspots of danger, then maybe they should all be closed.
And lose a whole YouTube comedy channel? Heaven forbid.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:45 am

Some of us are forced to go to Walmart to get our prescriptions.

A few months ago I was at our local Walmart here near the Arctic Circle. I was buying a few boxes of the hard to find Peet's coffee. As I was putting them on the conveyer belt at the checkout, a voice behind me asked "What's that Peet's coffee?" I turn around and see a late 60's guy in a fucking MAGA hat and handlebar mustache. I tell him it's good coffee. "Never heard of it! Where's it from?" Seattle, I tell him. "Ugh." I return home very proud that I didn't punch him in the face.

I always feel apprehensive when walking into any Walmart. I don't go there except if I'm picking up a prescription. I will not purchase anything else there in the future.
I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:50 am

The WalMarts in my neck of the woods are dumps, you couldn't pay me to go there. I prefer the local Target stores, especially the one up the hill that isn't adjacent to a major mall. Easy in and out, especially when they first open.

The local (to me) Fred Meyer stores (Kroger owned), have at least one off duty officer at hand by the entryway (usually State Patrol). Apparently they've had *issues* (not guns that I'm aware of), thus they've chosen to have the extra security. Even in the early hours where nothing ever happens, they have an officer at hand.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:34 pm

I went into a Walmart once to buy 2 air filers for my HVAC system when my hardware store ran out of my size. I felt guilty throughout the process of finding and paying for them. I wanted to take a shower when I got home. I promised myself then never to enter another Walmart and I haven't. That was 13 years ago.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:35 pm

I realize some people for lots of reasons have no choice, but I do, so I don’t.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:56 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:34 pm
I went into a Walmart once to buy 2 air filers for my HVAC system when my hardware store ran out of my size. I felt guilty throughout the process of finding and paying for them. I wanted to take a shower when I got home. I promised myself then never to enter another Walmart and I haven't. That was 13 years ago.
In the Big City you have other options. In my little burg they've chased all the mom and pop hardware stores away. Much of what Wal Mart sells now is one step above what I'd classify as junk. My only choices now are: 1) Drive 90 miles to the larger home store, which have also chased the little stores out of those cities. 2) Buy online. 3) Plan way ahead and buy my clothing and such when I make a trip to the even larger city.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:36 pm

People of Walmart, the nut job edition.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:07 pm

My husband liked Walmart and there was a certain type of cinnamon raisin bread he could only find at Sam's Club, so we would shop there. But since my sweetie passed away, I've only make a couple of quick stops at Walmarts. The nice thing about the Twin Cities is that there is a Target on every corner (close enough ;) ) so I don't really need anything at Walmart.

Because this is the home of Target, Walmart was slow establishing stores here. The Walmart my husband and I would go to most often was in a far SW suburb and it reminded me of a Target, except for the lack of employees. The newer Walmarts in the far south suburbs are cold, concrete uninviting places.
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

listeme

Post by listeme » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:10 pm

We're rural and -- not affluent? Is that the term the kids use?

Sometimes we have to go there.
We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:16 pm

listeme wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:10 pm

Reminds me of some years ago when mom passed away and she left me the title to a mobile home and lot in Show Low AZ. Wow Matt was the only game in town at first. I was so excited to roll into town one year and there was a shiny new Safeway. Lost my enthusiasm when they had red wine in the cooler...

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:22 pm

Kendra wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:16 pm
listeme wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:10 pm

Reminds me of some years ago when mom passed away and she left me the title to a mobile home and lot in Show Low AZ. Wow Matt was the only game in town at first. I was so excited to roll into town one year and there was a shiny new Safeway. Lost my enthusiasm when they had red wine in the cooler...
Yabutt isn't that screw-on cap a nice convenient feature? :lol:

Don't get me started on that stuff they call beef now a-days. Pork is the same way. Tasteless shoe leather. The cattlemen claim it's "what the consumers want." Bravo Sierra. It's what the cattlemen want us to eat so they can churn out as much as they can as profitably as they can.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:27 pm

For a lot of folks, shopping at the local Walmart just makes financial sense so I won't begrudge them that. What else are you going to do in a small town when your family income is limited and there aren't a lot of competing stores nearby? After all, a 12-pack of Coke is the same product no matter where you buy it.

I'm just glad that I do live in an area with alternatives to Walmart.
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:39 pm

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:27 pm
For a lot of folks, shopping at the local Walmart just makes financial sense so I won't begrudge them that. What else are you going to do in a small town when your family income is limited and there aren't a lot of competing stores nearby? After all, a 12-pack of Coke is the same product no matter where you buy it.

I'm just glad that I do live in an area with alternatives to Walmart.
I am glad to have the choice too. The savings would have to be huge to make it worth it. Just like not worth the hassle of waiting in line for the Costco has price vs no line at the gas station. Weekends are too short.

Return to “► ► Breaking News ◄ ◄”