Trump PARDONS THE HAMMONDS

Dolly

Re: Trump PARDONS THE HAMMONDS

Post by Dolly »

Melina Grace had trouble with her truck. The tranny is toast. She was running late.
Melina Grace is with Eric Ej Parker and 31 others.
8 hrs ·
On our way to Burns...not quite as planned...10 mpg. Ouch! Lol I will be a bit later than noon but better late than not. Right?
<snipped photo of road from inside truck>
https://www.facebook .com/photo.php?fbid=626556067723138&set=a.119943025051114.1073741828.100011062504780&type=3
Melina Grace
5 hrs ·
Holy cow...
<snipped Screen shot of her phone - distance and time from Prinville to Burns 2 hr 8 min >

couple of comments on that post:
Tyson Rudd The party at the park is kind of closing down. People leaving now. Some stay to clean up.
3h
Tyson Rudd You may catch a few. Some went up to LaVoy spot on Hwy 395
2h · Edited

https://www.facebook .com/photo.php?fbid=626714144373997&set=a.119943025051114.1073741828.100011062504780&type=3
Melina Grace
2 hrs ·
Burns baby!

some commeents:
Melina Grace Looks different without snow
2h

Aubrie Bosworth Wow id probably get lost looks crazy different without snow
2h

Kim Fritz Darnit I missed you! You must have got there about when I left.
14m
https://www.facebook .com/photo.php?fbid=626803384365073&set=a.119943025051114.1073741828.100011062504780&type=3
Yeah. Exciting stuff. :yawn:
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Teresa Brookshire
Yesterday ·

Some coming to Burns have asked about the refuge hours this weekend. These are the hours posted.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Did those fuckers really think the refuge employees were going to allow them to spit in their faces? What a bunch of idiots. I'm glad the town ignored them. Glad the Hammonds didn't show up either.

I wonder when the prophet is going to release another video claiming the Hammonds have been threatened with more prison time if they talk to the Bundys. That man lies almost as much as the current president.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

John L. Smith opinion piece for NV Indy about Hammond pardon.
https://thenevadaindependent.com/articl ... l-purposes

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

{redact name} shared a post to Peter Walker's timeline.
July 12 at 7:03 AM ·
Did you see this? It looks like the anti-government welfare ranchers are on the government dole.
https://www.facebook .com/peter.walker.31542/posts/1890318421031539
Western Watersheds Project
July 11 at 4:54 PM ·
Apparently the Hammonds were on the take for almost a million taxpayer dollars. These are your "victims of federal overreach," folks.

Courtesy of Environmental Working Group's Farm Subsidy Database.

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Dolly wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:35 pm
{redact name} shared a post to Peter Walker's timeline.
July 12 at 7:03 AM ·
Did you see this? It looks like the anti-government welfare ranchers are on the government dole.
https://www.facebook .com/peter.walker.31542/posts/1890318421031539
Western Watersheds Project
July 11 at 4:54 PM ·
Apparently the Hammonds were on the take for almost a million taxpayer dollars. These are your "victims of federal overreach," folks.

Courtesy of Environmental Working Group's Farm Subsidy Database.
That's hilarious. Color me not surprised. Approximately $90K/yr, and the gummint is the oppressor.

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

On the Rural Land Rights Advocates (RLRA) page:
Bill Goode
1 hr
There has been a wide spread misunderstanding by myself and many others regarding the BLM's "first right of refusal" on the potential sale of the Hammond Ranch.

I just spoke with Dwight Hammond and he explained what the BLM's first right of refusal was about concerning any sale of the Hammond Ranch. Apparently that first right of refusal only pertained to any possibility that the ranch would have to be sold to pay the $400,000 fine to the government. The Hammonds were able to make that payment and retain the ranch. So that right of refusal has expired and the Hammonds are free to sell or not sell their ranch to anyone they choose.

They have not yet received back the four grazing allotments the BLM took away from them in February 2014.

comments:

Joani Baxter Sad that they had to pay that amount! The grazing allotments are rights and should have never been taken away.

Bill Goode Of that $400,000 the Hammond's insurance company paid half I believe, which was a big help.

Bill Goode Yes, the Hammonds did actually PURCHASE their grazing allotments, so it amounts to theft by the BLM.

Clint Anderson another not insignificant point. The $400K was the settlement from the civil suit - not part of the criminal indictment.

Clint Anderson ......basically restitution for the costs of firefighting. If memory serves, there were about four fires that escaped the Hammonds included

Edit: I don't know where to post stuff. This is about the Hammonds. But I don't consider it "Bundy Gossip"

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Maureen Peltier shared a post.
https://www.facebook .com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1016175491878092&id=100004569528547
Linsay Tyler
4 hrs
Many businesses in the Burns/Hines area have received post cards that are considered distasteful regarding the recent pardon of the Hammonds. We are kindly asking any businesses that have received such post cards to please keep them and take them to the local Chamber Office per the request of Greg Walden’s office. Thank you and please share with the appropriate businesses as well as individuals.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Regarding the Bill Goode post that Dolly posted - anyone that has read the court documents already knows that. Poots are fools.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Walden trying to suppress free speech? Say it ain't so!

bob

Post by bob »

Any idea what's so distasteful?
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.hcn.org/articles/public-lan ... K_VFDHbrzQ
literally and figuratively. Range fires they’ve set put them in jail, twice, on federal arson charges. Meanwhile, the passions they ignited in people like Ammon Bundy helped set their northern corner of the Great Basin ablaze, when Bundy led armed militiamen in an occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge — partly to protest the Hammonds’ incarceration. Now, the Bureau of Land Management wants the Hammonds and their cows to help reduce wildfire risk.

Last year, President Donald Trump pardoned the ranchers, ending the jail time they were still serving for lighting wildland fires that endangered federal firefighters. Then, in January, then-Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke reissued their grazing permit, and the Hammonds returned to ranching. On April 9, the BLM released a new environmental assessment for grazing on the Hammond Allotment, one of the largest of several the family uses in the high desert of eastern Oregon, where rolling hills are broken by rocky outcroppings. The BLM says cattle have not grazed the land for five years because the ranchers’ permits weren’t renewed in 2014.

bob

Post by bob »

It's Twitter, so grains of salt.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

bob wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:32 am

It's Twitter, so grains of salt.
Kieran Suckling is the Director of the Center for Biological Diversity and this was a case the Center brought, so I suspect in this case it's probably reliable information. But yeah, Twitter is more often than not full of BS.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

It is real - here is the Oregonian article about it.
https://www.oregonlive.com/environment/ ... burns.html

PaulG

Post by PaulG »

I've been avoiding this thread, because I'm already on beta-blockers and this thread ain't going to help. So what is the next step for the Hammonds? Appeal? Or just ignore the court and graze anyway? And what happens if Bundy shows up with his cattle in the meanwhile?

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 »

PaulG wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:07 pm
I've been avoiding this thread, because I'm already on beta-blockers and this thread ain't going to help. So what is the next step for the Hammonds? Appeal? Or just ignore the court and graze anyway? And what happens if Bundy shows up with his cattle in the meanwhile?
If the Hammonds really have cattle on their government welfare allotment that really had calves this spring, then obeying the court order is going to be a major hassle. There are going to have a couple of hundred (?) pissed off over-protective mama cows with their calves that are going to have to be loaded into trailers and moved to some other grazing land, they are going to have to keep them on land the Hammonds actually own and feed them hay, or they are going to have to just ignore the court order. :violin: :violin: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

bob

Post by bob »

The short answer the could appeal. Or they could defy the order. The remedies for that include contempt proceedings.

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea »

PaulG wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:07 pm
Based on their previous behaviour they will:
1/ ignore the courts
2/ threaten to kill government employees
3/ set fire to federal land
4/ whine

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

5/ all of the above :|
In other news, scientists have discovered that water is wet. Film at 11.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

/6 send money
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

June bug

Post by June bug »

7/ and another pardon please

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

not sure this is the correct thread.......

Debra Cochran
5 hrs ·
Kenneth W Medenbach ... Still being a HERO
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
Kenneth W Medenbach
6 hrs
At the Safeway Store in Burns, Or. Doing a little survey on the Hammond grazing ban. Chris Briels is with me. Got into a few discussions with some uninformed locals. So far most people don't like the ban!
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
couple of comments on Kenneth's post:

Ken Morehouse Thank you two men for standing against injustice do you point out that those grazing right give the Hammonds half ownership in that ground few people do

Dan H. Bailey What do you base the theory that a grazing right gives 1/2 ownership in the land?

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Update on Dolly's post. Kenny and Briels got kicked out of the Safeway and went to a bar instead.
Kenneth W Medenbach
16 hrs ·
So Chris Briels and I started out at Safeway in Burns, to take a survey of people about the Hammond grazing ban. We talked to a few people and then were told by a Safeway manager, we could not be there. So Chris and l went around the corner to a busy street in front of the Central Pastime Bar. I hung around there for a while and talked to a few more people. I then walked up the street to the public library and talked to a bunch of people.
I ended up with 4 people saying the Hammond grazing ban was good, 8 people said they didn't have enough information and 82 people said the ban was bad. Quite a change from 3 years ago. I think after the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge occupation, a lot of liberals moved.
A hearing has been scheduled on June 28. Hopefully, the judge will not ban grazing for the Hammonds.
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I was surprised the Safeway was letting them harass customers. When I have to go some place like that, the last thing I want is somebody stopping me to tell me about their issues. I can imagine how they were phrasing their polling. And I'm pretty sure liberals didn't swing. I'm not sure they know what a liberal is. Yes, I am. I'm sure they have no idea.

Return to “► ► Breaking News ◄ ◄”