(Former) Sheriff David Clarke

Mr. Gneiss

Re: Sheriff David Clarke

Post by Mr. Gneiss » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:34 pm

The first thing I thought of was that Trump is going to pardon him for something yet to be disclosed. :mrgreen:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:43 pm

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/3 ... 4?cmpid=sf

David Clarke, the controversial outgoing sheriff of Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, is expected to take a job in the Trump administration, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

Clarke resigned as sheriff on Thursday. A regular presence on Fox News, Clarke has become a well-known figure in conservative circles in recent years. He is also an avowed supporter of President Donald Trump, and he spoke at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland last year.

But he has come under fierce criticism amid a series of deaths in the Milwaukee County prison, including that of Terrill Thomas, who died of dehydration last year after guards turned off the water in his cell.

Trump has been one of Clarke's most vocal cheerleaders, and even promoted his book on Twitter earlier this month.

It’s unclear what job Clarke will take in the administration, but one of the sources said he’s expected to join the White House. Clarke likely won’t be offered a Senate-confirmed role because his nomination would face opposition from lawmakers on both sides of the aisle.

June bug

Post by June bug » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:50 pm

Crap. :madguy:

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:54 pm

Silver lining time. Clarke will get kicked out the White House when Trump gets kicked out. And then the only likely job he'll get will be on Faux TV. But he will no longer be a Sheriff and he won't ever get into anyone else's White House
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:00 pm

Another fool for Kelly's kennel of fools

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:05 pm

Gonna need to make room for him on the Who's Next Under the Bus thread. He gets my vote.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:07 pm

Wait... I thought being on Foxed News and being in Trump's Administration was the same thing.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:08 pm

RoadScholar wrote:Wait... I thought being on Foxed News and being in Trump's Administration was the same thing.
It's not?
“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:14 pm

So what are guesses as to a White House role? Replacement for Bannon as Chief Strategist? (Hey, being a sheriff if just as good as being an online blog host, eh?) Somewhere in the Comms shop?

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:03 pm

SLQ wrote:So what are guesses as to a White House role? Replacement for Bannon as Chief Strategist? (Hey, being a sheriff if just as good as being an online blog host, eh?) Somewhere in the Comms shop?
Gorka's replacement.
I love the poorly educated!!!

I never repeat myself. I never repeat myself. Trump 2/25/16

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:28 pm

SLQ wrote:So what are guesses as to a White House role? Replacement for Bannon as Chief Strategist? (Hey, being a sheriff if just as good as being an online blog host, eh?) Somewhere in the Comms shop?
Didn't someone just leave who was in charge of accumulating happy news articles to stroke Trump's ego each day? Clarke can do that!

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:36 pm

Rumor I was seeing originally was that LaRump wanted him at Homeland, and he'd have been a perfect fit with the current administration, he could have run Homeland the way he did his jail. That certainly isn't going to happen now, and I can't imagine what he'd be qualified for otherwise.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:50 pm

What would be awesome would be if someone (like Miller) promised him a spot, got him to resign, and someone else (like Kelly) says "No way" and screws him over.
"Let's say you're on trial for armed robbery. You say to the judge, 'I forgot armed robbery was illegal.' "

-Steve Martin

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:51 pm

Trump'll fire McMaster and replace him with Clarke.
"Moths are velvety-soft abominations attracted to light." --Puck, reporter from Breaking Cat News

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:12 am

TexasFilly wrote:
Gorka's replacement.
That seems like a great fit! No experience necessary.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:30 am

SLQ wrote:
TexasFilly wrote:
Gorka's replacement.
That seems like a great fit! No experience necessary.
:rotflmao:
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:26 am

Takes a big man to wear that hat. Definitely Trump team material. :smoking:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:15 am

Since our nation's capital is strictly a district (of Columbia) it has NO COUNTIES and ipso facto NO SHERIFFS.

Thus, Sheriff David Clarke will be the only sheriff in Washington DC. He'll be White House Sheriff, the highest constitutional law enforcement officer in the federal government, higher up than Chris Wray or Keebler Elf Sessions.

Then he's gonna fire Mooler and bring the Russian Hoax to a sad, quiet end. :mrgreen:
♪ ♫ I'll stop the world and melt with you! ♫ ♪

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:17 am

Foggy wrote:Since our nation's capital is strictly a district (of Columbia) it has NO COUNTIES and ipso facto NO SHERIFFS.

Thus, Sheriff David Clarke will be the only sheriff in Washington DC. He'll be White House Sheriff, the highest constitutional law enforcement officer in the federal government, higher up than Chris Wray or Keebler Elf Sessions.

Then he's gonna fire Mooler and bring the Russian Hoax to a sad, quiet end. :mrgreen:
Sadly, that may have been part of someone's cunning plan. :doh:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:28 am

Show me where the Constitution says either the Director of the FBI or the Attorney General is higher than the White House Sheriff. You can't. It's a brilliant idea. :idea:

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:45 am

Foggy wrote:Show me where the Constitution says either the Director of the FBI or the Attorney General is higher than the White House Sheriff. You can't. It's a brilliant idea. :idea:
Better yet, show me where in the constitution it mentions any of the three??? :rotflmao:

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:47 am

Yeah, it's diabolical. :mrgreen:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:49 pm

Foggy wrote:Since our nation's capital is strictly a district (of Columbia) it has NO COUNTIES and ipso facto NO SHERIFFS.

Thus, Sheriff David Clarke will be the only sheriff in Washington DC.He'll be White House Sheriff,the highest constitutional law enforcement officer in the federal government, higher up than Chris Wray or Keebler Elf Sessions.

And the WH Secret Service boys will jump to attention at the tune of his whistle :lol:

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:14 pm

I really hope Trump tries to bring him on board to the White House staff.

Kelly would have a cow.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:59 pm

It may be to our benefit if Trump puts this "sheriff" in charge of the Secret Service.

NADT

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”