Election Results 11/8/2016

Mikedunford

Re: Election Results 11/8/2016

Post by Mikedunford »

Our country is what it is. Sometimes, what it is turns out to be neither what we wanted nor what we thought it was. That's reason to keep working to improve it. It's not an excuse for despair, and it's not an excuse to run and hide. It's a signal that we need to work harder, be more compassionate, and make up ground.
"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Damn, I have already given up. Don''t dangle it out there and then take it away.
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016
BrianH

Post by BrianH »

Suranis wrote:CNN: Trump lead over Clinton drops to 25,000 votes in Michigan.

Fingers and toes crossed.
The bigger problem lies across the Lake in Wisconsin. Some votes still out in Dane (Madison) and Milwaukee counties, but the deficit is scary.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

At least that fucking piece of scum Arpaio lost.
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :shock:

Not unhappy that Arpaio lost. ;)
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

Y'all... I'm terrified & on the verge of tears. I cannot believe this is happening. We are about to hand nuclear weapons to an insane demagogue who will have the full support of the house & senate and SCOTUS!!!
RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

The possibility is atrocious beyond expression.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3
GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper »

Afterbirth of a Nation.
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

GlimDropper wrote:Afterbirth of a Nation.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

NYT has MI in the red end of tossup on their forecast. The needle is slowly moving HRCs way... Yes I'm starting at it compolsivle. DONT JUDGE ME!!
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
optimusprime

Post by optimusprime »

Florida has gone to the Trump... :bag:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

NBC Charlotte

@wcnc

#BREAKING: The North Carolina State Board of Elections says Durham County has not yet uploaded roughly 93,000 early voting results.
4:15 AM - 9 Nov 2016
I smell ratfucking.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
becca

Post by becca »

I am speechless and sad. And sick. My 33 year old professional daughter wants to rush home to her mommy because the world is falling apart. I live in Kansas. I am used to being surrounded by people who are my moral, political and educational opposite. But I have consoled myself over the years with the belief that, in the rest of the country, like-minded people were the norm and the majority. I am mourning the loss of that comfort.

And, god damn it, it was our turn to have a woman as President. So done. My best friend wants to move to Uruguay and build a compound!

Thanks to Foggy, and all you Fogbowzers, for a safe, smart, snarky place. We will all need it even more in the days to come. :brokenheart:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Michican Needle is moving away from Hillz. :S
DejaMoo

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

I wonder how many US voters pulled a Brexit, similarly assuming it was safe to cast a protest vote against politics as usual by voting Trump.
I've heard this bull before.
NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson »

Dow futures down 755 points.
Am I being detained?
rikker

Post by rikker »

I am SO unhappy with the state of this race.
"Look, if I were to go around saying I were an emperor just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."
Plutodog

Post by Plutodog »

Me too. Is Foggy okay? Anybody heard from him?
The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I'm seriously wondering if there was massive vote rigging. This does not seem right at all. How can you insult everyone. Only praise one demo and somehow win?

Wisconsin is over bar the counting, btw.

And how is wifehorn.
DejaMoo

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Journalist Sarah Kendzior, who studies authoritarian regimes, warned last week that there were signs of a 'soft coup', in that the leaders of our national security agencies and the military appeared willing to interfere with the electoral process to get a Trump win. At the time, I made a bit of fun of her fears. I thought she'd begun to believe too many conspiracy theories. She said she knows it when she sees it.
I've heard this bull before.
SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 10 years Admin Law Judge for 4 state agencies. Retired but still available for ass kicking.

Post by SuzieC »

We no longer have a democracy.
GlimDropper

Re: DejaMoo

Post by GlimDropper »

DejaMoo wrote:..,..

Off topic but Deja, thank you for bringing the cute little kitten avatar back. I needed the warm smile. :lovestruck:
Suranis

Re: DejaMoo

Post by Suranis »

DejaMoo wrote:Journalist Sarah Kendzior, who studies authoritarian regimes, warned last week that there were signs of a 'soft coup', in that the leaders of our national security agencies and the military appeared willing to interfere with the electoral process to get a Trump win. At the time, I made a bit of fun of her fears. I thought she'd begun to believe too many conspiracy theories. She said she knows it when she sees it.
She was right.
BrianH

Post by BrianH »

Suranis wrote:I'm seriously wondering if there was massive vote rigging. This does not seem right at all. How can you insult everyone. Only praise one demo and somehow win?
There were some exit polling results around 4 p.m. EST. One that concerned me was that Trump was about even or polling slightly ahead with college educated white voters. The comment was made that this was favorable to HRC compared to Romney's margins. But the idea that college educated people could rank Hillary and Trump equal was disturbing. Now it's like a nightmare I can't wake up to end.
TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

People will be losing a lot of money in their investment accounts. The Supreme Court is gone for generations. People with educations who try to do the right thing for their communities will be more reviled than ever. Our allies are in deep shit. The most petty, revengeful and unstable person ever will be in the Oval Office. It's unthinkable what he will do with the full power of the federal government to destroy the press (who've had a big hand in this), investigate and persecute his enemies (and he has many), oppress minorities, continue to demean women. I could write all night.

All of the American values I've held dear have been flushed down the toilet.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Return to “Election 2016”