2013 Governor: Virginia

Joseph Robidoux III

Post by Joseph Robidoux III »

It's early but I found these comments about Republican Ken Cuccinelli interesting.PPP's first Virginia poll of 2013 finds Terry McAuliffe leading Ken Cuccinelli 46-41. When Bill Bolling is thrown into the mix as an independent candidate he gets 15%, with McAuliffe's lead expanding to 8 points at 40/32.The story of the race at this point is really how unpopular Cuccinelli is. Only 29% of voters have a favorable opinion of him to 45% with a negative one. Even among Republicans there are significant doubts about him- only 48% see him favorably with a much higher than normal 23% of voters within his own party seeing him negatively.McAuliffe is essentially functioning as a generic Democratic candidate at this point. Only 51% of voters are familiar enough with him to have an opinion and those who have one are pretty evenly divided about him with 25% rating him favorably and 26% unfavorably. His early lead has more to do with voters disliking Cuccinelli than actually liking him.[/break1]publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/01/mcauliffe-has-early-lead-in-va-gov.html#more]http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main ... .html#more

A Legal Lohengrin

Post by A Legal Lohengrin »

Kookinelli needs to go. He is personally depressing property values.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Yabbut McAullife is pretty smarmy. Of course he'd be better than the Kooch, but he's still smarmy.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Loh' and 'Filly are quite a tag team this morning.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Loh' and 'Filly are quite a tag team this morning. :mrgreen: Sekrit Stuffs!
Don't be jealous! :xo
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Joseph Robidoux III

Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli decided its time to tell everyone his campaign themes:1) I'm the biggest RWNJ in the state (that includes the 7th district congressman).2) See #1Virginia Attorney General and gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli has filed a petition challenging a ruling that recently struck down the state's anti-sodomy law.The petition, filed on March 26 but reported by the Washington Blade on Wednesday, asks for a full 15-judge court to reconsider a decision made on March 12 by a three-judge panel that overturned the law.The decision underscores the attorney general's steadfast social conservatism as he tries to run for governor. In 2010 Cuccinelli urged colleges and universities to end protections based on sexual orientation. Voters passed a gay marriage and civil union ban in 2006, but a recent poll found voters were split in their opinions on gay marriage.Unlike the legality of that issue, which is currently before the Supreme Court, anti-sodomy laws have been considered unconstitutional for nearly a decade under the due process clause of the 14th Amendment. In the 2003 decision Lawrence v. Texas, the court struck down a Texas statute that prohibited sexual acts between same-sex partners and implied that similar laws did not pass constitutional muster. However, the Virginia law has since remained on the books.[/break1]huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/03/ken-cuccinelli-sodomy_n_3007731.html?utm_hp_ref=politics]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/0 ... f=politicsIs Virginia so flush with cash they can throw money away in a US Court of Appeals arguing something that was decided by the US Supreme Court 10 years ago?

mimi

Post by mimi »

There have been so many instances in the past couple of months where Cuccinelli has recused from due to 'conflict of interest'. American Bridge just released this one:They released this one a few weeks ago:share. :D

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

Thanks for posting those videos mimi. Shared!
Birfers are toast

mimi

Post by mimi »

Florida elected a criminal as their governor.So why not, Virginia?Cooch has a 10 point lead.[/break1]com/archives/2013/05/05/cuccinelli_grabs_early_lead_in_virginia.html]http://politicalwire.com/archives/2013/ ... ginia.html

Joseph Robidoux III

We gotz ourselves a race.[/break1]photobucket.com/user/Joseph_Robidoux_III/media/Politics/2013%20Elections/2013GovernorVA2013-05-17_zps50cd3a60.jpg.html]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n63 ... cd3a60.jpg[/break1]realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2013/governor/va/virginia_governor_cuccinelli_vs_mcauliffe-3033.html]http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... -3033.html

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

No great surprise that the GOP nominated Cuccinelli for governor, but JEEBUS help us! For lieutenant governor they nominated Chesapeake Minister E.W. Jackson and I swear this fruit-loop HAZ to be Pasture Manning's brother!
Birfers are toast

pitbullsigh

Post by pitbullsigh »

Now Im gonna have to google this fake Manning. He better stop playing :-?

Addie

Post by Addie »

[link]BuzzFeed,http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski ... -world-fro[/link]

Republican Virginia Lt. Governor Nominee: Obama Sees World "From A Muslim Perspective"

The Virginia Republican Party picked conservative minister E.W. Jackson as their nominee for lieutenant governor Saturday night. Jackson will run along side Ken Cuccinelli and is the first black candidate the party has nominated for statewide office since 1988 according to the Associated Press.

In 2010 Jackson formed a political action committee called the Stand America PAC “to recruit and support conservative black candidates to run against liberals in Congressional Black Caucus districts” according to a press release. Jackson also maintained a now defunct blog on his site, where he argued in one post that President Obama saw the world “from a Muslim perspective.”

Obama clearly has Muslim sensibilities. He sees the world and Israel from a Muslim perspective. His construct of “The Muslim World” is unique in modern diplomacy. It is said that only The Muslim Brotherhood and other radical elements of the religion use that concept. It is a call to unify Muslims around the world. It is rather odd to hear an American President use it. In doing so he reveals more about his thinking than he intends. The dramatic policy reversal of joining the unrelentingly ant-Semitic, anti-Israel and pro-Islamic UN Human Rights Council is in keeping with the President’s truest – albeit undeclared – sensibilities

Those who are paying attention and thinking about these issues do not find it unreasonable to consider that President Obama is influenced by a strain of anti-Semitism picked up from the black community, his leftist friends and colleagues, his Muslim associations and his long period of mentorship under Jeremiah Wright. If this conclusion is accurate, Israel has some dark days ahead. For the first time in her history, she may find the President of the United States siding with her enemies. Those who believe as I do that Israel must be protected had better be ready for the fight. We are. NEVER AGAIN!
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

mimi

Post by mimi »

totally crazy.The Dem Gubernatorial candidate wasn't all that strong, so the Republicans choose a total nutbag to run as Lt. Governor? Weigel explained how it happened:So let’s go in order. Jackson’s victory was preordained 11 months ago, when the state GOP announced it would hold a convention, not a primary, to pick its next candidate. Virginia voters don’t register by party; it’s hard, but doable, for a moderate to win a primary by appealing beyond the base. Conventions, in Virginia and anywhere else, empower the activists who care enough about their party to spend a weekend in an air conditioned arena waving Gadsden flags and poster board campaign swag.[/break1]slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2013/05/e_w_jackson_virginia_gop_s_choice_for_lieutenant_governor_why_his_nomination.single.html]http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... ingle.htmland also:Meet E.W. Jackson, the Walking Republican Nightmare[/break1]slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/05/21/meet_e_w_jackson_the_walking_republican_nightmare.html]http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/ ... tmare.htmlMeet E.W. Jackson, the Walking Republican NightmareI find it disconcerting that there are not better Democratic candidates in some states. But thankfully, in this case, the GOP is just too nuts for their own good.

Welsh Dragon

Post by Welsh Dragon »

Just a reminder for those outside the Old Dominion - the Senate is tied so the Lt. Gov. post is crucial this year because he'll have the casting vote.(The next senate elections are in 2015)

mimi

Post by mimi »

E.W. Jackson Electrifies RPV Convention

:-?

So if you don't wanna watch the whole 4 minutes, I wouldn't blame you. But it was rather amusing to me at the 2:30 mark, he sez "...And because this is my vision for our country, I am proud to say I am not an African-American, I am American."

the crowd goes wild. And the camera pans the crowd. Not a brown face to be found.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

"...And because this is my vision for our country, I am proud to say I am not an African-American, I am American."the crowd goes wild. And the camera pans the crowd. Not a brown face to be found.Well, see? Just what I been sayin'.Learn something new every consarn day here at Fogbow. This board is a revelation. OK, actually I learned two things. Make that three.I learned that you can quit being black if you don't like it much. You just stand up in front of a bunch of white people and say, "I'm not black any more. Notice my lack of ethnic diction, ladies and gentlemen. By any chance would you have any Grey Poupon?" I'm a little surprised black people didn't think of this a long time ago. Oh, wait. Alan Keyes thought of it. Lloyd Marcus surely thought of it. Remember when he went in a restaurant and noticed a group of elderly whites who became a little uncomfortable and quiet when they saw him, and he said he wanted to tell them, "No! I'm white just like you! I listen to Rush! I sing about America!" Lots of people have thought of it, I reckon. Hell, Pambly and Retired Master Sgt. Intelligence Officer quit being white for some reason. Street cred. Second, I learned that African-Americans don't share the same vision for our country as white folks. See, if he had the wrong vision for America, then he could still be an African-American, and we surely don't want that. Up until now, I thought most of us, black and white, shared a mostly common vision of this great land of ours, but no. White folks have a vision for our country that's totally different from any vision of our country that African-Americans have. Not only that, if you go with the (white) approved vision for our country, it will help you quit being black. You're gonna be whiter than a KKK robe, real soon!Third, I learned that E.W. Jackson is a ...
For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

Third, I learned that E.W. Jackson is a ...fucking whacked out gone down the road bigoted bible thumping lunatic! FIFY
Birfers are toast

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

It is soooo unlike you to tell us what you think, MsDaisy. :o :lol:
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

mimi

Post by mimi »

The GOP’s black ‘mad men’: Why the party can’t find its own Barack Obama

Opinion

by Joy-Ann Reid | May 21, 2013 at 5:11 PM

http://thegrio.files.wordpress.com/2013 ... .png?w=650

From left to right: Virginia Lt. governor candidate E.W. Jackson, former congressman, and soon to be Fox News personality Allen West, former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain, and Dr. Ben Carson. (E.W. Jackson photo by Jacquelyn Martin/AP; Allen West photo by John W. Adkisson/Getty Images; Hernan Cain photo by Getty Images; Alan Keyes picture, from web archives of his RenewAmerica PAC; Ben Carson photo by Douglas Graham/CQ Roll Call, via Getty Images;)

[/break1]com/2013/05/21/why-the-gop-cant-find-their-own-obama/]http://thegrio.com/2013/05/21/why-the-g ... own-obama/

pitbullsigh

Post by pitbullsigh »

well I am happy to announce that at least one of the Dem AG candidates [Fairfax and hes one of the blahs too ;) ] and one of the LG candidates in VA [Chopra-hes a brown ;)]really seem to be pushing GOTV initiatives for the primary next month. I received a call last night from a sweet young lady to make sure I would be out and to tell me about Fairfax, I get a lot of emails re: Chopra both focusing on Jobs for VA and womens rights and health.WTG VA Dem partyCooky and Im not Black are pretty much the worse [-X

A Legal Lohengrin

Post by A Legal Lohengrin »

From left to right: Virginia Lt. governor candidate E.W. Jackson, former congressman, and soon to be Fox News personality Allen West, former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain, and Dr. Ben Carson. (E.W. Jackson photo by Jacquelyn Martin/AP; Allen West photo by John W. Adkisson/Getty Images; Hernan Cain photo by Getty Images; Alan Keyes picture, from web archives of his RenewAmerica PAC; Ben Carson photo by Douglas Graham/CQ Roll Call, via Getty Images;)There's your answer right there. You have a lunatic (who has sworn off being black anyway), a war criminal, a failed pizza guy, an even crazier lunatic (Keyes) and yet another lunatic who repeats the Santorum-like bestiality obsession. Maybe the pugs could try looking for black people somewhere other than an insane asylum.

Addie

Post by Addie »

[link]Political Wire,http://politicalwire.com/archives/2013/ ... ginia.html[/link]

Warner Declines to Endorse GOP Ticket in Virginia

Former Sen. John Warner (R-VA) told the [link]Richmond Times-Dispatch,http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/state ... 949b3.html[/link] he would not endorse the ultra-conservative Republican ticket in Virginia.

Said Warner: "Each person in our state's got to make their own judgment on that issue, I maintain a golden silence -- because the facts are clear for all to interpret."
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

mimi

Post by mimi »

It seems Cuccinelli's office has been helping Coal/Gas companies defend from landowners suing for compensation for gas being extracted from their property.

Shocking, but not surprising

A judge says the attorney general’s office has been aiding and abetting Big Coal in its fight not to pay landowners for the gas it has taken from them.

Monday, June 10, 2013

A federal judge last week said she was shocked an assistant state attorney general is aiding big coal in a court battle against property owners in Virginia’s coalfields who are seeking to be paid for the gas the companies have taken.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Pamela Meade Sargent found that Assistant Attorney General Sharon Pigeon, who advises the Virginia Gas and Oil Board, was assisting the defense. Sargent wrote: “Shockingly, these emails show that the Board, or at least Pigeon, has been actively involved in assisting EQT and CNX with the defense of these cases, including offering advice on and providing information for use on the Motions before the court.”

Shocking, but not surprising, given Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli’s cozy relationship with the coal and gas companies. So far this year, Consol (CNX) has given Cuccinelli’s gubernatorial campaign $86,000, according to the Virginia Public Access Project.

The AG’s office responded to the judge’s astonishment: “Our office’s role is not to provide advice to any private party in this case. Our office intervened in the case for the limited purpose of defending the constitutionality of the Virginia Gas and Oil Act.”

more:

[/break1]roanoke.com/opinion/editorial/1991165-12/shocking-but-not-surprising.html]http://www.roanoke.com/opinion/editoria ... ising.html

Princess foofypants

Post by Princess foofypants »

We sw an ad for Cuccinelli the other day (our house is not far from Virginia so we get their ads too). For some bizarre reason, he appears to be doing it in a golf store. And he has Michelle Bachman eyes. Creepy.

Return to “Election 2013”