(Former) Sheriff David Clarke

TollandRCR

Re: Sheriff David Clarke

Post by TollandRCR » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:12 pm

The Secret Service deserves better.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

phaseolus

Post by phaseolus » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:27 pm

ZekeB wrote:It may be to our benefit if Trump puts this "sheriff" in charge of the Secret Service.

NADT

As a Milwaukeean, I'm just happy to be rid of him.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:35 pm

Is he gonna stop wearing that ridiculous Michael Jackson tribute outfit?

vic

Post by vic » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:38 pm

phaseolus wrote:
ZekeB wrote:It may be to our benefit if Trump puts this "sheriff" in charge of the Secret Service.

NADT

As a Milwaukeean, I'm just happy to be rid of him.
I can't imagine what it was like having him as sheriff.

Oh, wait - we had police chief Daryl Gates.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:55 pm

Dan1100 wrote:What would be awesome would be if someone (like Miller) promised him a spot, got him to resign, and someone else (like Kelly) says "No way" and screws him over.
Maybe! :lol: Gateway Pundit:
White House Spox: Former Sheriff Clarke Is Not Being Considered for Position in Trump Administration (VIDEO)
September 1, 2017 by Jim Hoft 60 Comments

According to reports, outgoing Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke will be joining the Trump administration. Clarke submitted his resignation on Thursday, effective Thursday.

On Friday White House spokesperson Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters former Sheriff Clarke is not being considered for any position in the Trump administration at this time.

Sarah Sanders: "I'm not aware of any specific jobs" that Sheriff David Clarke is being considered for in the administration pic.twitter.com/74LFGl7mCh

— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) September 1, 2017
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/09 ... ion-video/

From Michael Moore: RESISTANCE CALENDAR! A one-stop site for all anti-Trump actions EVERY DAY nationwide: http://resistancecalendar.org

P.K.
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.

Post by P.K. » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:59 pm

Orlylicious wrote:
Dan1100 wrote:What would be awesome would be if someone (like Miller) promised him a spot, got him to resign, and someone else (like Kelly) says "No way" and screws him over.
Maybe! :lol: Gateway Pundit:
White House Spox: Former Sheriff Clarke Is Not Being Considered for Position in Trump Administration (VIDEO)
September 1, 2017 by Jim Hoft 60 Comments

According to reports, outgoing Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke will be joining the Trump administration. Clarke submitted his resignation on Thursday, effective Thursday.

On Friday White House spokesperson Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters former Sheriff Clarke is not being considered for any position in the Trump administration at this time.

Sarah Sanders: "I'm not aware of any specific jobs" that Sheriff David Clarke is being considered for in the administration pic.twitter.com/74LFGl7mCh

— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) September 1, 2017
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/09 ... ion-video/
Ms. Huckabee Sanders lies almost as much as her boss, and is an expert on using weasel words like "I'm not aware of...." I won't be surprised to see Clarke in some White House position sooner rather than later.

IANALBIPOOTV - I am not a lawyer, but I've played one on TV. In fact, IANA (fill in the blank) but chances are I've played on on TV.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:04 pm

pipistrelle wrote:Is he gonna stop wearing that ridiculous Michael Jackson tribute outfit?
Can you imagine him wearing the uniform with the Flair to an interview with Gen. Kelly?

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:13 pm

Chilidog wrote:
pipistrelle wrote:Is he gonna stop wearing that ridiculous Michael Jackson tribute outfit?
Can you imagine him wearing the uniform with the Flair to an interview with Gen. Kelly?
Can we be flies on the wall for that one?

Oh, and thread title tweaked since he's no longer Sheriff.

Michael J

Re: (Former) Sheriff David Clarke

Post by Michael J » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:06 pm

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." - Justice William J. Brennan, Jr.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:06 am

:lol: :thumbs:
David Clarke mum on plans but lucrative pension backdrop not in his future
Don Behm, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Published 9:50 a.m. CT Sept. 1, 2017 | Updated 4:12 p.m. CT Sept. 1, 2017

Former Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. remained mum about his future plans on Friday while a check of his county pension eligibility showed those plans likely will not include counting up a lucrative pension backdrop bonus payment. A preliminary look shows that the former sheriff — based on his start date in 2002 —missed being eligible for the lump-sum backdrop check by 10 days, a county official said. The pension perk is paid to county workers who stay on the job past their retirement eligibility date.

Earlier this year, four county retirees, including one former deputy district attorney and one former assistant district attorney, received backdrop checks exceeding $1 million on top of their regular pension benefit.

After nearly 40 years serving my community I'm retiring. What a ride! I will announce my future plans next week after the Labor Day holiday. pic.twitter.com/pYbv7txCEZ
— David A. Clarke, Jr. (@SheriffClarke) September 1, 2017

As of Friday, the day after he announced his resignation, Clarke had not contacted the county Retirement Plan Services office to start the pension ball rolling, and had not submitted a retirement application, according to Amy Pechacek, interim director of the office. Clarke is eligible for a county pension after 15 years of service as sheriff. He also is eligible for a City of Milwaukee pension after 24 years of service there, from 1978 to 2002.

Politico continued to report Friday that Clarke is expected to take a job in President Donald Trump's administration. But sources close to the sheriff disputed that to the Journal Sentinel, saying Clarke is looking at opportunities outside of government that support the Trump agenda and keep Clarke in the public eye.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/loca ... 624509001/

Is he coming to DC to shut down DACA for Donald or part of Fox (or Sinclair's) new Fall Primetime Lineup?

From Michael Moore: RESISTANCE CALENDAR! A one-stop site for all anti-Trump actions EVERY DAY nationwide: http://resistancecalendar.org

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:13 am

Wait. So he missed being eligible for a lucrative pension check by retireing 10 days too early?

LOL

I bet the taxpayers are glad to hear that.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:50 am

Yayup, he's exactly the sharp, plan ahead kind of guy you need in this administration. :lol: Ten days?! Or was there a reason he might not collect even if. He waited?

Patriotism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel.
Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:31 am

that support the Trump agenda and keep Clarke in the public eye.
What kind of sad sack needs to be in the public eye?

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:35 am

kate520 wrote:Yayup, he's exactly the sharp, plan ahead kind of guy you need in this administration. :lol: Ten days?! Or was there a reason he might not collect even if. He waited?
Well, it's not like he isn't of the same (low)caliber and moral fiber as the rest of the LaRump maladminstration and WH staff, now is it. He'd fit right it. I was terrified that he was going to be appointed to Homeland when this all started, thankfully, I think, he has muddied the waters sufficiently that he'd never get approved now. I really do like him missing that pension thing though, there is some justice at least.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:39 am

Milwaukee was always the second-most liberal city in Wisconsin. How did the piece of work get elected in the first place? The world wonders...

Vím o prasatech hodně zajímavých věcí.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:40 am

ZekeB wrote:Milwaukee was always the second-most liberal city in Wisconsin. How did the piece of work get elected in the first place? The world wonders...
Collar suburbs of frustrated old white people.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:40 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:
kate520 wrote:Yayup, he's exactly the sharp, plan ahead kind of guy you need in this administration. :lol: Ten days?! Or was there a reason he might not collect even if. He waited?
Well, it's not like he isn't of the same (low)caliber and moral fiber as the rest of the LaRump maladminstration and WH staff, now is it. He'd fit right it. I was terrified that he was going to be appointed to Homeland when this all started, thankfully, I think, he has muddied the waters sufficiently that he'd never get approved now. I really do like him missing that pension thing though, there is some justice at least.
Maybe that five-star book is making him enough money he doesn't care.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:46 am

Chilidog wrote:
ZekeB wrote:Milwaukee was always the second-most liberal city in Wisconsin. How did the piece of work get elected in the first place? The world wonders...
The suburbs are in Waukesha County. They couldn't vote for him. I wonder who his competition was. Perhaps his brain went south with age, just as Trump's did.

Vím o prasatech hodně zajímavých věcí.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:00 am

ZekeB wrote:
Chilidog wrote:
The suburbs are in Waukesha County. They couldn't vote for him. I wonder who his competition was. Perhaps his brain went south with age, just as Trump's did.
I read he is a registered Democrat and ran as a Democrat, but his values (such as they are) are Republican. If it's like our local elections, no one pays attention to the local names.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:56 pm

Per Mediaite, Clarke is joining America First Action, a pro-Trump PAC, as a senior advisor and spokesman. According to the article, he "is expected to appear on Hannity tonight to discuss his new position."

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:05 pm

P.K. wrote: Ms. Huckabee Sanders lies almost as much as her boss, and is an expert on using weasel words like "I'm not aware of...." I won't be surprised to see Clarke in some White House position sooner rather than later.
Given the poor coordination and infighting within the white house, I would not be surprised if she is out of any particular loop.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:21 pm

From Sheriff to PAC flack? :lol: His reelection wasn't certain IIRC. As always, could have been worse, he could have been at DHS overseeing DACA. Guess Fox News won't have to pay for him now, he'll be a free guest for the PAC.

phaseolus

Post by phaseolus » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:15 pm

Chilidog wrote:
Pretty much this, plus open primaries. He wasn't widely known to be a nutjob (well, not by me anyway) until after he was elected. Only then did he decide to be more political animal than administrator, cozying up to the local AM radio hosts and growing his fan base. Once that had happened, the local Republican party made sure there were no consequential Republican primary races whenever his term was up, freeing all his conservative fans to grab the 'D' ballot in the always very low turnout Spring Primary elections.

I think we'd finally reached the point where that strategy wasn't going to work anymore. I strongly suspect his frequent attacks on Black Lives Matter would have inspired many new primary voters had he run again. If true I'm sure this informed his decision to 'retire'. (In a summer in which conservative politicians avoided public appearances, he skipped this year's July 4th parades around the county, and he loved those. Not only could he pose with his damn hat in public, he could do it on a horse. Little knots of Republicans in the crowd always cheered him.)
vic wrote:
I can't imagine what it was like having him as sheriff.

Oh, wait - we had police chief Daryl Gates.
The Milwaukee County Sheriffs Department doesn't really have a whole lot to do, but he's managed to mess that up by allowing several prison deaths and that traffic fatality that one of his people was culpable for. The department's only responsible for patrolling the freeways, county parks, the airport, the zoo (I think), the courthouse, and for running the jails. Unless you're at a large public gathering or the airport or the beach, it's rare you'll ever encounter a Sheriff's deputy.

The park thing is the source of his one genuine accomplishment: upon taking office he marshaled some additional resources to the main lakefront beach's parking lots where after hours loitering/fights/etc. in summer started to be a real problem. All it needed was more boots on the ground, which he moved there from elsewhere. It worked. It wasn't really a work of genius, I imagine it's what any Sheriff would have done. Yet Clarke and his fans have been milking that triumph for a couple decades, now.

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:58 pm

Per the Daily Beast: Sheriff Clarke Was in Talks for a Trump White House Job—Then John Kelly Killed It
Sheriff David A. Clarke just lost out on yet another Trump administration job—and he has the president’s chief of staff to thank.

Officials in the West Wing tell The Daily Beast that Clarke had been in consideration for a White House post over the past seven weeks. But on Tuesday, the controversial former Milwaukee County lawman signed on with an outside group instead. He will serve as a spokesman and “senior adviser” for the pro-Trump super PAC America First Action.

Four sources working in and close to the Trump White House said his failure to land a gig in the West Wing or at the Department of Homeland Security, where Clarke unsuccessfully sought a job earlier this year, was in large part the result of opposition from White House chief of staff John Kelly. Kelly led DHS until late July.

Though Clarke had been discussed for a possible White House communications or outreach role, Kelly’s position as chief of staff made the arrangement a “non-starter,” as one senior White House official put it. Earlier this year, while serving as DHS Secretary, Kelly had informed Clarke that an appointment to that department would not happen in part due to scandal surrounding the treatment of inmates in Clarke’s jail, and the ensuing negative media attention. According to two sources familiar with the discussions, this led to Clarke formally “rescinding” his intention to join the Trump administration in mid-June.
More at the link, including that Kelly apparently quashed an appointment for Kobach.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:07 pm

Sad!

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”