(Former) Sheriff David Clarke

Kendra

(Former) Sheriff David Clarke

Post by Kendra » Sun May 21, 2017 7:41 pm

I can't find he has his own thread, if he does will the mods please merge? TY.

On a few semi-related threads here it's been reported this week that 1) Clark claimed he was taking a position with DHS (who can't confirm it, last I heard). 2) CNN had all kinds of good reporting last night, including that he might have plagiarized a bit here and there. From The Hill report below, he doesn't appear too happy with CNN.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/33448 ... ism-report

M
ilwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke denied allegations Saturday that he plagiarized his master’s thesis, calling the reporter who first broke the story a “sleaze bag.”

CNN’s Andrew Kaczynski and his team, known as “KFile,” claims that Clarke broke school guidelines by not properly using quotations marks around verbatim phrases that he used from sources, which he did name in his footnotes.

Clarke reportedly built his 2013 thesis titled, "Making U.S. security and privacy rights compatible,” by using the language from such sources while he attended the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, Calif.
CSPOA found Richard Mack must be proud...

Chilidog

Re: Sheriff David Clark

Post by Chilidog » Sun May 21, 2017 7:53 pm

The guy's "Chotchkie's flair" cracks me up.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun May 21, 2017 8:00 pm

Chilidog wrote:The guy's "Chotchkie's flair" cracks me up.
Somewhere on FB today there was an article about a vet who was very peeved over his 'medals' and ripped him apartment on Twitter. If I find it, I will post it here. I really do need to concentrate on a book that was due a few days ago, but the library hasn't figured out it's still on my Kindle *hangs head in shame*

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun May 21, 2017 8:32 pm

Do you own a red swingliner?
“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Sun May 21, 2017 9:18 pm

Among accusations made against Clark:

(1) His master's thesis (on public safety issues) plagiarized from a number of sources (including the ACLU!) without attribution, and

(2) He brightens up his police unifrom with various other badges and medals, some non-police, some un-earned.

Whip

Post by Whip » Sun May 21, 2017 9:49 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
he's no Milton

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Sun May 21, 2017 10:29 pm

Kendra wrote:
Somewhere on FB today there was an article about a vet who was very peeved over his 'medals' and ripped him apartment on Twitter. If I find it, I will post it here....................<snip>..
I had posted about that in the Transition 2016 thread. Moving it here to this spiffy new place (and deleted the other post)

facebook post:

What does Sheriff Clarke's attire say to you?

ETA: comments at that post don't get/understand/like his salute either.

links to:
Army vet goes in on Sheriff Clarke's 'toy uniform' with its 'novelty pins'
<snipping the text and most of the tweets.>

Charles Clymer ✔ @cmclymer
11/ Y'all, this is something a fucking 10 year-old does. And I know because I was 10 and did this with a pin collection one day. Stupid fun.
2:30 PM - 17 May 2017 · Washington, DC

Charles Clymer ✔ @cmclymer
12/ But a grown-ass adult arranging his uniform in a way with novelty pins to give the appearance of being highly decorated? What the fuck.
2:31 PM - 17 May 2017 · Washington, DC

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/5/ ... l=facebook
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Sun May 21, 2017 10:32 pm

FWIW..... there is still another Sheriff David Clark post still on the Transition 2016 thread.
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Burn'em Down

Post by Burn'em Down » Mon May 22, 2017 12:27 am

13 pieces of flair is the minimum Davie, step it up!

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon May 22, 2017 1:16 am

David Clark's ridiculous uniform looks like a cheap version of the uniform of a tin pot dictator. But tin pot dictators (a) have better tailors and (b) have much nicer fake medals.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon May 22, 2017 2:59 am

:yeah: too, also. I had the same reaction when I saw the picture. It is exactly that sort of thing that gives law enforcement a bad name.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Mon May 22, 2017 5:50 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:David Clark's ridiculous uniform looks like a cheap version of the uniform of a tin pot dictator. But tin pot dictators (a) have better tailors and (b) have much nicer fake medals.
Too, also, they usually manage to get the alignment of all the ribbons and name badges and shit right - none of this angled nonsense.
1 Cranch 137, 177

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Mon May 22, 2017 5:53 am

Mikedunford wrote:Too, also, they usually manage to get the alignment of all the ribbons and name badges and shit right - none of this angled nonsense.
Wannabe war heroes have no idea of how to wear the uniform.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon May 22, 2017 6:13 am

I thought it looked like really bad cheap Banana Republic Junta costume schlock when I first saw it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Mon May 22, 2017 6:24 am

One of the medals is from the Israeli traffic police.
Clarke may have received the pin when he toured Israel and Russia in 2015, in what the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported was a trip funded by the National Rifle Association.

Okay, it’s possible. But it makes one wonder: Did he earn the pin? If so, how? Did he head off a battle royale on the notoriously clogged road straddling Jerusalem’s Old City and Sultan’s Pool? Did he avert a crisis on the LaGuardia ramp into Tel Aviv? Did he bring peace, love and understanding to the hot, messy hell that is the Checkpost road, connecting Haifa with its northern suburbs?
http://www.jta.org/2017/05/19/news-opin ... vid-clarke

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon May 22, 2017 8:31 am

Whip wrote:
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
he's no Milton
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

"I said, 'No salt. No salt.'"
“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Mon May 22, 2017 9:00 am

He and Gorka are my least favorites of the all terrible losers and miscreants who were the only people supporting Donald. I still haven't seen DHS confirm the appointment, great way to get off on the right foot David.

BTW for the topic title it's David A. Clarke, Jr.
Verified account @SheriffClarke ‏
Sheriff Milwaukee Co. MA Security Studies NPS. NRA Member. CPAC Charlton Heston Courage Under
From Michael Moore: RESISTANCE CALENDAR! A one-stop site for all anti-Trump actions EVERY DAY nationwide: http://resistancecalendar.org

Kendra

Re: Sheriff David Clarke

Post by Kendra » Mon May 22, 2017 9:07 am

Orlylicious wrote:He and Gorka are my least favorites of the all terrible losers and miscreants who were the only people supporting Donald. I still haven't seen DHS confirm the appointment, great way to get off on the right foot David.

Sheriff Milwaukee Co. MA Security Studies NPS. NRA Member. CPAC Charlton Heston Courage Under
I will fix that when I am at a real computer.

He has his own website, outside of an official one from county? http://thepeoplessheriff.com

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon May 22, 2017 10:02 am

Kendra wrote:I will fix that when I am at a real computer.
Fixed already - el Gallo de Niebla
♪ ♫ Human kindness is overflowin',
And I think it's goin'
To rain today. ♫ ♪

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Mon May 22, 2017 10:03 am

Kendra wrote:
Orlylicious wrote:He and Gorka are my least favorites of the all terrible losers and miscreants who were the only people supporting Donald. I still haven't seen DHS confirm the appointment, great way to get off on the right foot David.

I will fix that when I am at a real computer.

He has his own website, outside of an official one from county? http://thepeoplessheriff.com
"The (white) People's Sheriff" is what it should be

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue May 23, 2017 3:32 pm

Oh the poor dear. Pity party time :)

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... -him-after
Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke said a CNN report that he plagiarized parts of his master's thesis could sway President Trump's decision to appoint him to a position in the Department of Homeland Security.

"This is about weakening, like I said, the support that I give and that I have with President Donald Trump and Secretary Kelly, it's to weaken their resolve to hang in there with me," Clarke said in an interview that aired Monday with radio host Joe Pags that was first highlighted by CNN.

"Will it be successful? It might, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over that," he added.

Clarke said last week that he had accepted the job of assistant secretary at DHS’s Office of Partnership and Engagement. However, DHS said that the department had not made any announcement about his appointment.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri May 26, 2017 5:29 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pol ... 59e560585f

WAPO tries to ferret out all those badges.

Jim

Post by Jim » Fri May 26, 2017 5:51 pm

On my phone, so can't post but just read a story on Clarke being on an airplane and someone asked if he was Clarke and when Clarke said yes, just stared at Clarke. Clarke called for backup. Pathetic little man.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri May 26, 2017 5:55 pm

Kendra wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pol ... 59e560585f

WAPO tries to ferret out all those badges.
The one with wings is similar to badges worn by deputies who are also pilots. Any idea if Clarke is a pilot? It's also not out of the realm of possibility that it is motorcycle-related in some way. Wings are a very common motif with the motor cops.

voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe » Fri May 26, 2017 6:04 pm

Jim wrote:On my phone, so can't post but just read a story on Clarke being on an airplane and someone asked if he was Clarke and when Clarke said yes, just stared at Clarke. Clarke called for backup. Pathetic little man.
This Salon story covers that. And apparently Clarke has continued to try to bait the guy on social media.
"Nazi punks fuck off!"

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”