Another Shooting

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Re: Another Shooting

Post #5726 by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:16 am

http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/s ... ewsletters

Scalise Undergoes Surgery for Infection
Brooks says full recovery could take ‘about a year or two’

Alabama Rep. Mo Brooks, who was on the field during the shooting, said Scalise’s recovery could take time.

“My buddy Steve Scalise is still in the hospital with some very serious injuries that’s going to take, if things go right, it will be about a year or two before he’ll have recovered with all of the rehab and reconstructive surgery,” Brooks said in an interview on the Dan Morris Show in Montgomery, Ala.

I tweeted my senators and said it was a good thing Scalise has Obamacare.

“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Sam the Centipede

Post #5727 by Sam the Centipede » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:01 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/scalise-surgery-infection-recovery-about-a-year-or-two?utm_source=rollcallafternoon&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletters&utm_source=rollcallafternoon&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletters

Scalise Undergoes Surgery for Infection
Brooks says full recovery could take ‘about a year or two’

Alabama Rep. Mo Brooks, who was on the field during the shooting, said Scalise’s recovery could take time.

“My buddy Steve Scalise is still in the hospital with some very serious injuries that’s going to take, if things go right, it will be about a year or two before he’ll have recovered with all of the rehab and reconstructive surgery,” Brooks said in an interview on the Dan Morris Show in Montgomery, Ala.

I tweeted my senators and said it was a good thing Scalise has Obamacare.

Others of a less noble spirit might have said the opposite! ;)

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post #5728 by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:01 pm

:oops: I blush at your compliment, sir.

“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Sam the Centipede

Post #5729 by Sam the Centipede » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:47 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote::oops: I blush at your compliment, sir.

Did you say Atlanta is burning?! Lock the front door!

Fortinbras

Post #5730 by Fortinbras » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:34 pm

So a major league Republican is shot and nearly killed (and probably crippled to some degree) by a crazy person, and his life is saved and his rehab is provided by Obamacare, and the response of Republicans is:

No effort to separate guns from crazy persons,
Making Obamacare go away.

Is that about right?

Sam the Centipede

Post #5731 by Sam the Centipede » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:29 am

Fortinbras wrote:So a major league Republican is shot and nearly killed (and probably crippled to some degree) by a crazy person, and his life is saved and his rehab is provided by Obamacare, and the response of Republicans is:

No effort to separate guns from crazy persons,

Is that about right?

Except you forgot the bit about it being all the liberals' fault.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post #5732 by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:00 pm

Sam the Centipede wrote:
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote::oops: I blush at your compliment, sir.

Did you say Atlanta is burning?! Lock the front door!

No, since I didn't live during that war. BTW, I NEVAH understood Scarlett's OBSESSION with that wimpy Ashley Wilkes!

neeneko

Post #5733 by neeneko » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:06 pm

Fortinbras wrote:No effort to separate guns from crazy persons,

Is that about right?

Well, within their world view this is self consistent. If more people had been armed, then the attacker would have been stopped quicker. If obamacare was repealed, then the care the victim received would have been better and cheaper.

RTH10260

Post #5734 by RTH10260 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:39 pm

neeneko wrote:
Fortinbras wrote:No effort to separate guns from crazy persons,

Is that about right?

Well, within their world view this is self consistent. If more people had been armed, then the attacker would have been stopped quicker. If obamacare was repealed, then the care the victim received would have been better and cheaper.

Wll of course, the Congress critters would be having excellent coverage way above average. Their staff? Prediction: none.

Volkonski

Post #5735 by Volkonski » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:46 pm

Ohio gender reveal party: A joyful occasion turns deadly

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/10/us/ohio-h ... index.html

After the "gender reveal" party was over, a dozen or so people, including children, had reportedly settled in to watch a "Spider-Man" movie.

That's when terror came in.

Police near Cincinnati say two gunmen in hoodies opened fire with handguns, killing a woman and wounded eight others, including three children.

Now, instead of celebrating new life, the group will be mourning a loss and caring for the injured.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

kate520

Post #5736 by kate520 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:58 pm

:crying: :crying: :crying:
Why are there such hateful assholes in the world?!?

/rhetorical wail

Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

Mohammed Ali

Whatever4

Post #5737 by Whatever4 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:24 pm

Not a recent one, but guns going off by themselves have a long history. (Genealogy research)

After crossing into KY they made camp one night. Two sons went off to hunt for dinner & caught something. One son laid down his gun to help clean their kill. After going to bed he remembered his loaded gun sitting outside. While trying to retrieve it in the dark it went off killing his father. Rene II was buried near their camp somewhere in KY.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

DejaMoo

Post #5738 by DejaMoo » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:36 pm

Now appearing around the Twin Cities:

Return to “► ► Breaking News ◄ ◄”