MAGA BOMBS

Addie

MAGA BOMBS

Post by Addie »

New York Times
Explosive Device Found Near George Soros’s Home in Westchester County

An explosive device was found on Monday near the Westchester County home of George Soros, the billionaire philanthropist who is a favorite target of right-wing groups, according to a law enforcement official.

The device did not explode on its own, and bomb squad technicians “proactively detonated” it, the official said.

Federal and state law enforcement officials responded to the scene in Katonah, N.Y., a hamlet in the upscale town of Bedford in northern Westchester.

The Bedford Police Department and the Westchester County Department of Public Safety said Monday night that they were investigating at that location. The police declined to answer questions but said that a hazardous device unit had been requested. ...

His activism has made him a villain to conservative groups and the target of anti-Semitic smears. Roseanne Barr called him a Nazi in an infamous tweetstorm, and Representative Matt Gaetz, Republican of Florida, falsely speculated that Mr. Soros had funded a caravan of migrants moving north toward Mexico.
kate520

Re: Explosive Device Found Near George Soros’s Home in Westchester County

Post by kate520 »

I read somewhere on twitter (lost forever now) that the device was in the mailbox, packaged in such a way as to be indistinguishable from daily mai and was brought into the house by the employee. Unknown if mailed or placed in the mailbox.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY
TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

Will Trump prosecute this instance of domestic terrorism if the perpetrator(s) is caught? I have my doubts.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

George Soros planted that himself to generate sympathy! Bomb didn't do off because its faaaaake!!!

I had to stun my hypothalamus to get myself on the level of the conspiracy gits.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Suranis wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:16 am George Soros planted that himself to generate sympathy! Bomb didn't do off because its faaaaake!!!

I had to stun my hypothalamus to get myself on the level of the conspiracy gits.
Yes, or it was planted by one of the billions of lib-ruls he pays to post on O-Live and such.
Whip

Post by Whip »

your checks may be delayed this week.
Addie

Post by Addie »

Associated Press
Law enforcement official: Soros device had bomb components

BEDFORD, N.Y. (AP) — A device found outside a suburban New York residential compound owned by liberal philanthropist George Soros "had the components" of an actual bomb, including explosive powder, a law enforcement official said Tuesday.

"The components were there for an explosive device," said the official, who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to publicly discuss the continuing investigation. "It was not a hoax device."

The official said the investigators were reviewing surveillance video Tuesday to determine whether the package had been sent through the mail or otherwise delivered. Among the unanswered questions was whether the package was addressed to Soros, the billionaire who is a frequent target of right-wing conspiracy theories.

The Bedford Police Department said it responded to the address in the hamlet of Katonah, part of the Town of Bedford, at 3:45 p.m. A security officer who worked at the compound placed the package in a wooded area and called police, who alerted the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Bedford police said the FBI's terrorism task force was investigating. The FBI's New York field office said on Twitter that there was "no threat to public safety." A message emailed to Soros' foundation wasn't immediately returned.
Somerset

Post by Somerset »

TollandRCR wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:44 am Will Trump prosecute this instance of domestic terrorism if the perpetrator(s) is caught? I have my doubts.
I think a better question is whether the OSG will pardon the perpetrator once they're charged.

:x
Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh »

Suranis wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:16 am George Soros planted that himself to generate sympathy! Bomb didn't do off because its faaaaake!!!

That's exactly what the brainwashed are saying. oh, and cheering the attempted murder.
Addie

Post by Addie »

NBC News
Official: Suspicious Package Found at Clintons' Chappaqua Home

A senior law enforcement official says a suspicious package was found at the Chappaqua home of Hillary and Bill Clinton Wednesday, and the concern is that the package is similar to the bomb found in the mailbox of George Soros' home in the same county days earlier.

No further details were immediately available Wednesday.

The incident comes two days after a bomb was planted in a mailbox at the Bedford home of billionaire philanthropist Soros. No one was hurt in that case. It's not clear if the cases, both in Westchester County, could be related.

In Soros' case, an employee noticed the package, put it in a wooded area and called police, who alerted the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Firearms and Explosives. A law enforcement source told NBC 4 New York that the device contained explosive powder; it was detonated as a precaution.
GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

9D110975-85C5-4911-83E7-1F403ED2E3F5.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater »

Addie wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:19 am NBC News
Official: Suspicious Package Found at Clintons' Chappaqua Home

A senior law enforcement official says a suspicious package was found at the Chappaqua home of Hillary and Bill Clinton Wednesday, and the concern is that the package is similar to the bomb found in the mailbox of George Soros' home in the same county days earlier.

No further details were immediately available Wednesday.

The incident comes two days after a bomb was planted in a mailbox at the Bedford home of billionaire philanthropist Soros. No one was hurt in that case. It's not clear if the cases, both in Westchester County, could be related.

In Soros' case, an employee noticed the package, put it in a wooded area and called police, who alerted the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Firearms and Explosives. A law enforcement source told NBC 4 New York that the device contained explosive powder; it was detonated as a precaution.
It's no longer just the Clintons:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/suspic ... police-say
It first emerged that the FBI was investigating one suspicious package found by the home of Bill and Hillary Clinton in Chappaqua, New York. But in a statement, the Secret Service said after that package addressed to Hillary Clinton was caught late Tuesday, a second package addressed to Obama "was intercepted by Secret Service personnel in Washington, DC" on Wednesday morning.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:?:

When I read packages were "addressed", I think US Mail and with packages that usually come with tracking numbers. Or is this person(s) leaving the packages somewhere? I'm sure we'll hear eventually.

And...just now hearing that CNN had to evacuate and it sounds like suspicious package(s).
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

Don't tell me. Let me guess. Next rally, they'll be chanting "Blow Her Up!"
ImageImageImage x4
Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Kendra wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:32 am :?:

When I read packages were "addressed", I think US Mail and with packages that usually come with tracking numbers. Or is this person(s) leaving the packages somewhere? I'm sure we'll hear eventually.

And...just now hearing that CNN had to evacuate and it sounds like suspicious package(s).
I think they only use tracking numbers if you add them. I get pkgs all the time (putting together a memory quilt and collecting stuff from all over the world for it) and they don't have any sort of tracking on the ones that just come in manila envelopes with regular stamps. There's a bar code for the zip, but that's it.
Addie

Post by Addie »

Cross-posting

Update:
Reuters: No suspicious package addressed to White House

There was no suspicious package addressed to the White House on Wednesday, a person familiar with the matter told Reuters.

Earlier, the source believed there had been a package intercepted. The U.S. Secret Service on Wednesday said it had intercepted suspicious packages addressed to former President Barack Obama in Washington and former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton in New York.
----------------------------------

CNBC
Suspicious package addressed to the White House intercepted: CNN
A suspicious package apparently containing a pipe bomb that was addressed to the White House was intercepted on Wednesday, according to CNN, which cited a law enforcement official.

Earlier in the day, the Secret Service said that "potential explosive devices" were addressed to former President Barack Obama and ex-presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. The Time Warner building in New York City on Wednesday was evacuated following a report of suspicious package.

The device sent to the White House was similar to those sent to Clinton and Obama, according to the CNN report. It was also similar to the device sent to the liberal billionaire philanthropist George Soros earlier in the week, CNN said.
This is breaking news. Check back for updates.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Sugar Magnolia wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:39 am
Kendra wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:32 am :?:

I think they only use tracking numbers if you add them. I get pkgs all the time (putting together a memory quilt and collecting stuff from all over the world for it) and they don't have any sort of tracking on the ones that just come in manila envelopes with regular stamps. There's a bar code for the zip, but that's it.
TY. When we mail stuff at the office, we were told by USPS a couple of years ago we had to add the tracking numbers (roll of stickers provided free of charge), no more just sticking the box on the postage meter and printing out a tape with the postage on it.

This is just crazy, I walk away from the internet for an hour and the world explodes. Weird to see the CNN anchors reporting on the street with their phones.
Addie

Post by Addie »

The Hill
CNN: Time Warner building evacuated due to suspicious package

Police have been called to the Time Warner Center in New York to reportedly investigate a suspicious package, with CNN employees saying they have been evacuated from the building.

CNN was forced to cut a live broadcast out of its New York City studios, which are housed in the building, after an alarm went off due a suspected suspicious package, according to employees.

The alarm went off during "CNN Newsroom," with anchors Poppy Harlow and Jim Sciutto cutting an interview short that was focused on suspicious packages sent to the home of Bill and Hillary Clinton in New York and one package intercepted by the Secret Service that was intended to reach President Obama in Washington, D.C.

CNN switched to its Washington, D.C., studio to resume its broadcast Wednesday morning.
Adding:
CNN: Suspicious packages sent to Clinton, Obama and Time Warner Center
WPIX: Suspicious package forces evacuation of Columbus Circle buildings, including CNN newsroom
RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

Some reports that CNN was wrong about package addressed to White House.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3
kate520

Post by kate520 »

:roll: Self-reported by the White House’s official Orange Drama Queen?
DEFEND DEMOCRACY
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Reuters reports, citing a person familiar with the situation, that there was no suspicious package addressed to the White House.
It's all fast moving news, but CNN reporting on air the package was found in their mailroom and a 911 call was placed.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

Soros. Clinton. Obama. CNN.

That's THE list of the all-time biggest targets of right-wing lies, smears and paranoid fantasies.

And we're supposed to believe the same person also attacked the White House? Please.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

RoadScholar wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:03 am Soros. Clinton. Obama. CNN.

That's THE list of the all-time biggest targets of right-wing lies, smears and paranoid fantasies.

And we're supposed to believe the same person also attacked the White House? Please.
I'm sure it's one of those migrants from the caravan who got in early :sarcasm:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Re: Explosive Device Found Near George Soros’s Home in Westchester County; +Clinton, Obama

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater »

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Pol ... 23081.html
Police confirmed they're investigating a possible suspicious package at the Sunrise offices of Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz Wednesday, on the same day that suspicious packages were addressed to Hillary Clinton and former President Barack Obama.

Sunrise Police said they responded to the office of the Democratic rep for Florida's 23rd congressional district. No other information was immediately known.
Kendra

Re: Explosive Device Found Near George Soros’s Home in Westchester County; +Clinton, Obama

Post by Kendra »

CNN is reporting that the package in their mail room was addressed to John Brennan.

Are we due for a thread title change?

Return to “► ► Breaking News ◄ ◄”