Unhacking the Vote / Votesleuth.org

DejaMoo

Unhacking the Vote / Votesleuth.org

Post by DejaMoo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:43 pm

Mike Farb of Unhack the Vote has been tweeting out graphs that purportedly show strange voting anomalies from the 2016 election. His reporting inspired Vote Sleuth,
We had been following @mikefarb1 with great interest on Twitter. He and a crowd-sourced team of crack data analysts have been finding some very interesting peculiarities in precinct-level election statistics from recent elections.

At some point @mikefarb1 posted a link to an article about a statistician’s denied request to audit Kansas voting machines based on some statistically anomalous results she had found when looking at precinct-level election returns vs. precinct size.

This led us to some extremely alarming papers by statisticians who have noticed odd-looking data when they tally precinct-level votes starting with the smallest precincts and moving to the largest.

We found this quite shocking. :snippity: So we decided to investigate this ourselves.
This website is a record of our ongoing work.
I tend to be more skeptical about things I want to believe are true, because I don't like feeling foolish when it turns out I let myself be taken in. Also, I'm not at all qualified to assess these groups' claims about statistical results and their implications. But I would love to read the opinions of everyone more qualified than me to evaluate these analyses/claims. (Slarti? :flirty: )

GhostOfSolomon

Re: Unhacking the Vote / Votesleuth.org

Post by GhostOfSolomon » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:16 pm

Well Mr. Farb seems to have gained himself some attention by contributing to a Newsweek article that is quite bad.

http://www.newsweek.com/alt-right-trump ... ter-810355
Newsweek has retracted its story about a conservative botnet effort to force the resignation of Senator Al Franken.

The initial report was based on research conducted by Unhack The Vote, a group examining outside influence in U.S. elections and politics. It alleged that a "decidedly alt-right" botnet "weaponized" anti-Franken stories and amplified pressure on Franken to resign after allegations of sexual misconduct. Newsweek was unable to independently verify their claims after a further review of their work.

Newsweek regrets the error.

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

One must not accept any doctrine from reverence, but first try it as gold is tried by fire.

#IngloriousBastard
#Wolverine

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:34 pm

Yeh, where is our Slarti? :daydream: Off finding a cure for cancer or some such.
DejaMoo wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:43 pm
(Slarti? :flirty: )

¡Sterngard! come home.

GhostOfSolomon

Post by GhostOfSolomon » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:21 pm

One must not accept any doctrine from reverence, but first try it as gold is tried by fire.

#IngloriousBastard
#Wolverine

Return to “Election 2016”