Cohen is ready to sing

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Cohen is ready to sing

Post by Flatpointhigh » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:47 am

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/15/politics ... index.html
CNN)President Donald Trump's personal attorney Michael Cohen has indicated to family and friends he is willing to cooperate with federal investigators to alleviate the pressure on himself and his family, according to a source familiar with the matter.

Cohen has expressed anger with the treatment he has gotten from the President, who has minimized his relationship with Cohen, and comments from the President's lawyer Rudy Giuliani, the source said. The treatment has left him feeling isolated and more open to cooperating, the source said.

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

NotaPerson

Re: Cohen is ready to sing

Post by NotaPerson » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:51 am

Sing your heart out, Michael. Sing loud and free!

Am I being detained?

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:56 am

:cheer1: :cheer: :happyfamily: :bar:

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:10 am

Flatpointhigh wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:47 am
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/15/politics ... index.html
:snippity: :snippity:
Cohen has expressed anger with the treatment he has gotten from the President, who has minimized his relationship with Cohen, and comments from the President's lawyer Rudy Giuliani, the source said. The treatment has left him feeling isolated and more open to cooperating, the source said.
History repeats.

From Rachel Maddow- New York Times, July 1, 1974
Herbert W. Kalmbach will go to prison tomorrow carrying what a friend described as "deep hurt" over President Nixon's apparent displeasure because of Mr. Kalmbach's decision to cooperate with the Government's prosecution of the Watergate conspiracy.
Since his sentencing on June 17, Mr. Kalmbach was said to have waited in vain for "some word of sympathy or encouragement from the President, or at least an expression of gratitude for his 12 years of unquestioning loyalty."

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:17 am

I'm confused. Why wouldn't he "sing" to avoid prison? Or does he now finally realize that's a possibility?

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:23 am

And he hasn't even been indicted yet, amiright?

The piece Maddow did the other day on Kalmbach is really worth the time to watch it.

noblepa

Post by noblepa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:28 am

Just as many believe that Trump has been using his pardons to send a message to potential investigatory targets that a pardon may be in the offing, if they just keep their mouths shut, perhaps Cohen is trying to send a not-so-subtle message to Trump; "At least promise me a pardon, or I talk".

It is noteworthy that neither Cohen nor his lawyers have contacted prosecutors to explore a deal in return for testimony.

Of course, much of Cohen's problem is in state court, where Trump is powerless.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:31 am

Maybe, just maybe he's not quite as dumb as he seems??? Nah, he's really that dumb. He just got a glimmer and self preservation kicked in. His boss has cut him loose and isn't going o help him. Poor bunny.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

June bug

Post by June bug » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:33 am

I don't think Cohen's about to sing - this is nothing more than a message to Trump that he'd better be ready to use his pardon powers.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:06 pm

Shouldn’t this thread be moved to the main Cohen thread?

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:06 pm

noblepa wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:28 am

It is noteworthy that neither Cohen nor his lawyers have contacted prosecutors to explore a deal in return for testimony.
How do we know that?

Jim

Post by Jim » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:09 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:06 pm
noblepa wrote:

How do we know that?
I think at the moment, he's between lawyers. Something about not paying his bills.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:18 pm

Kendra wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:23 am
And he hasn't even been indicted yet, amiright?

The piece Maddow did the other day on Kalmbach is really worth the time to watch it.
It was literally old news for those of us who lived through it. And Nixon didn't diss Kalmbach while Trump and his minions have started to diss Cohen. So if Cohen sings (i'll believe it when I read it in the fake news), it's not really that much like Kalmbach. (And Kalmbach was a semi-skilled lawyer -- a gradjeeat of Foogie's law school.)

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:22 pm

Adam Klasfeld

Verified account

@KlasfeldReports
Following Following @KlasfeldReports
More
I'll keep monitoring the docket to see if any update to the privilege review has been made public.

Notable: Trump's legal team never followed through on their plan to challenge the special master's privilege determinations after Judge Wood ruled any filing must be made public.

11:19 AM - 15 Jun 2018

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:33 pm

The other possibility is that Mueller might be letting news of this song concert leak out in order to see what falls out of the tree.

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:36 pm

I don't know where to post. ETA: more cuz this posted without me hitting SUBMIT button :twisted:
Trump says Cohen is no longer his lawyer

President Trump on Friday sought distance from Michael Cohen, his longtime personal attorney, who is under criminal investigation in New York.

“I haven’t spoken to Michael in a long time,” the president told reporters outside of the White House.

“No, he’s not my lawyer anymore, but I always liked Michael. And he’s a good person,” Trump added.

Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani told Politico last month that Cohen was not representing Trump, following an FBI raid in April on Cohen's home, office and hotel room. <SNIP>
http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... his-lawyer

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:01 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:22 pm

Adam Klasfeld

Verified account

@KlasfeldReports
Following Following @KlasfeldReports
More
I'll keep monitoring the docket to see if any update to the privilege review has been made public.

Notable: Trump's legal team never followed through on their plan to challenge the special master's privilege determinations after Judge Wood ruled any filing must be made public.

11:19 AM - 15 Jun 2018
Of course that implies they would know how to, wouldn't it?

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

noblepa

Post by noblepa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:39 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:06 pm
noblepa wrote:

How do we know that?
According to CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/15/politics ... index.html
CNN wrote:Cohen has not met with prosecutors to discuss any potential deal. He is currently seeking new lawyers with the goal to find a legal team with experience appearing before judges in the Southern District of New York and working with the US attorney's office in Manhattan, CNN reported earlier this week.

Return to “► ► Breaking News ◄ ◄”