(Former) Sheriff David Clarke

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Re: Sheriff David Clarke

Post by Flatpointhigh » Fri May 26, 2017 9:50 pm

voxpopuluxe wrote:
Jim wrote:On my phone, so can't post but just read a story on Clarke being on an airplane and someone asked if he was Clarke and when Clarke said yes, just stared at Clarke. Clarke called for backup. Pathetic little man.
This Salon story covers that. And apparently Clarke has continued to try to bait the guy on social media.
Clarke had the man arrested once the plane landed for the criminal act of "staring at him"

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

Pompeed

Post by Pompeed » Sat May 27, 2017 12:30 am

With all of that stuff on his chest, the only thing he's missing is a pair of hob nailed jack boots.

mighty dawg

Post by mighty dawg » Sat May 27, 2017 10:28 am

Pompeed wrote:With all of that stuff on his chest, the only thing he's missing is a pair of hob nailed jack boots.
Made the Washington Post:

Here’s what the pins that Sheriff Clarke wears actually mean
Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke emerged onto the national scene last year with his fervent support of Republican Donald Trump, despite the fact he was a Democrat. Clarke’s embrace of Trump’s politics — and of Trump’s intemperate rhetorical style — earned him a speaking slot at the Republican convention last year. It also overlapped with a great deal of scrutiny about his behavior as sheriff, including a number of deaths at jails under his jurisdiction.

Clarke’s political energy and background made him a deeply controversial figure, and the subject of a great deal of praise and criticism. Earlier this month, he became the target of a perhaps unexpected bit of critique, when a veteran took issue with Clarke’s appearance at the convention.

“Look at this f‑‑‑ing guy’s uniform,” Charles Clymer wrote on Twitter. “You see all that s‑‑t pinned all over his dress uniform jacket? That’s not supposed to be there.”

His objection was that the decorations on Clarke’s uniform project “authority” — but that they themselves are meaningless. “Colin Powell once described a dress uniform as a soldier’s résumé,” he wrote. “You can tell what they’ve done by their ribbons and badges.” More ribbons and medals mean a lengthier résumé, in other words — which wasn’t the case with Clarke’s regalia.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" - Albert Einstein

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat May 27, 2017 10:29 am

Pompeed wrote:With all of that stuff on his chest, the only thing he's missing is a pair of hob nailed jack boots.
Ssssshhhhhhh! :nooo:

“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:12 am

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/t ... plagiarism
How the media got it wrong on Sheriff Clarke plagiarism accusation

When it comes to issues such as sanctuary cities, it is impossible to avoid controversy. When President Donald Trump appoints anyone to help oversee the issue, it will be controversial, especially if the appointment promises to be very effective one.

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke is scheduled to serve as an assistant secretary at the Department of Homeland Security. He will be working at the Office of Partnership and Engagement, which coordinates outreach to state and local governments.

Clarke’s understanding of domestic law enforcement issues makes him the perfect candidate. He joins President Trump in opposing sanctuary cities and in supporting the creation of a wall on the U.S-Mexican border.

Not surprisingly, the long knives are out for Sheriff Clarke.
Isn't it still crickets in DC about this supposed appointment?

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:16 pm

Let's make sure people know about this, what a vile man Clarke is.
Jury Awards $6,700,000 to Inmate Raped Repeatedly by Guard in Sheriff David Clarke’s Jail
Monique Judge Thursday 7:43pm

A woman who was raped repeatedly by a guard while she was being held in the Milwaukee County Jail four years ago was awarded $6.7 million by a jury that determined that the guard in question, Xavier Thicklen, was acting under the scope of his employment when the assaults happened, thereby making the county of Milwaukee liable for the damages in the case. The jail is run by Sheriff David Clarke, the outspoken black conservative “Blue Lives Matter” proponent who is now reportedly joining the Trump administration.

The woman, who was already pregnant when she was booked into the jail in 2013, was shackled to a bed when she went into labor later that year, and the jury found that although there was “no legitimate government purpose” to shackling the woman during labor, the woman was not injured and therefore not awarded monetary damages for that incident, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports.

Theresa Kleinhaus, a Chicago attorney who litigated the case with other attorneys, told the Journal Sentinel that her client, who is not being named because she is the victim of a sexual assault, was pleased with the verdicts.

“She was raped repeatedly at the age of 19. She sought justice and she is glad the system delivered that justice,” Kleinhaus said. “She hopes to prevent other women from being sexually assaulted in the Milwaukee County Jail.”
http://www.theroot.com/inmate-raped-rep ... 1795943202

From Michael Moore: RESISTANCE CALENDAR! A one-stop site for all anti-Trump actions EVERY DAY nationwide: http://resistancecalendar.org

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:14 pm

Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke has reportedly withdrawn from consideration for the role of deputy secretary at the Department of Homeland Security, according to a new report.

An adviser to Clarke told The Washington Post Saturday that the sheriff had officially notified Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly late Friday night that he had rescinded his acceptance.

Clarke told conservative radio host Vicki McKenna during an interview last month that he had accepted the role of deputy secretary of Homeland Security.

“I’m both honored and humbled to be appointed to this position by Secretary Kelly, working for the Trump administration,” he previously said.

Clarke was expected to start the role at the end of June, but a source told The Post that the appointment faced significant delays, which led to Clarke's decision to withdraw.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... d-security

Did any Trump officials ever confirm that he was being considered in the first place?

Flatpointhigh

Post by Flatpointhigh » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:32 pm

Kendra wrote:
Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke has reportedly withdrawn from consideration for the role of deputy secretary at the Department of Homeland Security, according to a new report.

An adviser to Clarke told The Washington Post Saturday that the sheriff had officially notified Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly late Friday night that he had rescinded his acceptance.

Clarke told conservative radio host Vicki McKenna during an interview last month that he had accepted the role of deputy secretary of Homeland Security.

“I’m both honored and humbled to be appointed to this position by Secretary Kelly, working for the Trump administration,” he previously said.

Clarke was expected to start the role at the end of June, but a source told The Post that the appointment faced significant delays, which led to Clarke's decision to withdraw.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... d-security

Did any Trump officials ever confirm that he was being considered in the first place?
Not a one.

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:41 pm

That's what I thought.

Whip

Post by Whip » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:47 pm

clarke lollerz.JPG
clarke lollerz2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mighty dawg

Post by mighty dawg » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:11 pm

Sheriff David Clarke no longer under consideration for DHS job

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke is no longer under consideration for a position in the Department of Homeland Security, a DHS spokesman told CNN.

The spokesman added, "We wish him well."

Clarke, who was a vocal surrogate for President Donald Trump on the campaign trail, announced in May that he would be joining the administration as an assistant secretary in DHS, serving as a liaison with law enforcement at several levels across the country.

"I am both honored and humbled to be appointed to this position" in the "office of partnership and programs," Clarke told WISN radio at the time. He said would begin the new role in June.

However, the sheriff's potential appointment faced numerous problems. A review by CNN's KFILE found that Clarke plagiarized sections of his 2013 master's thesis on US security, failing to correctly attribute his sources at least 47 times.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" - Albert Einstein

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Whip wrote:clarke lollerz.JPG

clarke lollerz2.JPG

:wave: :- :-

Flatpointhigh

Post by Flatpointhigh » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:22 pm

mighty dawg wrote:Sheriff David Clarke no longer under consideration for DHS job

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke is no longer under consideration for a position in the Department of Homeland Security, a DHS spokesman told CNN.

The spokesman added, "We wish him well."

Clarke, who was a vocal surrogate for President Donald Trump on the campaign trail, announced in May that he would be joining the administration as an assistant secretary in DHS, serving as a liaison with law enforcement at several levels across the country.

"I am both honored and humbled to be appointed to this position" in the "office of partnership and programs," Clarke told WISN radio at the time. He said would begin the new role in June.

However, the sheriff's potential appointment faced numerous problems. A review by CNN's KFILE found that Clarke plagiarized sections of his 2013 master's thesis on US security, failing to correctly attribute his sources at least 47 times.
According to a copy of a DHS letter going around twitter, that has "Sheriff" mispelled, Clarke was only sent a letter of intent, not actually hired.

Cancer broke me

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:41 am

It used to be you could tell the spam/fake news stuff because of the misspellings. Not anymore.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

realist

Post by realist » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:32 pm

Whatever4 wrote:It used to be you could tell the spam/fake news stuff because of the misspellings. Not anymore.
Don't think it's fake.

Abby D. PhillipVerified account
@abbydphillip

@WashingtonPost White House Reporter. @CNN Political Analyst.

ImageX 4 (have met 36 Obots at meetups) Image X 4

June bug

Post by June bug » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:07 pm

Few things political make me happy these days. This one does.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:13 pm

June bug wrote:Few things political make me happy these days. This one does.
Let's dance- with or without flair!! :bunny: :banana: :happydance: :bounce:

“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

phaseolus

Post by phaseolus » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:05 pm

Heard a story on NPR a few days ago about Republican Senators and Congressmen not appearing in Independence Day parades quite so much this year as they have in the past. Our Sheriff Clarke has always LOVED parades, strutting around on horseback with his cowboy hat, no doubt enjoying the occasional knots of wildly cheering conservatives.

I went to one Suburban parade last Tuesday. Evidently the political climate's too hot, although the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department had its usual place near the front of the parade, Clarke was nowhere in sight.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:45 pm

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel -

David A. Clarke Jr. resigns as Milwaukee County sheriff
Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. — the controversial, Stetson-wearing official who rose to national prominence with his no-holds-barred conservative rhetoric — resigned his office Thursday.

Clarke, who is in his fourth term, submitted a resignation letter to Milwaukee County Clerk George Christenson on Thursday afternoon. The sheriff was attending the convention of the National Fraternal Order of Police in Nashville and could not be reached for comment.

"Pursuant to Wisconsin Statute 17.01, this communication is submitted as the notice of my resignation as Sheriff of Milwaukee County commencing Aug. 31, 2017, at 11:59 p.m.," stated Clarke's resignation letter.

The news of the resignation was first reported by conservative talk show host Mark Belling.
That's the entire article.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:48 pm

Shit, he's heading to DC. Or else he just killed someone.

Patriotism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel.
Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:50 pm

I don't think Kelly will put up with him in the West Wing, and I'm willing to bet that he's going to have a hard time getting confirmed by the senate.

All Al Franken would have to do is ask him to explain all the Flair on his uniform.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:53 pm

Chilidog wrote:All Al Franken would have to do is ask him to explain all the Flair on his uniform.
Someone pointed out to him that he didn't look as good as Jennifer Aniston with flair.

Vím o prasatech hodně zajímavých věcí.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:00 pm

ZekeB wrote:
Chilidog wrote:All Al Franken would have to do is ask him to explain all the Flair on his uniform.
Someone pointed out to him that he didn't look as good as Jennifer Aniston with flair.
:twisted: One star as flair ought to be sufficient - beware garderobe malfuntions :shock:

jonbeck

Post by jonbeck » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:09 pm

I am willing to bet something came up when they were vetting him for a DC job, and it cost him his local job.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:10 pm

Surely if he was getting a big Federal job he would wait to resign until after it was announced.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”