Re: Robert Wagner Now a 'Person of Interest' in 1981 Death of Wife Natalie Wood

Post by pipistrelle » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:32 pm

The “now” is pretty old.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:14 pm

raicha wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:44 pm
This whole saying annoys me. The captain of the boat keep s stirring things up every now and then to try and sell his book or get paid for interviews. Now someone else is probably out there trying to do the same thing.
Or, the previously influential Robert Wagner is now so old that most of his powerful peers/protectors are dead or similarly powerless, therefore this story can finally come out without active interference.

Hollywood has a history of coverup, and that includes people whose jobs were primarily to fix things (payoffs, threats, destroying evidence) to make sure the real story didn't come out. Read up on Eddie Mannix sometime - it'll curl your hair.
Here's one article for starters:

The Fixer: MGM’s Eddie Mannix and the lives he ruined

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:25 pm

Suranis wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:01 pm
And you miss the point that I really don't care who was called a film star. If you want to rant about sexism in the coverage of 30 year old deaths, as though that was the worst thing about this, then knock yourself out.

And I never said I didn't care. Obviously I do, but I don't think anything good can come of stirring up the muck on this again. At some point the dead need to be allowed to rest. Even if they are film stars.
:roll:

ImageImageImage x4

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:45 pm

Yes, bringing this up again is just some sort of twisted plot to re-ignite Wagner's career. Wood was just the wife of a movie star, so who gives a shit if she was murdered? Hasn't she been dead long enough that we can just write this off as a really good "he got away with it" and leave the poor man alone? After all, stirring up 30 year old memories of a "questionable" death does nothing. Those new witnesses from the other boat are just looking for their 15 minutes so just ignore them.

Unless you think that knowing the truth, whatever it may be, is important.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:49 pm

Suranis wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:01 pm
And you miss the point that I really don't care who was called a film star. If you want to rant about sexism in the coverage of 30 year old deaths, as though that was the worst thing about this, then knock yourself out.

And I never said I didn't care. Obviously I do, but I don't think anything good can come of stirring up the muck on this again. At some point the dead need to be allowed to rest. Even if they are film stars.
And you just made Slim's point.

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:56 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:45 pm
Yes, bringing this up again is just some sort of twisted plot to re-ignite Wagner's career. Wood was just the wife of a movie star, so who gives a shit if she was murdered? Hasn't she been dead long enough that we can just write this off as a really good "he got away with it" and leave the poor man alone? After all, stirring up 30 year old memories of a "questionable" death does nothing. Those new witnesses from the other boat are just looking for their 15 minutes so just ignore them.

Unless you think that knowing the truth, whatever it may be, is important.
There have been people who said that same thing about old Nazis. :fingerwag:

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:04 pm

The man who found and brought in her body says he was never interviewed by the police. That's odd.
The man and woman who heard a woman crying out for help, and who subsequently called the police to report it were never interviewed by the police. That's odd.

It's enough to make one think they didn't really want to look too deeply into what happened.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:08 pm

p0rtia wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:49 pm
And you just made Slim's point.
I live to serve. :roll:
RoadScholar wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:56 pm
There have been people who said that same thing about old Nazis. :fingerwag:
And I actually thought the whole "put a 90 year old man on trial because he was a guard somewhere 60 years ago" thing was pretty horrifying. It was turned into a spectacle, and was all about simple revenge, not justice. It might have been different if it was someone up the chain of command, but the guys they were dragging into a courtroom in the latter periods were pretty much nobodies.

Anyway :hijacked:

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:13 pm

Yeah, the poor fellows. They only helped kill thousands of Jews.

Justice would have been to catch and execute them before they got to enjoy 50 more years of life. But catching them later and holding them to account is better than nothing.

And you have sympathy for them? Seriously?

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:02 pm

Yes.

I'm sorry that it sears your Puritan soul that I have compassion for old men. For one thing, I have compassion for them because I don't want to become like them.

Newsflash, people do horrible things when the world goes mad. Are you so innocent? Do you want, for example, the Guards of the USA Japanese interment camps to be dragged out of their homes and stand trial now?

BUT THAT'S NOT THE SAME THING, I hear you cry? Really? People died in those camps. People were mistreated in those camps. Peole were treated as though they were not human in those camps. And the people who guarded those camps were told that the people in them were enemies of their country, and if they didn't guard them bad things would happen to them because there was a war on.

And lets not forget Gitmo, where innocent men have been imprisoned for decades. Want to wheel out the guards for Gitmo for trial, and leave W Bush sitting in Dallas drinking himself to death?

These men were kids who had been told all their lives that the people in the camps were enemies of their country and that they had worked to destroy their country. And then they were conscripted and given a choice (a) guard that gate or (b) get shot. You seriously want to tell me you would have bravely stood up to the SS and other officers and gotten a bullet in the brain for your trouble? If so you are a better person than me, because I don't know if I would have been able to or even would have wanted to.

And ever since then they have lived with what happened, eating away at them from the back of their minds. Every time they close their eyes its there. They try and justify it. Pretend it never happened. That they are not the same man who did all that, while they work hard and raise their family. Every day of every year till they are old.

Damn fucking right I have compassion for them. A lot of people did fucking terrible things and walked away from their crimes in world war 2. Its time to leave it to those men and their God. Dragging them into a court after 50 years is a mockery of justice.

And I'm sorry, but if you want to think of yourself as truly tolerant, then you have to be compassionate to people who everyone despises. There is no harder thing to do in Christianity, with the exception of forgiveness.

And if you don't like that, then hell I can understand that. But at least I still have a bruised and battered soul.
DejaMoo wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:04 pm
The man who found and brought in her body says he was never interviewed by the police. That's odd.
The man and woman who heard a woman crying out for help, and who subsequently called the police to report it were never interviewed by the police. That's odd.

It's enough to make one think they didn't really want to look too deeply into what happened.
Yeah, that is odd. Unless they were pretty satisfied that she just fell overboard while drunk. You would think they would have all the Is dotted and Ts crossed for a high profile case though. Are people who find bodies usually interviewed? I actually have no idea.

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:58 am

Srsly? This is worth arguing about and making catty remarks?

Please keep in mind, nobody is going to be charged with a crime. It's all about selling a show and cops thumping their chests. If they were going to prosecute, they would have done it 35 years ago.

... and how does that make you feel?
What is it you are trying to say?
:think:

tek

Post by tek » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:05 am

I agree.
If the case relies on human recollection of events 35 years ago, it'd be a tough sell in court..

That right-wing hooey sure stunk up the joint

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:23 pm

Hollywood finds it good business to protect its people, to the extent of hush money and coverups.
It also finds it good business to throw them under the bus, either when their careers are near the end or when they're given up to the media in exchange for not exposing someone higher up in the Hollywood hierarchy.

Return to “► ► Breaking News ◄ ◄”